A Little Too Dark

By symhere

SEASON 1: (COMPLETED) A lack of any direction in Andy's life makes everything difficult. Andrea Hebert and Lo... More

One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-One
Twenty-Two
Twenty-Three
Twenty-Four
Twenty-Five
Twenty-Six
Twenty-Seven
Twenty-Eight
Twenty-Nine
Thirty (End of Season One)
A LITTLE TOO DARK (SEASON II)
After Two Years
They Meet Again
The Fear Of Falling In Love
The Start Of The Anguish.
Stay
TΓͺte-Γ -tΓͺte.
Seven Minutes In Heaven.
Stupid Things.
Trouble In Paradise.
A Word In Private.
An Unexpected Kiss.
Andrea's Realization.
It Was A Mistake.
Moving On.
Hassel Awaits.
What The Night Holds.
A Tad Bit Desirous.
Lorenzo's Exasperation.
What Is Yet To Come.
Ambushed Sanity.
Unbreakable Promise.
As Never Seen Before.
A Hint Of Something.
A Tipsy Phone Call.
The Guardian Angel.
Beat Him Up
Locked Up.
I Am Fine
I Can Stop You
The Awkward Dinner.
A Little Bathroom Session.
Stella
The Vigoritos
Mom In Town
Lorenzo Care's
The Ghost From The Past
Lorenzo's Misery
Heart To Heart
The Last Dance
A Monster
The L Word
The Awaited Night
The Boyfriend Dilemma
Zo
The Not-So-Perfect Family (Part I)
The Not-So-Perfect Family (Part II)
The Not-So-Perfect Family (Part III)
Enzo's Better Half
The Truth's Out
Closure
Toxicity
Long Lost Loved Ones
Blurred Fences
Epilogue (1/2)
Epilogue (2/2)

Eight

265 15 0
By symhere

"You are kidding, right?" Farrah, my elder sister asked.

I chuckled and swallowed, "No, this happened." I told my sister.

Two months passed since I last met Mr. Vigorito. I lost my job because I couldn't come to work during the storm – no one even came to the clinic during those days – I wasn't needed there but, still, my boss fired me – maybe he was just finding a way to get rid of me and he kicked me out as soon as he got a chance. I am jobless for the last two months. Since I don't have a job – my plan of moving out of my parent's house flopped – I am still leaving with them. I had to take a lot of scolding from Phil, mom and dad after came back home. For two weeks they made my life a living hell and didn't let me out much – they were worried that I will get myself in trouble again. Thankfully, Phil and dad don't mention it now but, my mom – never forgets to mention it whenever I do something wrong or gets in minor trouble.

Since I was jobless and pretty bored from staying at home – I decided to visit Farrah in New York. New York wasn't any better than Canada – the rain and cold weather makes me want to flee somewhere warm. But, at least I had company here. Back in my home – my mother and father go to work and return at night and my brother doesn't stay at home either. He is always out with friends. Although Phil and Haley don't live far away, I don't like to bother them with my presence every other day. I hate staying alone. I used to have a lot of friends from high school in my home town but, all of them got busy in life and I lost all the contacts – I am pretty much friendless at the moment.

"So, was he hot?" Farrah winked as she dipped a nacho in the cheese dip.

I glanced at my niece, Liana – who was filling colors in her coloring book before I averted my eyes on Farrah, "Who?" I asked as I dip a nacho in the cheese dip.

Farrah rolled her eyes, "Vigorito, who else?" she said.

I rolled my eyes and shook my head, "You are something. Seriously, your daughter is sitting right beside you and you are asking me if he was hot." I said to her.

She glanced at her daughter before chuckling, "She won't understand." Farrah shrugged as she chewed another nacho. "So, tell me – was he?" she asked again.

Was he hot? I pictured Lorenzo in my mind. His strong built, piercing blue eyes and dominating personality can make any girl go weak in her knees. So, was he hot? Yes – yes, he was. He was hot – without any doubts.

I licked the cheese dipping from my finger and nodded, "Yeah, he was." I replied.

Farrah grinned, "Oh, how much I wish I could meet him." she gushed.

I chuckled, "You are acting like sixteen years old." I commented.

She narrowed her eyes, "You are never too old to check out a hot guy." She said. Her eyes beamed, "In fact, let me get my laptop – we have major stalking to do." She said as she got up from the couch.

She was walking towards her room. I twirled my head to look at her walking. "Are you serious?" I asked.

She halted in her way and turned around, "Of course, I am. I never joke when it comes to hot guys." She said and winked before she walked into her bedroom.

I twirled back around and chuckled, "Your mother is something." I said to Liana – who was busy filling colors.

She lifted her head to look at me and nodded, "That's what my friend's mother says." She told me innocently – causing me to laugh out loud.

After an hour of stalking, we came to know a few things about Lorenzo Vigorito. For instance, his parents died when he was seventeen, he is the seventh richest man in America and the United Kingdom, he has never been in a controversy in his whole life and he doesn't have any social accounts – which made Farrah a little upset. While Farrah was gushing about how much he makes in a year and how handsome he is. My mind was on Lorenzo's love life – he has never been seen with a girl before except for one – Roselle Carlos – a twenty-five years old model from New York. When the media asked Roselle about their relationship she replied that they were just good friends. Though, Lorenzo never spoke about his personal life in front of the media before.

"Are you even listening to me?" Farrah asked me while I stared at the picture of Roselle Carlos. She was stunning – a true beauty. She looked so sophisticated, well-mannered, and well dressed. Any guy would fall for her. I chuckled – of course, he would go out with her – who wouldn't. "Andy!" Farrah called my name again.

"Huh?" I looked at her. "What?" I asked her.

She shook her head, "You didn't hear a word I said, did you?" she asked. I looked at her guiltily. "Never mind, I have to go to sleep." She said as she stood up. "Please charge the laptop after using it. I have an early meeting tomorrow with a very important patient. It's a big fish. I just hope I hit big this time." She sighed.

Farrah is a lawyer. She has been working for the same firm since she came to New York. She never got a chance to work with big patients – she always has been dealing with small cases. Tomorrow she has a meeting with the CEO and the board of directors of some company who needs a team of lawyers to work on the case. Farrah has been talking non-stop about that case – it was something about land or a building – I honestly didn't pay much attention to it but, whatever it is – it is big and she wants it bad. I hope she gets it tomorrow.

"You will get it, I know," I said to her.

"Thank you." She said. She twisted her mouth, "I need to ask you for a favor." She added.

"Sure, what is it?" I asked.

"Liana's babysitter has an exam tomorrow morning and I have the meeting so, please – can you babysit her tomorrow?" she asked.

"Of course, I will – you don't even need to ask," I said to her.

She grinned, "Oh, thank you – you are the best sister ever." She exclaimed.

I chuckled at looked Liana, "Tomorrow, we aunt and niece are going to have lots of fun." I said to Liana.

She looked at me and grinned, "Without mommy?" she asked.

I nodded, "Yes, without mommy." I answered.

"Yes!" she punched her fist in the air causing me to laugh and Farrah to roll her eyes.

So, the next morning I had to wake up early – way earlier than I usually wake up. Farrah left for work around seven in the morning. Liana woke up just minutes after her mother left. She wanted to eat pancakes for breakfast but, unfortunately, we ran out of eggs so, I decided to take her out on breakfast. I was too lazy to change my clothes, so I just wore a jacket over my shirt and left while I was still in my blue pajamas.

The café where I usually eat whenever I am in New York was just around the corner so, I didn't have to take a cab or anything. It was quite cold this morning so, I made Liana wore a jacket over her shirt and covered her head with a beanie. We rushed towards the café to see it quite crowded and it was only eight in the morning.

I shivered as the cold wind gushed through my hair, "Let's go in." I grabbed Liana's hand and waited in a queue. There were hardly three people before us, so it didn't take much time for our turn to come.

The girl, Sandy, standing behind the counter looked at me and smiled, "Hey Andy! You are back." Sandy said.

I smiled and pushed my hair behind my ear, "Yeah, I am." I replied.

"Great, so what can I get for the two of you?" she asked Liana this time.

"I want pancakes," Liana said. "The chocolate chips one – oh, and a strawberry milkshake." She added.

"Chocolate chip pancake and a strawberry milkshake," Sandy said as she typed it on the computer. "And what would you like to have, Andy?" she asked.

"I will have a blueberry muffin with a regular coffee with just milk – no sugar," I ordered.

Sandy nodded as she typed, "Dine in or take away?" she asked.

"Dine-in, please," I said. Sandy nodded and handed us our order's receipt. "Your order will be ready in fifteen minutes." She told us with a bright smile on her face. I smiled back and sat on the only empty table at the corner.

"Can we go to the park after this?" Liana asked.

I narrowed my eyes, "You want to go to the park in such cold weather?" I asked her.

She shrugged, "It is not that cold." Liana replied while she played with tissue lying over the table.

I sighed and leaned back, "All right, we will see." I said to her. She beamed and grinned toothily.

While we were waiting for our food – Liana was babbling about her friends and the cartoon series she watches. I smiled and quietly listened to her. She was telling me about the favor of Disney cartoons when I heard a voice from behind me. "This is garbage." The person said.

My eyes widened and I stopped listening to Liana. "No way," I whispered to myself – this can't be him.

"It isn't that bad." The other familiar voice said.

"Holy crap," I whispered to myself.

"Huh?" Liana asked. I just shook my head and she just shrugged and continued telling me about the princess in the cartoon. I mashed my lips together and slowly twirled around to see if it was really whom I think it is.

"This is the worse coffee I've ever had. I am never coming here again. Let's go." One of the men from the table just behind our table stood up and threw a couple of dollars on the table.

"What? At least let me complete this muffin – it is heaven – seriously you should try it." Kevin said to the man I thought I would never see again.

"You know, I don't like sugar – now let's go," Lorenzo asked Kevin – who rolled his eyes.

"No freaking way," I said – causing both of the men to look at me.

It felt like the time stopped for a few seconds. I looked at them with wide eyes. Lorenzo was looking at me with his brows knitted together while Kevin had a huge grin on his face, "Andrea." Kevin called out my name. "Such a small world, I must say." He said. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

268K 2K 11
"Tell me, Eleanor, do you like seeing me like this? Do you like seeing me angry with you?" he yells, banging the spot above my head. I keep my mouth...
23.8K 2.7K 54
Life was never fair and Elizabeth, understood this concept when her boyfriend cheated on her with her best friend. That was the worst day of Elizabet...
159K 5.8K 42
Highest Ranking #512 in Romance The song itself held so much meaning to our situation, so I committed it to memory, remembering each step and exactly...
96K 2.1K 30
βœ“ COMPLETED βœ“ Started: 20th NOV 2020 Finished: 13th DEC 2020 EDITING! After the love of her life leaves her for good, Carlota Santiago has to strugg...