#23- Imagine for Courtney

A/N: hey guys! Hope y'all are staying safe with all the snow if you're getting any! This book is almost at 100k views! I love you guys so much💕
Xoxo, Sydneyy
----------------------------------------------
*Courtney's POV*
"Court, honey?" I heard my mom shout from the bottom of the staircase. "Are you almost ready?"
"Yup, I'll be right down!" I replied, tying my hair in a ponytail. I have the most important volleyball game tonight at my highschool. I'm the "star" player of the varsity team and I'm only a Freshman. My heart was racing as i grabbed my sports bag and raced down the stairs.
"You ready?" My mom asked, grabbing her keys.
"As ready as I'll ever be," I sighed.
"Look honey," my mom rested her hand on my shoulder, "I know you have a lot of pressure on you right now, but you'll do great. Just do what you do and you'll be fine." she smiled. This made me only a little less nervous. My ears filled with rap music as I sat in the front seat of my moms car on the way to my game. For some reason, rap music gets me pumped up and less nervous, gets me in the zone. My mom pulled up to the gym doors and let me out.
"Good luck, Courtney. I love you and I'll be watching!" my mom said as I shut the car door. I entered the school and walked straight to the locker room with my music still on. I got changed, grabbed my water, and waited for the rest of my team.
"Alrighty girls," My coach, Mr. Whitney said with his clipboard in hand, as he entered the locker room, "This is a huuuuge game. I need you girls to play your hardest, especially you Courtney." Mr. Whitney gave me a stern look, which made my heart beat faster.
"Yes, Mr. Whitney." I nodded my head.
"Alright, Saints on three," my coach said. We all placed our hands in the middle of the circle. "1, 2, 3....SAINTS" We all yelled in unison. My team and I all ran out to the other side of court to our bench and the sounds of whistles and cheers filled my ears. Man, there is a lot of people here I thought to myself. My coach told us the plays and we walked on to the court, getting in our ready positions. I blocked the noise of the crowd out and focused on the game.
*last 30 seconds on the game* (a/n: idk anything about volleyball, so I'm just making all of these plays and points up lol)
It was the last 30 seconds of the game and we were down my 2 points, my forehead was dripping with sweat, and my heart felt like it was going to pop right out of my chest. I could hear Mr.Whitney screaming plays, so I knew what was going happen. Hopefully it'll work. I got in my ready stance, and watched Ali, our server, serve the ball to Vanessa, our bumper, who bumped it straight to me. I jumped up and with as much force as i could, spiked the ball over the net. The other team missed the ball and watched it bounce on the ground. "WE WON!!" I heard my teammates scream as I turned around shock. Chants coming from my classmates in the stands filled my ears, along with whistles and cheers from other fans. I started jumping up and down with my teammates once I realized what I had done. They propped me up on their shoulders and started cheering "Courtney! Courtney! Courtney!" all the way into the locker room. Once we got into the locker room, coach gave us "the speech" about how awesome we played and teamwork and blah blah blah.
"Alright girls! Party at my house!" Molly, the senior captain yelled. "Bring anything and anyone you want." I showered and got changed into sweats and my warmup jacket and walked back out to the gym to greet my family. I looked up from my phone and saw more people than I expected standing with my mom and dad.
"Omigod! Auntie Tessa? What are you guys doing here!!!?" I shouted in happiness as I ran into her arms. As I was hugging her I saw him. Wait what? How is he here? The Hayes Grier was at my volleyball game. Talking to my cousin. I started up a conversation with my aunt about how they came to surprise me, until my cousin Johnny and Hayes walked over to us.
"Johnny, would you like to say anything to your cousin?" My Aunt said jokingly.
"Good game Court!" Johnny said, engulfing me in a big bear hug. I noticed Hayes checking me out but just ignored it and focused back on Johnny.
"Thank you!," I said while laughing.
"Seriously though, you're amazing" Johnny said with a big smile on his face. Johnny and I have always been close, we're the same age so we get each other. We haven't talked much since they moved to North Carolina, so this was a nice surprise.
"Who's this?" I asked Johnny with a smirk on my face, acting like I didn't know who Hayes was.
"Oh, this is Hayes." he replied. "Dad couldn't come so Mom said I could bring a friend." Hayes gave me a nod and flashed his pearly whites at me and gave me a "Hey." This made my heart beat like crazy, but I remained cool.
"Hey, you're from Vine right?" I asked Hayes. He laughed a little before answering, "yeah, yeah I am." he smirked.
"Sorry, you probably don't wanna hear that here." i realized.
"Trust me, it's fine." Hayes winked.
"Alright, sooo," I tried changing the subject. "Molly, the team captain is having a party and she said anyone could come, you guys in?" I asked, raising an eyebrow. I watched Johnny and Hayes reading each others minds, "We're in," they said in unison.
----------------------------------------------
A/N: hey guyys! This was getting a bit long so I'm making it into 2 parts:) hope you're enjoying so far!!