Fate Series: Mordred Oneshots

By WinterWolf1377

For all of you Mordred fans out there, here's a book of oneshots for one of Apocrypha's best girls. Unfortuna... More

Before You Read
Friday Knights
A Master's Will
Knights of the Square Table
Recollection
Alternate Hope
Good of the Grail Pt.1
Good of the Grail Pt.2
Residential Crisis
Salvation
Time Equivalent Pt. 2
Master of Tokugawa
Shoot and Tie
To Be King
Strike Three
As It Seems
Lingering Pt.1
Lingering Pt.2
Sunrise is Always Red
Dreary Days
What Matters
Beats Per Minute
Significant
After You Read

Time Equivalent Pt.1

890 20 0
By WinterWolf1377

Shouldn't be any spoilers. I just thought it would be cool is all...
______________________________________

        Everyone has them, yes of course. Those thoughts of pure fantasy that show them the life they wish they could have. The daydreamers that dream of a life of riches or the office worker that hopes for a better job. The gamer who only wants to be the very best that no one ever was or the commoner who just wants a talent to call their own. Yes, everyone of these people have their thoughts of better lives. And then there is (y/n).

        Being one who had never really cared much for the world he lived in, he simply wanted to live his life as it was. Should he be given riches, so be it. Should he be given a job, then let him have it. It was all the same to him. He'd watch everyone struggle through life wondering why they cared so much when there was really nothing more to living than just to live. Not that dying was any better,, but living still held its dullness. Always wearing that same blank stare, he'd live his days as normally as his life allowed.

        "How come you don't ever want anything, (y/n)," his false friends would ask. They were only ever using him of course, but every now and then they would seem genuinely concerned about him.

        "Why should I care?" It was always his answer and it was always his thought. With that same blank stare, he had watched countless bullies harm innocents, himself included. With that same blank stare, he had seen many children lose their toy while passing through the busy streets with a parent. With that same blank stare he had been cornered by thugs who had no good intention of the sort. And even now when he entered a convenient store happening to walk in on a robbery, he held that same blank stare.

        He had never been in a hostage situation before. The thief hadn't hesitated to point his weapon at (y/n)'s face, using this opportunity to approach him and trap him in an uncomfortable headlock. The weapon, of course, was still being used to "keep (y/n) in check" while the thief waited for the cashier to finish filling a grocery bag with money. Then he saw her, crouching in the back corner of the store. She caught his interest only because she didn't seem normal. Something about that blonde girl seemed to tell him that she was not human. And so for once, he cared enough to do something about his situation.

        Just as the terrified cashier handed over the bag of cash, (y/n) snapped his fingers, activating his ability. Ah yes, that's right, he was not human at all. Nothing more than a sentient being that woke up from a particularly long nap. Stopping time was his specialty and really his only skill, and so he did just that.

        "A little rude, but I'll forgive these actions just this once," he mumbled as he pulled out of the robbers grasp. "Is this your first time witnessing a robbery?" he asked the blonde girl. He had excluded her from his time freeze since she had gained his interest.

        Blinking in surprise, she rose from her spot on the ground and stared at him. "What the hell are you?" she asked. (Y/n) tilted his head a bit giving a small smile.

        "Let me handle this first." (Y/n) took the thief's handgun and aimed at his kneecap. "Oh...I missed," (y/n) muttered with a frown having ended up shooting the man's foot instead. "I really suck at everything else..."

        "You stopped time. Are you a servant too? What do you want with me? The war has long since passed," the girl growled. She seemed on edge and a sword was now in her hand as she glared at him.

        "Hm? War? What war? I'm just your...uh, friendly neighborhood diety? I don't really know to be honest. I don't have much power, and I'm no one's servant. No one would want me as a servant anyway. There wouldn't be much I could do for them," (y/n) ranted as he unloaded the gun and put it back into the robber's hand. "Stopping time is about the only thing I can do. If I have other abilities, I've forgotten how to use them."

        "You're not a mage then. And you aren't a servant either..." the girl muttered. The sword that had been in her hand vanished. "Why'd you stop time now? You could have done it way before this situation got this far.."

        "Oh that's easy. I didn't feel like it until I noticed you over there. Everyone and everything is boring, but for some reason, you don't seem boring at all. Well, I meant to say you don't seem entirely human. You look like one, but something tells me that you aren't," (y/n) explained as he took the bag from the cashier's outstretched hand. He walked around to the register and began to sort the bills back into the correct places.

        "That doesn't make any sense..." the girl mumbled as she watched him. It seemed like she was trying to contemplate whether or not she had simply lost her mind. (Y/n) took this time to return to where the thief was frozen in time, waiting for the money he wouldn't be receiving.

        "If you're not busy, I want to know more about that war you spoke of. It'sprobably worth the time to learn about," (y/n) said. He found the robber's arm and put himself back into a headlock. "Oh right, I almost forgot. Could you go back to your corner over there. Can't give myself away, so it needs to look like I didn't do anything," he half heartedly requested. "I'm not exactly great with handling the authorities and freezing time only works to an extent..."

        "You're crazy," the girl stated. (Y/n) caught a glimpse of a smile forming on her face before she turned away from him and did as he asked.

        "Alright, and time starts back...now." The moment he decided it, the actions he had put into place during the time freeze played out almost exactly how he planned it. A very confused thief cried out in pain from the sudden gunshot wound to his foot. Realizing he no longer had a weapon, he panicked and threw (y/n) aside. The poor cashier screamed in fear, which made no sense to (y/n) who calmly stood there and watched the thief leave.

        "Oh...I forgot the mask," he mumbled. "I always forget something important." Sure enough, the thief escaped without his identity being revealed for the cameras to see. The girl he had taken interest in stood up from her spot in the corner of the store, immediately catching his attention.

        "Hey! Move!" she called in alarm. (Y/n) didn't realize why she had said such until he looked back towards the door where the initial thief had been waiting. Time froze without him having to consciously stop it himself.

        "Man, I hate modern day weapons. Why couldn't people have just stuck to the plain old bow and arrow?" he complained as he pushed the bullet aside. It was only centimeters away from hitting him dead center in the face. "And that guy cheated. He had backup the whole time. Who robs a store with backup waiting with them? This right here...this is why humans are so boring." But then he noticed the red dots that were on his clothing. This was not merely a robbery.

        There were very few times when he felt fear, but this was one of them. Someone wanted him dead and someone knew that he was not normal. Snapping his fingers, he unfroze the girl that had warned him. She stumbled a bit before catching her balance for she had attempted to reach him before the bullet did. "Right, you can stop time. I'm not going to get used to that," she said.

        "You didn't happen to anger any major governments or secret organizations did you?" he asked just to be sure.

        "No, why? You think I'm a criminal or something?" She seemed a bit offended by the question.

        "No, not at all. I just happen to notice that I'm suddenly the main target of someone's military training. I really hate modern society..." he explained with a couple gestures to the red dots that were aimed at his vitals. "I don't want to leave you behind and I'm not sure if the woman behind the counter is in on this setup or not. It's your choice. Since you seem more human than me, I thought you'd want the option." True be told, he had actually never been caught in a situation like this. Up until now, he had been living a normal life aside from whenever he stopped time to get out of an annoying situation. His life had never actually been threatened up until this point.

        "Well I don't want them to shoot me! Of course I'm going with you," the girl said. She approached him, but he held a hand out indicating for her to stop.

        "Give me a minute. I'm not taking this very well..." he admitted. "Who wants me dead? I get that modern governments are afraid of stuff they don't understand, but this is..."

       "Hey, time freeze kid. I get that you need a moment, but I think there are people walking around out there. Your time freeze didn't work on them apparently. We'd better go before they spot us." Before (y/n) had the chance to say anything. She had grabbed his arm and began pulling him towards the back of the store.

        "I'm not a kid. I'm older than that..." (y/n) mumbled in response to...wait, what was her name? Now wasn't exactly the time to ask, but he was certainly curious. She took them out the store's back exit somehow already knowing it was unlocked. Or perhaps that was a gamble on her part.

        They froze when they were met with a group of guns aimed at them. The individuals holding them were all frozen, but the scene still gave the two of them a temporary scare. "I don't understand. I was in there for at most five minutes before all of this happened. There's no way this could have been set up so well like this," (y/n) muttered to himself as the girl dragged him by the arm.

        "Hey, time freeze guy, where do you plan on going? Doesn't look like you can defend yourself," the girl said as she pulled him along. She wasn't wrong but she wasn't right either.

        "My name is (y/n), and I have no idea where I'm going. I usually just go wherever I'm led to go. Cities are far more complex than what they used to be. I get lost a lot and end up skipping school by accident. I don't need school. I just think it's better than being followed by police when I don't go." The girl laughed at him a bit.

        "You're pretty scatter brained for someone with the ability to freeze time. I don't have a problem with it, but my master might. The guy can't stand that type of stuff. Maybe I should take you somewhere else then..." the girl suddenly stopped. Without warning, (y/n) was yanked into the street that they were closest too. "Run," she ordered. For some reason, (y/n) felt like it was strange for her to be giving orders, but he listened regardless.

        "I didn't catch your name," he said as he ran while she continued to pull him along. Just in case he died, he wanted to at least know her name.

        "I didn't throw it," she spoke as she pulled him through the frozen people on the streets. Ah yes, things like this were the reason he had no faith left in humanity. "Call me Mordred until I tell you otherwise," she added. As they kept running, (y/n) took a quick glance behind him and caught sight of blurring figures moving quickly toward them. They must have been the people Mordred had referred to earlier, but there was no way the could be human and move at such speeds not to mention their unnatural immunity to (y/n)'s time power.

        "Why is this happening?" (y/n) complained.

        "They can hear us, shut up," Mordred snapped. She was a bit harsh, but she was right. With everything else being frozen, they were the only things in the area making any sort of sound aside from their pursuers. They veered into the road and crossed the street, still failing to shake the pursuit. "This is so annoying!" Mordred snapped. (Y/n) narrowed his eyes at her blatant hypocrisy. "Right here, we're going to end this," she growled as they arrived at a four way traffic light zone. The vehicles in the area were being held by a red light. The other way was clear for the cars had just gone past, and it was in that small clearing that they waited.

        It didn't take long for their enemies to catch up. All five of them paused with guns drawn. The first thing (y/n) noticed was that they seemed to all be wearing necklaces of some sort that looked like crystal clocks. They drew his attention, no his very existence was drawn to these necklaces as if they were a part of him. They felt more familiar to him than breathing.

        "We know you don't know who this man is. We've been keeping track of him for the past three weeks waiting for this opportunity, so if you don't want to be dragged into this, I suggest you step aside. We'll take you to safety and go from there," the woman who seemed to be leading them spoke directly to Mordred.

        "Keeping track...three weeks...what's wrong with these people and why do those pendants seem so familiar." (Y/n) wanted to question them, but he didn't think it would end well considering they already meant to kill him.

        "Oh him? Yeah, I just met him, but he's under my protection now. You mages are going to have to find some other deity to oppress," Mordred said as she slightly lifted (y/n)'s arm. He had forgotten that she was still holding on to him. "This one's my problem now."

        "This one has a name. I'm not some sort of property you know," (y/n) mumbled. His usual bored expression had yet to disappear despite the increasing fear in his heart. Something about those necklaces that these people wore was sinister. "And you guys are mages? I thought mages went extinct or something. I haven't seen one in ages...but it's not like I was awake the whole time."

        "There you go rambling again," Mordred pointed out with a sigh.

        "Yes, we are mages. You may not think you are property, but for hundreds of years, you were asleep in a hidden shrine in Kyoto. You seem to remember your status as a deity, but just as the story says, you've lost most of the rest of the information you once held. It's unfortunate that it must be this way, but we're here to kill you. If you fall into the wrong hands, the world may end. If you find the clues to your past, you yourself might end the world. Killing you is merely a compromise to ensure that the world has one less threat," the woman explained.

        "Why are you telling me this now before you want me killed?! We could have talked this out in better conditions! I swear....humans these days..." (y/n) said.

        "Trust me, I don't want to do this. You're a good kid, nothing like your past self. I'd save you if it were an option but right now, you have to die. So, I'm sorry," the woman said. She gave a hand gesture to her four followers and bullets flew through the air.

        "Wait!" (y/n) called out, but his call was too late, and Mordred had pulled him aside to avoid the bullets. Even so, time began to slow down despite already being stopped. It was of his doing, but he was not aware of such since his thoughts had overwhelmed his judgement.

        "It's not their right to say whether or not I get to live. Why do they care? I'm not bothering anyone. I'm not doing anything wrong. I've never harmed anyone. I..." his mind went back to when he woke up in the modern age eight years ago. He had all of his memories right? He knew who and what he was, right? And those pendants... "I don't care."

        His fear vanished as he took on his normal attitude once again. Whatever it is, he didn't want to know. He didn't understand humans, and didn't want to. "Echo of relevance, in the space beyond. Equivalent," he spoke. With those words, everything stopped. He and Modred fell to the ground as time sped up for them again.

        "Whoa, what did you just do?" she asked as she stood up. "You stopped them even though everything is already frozen."

        "No, I didn't stop them, I stopped us. I don't know how to explain it but time isn't applying itself right now. We need to go before whatever this is wears of. I want everything to be normal again," he said in all seriousness. Mordred seemed to realize that he was quite literally done with the world's bullcrap.

        "Come on then. We'll go find my master. He can help you out since he's a mage too, but don't worry. We aren't with those guys." Mordred deadpanned at him when he simply stood there.

        "Not yet. Let me do something first," he said. His mind kept repeating those same words that he had been telling himself all this time. "I don't care." But the truth was that he did care. If he allowed himself to believe such, then he might be able to figure out what it was that he supposedly used to be, but he settled with lying to himself as he snatched the pendants from the necks of those mages. "I'm sorry Mordred...but I think I just started something bad and dragged you into it," he stated as he returned to her.

        "Don't think so highly of yourself. I'm a knight. I'd can defeat anything your problems throw at me. Don't underestimate a heroic spirit." She had punched his arm and began walking away. "Since we have to walk, I'm not slowing down for you. Better keep up."

        Taking one last look at the woman who had claimed she wished him no harm but needed him dead, he went after Mordred not knowing what he had just done. Echoing in the background of his mind were the constant words spoken by a voice that seemed to be himself saying, "I don't care...about humans at all."

And that voice was right.
_______________________________________

Sorry for the delay in oneshots. And this update is probably super confusing, sorry about that too. I seem to have something against the Mage's Association so after part 2 of this, I'll try to include some more oneshots where they aren't the bad guys. Anyways, thank you all for waiting and until next time you spectacular readers!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

444K 9.6K 52
A book full of one shots. I'll do character x character and x reader. NO LEMONS!!
8.4K 110 20
Summary: a collection of oneshots from the Fate series (mostly Fate Grand Order). Will focus more on minor characters (like npcs) or any other charac...
33.8K 436 9
Some random BNHA x reader one shots! Most of these one shots will have a Female reader, I was writing these mostly for myself before now so I apologi...
9.9K 192 67
This is a book about one shots from anything! I can do basically whatever you want me to do, just leave a comment about what you want your story to b...