Chrysanthemum

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗
Chrysanthemum
friendship
╚═══*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

Snow began to drift from the heavens, and Wilbur ran outside, laughing cheerfully.

"Look! It's snowing, Phil!" He smiles, beckoning for Phil and the others to join him. Tommy looked out hesitantly from behind Philza, wary of the strange cold.

Wilbur shouted for him to join him, and Tommy knew he could trust his brother. He ran towards Wilbur, watching Wilbur laugh, smile wide. Tommy took the sight for granted.

Technoblade strutted from the Japanese styled home, holding a cup of tea and covered in a thick jacket.

"You're just going to watch them?" He asked, sipping on the steaming tea, tongue burning slightly.

"They're so innocent looking..." Philza smiles, rubbing his arm. "First snow."

Technoblade laughs, chuckling sort of.

"Really? That's why they're so excited."

"Well, it's not Wilbur's first snow, but Tommy can't remember his first very well. I'd say it is Toms' first." Philza took a seat on the rugged porch. The house was hand built by Techno and Phil. Speaking of firsts, it was their first build. Not too shabby.

"Dad! Come join us!" Tommy shouted from the frosty flower fields. Wilbur smirks, waving over Techno as well.

Techno, being from the nether, wasn't one for the cold. But he stood, reaching for Phil's hand, dragging them both out into the fields.

The wind starts to howl, freezing Tommy's face. Wilbur goes to shield Tommy, when snow obscures their vision.

"Toms!"

"Wilby!" Tommy yelled, looking through the white field to find his brother. "Wilby!"

The cold was so real. Where was Wilbur? Where was Phil? Technoblade? He called out for everyone, but no one came. It was just him and the cold.

"Tommy?" Technoblade asks, grasping Tommy's arm through the cold. The sudden heat jerked Tommy awake, and he flew out of the mattress. His wings twitched like they yearned to fly, but they were too small and weak to do anything. Still recovering from Dream's weekly clippings.

"Blade?" He gasps, looking for air. The dream had brought him to yearn for vision once more. Perhaps it was a memory. He didn't remember much of before L'manburg. He didn't remember much of when he was truly a child.

"Are you okay? You were calling out for... a lot of people."

He wants to tell him everything. Every sliver of a nightmare. Every slice of terror.

"Tommy?"

Yeah. Yeah. He hears you perfectly fine. Stop... stop talking.

"Hey—"

Stop it. Please. Technoblade's insistence made Tommy want to scream, but he found no voice. He fell forward, reaching out for Technoblade quietly.

"I'm... sorry."

"No. No no no." Technoblade takes Tommy into his arms, wrapping him in the coat he wore. He wasn't much of a comfort person... but he could try. Technoblade didn't like the contact, but Tommy sobbed quietly into his chest. What a mess.

"I should be sorry, Tommy?" Get that questioning tone out of your voice, he tells himself. "You're just a kid."

"You're just a kid, Tommy."

Tommy stopped crying, hugging Technoblade ever so tightly. The kid had quite a grip. He breaths in the warmth, hating the cold.

He's just a kid.

-ˋˏ✄┈┈┈┈

Tommy was told to help with the bees, but he was scared he would accidentally anger one. Philza let him "watch" from the sides, as really, Tommy just sat in the snow, playing with the grass underneath.

Someone kicked him lightly.

"Are you okay?"

"'Sup Ranboob."

"That's—" Ranboo inhaled before deciding it wasn't worth it. "Never mind. Are you?"

Tilting his head to look towards the voice, Tommy realises how tall he might actually be.

"I'm fine. What are you doing still around here?"

"I live here, now... Don't really have anywhere else to go."

Tommy snickers. "What? L'manburg cast you out?" They do that.

"No... Tommy. Did no one tell you?"

He hummed, suddenly curious. "Tell me what?"

"L'manburg is gone."

He choked on his voice, losing words. Losing face.

"No it's not." Tommy chuckles, standing from the snow. "It's not... Dream succeeded?"

Ranboo nods, but then hums a yeah.

Tommy starts laughing, finding it silly. Ridiculous. Impossible. His voice falters. So untrustworthy. Ranboo was a liar, he remembered. A traitor. A traitor. A traitor. HE IS LYING.

Tommy shakes his head violently, backing up into something hard. There weren't any trees...?

"Careful, mate," Phil warns from somewhere behind him and on top of something. The bees.

L'manburg isn't gone. It isn't. It's... Why did Ranboo sound so truthful?

His home. His land. Wilbur's unfinished symphony. It can't be... They have to finish it. He built that nation from the ground up, and suffered day and night for it. He lost two lives defending that nation, and it's just gone? Everything he worked for?

"It's gone?" He whispers, stunned.

Ranboo sighs. "Yeah. It's a good thing."

"It's a— IT'S A GOOD THING?" Tommy cries out, Philza suddenly looking down at the boys. Tommy walks toward Ranboo, but is slightly off as he waves his hands around, frustratedly.

"That was my home! That was mine and Wilbur's creation! We fought for it. We died for it! It's a Good Thing? Ranboo, you weren't there. You don't get to say this ending is a good one," He hisses, eyes burning.

Don't cry, he tells himself. "That was My L'manburg."

"It caused so much pain, Tommy," Ranboo starts to debate. "It caused you so much pain. You weren't even allowed back there! I don't see why... Why you want it back?"

"It was all I had left of Wilbur."

"Our hard work."

"It was our unfinished symphony."

"It was home."