Michael Jackson Imagines

By musingmeaninglessly

"To give someone a piece of your heart is worth more than all the wealth in the world." Escape from reality w... More

• Fanfiction Loving •
• 'My Boyfriend Does My Makeup' •
• Birthday On Tour (Part 1) •
• Birthday On Tour (Part 2) •
• Not Like Them •
• Nature •
• Accidental Encounter •
• Special •
• Understanding (Request) •
• Cooking Lesson •
• A New Life •
• Guilty (Request) •
• Love Me and Don't Look Back (Any Era) •
• Miracle (Request) •
• Hushabye Mountain (Any Era) •
• Guilty (Part 2) (Request) •
• The Maestro (HIStory Era) •
• Adulthood Stress (Off The Wall Era) •
• Loved (Bad Era) •
• Magic (Any Era) •
• You Are My Band Aid •
• Fertility (Part 1) •
• Fertility (Part 2) •
• I'm Here (Thriller Era) •
• Driving Shenanigans (Off The Wall Era) •
• Food Fights and Future Plans (Thrad Era) •
• Lost In Time; Pt. 1 (Thriller Era) •
• Lost In Time; Pt. 2 (Thriller Era) •
• A Moment Alone (Early Thriller Era) •
• Wouldn't It Be Nice (The Jacksons/Bad Era) •
• Overprotective (Thriller Era) •
• Muse (Early Thriller Era) •
• Listen (Jackson 5/Triumph Era); Pt.1 •
• The Arrangement (Bad Era); Pt. 1 •

• The Perfect Gift (Destiny Era) •

1.9K 35 34
By musingmeaninglessly

A/N: This is just a short note to clear a couple of things up, as this is a holiday themed imagine. I've always been wary about writing any imagines specifically about this time of year, largely out of respect for Michael and his faith. However, this year I think everyone needs cheering up, and I set about writing this with minimal reference to Christmas and the usual festivities of such. I think I've done a good job at keeping the storyline respectful in this way, and hope you do too.

I hope you enjoy the plethora of '70s fluff to come in this imagine- here's The Perfect Gift!

1979

A cool, crisp waft of December air welcomes you out into the frosty, yet perfectly pleasant, winter atmosphere. You allow your eyelids to relax and close for a second, partly to shield your sensitive eyes from the blinding sunlight that reflects off the silvery snow. Mostly, though, it is an opportunity to pause, reflect and give thanks for the heaven of the present moment.

As you reinstate your sense of sight, you witness several figures rambunctiously running ahead of you from behind where you stand, two of them colliding and ending up in a snowy heap, mild exclamations of annoyance and profanity filling the air immediately after.

You can't help giggling at the scene, sparkling clouds of cool air flowing from your lips, disappearing almost as soon as they appear. You make a conscious effort to halt your laughter for the moment, as every puff of freezing cold air disturbs your view of the lush nature before you, touched by nothing but the plush blanket of snow gently resting on the grass, fur tree branches and rolling mountains off in the far distance.

"It's beautiful, huh?" a soft voice chuckles from beside you, another puff of winter air appearing in your line of vision, "except for those boneheads, over there."

You need not guess to whom the voice belonged, but turn your face up towards its source anyway; once you do, the sight you're met with is even more spectacular than the snowy landscape you have just been admiring.

You're met by the gleaming smile of your best friend, Michael, and it's just the sort of smile that you can't help but mirror. While you laugh along with him at the idiocy of his brother's antics, you feel yourself getting lost in his sparkling cocoa orbs that perfectly provide a warm contrast to your winter surroundings.

Despite your best efforts, you had never been able to brush away the enamoured feelings you had for Michael, who had been by your side for exactly half your life now. Childhood affection had slowly but surely blossomed into a more mature infatuation, one from which there was no turning back or recovering.

Your family had been friends with the Jacksons ever since they moved to Encino some years ago now. Currently, both your families were taking your annual vacation to the Canadian Rockies. You yourself hadn't been blessed with a group of siblings to call your own, or a confident disposition for that matter, and so the novelty of having nine potential friends appear across the street on one fateful winter day all those years ago was surely a thrill.

You and Michael had hit it off from the very first moment you met on his front lawn. He had immediately invited you to play hide-and-seek with him and his youngest sister, Janet. Since those shared moments of childhood bliss, you couldn't remember a time without Michael, nor he without you.

It was for that very reason that you refused to openly admit your feelings towards your best friend. The bond that you both shared proved inimitable and, while you wished it could blossom into something more, you weren't willing to gamble something so undeniably precious on mere possibility.

What's more, you were utterly convinced that he had feelings for another, in fact, none other than Diana Ross. Talented, glamorous and beautiful, what man in their right mind wouldn't take her over plain, mediocre ol' you? You'd noticed Michael talking animatedly about her more and more recently, following their work together on 'The Wiz'- you could practically see the love in his eyes when he spoke about her. The pair had been close since before you had known him; surely their special friendship was worth more to Michael than your shared bond, no matter how priceless it was to you.

With that, you had locked your feelings deep down inside yourself; if only, for your own sanity and happiness, you could find the courage to throw away the key.

"Yoo-hoo! You're doin' it again" the merry lilt of Michael's voice jolts you right back to reality.

You blink profusely before tilting your head to the side a fraction, and softly enquire, "Doing what?"

"Daydreaming, but it's okay, I do it too sometime" Michael grins cheekily, tapping you affectionately on the nose which sends a shivering sensation through your skin for which the snow wasn't responsible.

"Please, you daydream more than I do!" you retort playfully, resting your gloved hands upon your hips- or more like the plush layers of padding in your new winter coat- but soften both your facial expression and tone of voice a little, "I'm sorry, though"

"It's okay, I don't mind" Michael chuckles, his grin widening more and more with each fleeting moment spent looking at you. He pokes your shoulder softly, chewing his lip a little mischievously before spontaneously declaring, "Race you to the ice rink!"

With that, the atmosphere of calm serenity whirls into a flurry of playfulness. Michael's infectious laugh delightfully rings through the cool winter air as he spins on his heel and begins the lengthy race to the frozen pond of water a short ways off. Snow sprays behind him as his feet kick up into a steady sprint, the particles of cool powder blurring your vision so much that you shield your face to avoid turning into a snowman yourself.

Oh what you would have given to stay there for an eternity, admiring the cheeky smile Michael throws over his shoulder at you as he spiritedly runs ahead. His confident strides, lucious bouncing afro and joyful laughter were all enough to make you melt away from the bliss his presence brought you. But you knew that this was dangerous territory for you, as one tiny lapse might cause you to surrender to your pent-up feelings once and for all.

With a shake of your head, you disregard your love-struck sentimentality -as well as some of the snowflakes that stubbornly cling to your locks- and set about catching everybody up.

You might be a girl in love, but you're also a child at heart with no intention of missing out on the winter fun.

---

"I can't believe you guys grew up in Indiana and can't skate" you guffaw, watching Marlon and Randy, who were already on the ice, slip and slide all over the place.

Michael joyfully cackles at your savage words, nudging your elbow in comradery as you both witness his brothers struggle like Bambi to get back on their feet, "C'mon Y/N, let's find another rink- these clowns will bust the ice if they fall much more"

"Dumbass, you can't skate either!" Marlon spits irritatedly through gritted teeth, his legs wobbling like jelly as he just about gets back on his feet.

"Well at least I'm not a health and safety risk to other skaters!" Michael hollers right back, sticking his tongue out. The both of you howl with laughter at Marlon's grumbling just as Randy topples over again, only proving Michael's point.

Shaking your head in amusement, you perch yourself right on the small wooden bench by the edge of the large pond, right by La Toya, who was refusing to skate and fixing her hair instead.

You haul the heavy ice skates onto your freezing cold feet, ready to grapple with the pesky laces. Before you get so much of a chance to try, Michael kneels down in front of you with a grin, grabbing the, from your fingers. You smile, allowing him to help you with a small sigh, "I've never been good with tying laces"

"I'd noticed" Michael chuckles, tilting his head up to grin at you, the corners of his eyes crinkling adorably, "but that's what you got me for!"

"Thank you" you bashfully smile, despite the fact that he had helped you a thousand times before.

He finished up securing your skates in place before bowing overdramatically in subservience and proclaims in a delightfully terrible English accent, "M'lady"

You giggle girlishly and when he turns his face up to beam at you once more, you could have kissed his luscious lips over and over for eternity, finally knowing how it would feel to have them pressed up against your own.

Nope, no, cut it out, Y/N

Michael's offering of his hand to you breaks you out of your lovesick thoughts that threaten to unfurl into a familiar fantasy. Grateful for the distraction and his cordiality, you place your hand in his palm and allow him to pull you upright, escorting you over to the rink.

"You can skate a little, right? Because I am nowhere near good enough to guide you myself" you clarify, pressing a hand against Michael's chest before he steps out onto the ice. It was the first time your families had vacationed to this particular resort and you were fast learning, for the first time, that the Jacksons weren't exactly accomplished in winter sports.

He chuckles at you, eyes twinkling as he shakes his head, "Thankfully, when my brothers were off playing basketball, I would go skating with Janet. It was our special thing to do together"

You can't help letting out a sentimental aww at the picture Michael painted in your mind. You could well imagine the fun the siblings would have had on the ice and Michael's brotherly care protecting his sister devotedly; the same caring instinct you now see in his eyes as he steps onto the ice, offering his hand out for you to join him.

Stepping onto the slippery surface for the first time in years, you allow the instinctual balance to slowly kick in as you and Michael take your first few strides on the ice. He keeps a hold of your hand, for mutual support, as you glide onwards in perfect unison. To any onlookers, the pair of you could be mistaken for a happy couple participating in a quintessential holiday passtime, fingers locked together with merry laughter pouring from your lips.

How you wish it could be true.

You get so swept up in the idea, you barely hear Randy's triumphant hollers, signalling the fact that he'd managed to remain upright for a whole entire minute. Lost in his own excitement, he doesn't see you up ahead and very nearly crashes right into your side. He would have, if it weren't for a pair of large, caring hands grabbing your waist and pulling you away to safety.

You squeal in astonishment as your body is bundled against Michael's winter jackets, his arms securely curling around your body just as Randy clumsily sails by.

"Whoa! Sorry, girl!"

Chuckling a little uneasily, you give Randy a forgiving nod of the head right before he falls flat on his butt once more. Your tight grip on the material of Michael's coat loosens up significantly as you both begin to laugh at the whole situation. Still, your best friend calls out in mocked annoyance at his thick-headed brother, "What a schmuck!"

"C'mon, let's help him up" you giggle, confidently skating over to Randy before you and Michael haul him back up to his feet.

You take a few moments to let the minor shock of it all sink in, even though the situation itself wasn't all that outrageous at all. It was the feeling of Michael's hands upon you, basking you in a whirlwind of love and protection that felt as though it was yours, and yours only. You savour the feeling of where his fingertips were and the warmth of his body, imprinting an even deeper mark of love on your yearning heart.

But it only takes a split second for you to remember that his touch was merely platonic, sure that the romantic motive you hoped for was certainly destined to bless specifically someone else.

"You okay there, daydreamer?" Michael teases, his voice laced with genuine concern for you, causing a coy smile to spread across your lips while you press one of your gloved hands against your forehead.

"Sorry... I zoned out again, didn't I?"

Michael eyes you with such a soulful glint in his meaningful gaze, looking at you in a way you'd never noticed fully before, "Yes, but it's one of my favourite things about you"

His words are warm and sweet, but all too soon they evaporate into the cool winter air, leaving you wondering if he'd really said them at all. Your cheeks flush noticeably, to your embarrassment, but it only makes Michael crack a smile.

Looking at you thoughtfully for a moment, he suddenly offers you an idea. "Wait here for me, okay? I need to go grab something" he requests, jutting his gloved thumb back towards the chalet in the near distance,

"I won't be long"

---

"Where are we going?" you wonder with uncertainty, stumbling through the heavy snow, completely disorientated. Michael's large palms are pressed against your eyes, steadily guiding you to his appealed destination.

"We're almost there, I promise" Michael chuckles, easing your anxieties a little. After a few more tentative paces forward, he comes to a halt and you in turn stop also, "Alright, open your eyes!"

Upon his command, your eyelids relax and allow the most blinding golden light to overwhelm your irises. Blinking and screwing your eyes up a bit, it takes you a few seconds to adjust to the sudden contrast. But once you do, the sight before you is nothing short of heavenly.

If you'd thought that the view earlier was perfect, this exclusive spot well and truly trumped it. There's a perfect intimacy in the air and surroundings that surprised you; in truth, you had expected Michael's mischievous self to bring you to some sort of death slide to toboggan down.

But he hasn't. He's brought you here.

"It's so beautiful" you gasp, at a total loss for words as you admire the setting sun, emitting hues of orange and pink, as well as the perfectly untouched snow that sparkled in the light. "How did you find this place?"

"I went for a stroll the other day, to get away from the chaos," Michael chuckles, moving to stand by your side, "and this place was here waiting for me"

"Kinda like serendipity" you muse, unable to tear your eyes away from the beautiful sight before you. If you had, however, you would've seen the love shining in Michael's eyes as he watched you, and known that the next few moments would change you forever.

"Exactly" Michael murmurs, bringing his gaze down as he reaches for your hand and gives it a gentle squeeze.

The action surprises you, sending familiar shockwaves and tingles of dormant desire to ripple through you. But this time, when you look to your best friend, you're not met with the usual friendly smile that makes your heart sink just a little.

No; this time, you're met with an expression of vulnerability that perfectly mirrors the emotions you feel too often yourself. Michael licks his lips, his eyes glinting mysteriously as they are locked upon yours in an intense, soul-binding gaze.

"I have something for you" Michael breathes, reaching deep into his pocket for the undisclosed item in question.

"Michael, you didn't have to. We never usually exchange gifts!" you lightly protest, referring to his family's religious beliefs.

It had been somewhat of a running joke between you ever since you had been the best of friends, all in good taste of course. Out of the expansive array of people Michael had encountered in life, he had never known anyone who loved Christmas in quite the same way, or as much, as you do.

You had always adored the sentimental traditions, divine food and precious family time. But most of all, you loved giving people gifts. Being the shy individual you were, you often struggled to verbally communicate all of the love and appreciation you felt for your nearest and dearest. When you handed them a touching and thoughtful gift, however, you could see in their eyes that they understood every morsel of love you felt for them.

Michael often gushed about how much he admired your giving spirit and kindness, but you always felt a twinge of sadness at not being able to participate in the holiday tradition with your bestest friend. He meant the world to you and more, but you couldn't imagine ever disrespecting Michael's faith that way, and so the pair of you would often instead laugh at the irony of it all.

Yet here he was, handing you a pristine velvet navy blue box.

"I know we don't, but you love Christmas," Michael agrees, allowing you to receive the article with trembling fingers, to match the increasing pulsations of anticipation you experience in your heart.

You carefully open the box, your entire expression- no, soul- lighting up as you behold the contents of the box.

Inside sits the most precious silver chain, with a solid silver pendant gracefully hanging off of it to match. Upon the metal, there is an engraving of the finest, most delicate artistry, depicting both yours and Michael's initials entwined in cursive script. Accenting the letters are two tiny diamonds, that twinkle and shine in a way that reminds you of Michael's own sparkling brown eyes.

They're there gazing upon you as you look up at your best friend, your eyes wide and mouth agape. Normally he might laugh at your expression, but this time instead, the most delightful, life-changing words fall from his lips, like the snowflakes beginning to descend from the clouds above,

"And I love you"

"I-I, I love you too Mi-"

"-And not just as a friend, Y/N" Michael interrupts you slightly, his voice as soft and warm as ever.

At that, you very nearly drop the precious gift in your clasp, tempted to pinch yourself to make sure you heard him correctly.

Michael notices your unease and shock at his own revelation and carefully grabs the box from you before it can fall. His adoring, caring gaze never leaves you as he allows you some time to make sense of his words. In the meantime, he gently suggests, "Here, I'll help you put it on"

With that, he takes a few paces behind you so that he can secure the precious gift around your neck with the utmost care. He moves some strands of your hair away from the base of your neck, his loving touch being enough alone to assure you that his words meant all that you dreamed they did.

"There," Michael breathes, placing his large hands on your shoulders so that he could gently turn you around to face him, "it looks beautiful on you- you look beautiful"

Your heart hammers profusely in your chest, the situation moving faster than you could quite comprehend. It's all unbelievably wonderful, if that word could even begin to describe the wondrous euphoria and blissful dreaminess that spreads through your heart. It was almost too good to be true, in utter truthfulness.

And yet, there's something holding you back from accepting and savouring Michael's confession in its entirety, and he surely notices the dazed look in your eyes as he brushes some hair away from your face, sensitively enquiring in a velvety tone, "Is something wrong? Oh boy, you don't like the gift, do you?"

"No! Of course I do, Michael- in fact I love it, with my whole heart! But..." you trail off, trying to form your nagging thoughts into words that might hopefully make some sort of sense, "...I suppose I just... I thought you loved someone else, that's all"

"Who, my darling?"

"Diana"

Michael can't help himself from stifling a chuckle, your own confession playing out in his mind. The idea is somewhat bizarre to him, to say the least, but he can understand some of your confusion, "Well, I love a lot of people in different ways. You know how important love is to me, Y/N. But the love I have for her is purely platonic"

"But, the way you light up when you talk about her, the bond you share, I was so sure it was her..." you muse, perhaps more to yourself than to Michael, who simply grins.

"Did you ever think that was because I was talking to you?"

There's a short pause as Michael's proposition echoes in your ears, his sweet words soothing your conflicted conscience and melting your worries away. It was as though you had been handed a precious key to a door you'd been longing to open up, and now finally could do so.

"I suppose I never thought about that..." you truthfully testify, only now considering the very possibility.

Michael smiles softly, feeling your whole body relax and rid itself of tension and inhibition. His arms rub yours soothingly before he encircles your form within his adoring hold.

"My brothers have teased me relentlessly since I was 13 about my crush on you. I think they knew about it before I did myself" he giggles, tucking a lock of your hair behind your ear before resting his palm against your cheek, flush from the cold.

You raise your own hand up, placing it over Michael's, finally gaining some form of confidence back. Every second that passed, your doubts and insecurities evaporated into the winter air, and without them you were free to express exactly how you felt about Michael.

"I had no idea, I'm sorry for doubting you" you murmur wholeheartedly, worried that you might have offended him in some way and, in all honestly, you feel a bit embarrassed, "and I'm sorry I don't have a gift for you"

Michael gazes down at you, his thumb tenderly grazing the soft skin of your cheek while his lips spread into a soft, dreamy smile, before meaningfully murmuring,

"Oh Y/N, you're my gift, it's always been you"

"And you're mine, Michael" you smile, tears upwelling in your eyes, sparkling with joy. You only wish you had told Michael sooner, and believed that he could love you as you loved him. But you believe it now, and that's what truly counts.

Michael gazes down at you, mesmerised by your words that are pure music to his ears. If only you had known that he shared the exact same doubts, inhibitions and insecurities that you had yourself.

"I'm so in love with you, darling Y/N. Always have been, always will be" Michael sweetly whispers, lifting one of his lengthy fingers to delicately tilt your chin upwards a fraction. Within the undisturbed tranquility of your picturesque surroundings, his voice is the only sound to bless your ears. It's a perfect miracle that you know will never leave your heart.

"I love you more"

As though they were gliding on ice, the words flow from your lips in an ardent whisper. Before you know it, the sensation of Michael's warm breath upon your lips increases, until the soft skin upon them is met with Michael's own in a lovestruck lip lock, sending you into a perfectly magical whirlwind of love that could only be shared between the two of you.

How long you stayed there in your soul-binding embrace, neither one of you could quite say. What you did know, though, was that once your swollen lips finally detached from Michael's, the loving twinkle in his eyes shone brighter than the stars beginning to glow above your heads.

And you alone were responsible for that precious twinkle, and would be for always.

"I love you so much, my Y/N"

"And I love you most, Michael. You're the most precious gift I'll ever have"

A/N: I hope you all enjoyed this imagine! I am about to start another, completely different and new concept as soon as possible. It'll be a bit different to anything I've ever written, but I'm excited for the challenge and hope you're all looking forward to reading it in January. As always, thank you endlessly for reading and please let me know what you think in the comments! Much love

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

49.2K 1.1K 50
Too many to choose from, either naughty or nice. Michael Jackson can be anything your hearts desire. ❤ Ranks #1: MichaelJacksonfanfiction #4 - - - - ...
2.1K 66 28
Everyone knew not to mess with the past, but what if we could have another shot at life? To make the choices we weren't able to in our first? ~ Micha...
2.3K 67 11
𝐏𝐔𝐁𝐋𝐈𝐒𝐇𝐄𝐃 𝐎𝐍: ⊰•❥ 𝟔𝐓𝐇 𝐒𝐄𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐌𝐁𝐄𝐑 𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟏 "𝒀𝒐𝒖 𝒌𝒏𝒐𝒘...𝒊𝒕 𝒊𝒔 𝒔𝒂𝒊𝒅 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒓𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕𝒇𝒖𝒍𝒍𝒚 𝒃𝒆𝒍𝒐𝒏...
47.6K 1.2K 35
This is a story of imagines either based on songs, tv shows, or movies where there two main characters will always be the Residential Daddy of all Se...