Chapter Sixteen

Harley took a deep breath in unsure on what to say. Liv frowned staring into her eyes wondering why she was just standing there. "What?" Liv questioned as Harley let out a sigh. "I don't know how to talk to you anymore. Not alone."

Liv nodded letting out a sigh as well. "Like you did before, nothing's changed Harls... only my job."

Harley let out a loud chuckle shaking her head at her. "Are you serious? Everything has changed! My friends are all criminals, my job was only given to me so you could get closer to my father, you only took an interest in me so you could use me! Nothing is the same anymore Liv!" She screamed as tears began to form in her eyes. "Especially not you. You are a completely different person to me now."

Liv stayed silent for a few seconds before speaking up, Harley found it hard to read this Liv, the one that everyone saw as boss, she was impossible to read, to even have a hint of what she was thinking. She couldn't understand how she could be two completely different people. "What do you want me to do Harley... I can't rewind time to when you didn't know who I was."

"Even back then I didn't know who you were! You never told me anything about you... now I know why." Liv let out a sigh nodding. "Yeah, I didn't want you knowing anything about me, not when..."

"When you were planning on killing me?" She questioned with a hard tone as Liv licked her lips. "That was only going to happen if you father didn't do as I asked!" She screamed with annoyance.

"I don't believe a word that comes out of your mouth now, I don't know you... if I don't know you Liv then how can I trust you?" She questioned as Liv swallowed looking down at the kitchen island letting out a tiring sigh.

She thought about what Harley was asking her to do and for normal people, with normal jobs, normal families it wasn't a big deal. Allowing someone to get to know you a little, but for her a crime boss it was dangerous. If she knew her, she could take her down something Liv thought Harley was waiting to do, trying to find a way to get back at her, she wasn't stupid. She knew Harley wouldn't forgive her.

"Harls... I want to..." She paused as she looked up, locking eyes with her sad browns. "I want to be able to tell you about me, but I know you don't forgive me and I know you aren't going to so I can't have you knowing things about me that could destroy everything I've built. I just can't." Harley sniffed back her tears nodding.

"I wish you never came into my life that night."

"Then you wouldn't be here." Harley nodded. "Yeah well it would be better than feeling like this. This is worse!" She said with pain etched in her voice causing Liv to walk round the kitchen island closer to Harley who put her hand out shaking her head. "No! You don't get to say the things you just said to me and then try and comfort me. You don't trust me and I don't trust you so where the hell does that leave us?"

"I don't know." Harley nodded wiping her tears as Myla walked into the kitchen looking to Liv. "Boss, can we talk?" Liv nodded clearing her throat walking by Harley following Myla out of the kitchen leaving her to cry quietly to herself.

~

Days later Liv had arranged for Seth to leave New York joining his family in London with a new job waiting for him. She warned him if he spoke of his time in her home or of what had happened the past few days she would be paying him a visit and it wouldn't be a pleasant one. As one problem left another surfaced. There was talks of Christian going after her drug shipments, waiting until the time was right to get his hands on the cocaine she sells.

"He's had guys stationed at the docks for days now." Rea explained showing Liv a photo on an iPad causing her to let out a sigh shaking her head. "Oh... I swear to god if he think's he's taking my shipment's without a fight he's got another thing coming. Place men at the shipment tell them to keep an eye out for Christian's guys, if they see them... put a bullet in them." She said that last part as Harley walked out into the back garden looking exhausted.