15

As the plane touched the ground at Heathrow Georgia felt sad their summer had come to an end. Kian had been quiet the whole journey home and neither of them had found the strength to bring up Georgia leaving for university in a few days. They went through security quickly and said their goodbyes to Sophia, Troy, Clara and Paul before they walked out to arrivals.

Kian nudged Georgia and pointed over to where Arabella was standing, jumping up and down with a massive sign saying 'Welcome Home Lovers!'

Georgia let go of the trolley and rushed over to her, nearly pushing Arabella over in the process. Kian got to them and laughed, "come on you two, you will cause a scene."

Arabella took Georgia's hand and the sign in the other and walked out talking non-stop about their holiday.

Outside, Arabella helped Kian with the bags before getting in the driving seat to go home. The car was quiet and after ten minutes of radio silence Arabella looked in the rear-view mirror at Georgia in the back asleep and then glanced over at Kian, who was staring into the distance. "So how was it? I see Georgia has mum's ring back. That's a good sign."

Kian looked round to her and Arabella couldn't help but think how awful he looked. "What's wrong Kian? Georgia couldn't stop talking about your amazing trip!"

Kian looked down at his hands, "I have decided to let her go while she is at University. Arabella, she was in so much danger throughout our time away. I can't keep doing it to her. I want her to be happy and live a normal human life. I can't expect her to stay with me. I don't want this for her."

Arabella tightened her grip on the steering wheel, stunned, not knowing what to say.

Kian looked over at her, noticing she hadn't said a word. "You know you agree with what I'm saying."

Arabella nodded. "She won't let you go Kian...", she glanced back at Georgia who was still sound asleep, "I can feel how much she loves you. But I know what you mean. I am not getting involved", she put her hand on Kian's knee, "what about the note from the Peterson's?"

Kian sighed, "I am going to find them and keep them away from her. I can do that much better if she is away somewhere else!"

Arabella bit her lip feeling worried about what was to come, "well, I am here for you Kian. Just tell me what you want me to do."

Kian nodded, not knowing what he was going to do; all he knew was that he had to keep them well away from Georgia, and the only way to do that was to stay away from her. He brought danger straight to her and he knew he couldn't do it anymore.

*

Later on that evening Georgia woke up at home. Teresa walked over to her with a cup of tea. "Good evening darling, are you hungry? You have had a long day."

Georgia sat up and felt her head burning. She felt confused and out of it. "What happened? How did I get here?"

Teresa looked at her daughter, feeling sad that she couldn't tell her the truth. "Arabella dropped you off. You and Kian had a fight and he left town to sort out some business – Arabella said a job had come up..." she watched Georgia's face fall, "but you know we have got lots of packing to do tomorrow before I drive you to Winchester on Sunday. You must be excited?"

Georgia stared at her mum and caught sight of the beautiful ring on her finger, remembering Kian's words to her when he gave it to her. She felt her heart slow and agonising pain ripped through her body. "Right yes mum of course. I am excited for a new start and all that." She hugged her mum tight and felt her body tense. "Mum, are you sure you are feeling okay? You didn't speak to me much whilst I was away."

Teresa took Georgia's hand in hers, "honestly Georgia, there is nothing to worry about."

Georgia looked inquisitively at her but decided to trust her and walked upstairs to her bedroom, walking straight over to her bed. She flopped onto it and stared at the ceiling; she couldn't believe Kian would just leave her and felt abandoned. Her soul felt like it had been ripped out of her body and her heart ripped in two.