HEARTS DON'T FEEL THE SAME (Z...

By zarry_heart_jade

"A perfect marriage is just two imperfect people who refuse to give up on each other.." But what if a couple... More

PROLOGUE
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25 - I
25 - II
FINALE
ANNOUNCEMENT!

14

1.6K 116 218
By zarry_heart_jade

The day that would bind them together for a year had come. For the next 365 days, 12 months, 52 weeks they'd be called 'Husbands' on the paper. Anne wanted a lavish wedding, followed by a formal reception which was denied by the two men.

"I still can't believe you both refused the grand wedding I had planned", Anne huffed in annoyance looking at her son who was fixing his red tie. Harry just rolled his eyes at her without a reply.

On the other side of the Styles mansion, Zayn's best mates were dreading the idiotic contract they had put themselves into.

"I'm still warning you, Zed. This could end very bad for the both of you. What you're gonna do is not the best for anyone involved", Louis spoke concerned while fixing Zayn's hair with a gel.

"Stop being so paranoid, Lou. This is just a year's contract. I've told you all so many times", Zayn rolled his eyes in annoyance.

"And we have repeatedly warned you that a year can change everything. Please think again when you've time", Liam chimed in.

"Pass me the brooch, Lima", Zayn ignored his point as he was only doing this for his sisters and after a year is up, they'll be parting their ways. No worries, no hurt, no pain, no heartbreak like silly lovesick idiots.

"Then tell why you moved in to his place if this is just a wedding on papers?", Louis asked his best friend while he carried on putting the cufflinks.

"Just because his mom wanted. For the millionth time, stop coming up with these idiotic strategies because I don't want to hear anymore shxt from you both", Zayn warned in a rather calm tone and the couple knew better than to talk more on the topic.

💚💛💚💛💚💛💚💛💚💛💚💛💚💛💚💛

As the doors of the church opened, Zayn and Harry looked at the long aisle decorated with white lillies and silk peonies, that would lead them to the altar where they would be lawfully wedded. They didn't want this hullabaloo, but not everything was in their hands.

They weren't like those happily in love couples who laughed, blushed and looked each other with love. They were just partners. Partners of a year long deal and they didn't look forward to stand hearing the boring lecture they would receive before commencing the ceremony. They rather looked bored off their minds and made their way to the altar. They should opposite to each other, while the pastor started the sermon.

"Can you please hurry up? We have an important meeting to attend in an hour? We need to get this done soon", Harry looked at the pastor, sternly with a commanding voice.

"What the hell, Harry? How could you even plan a meeting today? Are you literally out of your mind?", Anne's reprimanding voice echoed throughout the almost empty church.

"An emergency meeting, mother. It can't be rescheduled and we both have to attend it. Sorry, can't do anything about it", Harry explained nonchalant, while Zayn huffed in annoyance as he didn't want this drama.

"Can't believe you, bro", Gemma shook her head in disbelief. Harry ignored her and demanded the pastor to hurry up with the proceedings.

The pastor looked up helpless and finally gave in to the demands.

"Do you have vows of your own?", he questioned the men who just shook their heads disappointing everyone present. The pastor just sighed defeatedly.

"Do you Zayn Javadd Malik take Harry Edward Styles as your lawfully wedded husband and promise to be together till death do you apart?", he questioned looking at Zayn whose eyes moved towards his best friends.

Louis and Liam were shaking their heads slyly, asking him not to give in. Zayn closed his eyes, calming himself and sighing before opening his eyes again.

"I do", he said his voice unwavering, hiding his fears behind those hard, honey eyes.

Zayn didn't meet his friends' eyes, not wanting to see disappointment in them. The pastor diverted his question to Harry.

"Do you Harry Edward Styles take Zayn Javadd Malik as your lawfully wedded husband and promise to be together till death do you apart?", he questioned again.

"I do", he answered without hesitation in a hurry. His impatient eyes looked at the pastor as he waited for his announcement, so they can leave the church.

"You may exchange your rings now", they groaned in annoyance before hurriedly exchanging the rings which would bind them together.

"With the power vested in me, I pronounce you husband and hus-", the priest started only to be cut off midway.

"Okay. Thank you for your time. We're married. Now we have a very important meeting to attend. Good bye", Harry announced to the priest and turned towards his family to see a very disappointed look on Anne and Gemma's faces. "Zayn, let's go", he demanded while the bambi eyed boy nodded his head in acknowledgement. He smiled at his innocent sisters who had no idea of what exactly was happening and didn't dare to meet anyone else's eyes before following his boss. Or rather his one year husband.

They both got into the car and took off immediately without delaying anymore. Harry and Zayn sat at the two extreme corners looking out of their windows while the driver cruised the vehicle across the town.

"Remove your ring before you enter the building", Harry's rough voice brought Zayn out of his thoughts. "And don't ever mention to anyone that we're married", he said with an emotionless voice.

"Yeah. As though I'm proud to be associated with an arrogant as*hole like you. Dumbshxt", Zayn countered with hate filled tone.

"Watch your mouth, you uncultured sw*ne. I'm still your boss. Jerk", Harry spat with annoyance.

"I really don't know what sin I committed that I met you. Egoistical and self-centred idiot. Adding salt to the wound was getting married to you. Hope I get off alive from this stupidity soon", Zayn muttered irritated but loud enough for Harry to hear.

"What the-", Harry was cut off when the driver announced that they had reached the office. He glared at his new husband hard who didn't back down too before huffing and getting out of the car.

The two men made their way into the office hurriedly, acting like strangers. Harry walked into his cabin as Zayn followed him.

"What is the schedule for today?", Harry called his secretary as he plopped on his executive chair, leaning his head back tiredly.

Zayn just stood there while his husband spoke on the phone. Unintentionally, his eyes roamed all over the green eyed man's face, admiring all the features. Those forest green eyes seemed so innocent even though his eyebrows scrunched up in confusion and irritation, his slender nose was cute like a button, his milky white cheeks were tainted red and those full, plump lips seemed inviting as he spoke. His honey coloured eyes drifted up, meeting his husband's. Harry's face turned redder than ever and he coughed uncomfortably, bringing Zayn out of his trance.

"I- I probably.. should just... Just go", Zayn said clearing his throat and stuttering repeatedly while Harry just nodded his head at him.

Zayn almost ran out of the cabin, taking long steps towards the lift as he waited for those doors to open. His legs shifted restlessly when he heard the booming voice behind him.

"Mr. Malik", he could recognize the voice anywhere, even in a crowd. He turned himself unwillingly, plastering a fake smile on his face. The entire floor was watching their encounter and it felt awkward.

"Yes, S-sir", he replied in a strong tone which came out weak.

"The designs for the Magazine shoot next week must be on my table by five today. We need to decide on the models too. So, no later than five. Yeah", he commanded leaving Zayn open mouthed.

"Sir, it was scheduled fifteen days from now. Not next week", he stated.

"It's been rescheduled. I thought you knew. No worries, you can do it now", he faked a smile.

"Twenty designs to be completed, sir. It wouldn't be possible by today. I'm sorry", he replied with anger cursing through his tone.

"No later than five, Malik", Harry said with a finality in his tone before turning on his heel and walking back into his cabin without another glance.

Zayn stared at the place where his boss stood, as though it was going to help him out of the mess. He sighed defeatedly and walked into the elevator, making way to his floor.

"Hey, Zayn. Where were you man? Got so much work today", Anthony pat his back with a smile on his face.

He just smiled at his team, before they got on to the work at hand. Twenty designs to be completed, before evening. Hours flew by, the team immersed in their work when a loud, blaring ringtone brought everyone's attention to the phone. Zayn looked on the screen of his phone to see it was his so-called boss and he ignored it, putting it on silent. The phone vibrated repeatedly before he got annoyed and switched it off completely, throwing it somewhere between the piles of charts.

Zayn didn't even move from his place, not even for a break. He was keen on completing his assignment that he didn't care about anything else. The lunch break ended and he still sat rooted to his place. His teammates took a break for lunch and had come back too, but he was still in the same place, engrossed in his work.

"Zayn, honey", the concerned voice brought him out of his work. He turned his head so fast that he was surprised that he didn't get a whiplash. Anne stood there smiling wide at him while Gemma stood next to her. He saw Harry walking slowly towards them, like a kid who had been reprimanded. His teammates watched the entire scene unfolding before them.

"What are you doing here, mo-, Mrs. Styles?", he cleared his throat covering up the almost mess up. Anne understood the change of his behaviour.

"Oh, nothing dear. We were just going for a late lunch. So, we thought of taking you with us too", she said with a smile which brought a genuine smile on his face too since this morning.

"I've got so much more work to do and I've to submit it by today evening. I'm afraid I can't make it. Sorry", Zayn explained softly which made Anne look at him with softened eyes.

"I heard about it. I'm extending your deadline to tomorrow evening. You can do it without hurry. C'mon, let's go for lunch", she stated, glaring at her son whilst smiling at her son-in-law.

"I don't know if Mr. Styles would be fine with it", he said, looking back at his teammates curious eyes. Anne turned towards her son and waited for his reply while her face warned him to go against it.

"Yes. I think you can submit by tomorrow", he said softly that Zayn didn't almost hear. Harry just sighed defeatedly before looking up at his husband. "Let's go for the lunch".

Zayn looked at his teammates who seemed happy while Anthony and Gary encouraged him to go.

"We'll take care of it. You can just go now, mate", Jax spoke up from the corner.

"Thanks, guys. I'll be back soon", Zayn replied thankfully.

They walked together towards the elevator, making their way down to the lobby. Getting out, they went to the parking lot and Harry unlocked his Porsche and sat in the driver's seat. Zayn opened the door to back seat, when Gemma stoped him.

"Sit in the front, Zayn", she said and Zayn knew that it was definitely going to be a long day.

________________________________________

To be continued... 💚💛

Sorry for the delay.

Thank you for reading. 🙏🙏🙏

Thank you for your constant love and support guys!! 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻😘😘

Share your thoughts, guys...

Love y' all _ J 💜😘

Pls like, comment and share.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

466 24 8
It's been years since the five most well known men have been together. Ever since their split, they have been doing their own thing and they have bee...
5.9K 230 27
When I walked away that day I swore I'd never see Harry's face again. But I guess when two people are meant to be together, fate will stop at nothing...
943 14 101
Sequel to 'Having No Regrets.' - read the first before the second, because it probably won't make much sense! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~...
1K 11 23
An unexpected meeting bring Rosie's life upside down.....but what happen, when something unplanned bring everybody to tears? Will it go better or jus...