Monkshood

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗
Monkshood/Aconite
Caution, treachery
╚═══*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

Why was the world so dark? His eyes had breached the morning and expected sunlight coming through tnret. But he realised he wasn't in his beloved tent, he didn't know what time it was, and there was no light.

There was something. He knew because he was touching soft sheets on his torso. But there was nothing to see. The sun had vanished and he was cold.

The darkness spooked him, and his awareness for his surroundings skyrocketed. Everything he touched or heard sent him shivers.

A sudden knock on a metal door took his breath away.

"H— Hey? Who is it?" He mustered all the cocky confidence in his tiny body as he could.

"It's me! Ghostbur!" The cheerful tone gave Tommy a slight smile. "Uh... The door doesn't open from this side, it appears. Can you. Let me in? Or can you come out? Lads On Tour hasn't hung out in so long!"

"Yeah, sure Ghostbur."

Tommy wasn't feeling good, but felt the walls to find some way to open the door. There wasn't any button or switch that he could see. Well...

"Tommy? It's okay! I just remembered my Ghostpick!!" His huge smile came through in his voice, making Tommy only more uncertain.

The metal door beside him broke, and suddenly Ghostbur sent chills into the van.

"What are you doing in here? What about tnret?"

Tommy looked towards the voice, smiling nervously, "Dream said it was safer here!"

"Dream? He's the nasty fella, though, isn't he?"

"Huh?" What on earth could Ghostbur have against Tommy's best friend?

"I was talking with Tubbo yesterday, and while he says they're friends, Dream doesn't act like it. He acts more so... wicked? Like a Disney villain?"

Ghostbur's words took him by surprise. Tommy blubbered, running his hand down his scarred arms as a distraction.

"Why don't we go on a little walk? It's not snowing, so I think it's okay for me to outside!"

Tommy nodded, truly unsure. He wasn't certain of anything really.

"Are you going to follow, Tommy?"

Shit. That's right. Ghostbur has incredibly quiet footsteps. He wasn't sure how to follow his brother in this state.

"Wi— Ghostbur..." He chuckled, "I can't see."

Ghostbur chuckles lightly, brows furrowing, "You're worrying me. What do you mean?"

"I mean I can't fucking see, Ghostbur!"

Ghostbur choked, feeling his eyes go fuzzy. What is this? A liquid poured from his eyes, burning his cheeks. He watched his little brother break down in front of him and felt helpless. None of Tommy's words were getting to Ghostbur. It was all so... Blurry.

"Have some blue—," He choked, not knowing why he couldn't breathe. He's a ghost! He doesn't need air! He dug into his pockets, picking up some icy crystals. But as soon as his fingers wrapped around the shards, they seeped with dark oceans. Too dark to be healthy.

-ˋˏ✄┈┈┈┈

"Wilbur? Teach me how to play piano!"

Wilbur laughed at his younger brother's sudden outburst. He set down the guitar, picking up little ol' T and carrying him to the keyboard Philza had bought him a while ago.

"Give me the Grand! And put me down!"

Wilbur set Tommy onto the stool, fidgeting with things so they were more to Tommy's liking. The blonde struck some keys, causing Wilbur to cry out.

"No! You dumb child, don't do that." Tommy looked up with big blue and very excited eyes.

"Look, watch my hands. You first need to learn the basic chords and the scale. It's just like any instrument."

"I've never played any instrument."

"You used to play that recorder around the house all the time."

"I don't remember that."

"Yeah. Growing up, you tend to forget things."

-ˋˏ✄┈┈┈┈

Ghostbur coughed, watching blue goop drip from his mouth and onto his hand.

"Ghostbur! I don't know what I'm going to fucking do! I just don't know! How do I know where to walk! Or who I'm around? I could easily be killed in this state. I have one life!"

His brother needed him.

"Hey, it'll be okay. I can see for you, y'know?"

"Ghostbur, what happens when you aren't here?"

The ghost stiffened, pondering the question. "We'll figure it out. You just need to breathe." Now was he reassuring himself or the kid? "What if we get Phil's help?"

"I'm not allowed to leave."

"Oh. Well I thought you just weren't supposed to go to L'manburg?"

Tommy sniffles, halting his sobs. "Holy shit, Ghostbur. You're a genius."