Zinnia

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗
Zinnia
Endurance, Remembering
╚═══*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

It had been so long. Finally. He had caught a break from everything in L'manburg. He could visit his friend.

A trace of guilt trickled down his face, but he shook it away, knowing everything would be just fine.

The portal warped, nauseatingly, twisting Tubbo's organs. He clutched his mouth, ready, but had gotten better at not throwing up every-time.

The skies twisted red, and grass turned hard. The unsettlingly hot atmosphere led him speed walking down the path he assumed was Tommy's. It was thin at first, then expanded to cobble and obsidian. Someone probably helped Tommy with this, seeing as Tommy would only use cobblestone. He hates obsidian.

Up and down and up and down, the path twisted and turned. It was pointlessly long.

Finally, Tubbo reached a small portal, poorly crafted. Prepping himself through, he did actually throw up on the other side. He hates portals.

His tiny body stumbled through the rough obsidian eyes lol barrier and into the grass. Surrounded by trails leading to tents in the distance, a beach by the shore, and a log build to his left.

The tent was surely Tommy's. He smiles nervously, fidgeting with his thumbs as he headed up hill, to the tent. It was open, with a picture of the Queen inside, next to the makeshift sheets on the grass and an enderchest buried into the dirt.

A paper was roughly set under the pillow, and when pulled out, Tubbo smiled. It was the picture of Tubbo and Tommy by the water, when they went boating together.

He clutched the compass dangling from his neck, and sobbed into the sheets.

"Not yet," he smiled, getting up and heading to the log structure. There was a bell on top of an oak log in one corner, hidden by barrels, and then a large van, obviously built by Ghostbur. The door seemed to be missing, and inside was a blanket with blue smeared on its edges.

Where was Tommy? His heart skipped a beat, and he noticed his old friend wasn't anywhere, suddenly in a frenzy.

He feet shook as he walked to the beach, where a festive setup was put up. Tubbo accidentally stepped in some cake, before flinching at a voice.

"What are you doing here Tubbo?"

His feet twisted in the sand, and he fell into a hard wooden chair behind him. Rubbing his head, he gazed blurring up to a green figure. The hoodied man crouched to Tubbo's eye line.

"Answer me, Tubbo."

"I— I... I came to see Tommy! Where is he? Why is everything... Where is he, Dream?"

Dream smiled picking up Tubbo, sadly.

"I have bad news, Tubbo. Tommy... Let me show you something."

His tight grasp in Tubbo's wrist carried the two to the woods where low hanging trees covered the sun. Tubbo almost fell into a hole, when Dream yanked him backwards.

"Careful."

"A creeper hole? Wh— what's this...?" Tubbo's breath hitched, confused.

"I found this in the hole when I visited last," Dream said with a frown, dangling a compass from his fingertips. Did Tommy have a matching compass to Tubbo? But why would he leave it behind...

"He wouldn't leave this behind, Tubbo. I have two thoughts. One is he ran away, leaving this or dropping this behind, and the other is—"

"He died." Tubbo choked, sitting next to the hole. His voice cracked in the midst of his line, and now was the time to sob. These weren't happy tears anymore.

"I believe it was inevitable... C'mon. You're the strongest president I know. You don't need him, Tubbo." Dream turned towards Tubbo.

Tubbo looked up to Dream, then back down. Surely not. Surely Tommy wasn't dead... but the evidence. His friend would never leave behind his way back to his home. To Tubbo.

"I can't believe this..."

Dream sighed. He sounded so sincere. Maybe he'll miss Tommy, too. Their banter. Maybe it was all friendly fire.

Tubbo took the compass, swirling the scuffed metal in his palm. He needed to tell the others.