32)The Trick

-Anwen's POV-

     I flipped through a book, reading only some of the charms and their uses. I was way too excited, but I needed to finish studying.

     I was in an armchair in the Common Room, studying through N.E.W.T. material. I kept checking the clock on the wall, watching as the minute hand drew closer and closer to the thirty.

     When it did, I shut the book and picked up another. The title read What to expect when you are an Auror.

     I opened up to the table of contents, about to turn to chapter one when I heard two familiar voices. Bella and Lily walked up to my armchair.

     "Are you studying again?" Bella groaned.

     "Not for N.E.W.T.s, if that's what you're asking, but I'm studying about what it's like to be an Auror." I said.

     "Well, we were wondering if we could have a study group." Lily replied. "Bella said she's behind on her studies, and it would be helpful for her if we helped her."

     "Of course." I answered. "But she needs to promise to behave."

     "Okay, Mum," I gave her a look and she cleared her throat to say. "I will, alright?"

     "Alright. Next weekend?"

     "No." Bella responded. "I'm going on a date with Sirius."

      I almost choked on air. "Date with Sirius?" I managed to get out.

     "Yeah." Bella replied. "He's not as bad as I thought."

      "Okay then." I looked down at my book.

     "We'll let you get back to what you were doing." Lily pulled Bella out of the Common Room.

     I started reading the first chapter, examining every word.

Chapter One: Training
If you are accepted into the program, you will first be mentored. Your assigned mentor will teach you more advanced spells and put you through some possible situations that you might be in after your training. They could put you through the following:

     "Annie!" I looked up to see Lily again. I noticed this time, however, she was wearing an oversized jacket over her clothes. Where did she get that from?

     "Lily, remember the password this week is Confundus." Frank Longbottom called, hand in hand with Alice.

     "Don't want you stuck out there again." Alice said, following Frank to their favourite corner.

     "Okay." She quivered and turned back to me. "Something's gone wrong."

     "With what?" I raised an eyebrow.

     "Bella and I went down to Hogsmeade. She's really hurt in one of the empty shops." She said, freaking out.

     I dropped the book and stood up quickly. "Take me to her."

     She lead the way out the of the Common Room. She ran pretty quickly, faster than she'd ever been before. I've never seen her this fast. I thought while following right behind her.

     I hoped Bella was okay. What could she possibly do so dangerous in Hogsmeade at 11:00 in the morning?

     Lily passed Professor McGonagall, who was watching as we walked quickly, tired from running. I was about to turn back and tell her what was going on, but I trusted Lily.

     Perhaps it wasn't so bad, if she thought I could help Bella, but we didn't need the help of a professor or Madam Pomfrey.

     I was starting to have more and more questions as we made it into Hogsmeade. How could Bella possibly hurt herself in a couple minutes? The time we talked, the time they had to have taken to get down to Hogsmeade, the time Bella took to be stupid, and the time Lily took to get back to the Common Room didn't exactly add up, unless something happened way too quickly.

     I was starting to have doubts, but I didn't want to risk Bella actually being hurt.

     I watched as Lily paused in front of a shop that used to be some type of gift shop. She opened the door and I walked in with her holding the door open.

     "Bella?" I cried out into the darkness. Instead of hearing her voice, I heard the door close and the door being locked behind me. "Lily?"

     The lights suddenly went on, lighting up the room. Bella was nowhere to be found and I turned back towards Lily.

     Lily's dark red hair was lightening quickly, turning a blonde that reached the middle of her back. Her emerald green eyes formed to blue eyes, on the brink of sky blue and icy blue. "Flora?" I reached for the door, but she hit my arm, getting in between me and the door. She shoved me and I hit the ground.

    "Flora, do not batter up our guest." An icy voice rang from the back room. A tall man strolled in, his appearance sickening. He looked like he was a handsome man before he was this horrible human being. His eyes were bright red, his nostrils looking half normal, half slit like. He looked like he's been through Azkaban, barely let out with his soul.

    "Yes, My Lord." She got down on her knees, bowing to him.

     "Ah, here's the famous Anwen King." He peered down at me. "Famous dueller with pure blood."

     Both Flora and I got up from the floor. I stood in my place while she moved next to You-Know-Who, totally smug. "You're done for." She leaned into my face.

     "Patience, Flora." He smiled evilly. "Why don't we try your skills as a dueller? I've been dying to see them."

     You-Know-Who pulled out his wand and bowed. "You're supposed to bow too."

     "I won't." My voice quivered.

     "Ah, but you will." He pointed his wand at me and I felt myself being forced to bow. I managed to let out a scream, hoping that someone would hear me.

     "We've already enchanted this place." Flora said after I was forcefully standing up straight again. "No one will be able to hear your screams, even when you're dying."

     "Now, we will begin our duel." I felt the Imperius Curse lift. "Avada Kedavra!"

     I barely dodged the spell, aiming my wand and crying, "Expelliarmus !"

     He blocked it with an easy wave of his wand. "Avada Kedavra!"

     I moved out of the way. "Stupefy!"

     He hit it away again with another wave of his wand. "Avada Kedavra!"

     "Expelliarmus!" I recovered quickly after dodging.

     His wand flew out of his hand but he caught it. "Avada Kedavra!"

      After dodging it again, I cried out, "Petrificus Totalus!"

     He deflected it again, but instead of calling out his usual Death Curse, he just flicked his wand, catching me off guard. My wand flew out of my hand and into his.

     Another flick of his wand and I was on the floor, backing up into the wall. Both You-Know-Who and Flora advanced on me with triumph in their eyes.

     I closed my eyes and waited for death to come.