Gone Girl

By Siiuews

Veronica Reeves is like every other boring teenager, she has a few close friends and she's secretly in love w... More

Welcome! ♡
Cast
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Rant + Announcement
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
THANK YOU + BOOK 2
GONE GIRL 2 IS OUT NOW!

Chapter 11

2.6K 169 103
By Siiuews

It's Monday again and all I can think about is smoking. I sound like an addict, but I'm not.

I'm about to walk to my locker but I see Louis there. Do I walk there and just ignore him? Who am I kidding... he won't make it easy, not even a little bit.

Well, I don't care to grab the book anyway. I walk straight to my next class and I'm glad Nicole doesn't take this class.

I find two empty seats. If anyone sits near me, I swear...

As I am speaking, a girl is sitting next to me. At least it's not Nicole.

I don't know this blonde girl, I have never seen her before. She should have sat somewhere else. There are many empty seats.

I want to get more joints but I don't know how to contact Derek. Maybe I should just ask Dominic. I search for my phone in my backpack.

Veronica: Hey. Do you have any other joints?

He replies so quickly. Sometimes it feels like he would do anything to talk to me.

Dominic: I don't, you could ask Derek but I doubt he would give you anything, at least not for free.

"Veronica Reeves, can you stop using the phone?" the teacher yells at me and I slightly jump, I even forgot I was still in class.

What does it mean that he won't give them to me? Does he sell them? The first ones were just "samples"?

I don't have any money on me, my parents rarely give me anything and I could never ask them for anything after how I treated my mom.

The bell rings and before I try to walk out, that blonde girl stops me.

"Uhm, can we talk?" She seems uncomfortable. Who is she and what does she want?

"S-sure."

"Did you work at Kaylee's Cafeteria?"

"I did... why?" I ask disoriented. How does she know that?

"I was wondering why did you stop?" she asks.

"I..." I stop myself realizing I shouldn't tell a stranger anything, "I don't think this is your business." She seems taken back by my blunt response.

I walk away. She doesn't try to stop me again. This was weird.

Who is she?

~

I walked to Shanice's house, it was quite far but I don't care, hopefully, I'll find Derek.

I ring the doorbell and after a few minutes, Shanice opens the door.

"You?" She raises her right eyebrow and she already seems annoyed by my presence.

"I am looking for Derek," I say.

"Look somewhere else." She tries to close the door but I stop it.

"Wait!" I raise my voice.

"You're a freak, aren't you?" She pauses. "Derek isn't home, so get your ass out of here." She hisses at me and I roll my eyes. I don't have time for this bitch.

As I turn around to leave, I see Derek parking his car in the front. He looks up at me, and I swear I see a glimpse of happiness in his eyes.

"Hey Veronica, I see you miss me already," he teases me and laughs.

I don't have time for this.

"I don't, I just miss smoking," I admit bluntly and he chuckles again.

"That's a new one. Usually, girls miss something else."

So I see he is in the mood for jokes, huh?

"Aren't you funny?" I fake laugh. "You know why I came here, I wouldn't have walked all this distance to see you."

"So you are here for more joints?" His face becomes more serious.

"Yes," I mutter. I need them, I cannot sleep at night and sometimes they help...

"You came to the wrong place, but I can give you a pass back home since I'm so nice." He laughs again and I swear I wanna smack his face.

"You want money? Fine." I place my hand in my pocket, I don't think I even have enough money, but I have to try.

"No! I don't want your money. I just think you are too young to keep smoking." He seems... caring? I laugh at my thought.

"Now I am too young?" I ask confused.

"Dominic forced me to give you those two joints, I don't give them to kids usually, I don't want trouble." His tone shifted rapidly back to being a jerk.

I am a kid now.

"This is bullshit," I bark and just leave him standing there. I don't need a pass, I'll just walk home. Fuck him.

I know someone who has weed, and would gladly share some... but do I want to go there?

James.

I know where he lives, all thanks to Nicole. He said they stopped hanging out so she shouldn't be at his house.

With all this walking my legs will fall off. Now I regret not taking Derek's ride.

Oh, I'll ask Dominic for his number. I know I shouldn't do it, but it's only once.

I call Dominic and he picks up after three rings.

"Hey. I saw Derek and he refused to give me any more marijuana. Could you give me James' number?" I ask.

"I knew Derek would say no," he says amused. "You want to talk to James? I see you change your mind quickly," he points out and I roll my eyes, just give me that damn number.

Dom texts me his number and I message James.

Veronica: This is Veronica, before you say your stupid remarks, can you give me some weed?

I could have been nicer, maybe he will say no just to annoy me. He knows damn well he is a rich kid who can afford it anytime he wants.

I continue walking towards my house and my phone buzzes, wow, he is quick.

James: Your bodyguard is refusing to give you any more weed? I knew you'd be coming right back to me. Sure. Tomorrow after school.

I roll my eyes again. Idiot.

~

The day passes quickly, almost the end of the lessons. I could see Louis yearning to talk to me, but he did not pressure me. Nicole was just her usual self, trying to get me alone to whine about how I stopped hanging out with them.

I walk out of the school and James is waiting with his other stupid friends, they all stop talking and give him that look when I approach them.

"Sweetie," he mocks me and places his hand on my back, I take a step back. What the fuck.

"Gosh, just stop and give me what I came here for," I hiss at him and he continues smirking.

He reaches into his backpack and gives me a small bag. A plastic bag?

"You will have to roll it yourself, sweetie," he says and I just want to scream at him. I don't know how to roll joints and I will probably make a mess.

But it seems that he gave me enough for a few days. I'm sure he has more but he wants to convince me to come to him again. Which won't happen, I'll try to find someone else.

"You should try coke, come to the next party and I'll give you some," he offers and I ignore him. I don't know if I even want to go to parties anymore. Also, my parents are pretty mad.

"You need something stronger. Or you could just hook up with me."

This guy... I cannot stand him. He disgusts me.

At that moment Nicole walks out with Louis and they see me talking to James.

Nicole sprints to me and she seems furious.

"This is why you stopped hanging out with us? So you can sleep with my boyfriend?" she snaps at me.

"Your boyfriend?" James seems amused, they never agreed to be in a relationship, they were never dating. Just hooking up.

It was all in Nicole's mind. He was seeing many other girls while he was 'with her'.

"I'm not your boyfriend, Nicole, and I could never lower my standards that much," he mocks her and we are all shocked, Louis is staring deep into my soul.

I can see Nicole's eyes already filling with tears and it breaks my heart—even though I hate it.

"I'm not sleeping with him, Nicole, I promise you, trust me," I try to explain but she doesn't seem to believe me.

Louis seems to believe me, but they don't understand why I hang out with someone I claim to hate.

"Get out of here, you've done enough damage," I tell James and he shrugs but decides to leave.

He is trying to get in my pants, that's why he doesn't even try to lie to Nicole anymore. For him, this is all a sick game.

"If you are not sleeping with him then explain why you are avoiding us and talking to him!" She wipes her tears away while Louis pats her on the back.

"I'm..." I want to tell her because after everything I still care so much about her, it hurts to see her hurting.

"Is it because Louis kissed you?" she asks and my face drops, I look up at Louis baffled. Did he fucking tell her?!

And at that moment I get an idea, it's probably bad but it's going to make Louis leave me alone and Nicole would stop assuming shit.

"What? Louis didn't kiss me," I exclaim.

"What do you mean?" Louis asks with a shaken look on his face.

"I have no idea what you two are talking about. I have to leave now," I mutter and try to escape from them as quickly as possible. Louis seems hurt and Nicole is speechless.

I suddenly get a text from Dominik.

Dominic: This Saturday we are throwing a party at James' house. I also have a little nice surprise for you. You can't miss it.

——

Thank you so much for reading! Please don't forget to vote and comment, I love you!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3M 34.7K 105
Dylan, a 17-year-old kid, with anger issues gets sent off to one of the many Institutions run by Greyson Clark and Jaxon Walker. Although this Instit...
Like Gold By liv

Teen Fiction

367K 21.6K 43
[WATTY'S SHORTLIST 2021 & 2022] "I love every part of you. Not because of who you were before, but because of who you are now, in spite of all the bu...
2.7K 125 24
Violet Ferrari is at breaking point. Moving out of home was supposed to fix her problems, not exacerbate them. All the shit she tried to escape, came...
28.3K 1.1K 39
Coming June of 2021 MATURE CONTENT!!!!! Josephine Langford is haunted by her traumatic past and feels like she can't trust anyone... no one except h...