Stop | HyunIn

By knzhgts

Hyunjin is a heartless bully, who doesn't consider anyone a friend. Jeongin is just one quiet student, who d... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
THE END!!!
New book!

11

6.8K 299 581
By knzhgts

"Bye Mrs. Yang!" Jisung called, as he stood in the doorway waving.

"Bye bye sweetie!" She called back, smiling as he closed the door. "Aw, you should invite him over more often. He's such a lovely boy." She cooed. "Unlike some other friends." She muttered quietly so Jeongin wouldn't hear. But he did. He knew she was referring to Hyunjin. Nonetheless, he pretended he didn't hear anything.

"Oh Mum! Are you looking to replace me?"

He had invited Jisung over, since they both had nothing to do. They played games and watched a bad movie. However whilst Jisung was here, Jeongin's mother walked in multiple times to check on how they were doing. That wasn't too bad. What wasn't normal was how she took every opportunity to compliment or start a conversation with Jisung.

"Of course not Jeongin!" She pulled her son into a hug. "You're always my number one." She pulled away and looked at him with affection. "But make sure to invite Jisung for dinner next time."

Jeongin rolled his eyes as his mother laughed.

The next day, whilst their group were sat around a table talking and laughing, Minho approached them. Jisung noticed first and held tight onto Jeongin's arm. Minho came and immediately made eye contact with Jisung.

"I'm not here for you, don't get too worked up." He said, disgusted. The rest of them must not have known what the deal was between Minho and Jisung because they looked confused as ever.

"You." He said, turning to Felix.

"M-me?" He gulped.

"Yes. There's a party on Friday and you're coming."

"What do you mean?"

Minho rolled his eyes and pointed behind Felix. They all turned around and saw Changbin watching them hopefully.

"I'll say it one more time." He sighed. "There's a party on Friday and you're coming. Understood?"

Felix nodded, clearly afraid of Minho. He opened his mouth to speak but before he could get anything out, Minho interrupted.

"No one cares if you bring your stupid friends, just keep them away from me." He didn't wait to hear more and left.

When he was out of earshot, chaos began.

"There's no way in hell that I'm coming." Jisung muttered.

"Yeah same here." Seungmin added.

"No, guys, please don't let me go alone." Felix whined. "Jeongin? What about you?"

"Hyunjin will be there." He murmured, looking down,

"Guys!" Felix cried, stomping his feet like a toddler. "Please, someone come." He begged.

"I'm not kidding, I can't come." Seungmin said, "I've got a wedding to go to."

Felix looked deflated and really worried. Jeongin took a deep breath.

"Me and Jisung will come."

"What?" Jisung yelled.

"Really?" Felix asked, looking hopeful.

"Wait, no! I didn't agree to this!"

"Yes, we'll both go." Jeongin announced. He lowered his voice and leaned in to Jisung. "Look, let's just both go for a good time. Why should Minho and Hyunjin get in our way? Besides, you need to forget about him and get out there a bit more."

Jisung sighed.

"Fine, I'll come."

"Yay! Thank you so much. You really are my best friends. No going back on your words ok?"

"Don't worry." Jeongin smiled. "We won't change our minds."

Felix pulled them both in for a hug.

Friday was getting nearer and Jeongin was more than ready to lie and say that he caught a cold so that he didn't have to go to that stupid party. Hyunjin really knew how to piss someone off; he'd throw paper balls during class, take Jeongin's stuff, trip him up or just call him names. But Jeongin remembered how disappointed Felix looked when he thought he would have to go alone and didn't want to see that look on his face ever again. So what else could he have done but endure it all?

'It's for my friends,' He reminded himself. 'Felix and Jisung.'

It was that alone which kept him going.

It was Friday. The day Jeongin was dreading for the whole week. After school, he went home and looked at his plain wardrobe. What was he supposed to wear to a party? He tried a few outfits on, and didn't like any. Half of his wardrobe was strewn across his bed. Maybe he was just overthinking it. The people there would just be some wasted teenagers. Why would they care about his outfit? He laughed at his over-complicated self and grabbed one of the outfits from his bed.

He chose an oversized black and white jumper and some ripped jeans. He looked at his reflection and smiled, satisfied with his appearance for once.

They were all supposed to meet at Jisung's place, since it was nearest. So, Jeongin told his mother that he was off to Jisung's and hugged her goodbye.

"I might be back late, so don't stay up for me." He told her.

He met up with his friends and they took a cab to the address sent to Felix's phone.

They stopped outside a club, with bright lights illuminating the drunk and sober people outside. Jeongin's hands were shaking as he paid the cab driver. He was nervous already. This was his first time at a party, since he was never wanted by anyone. Suddenly, he felt a wave of panic. What was he thinking coming here? He was a loser.

He felt Jisung's hand on his shoulder. He turned around and saw his friend's comforting smile.

"I'm scared too." He whispered.

They went in and sat at an unoccupied table, far away from the buzz. Thankfully, they were left alone; no one paid any attention to them as they were all busy. That was, until Changbin spotted them. He came and sat in the empty seat between Jeongin and Felix. They all fell silent, unsure of what to say. Jeongin looked to Felix, who was sweating profusely.

"Do you want a drink?" Everyone froze, shocked. Changbin barely talks to anyone he's not close with. In fact, Jeongin has never heard his voice until now. It was rough, low, but soothing.

"I-I don't drink alcohol." Felix muttered, looking embarrassed. Without another word, Changbin stood up and walked off.

"Pfft, did he lose interest after finding out that you don't drink?" Jisung snickered.

"Shut up." Felix scowled.

However, less than 2 minutes later, Changbin returned with a glass of lemonade. He placed it in front of Felix, who looked up at him.

"Don't worry. No alcohol." He said, sitting down.

Jeongin got the feeling that he and Jisung should leave those two alone so he gestured to his friend who nodded. They stood up catching Felix's attention.

"Wait, where are you two going?"

"To the bathroom." Jeongin lied.

"What?" Felix asked, clearly not buying it. "Both of you?"

"Nature calls bro." Jisung said, winking.

Once they were far away enough, Jisung and Jeongin began laughing uncontrollably.

"Did you see his face?" Jisung wheezed.

"How much do you want to bet that they'll be together by the end of the year?" Jeongin joked, as they sat down at the bar, as it was less crowded than other places. They continued joking and laughing about Felix until interrupted by a bartender.

"Do you boys want anything to drink?" He asked, smiling. He had a very charming smile. Jeongin couldn't help but wonder if it was genuine or for the job.

"Um no." Jeongin replied, awkwardly. "Thanks though."

"No problem." He placed some cups on the shelves behind him and turned back around. "Do you mind if I ask how you two ended up here?" He asked leaning on the counter. When Jeongin and Jisung just looked at him blankly, he laughed. "No offence, but you guys don't look like the usual type of people around here." He smiled again. "You guys are too cute."

"Exactly." Jisung said, "I have no clue as to why I'm here. Oh wait!" He exclaimed, pretending to remember. "Someone else agrees for me." He glared at Jeongin.

"I'm sorry Jisung, but you know what Felix is like." Jeongin reasoned. "He would've been so upset."

"Jisung?" The bartender asked. "It's a nice name. Suits you well."

Even in the dim light, Jeongin saw Jisung blush. "Thank you."

"I'm Chan." He grinned, "nice to meet you Jisung and?"

"Jeongin."

"Jeongin!"

Chan and Jisung engaged in a somewhat flirty conversation. Jeongin joined in every now and then, but ever since he was small, he was more of a listener. Either way, he was elated. The night was turning out to be quite fun and he suspected something between Chan and Jisung, which was a relief since it would do Jisung good to move on.

"Give me a drink." Their conversation stopped abruptly as Minho sat beside Jisung with dark eyes.

Chan cleared his throat. "Sure, what would you like."

"I don't care, just make it strong." Chan nodded and got to work. "Get two of them and give one to this idiot here." He added pointing at Jisung.

"What?" Jisung asked with wide eyes.

"I'll pay for it so shut up and drink."

"M-Minho I-"

"Don't say my name like that you disgusting rat." Minho interrupted. "I'm only buying you a drink."

Chan placed a glass in front of Minho.

"Thanks, but where the hell is his?" Minho asked. Chan turned to Jisung.

"Jisung, are you sure you want it?" He questioned, quietly, worry evident in his tone.

"Who the hell is this guy?" Minho yelled. "Your job is to make the freaking drinks, not question the customer!"

"Jisung?" Chan said again, ignoring Minho. Jisung nodded, but Jeongin could see his hands shaking as he picked up the glass. He looked at it hesitantly and Chan noticed.

"Don't do anything you don't want to." He advised.

"I'm fine." Jisung whispered.

"See? He said he's fine so back off!" Minho scowled. "Go on. Drink up." He pushed Jisung's hand towards his mouth. Jisung took a tiny sip and grimaced. "Don't be a pussy."

Jisung drank more and began coughing. Minho scoffed.

Jeongin felt his phone vibrate in his pocket. His mother was calling him. He told Chan to keep an eye on Jisung and ducked to the bathroom.

"Yes mum, goodnight. I love you too." Jeongin said, leaning against the wall. He exhaled as he ended the call, relieved that he picked up fast enough. He was going to leave, but as he approached the door, it swung open revealing a stumbling Hyunjin.

"Jeongin!"

Thank you to everyone who's reading and the next chapter should be up tomorrow! 💙

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

650K 29.5K 21
In which Lee Minho is the school's delinquent and Han Jisung is known to be the one who never does anything wrong. The two admire each other from afa...
75.7K 2.6K 65
Lee Minho. A guy with past traumas that will make him being mean to everyone. Even to his friends but they don't really care... Unlucky thats not the...
175K 6.5K 40
han jisung, a freak experiment, finds his safe place with lee minho, a gang member. but not all is as it seems. top ! minho bottom ! jisung hybrid...
166K 6.2K 67
[COMPLETED: UNEDITED VERSION!] Han Jisung, a sophomore in college. His living arrangement is a predicament he didn't anticipate, living with 7 other...