Protea

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗
Protea
Change, transformation
╚═══*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

Tommy felt the handle of his cheap axe snap in half. The broken weapon didn't leave him with much, because that is all he had come out to chop trees with. Night had fallen, taking him by surprise. The moon was bright enough to guide his sneakers to a cave.

Far from home, his looked for some way to make light. If he could make light, no mobs would spawn. Of course, he had no way to do this, making his fight flee.

Carrying himself further into the woods, away from the zombie infested cave, he felt a sharp tang in his ankle as a jolt of pain lit up his back. Tommy yelled, bruising on the way into the old creeper hole.

He sighed, holding back sobs from the pain. Tommy wouldn't be running anymore like this, he knew.

Sudden irritation filled his head for creepers and unfilled holes. This was the extent of his anger, he thought.

Something else fell into the hole next to him with an unsettling hiss. He stared down a green abomination inching towards him, it's little four stumps wiggling in odd ways. Tommy turned, attempting to stand and grasp the grass at the top.

It ripped through his fingers, and all he wanted was to hear anything but his heart. Such a bad last wish.

As a seeing man.

He turned back around to face the creeper, using the broken stick as a defence. It finally started to light up, and like the familiar sound of TNT, hiss.

A bright white flash and the eerie ringing of muffled burning flesh. Daylight rose over the horizon, he assumed, to match the bang. His stomach ached from the burning skin, and blistering blood seeping out.

Once the white vanished, so did everything. The tree's whistling of wind and soft hopping of rabbits against grass was all he could hear. The mobs were all gone, and so was his sight. He stared out into a nothingness full world. It unsettled him and his sight attached being.

Tubbo's compass.

He rapidly inhaled, digging around the hole. The fact he only had an axe was false. He also carried the compass Ghostbur gave him around his neck. But he didn't feel the weight.

He couldn't feel.
He couldn't hear.
He couldn't see.

He was alone.

Tommy cried out, voice hoarse from a long night of no rest and no food. Someone answered.

"Tommy?"

That was his friend's voice! He was safe.

"Dream! P-please! Help me out of this hole!"

Silence stilled after the eager begging came. Gears grinding in Dream's brain as he swiftly decided, perhaps he should help the child.

He shovelled some dirt out of the way, so the steep hole was flatter. Dream slid into the hole, grasping Tommy's burning hand. He jumped at the sudden touch.

He could hear.
He could feel.

The yank on the arm was painful and rough. Although, not harsh compared to the cold night spent in the woods.

Dream smiled, not that our blind man could see it. He smiled underneath his mask and told Tommy to follow him.

"Dream."

"Yes, Tommy?" The rough footsteps stopped.

"I can't."

The hunter laughed, thinking it a joke.
"Oh really? Why is that?"

"I can't..." Tommy stopped himself, grounding in the new reality.

"Speak up."

"I can't see," He cried out, shaking with fear.

"It's okay. It's probably just temporary. I'll help you through it, don't worry."

"Really?"

Dream grasped Tommy's hand with rough fingerless gloves, pulling him lightly. "Of course. You think I'd leave my friend all alone? You don't even need sight as long as I'm here to guide you. It's okay."

Tommy smiled softly, following Dream's lead to Logstedshire. He appreciated the hooded man who always stayed by his side. Even when his "best friend" turned his back, Dream was there.

Tommy felt himself be guided up steps, and into the van, he thought. Dream looked around, making a makeshift sleeping place.

"Here is this," He tapped onto the sheets, "So you don't have to go into the monster infested darkness."

He really was grateful. His only real friend was there for him.