The Blind Meister (Soul Eater...

By GrimstoneRX1300

At the Death Weapon Mister Academy, students are trained by the Grim Reaper himself to hunt the Keishen that... More

Basic Info
Prologue: THE SPECIAL TWO - THE ACADEMY GETS NEW STUDENTS?
Chapter 1: FIRST DAY - COLE GETS IN A FIGHT?
Chapter 2 BLACK-BLOODED TERROR - THERE'S A WEAPON INSIDE CRONA?
Chapter 3: TSUBAKI THE CAMELLIA BLOSSOM - WHAT REAL HURT FEELS LIKE?
Chapter 5: THE SUPER WRITTEN EXAM - DUAL RIVALS FOR THE MEISTERS?
Chapter 6: THE SOUL EATING DRAGON - THE HELL INSIDE MY HEAD?
Chapter 7: HISTORY IN THE SOUL - A DIFFERENT WAY TO SEE?
Chapter 8: EVE PARTY NIGHTMARE - AND SO THE CURTAIN RAISES?
Chapter 9: THE UNDERGROUND BATTLE BEGINS - THE ONE WHO TOOK MY SIGHT?
Chapter 10: ASURA'S RETURN - THERE'S A POWER IN THY SOUL?
Chapter 11: BATTLE OF THE GODS - DEATH CITY ON THE VERGE OF COLLAPSE?
Chapter 12: THE GATHERING OF THE DEATH SCYTHES - THE REASON COLE LOST HIS SIGHT?
Chapter 13: 800 YEARS OF BLOODLUST - ADVENT OF THE HERETIC WITCH?
Chapter 14: THE SWORD GOD RISES - JASON GAINS POWER?
Chapter 15: THE RED HOT RUNAWAY - A MAGIC TOOL LEFT BEHIND BY THE GREAT WIZARD?
Chapter 16: LEGEND OF THE HOLY SWORD - A BLIND DATE AT LAST?
Chapter 17: THE BATTLE FOR BREW - CLASH BETWEEN ENEMIES?
Chapter 18: BREW'S TEMPEST - A FIGHT AND ESCAPE IN TEN MINUTES?
Chapter 19: INTERNAL INVESTIGATION - A GOD BECOMES DEMON?
Chapter 20: CAPTAIN'S RETURN - THE FACTORY MADE TO LOOK LIKE A CLOWN?
Chapter 21: SECRET'S OUT - KIM'S A WITCH?
Chapter 22: CAPTURE OF BABA YAGA CASTLE - TEAMING UP WITH THE WOLF MAN?
Chapter 23: DEATH OF ARACHNE - A NEW ENEMY OF THE DWMA?
Chapter 24: ADVANCED SKILLS - A PLAN TO RESCUE THE BOYS?
Chapter 25: THE SEVEN DEADLY CHAPTERS - EXPERIENCE SINS TO SAVE FRIENDS?
Chapter 26: COLE VS TSUBAKI - EMBRACING CHAOS TO BREAK MADNESS?
Chapter 27: BEACH DAY - A BIT LATE FOR THE EVENT?
Chapter 28: WAR ON THE MOON Part 1 - THE TRUTH ABOUT MORIA?
Chapter 29: WAR ON THE MOON Part 2 - A SECOND NEPHILIM IS BORN?
Chapter 30: WAR ON THE MOON Part 3 - THE FINAL SHOWDOWN? (Finale)
Epilogue: A NEW ORDER

Chapter 4: THE MAN WITH THE MAGIC EYE - SOUL AND MAKA'S DIVERGING WAVELENGTH?

1K 19 1
By GrimstoneRX1300

The scene shows the group of friends at Maka and Soul's apartment. Since Blackstar and Tsubaki finally got their first soul, Maka wanted to host a small party to celebrate for them. And, earlier, Blackstar had begun training to master the Enchanted Sword mode, as it was still a bit overpowered for him. With the party, everyone was dressed in more casual clothing, and Cole even switched to dark sunglasses. And, the food was already eaten.

Blackstar: well it may not've been tasty, but it sure was filling.

Maka: (annoyed) hey, I've got an idea; next time you do the cooking.

Tsubaki: don't listen to him, Maka. It was delicious.

Patty: yum, yum!

Liz: yeah, thank you for the snacks.

Ann: your cooking's definitely improved since we were kids.

Kid: (looks around) you guys have a ice place here. It's so tidy. You must make a point of keeping it clean.

Soul: it helps that Maka yells at me whenever I make a mess.

Cole: (flipping a coin) it is polite to have it clean when guests are over.

Kid: is it just the two of you living here, then?

???: you-hoo! Is everyone having a good time?

They turn to the voice, and see it belonged to a purple haired woman with yellow eyes and wearing noting but a bath towel. This is Blair, Maka and Soul's roommate/house cat. With the last part of the description, she is in reality a cat with a lot of magical powers, including transforming into a human. The Scythe Meister had met her when they mistook her for a witch, and in the end, she just followed them home.

Blair: which one of you boys wants to come and take a bath with me. The water's nice and warm.

She lets the towel fall off, and Kid gets a shock/horrified expression, Soul falls backwards with a nose bleed, and even though he didn't show it, Cole was irritated as he's had to deal with moments like that in the past.

Kid: is it always like this over here?

Soul: oh yeah. Anybody want to take the sexy kitty home? She's free.

Cole: a benefit to being blind; I can't see this.

Ann: (looks to Maka) was this Spirit's doing?

Maka: (annoyed) god no! No way would I accept something like that from him. And, it's a long story.

After Blair left, and they cleaned up the mess, the friends were just chatting and relaxing. Cole and Ann were even sharing some of their mission stories.

Ann: after that, we collected the soul, and had enough time to head to the amusement park.

Liz: nice. You guys have been everywhere haven't you?

Cole: not entirely. There's a few places here and there we're hoping to go to one day.

Ann: yeah. But, some of our favorites are places like Shibuya and Hanamura.

Maka: oh yeah, I've heard about that. Isn't that your hometown, Cole?

Cole: yep. My father and uncle were born there, and later my mother and father were raising me in a suburban area outside the city.

Soul: hey Cole? You mind I ask you something?

Cole: depends.

Soul: what's with the shades anyways? We've always seen you with them or the blindfold.

Cole: (after a moment) I have my reasons. (Stands up) I'm gonna get some air. Thank you again for inviting us. (Exits)

Soul: aw, damn. That was uncool to ask.

Ann: it's not your fault. People have always asked him about them. Back at our old school, most students saw him as weak and would say he wasn't fit to be with a Meister or weapon.

Tsubaki: how did you meet him?

Ann: when they were forming partners. Since we had the same powers, they thought we'd make a good pair. Our wavelengths were compatible, and have worked together since.

Blackstar: did he tell you about his eyes?

Ann: not for a while. It took him weeks before he opened up and told me about them. But, I made sure he knew that I was still his friend no matter what. Be patient with him, guys. When Cole's ready, I'm sure he'll tell you.

They didn't know, but Cole heard every word. He knew he shouldn't have left like that, but reacted on instinct. On the other hand, he knew he can't hide the past from them forever. But, it was very personal to him, and wasn't comfortable talking about it all the time. How do you explain a traumatic experience like that to someone without worrying about the outcome? His thoughts were interrupted when his seismic sense goes off, and he senses two witches in Death City. Acting fast, Cole ran in the direction of the source.

He arrives to find Medusa in an alley, and soon, Maka and Stein arrive as well.

Maka: are you all right, Dr. Medusa?

Stein: we detected two witches in this area and came as quickly as we could.

Medusa: yes. I sensed them too and came to investigate them myself.

Maka: I wonder if one of them could have been the witch who was there when Soul was injured.

Cole: no, I don't think it is. Each witch is different from one another. As a result, their wavelengths have a specific signature to them. The one you mentioned would have to be much larger and more powerful for me to sense.

Stein: Cole's right. Another thing, that witch had the demon sword and its Meister along with her. And even if she had been, I doubt we would've sensed her at all. I have a feeling that this one is too cunning to release her protect in the middle of Death City without reason. One thing we do know is that this witch has an interest in weapons and Meisters, so I wouldn't be surprised if she was in the area, observing the students here.

Cole: if that's true, then she'd most likely be doing it quietly. Still, I don't understand this.

He walks ahead, and starts using his seismic sense to try and locate the witches. He couldn't find them, so he then focused on checking the area for clues. He found that there were two witches. One of them was killed by something. The other escaped, potentially being the attacker. However, it wouldn't make sense for two witches to fight in the academy limits. Something was missing here.

A short while later, Soul came down to check on Maka, and it was clear he was worried about her. Maka then found what she was looking for, and Stein knew how to help them get stronger. As they leave, Soul speaks with Cole.

Soul: Cole, I'm sorry I asked about your eyes.

Cole: it's alright. You're not the first to ask about them. But, for now, I prefer to keep it to myself for the time being.

Maka: don't worry. We'll be waiting until you're ready.

Medusa's Thoughts: interesting. I was originally going to use the experiment concerning Soul Eater. But, it seems the Blind Meister holds more than he's letting on. I need to know what exactly is he.

*TIMESKIP*

The next day, Ann and Cole were accompanying Maka, Soul, Tsubaki, and Blackstar to London. This was another lesson for them to be covering, much to their disliking. And, in ensure their safety, the two joined them and like before, would be on standby.

Blackstar: hello, London! Blackstar has arrived! Yahoo!

Tsubaki: it's snowing. Aren't you freezing?

Blackstar: (stretches) who cares about snow? Snow can't touch me. I could be naked out here and it wouldn't bother me at all.

Ann: you do that and I will throw you into the ocean.

Blackstar: (turns to the others) this whole thing sucks. Ever since Soul got himself hurt by that demon sword, all our extra lessons have to be done with at least two teams. And, we have the Dual Meisters as babysitters for us. You guys better not slow me down okay?

Maka and Soul: (huffs and looks away from each other angrily)

Cole: (to Ann) are they all right?

Ann: I'm not sure. They've been like this ever since Stein called them in for their lesson.

Tsubaki: (trying to help) hey you two, would you come take a look at this? It's so beautiful at night, don't you think? Huh? Yay! London!

Blackstar: anyway, Maka, Ann, or Cole, I can't detect souls, so this one's up to you. Tell us what you see.

Maka: I'm on it. (Closes her eyes) 'kay, let's see. I'm focusing on any souls that are in this area. (Sensed something and opens her eyes) there's one right there.

They look to the other end of the bridge, and see a tall man in prison clothes, slit and spiked hair, two separate eyes, and pointed ears.

Blackstar: hey, you're right. What does that dude want?

Maka: I don't know. Something's wrong with his soul. It's not normal. There's a bunch of stuff all mixed together. Some human, some witch, and I'm sensing something else too.

???: here you are.

Blackstar: (glares) this guy wants a fight. Looks like our lesson is getting off to a good start.

Ann: don't get cocky. With a soul like that, he's got more tricks up his sleeve.

Blackstar: Tsubaki, enchanted sword mode. Let's finish this guy off quickly.

Tsubaki: (shocked) but you still can't handle that one.

Blackstar: I just have to last for a few seconds, let's go!

Tsubaki: (determined) yeah, right!

She transforms, and Blackstar triggers Soul Resonance. For a moment, his strength increased, and he was close to defeating the man with one hit. Unfortunately, it was too much, and Blackstar passes out. Tsubaki changes back, and is immediately checking on him.

Tsubaki: I told you it was too much for you.

Soul: he didn't even last ten seconds.

Cole: guess it's still too overpowering for him.

Maka: Blackstar might be strong, all right, but he's still crazy.

Soul then goes in to attack and stabs the man, but there was no blood, and he didn't even reacted in pain. They then realize he's immortal and get away from an attack he was about deal. He then transforms into a werewolf, and they realize he was the legendary wolf-man, the one who stole the witch's eye. Maka and Soul get ready to fight, but when Soul transforms, her hands burn, causing her to drop her scythe. The wolf goes into attack, but Ann strikes him with her Harvester.

Ann: this isn't good. Cole, we're gonna need to step up.

Cole: that might be a problem.

They look to what Cole was gesturing to, and they look to see five armored knights with electric lances. What was interesting was that they weren't completely Kishin, but some form of experimental creatures. The two meisters were then forced to deal with them. Lucky for them, the werewolf was very rusty at this, as evidenced when he tired to fire a cannon, and instead stabbed himself with his own ice spike.

???: you meisters. The great Lord Death plays by his own rules. It's those rules that decide, what evil is.

Soul: what are you talking about?

???: you all follow the reaper so blindly. What gives him the right to decide how the world should be run? He trains you to hunt down souls he believes are unworthy. A soul like mine wouldn't be safe from him. But I for one am not going to accept that kind of future. I refuse! (Tries to punch Maka she dodged) it's my turn now. I'm going to be the judge. I'm not gonna play by his rules anymore.

She gets hit by a large snowball, sending her back. Maka struggled to get up, but she does, and tells Soul to change into scythe mode. Despite her hands burning again, she charges in for an attack. She gets a few hits, but is soon pushed back.

Maka: damn...

Soul: what are you doing? Calm down, take a breath.

Maka: stay out of it. I'm going to win, I refuse to let him defeat me!

Soul: don't be an idiot! If shouting like a spoiled brat made you stronger, everyone would do it!

Maka: shut up! It's because of you saying stuff like that that our wavelengths are out of sync. That's not cool Soul. It isn't cool at all!

In Soul's mind, he finds himself in a dark room with a small red demon in a suit. He's been having dreams about this ever since the battle with Crona. It was always him in a pinstripe suit with the demon dancing to jazz. But, this felt different.

Demon: gain power. I can show you how if you need.

Soul: shut your mouth, Maka! What do you even know anyway?!

Tsubaki: (angered) that is enough, you two!

Just with the tone of her voice, everyone stops what they're doing and look to Tsubaki. It was clear that before Ann and Cole came, Tsubaki was most likely the mature one of the group as she was one of the oldest.

Tsubaki: you guys are a team. You have to want to work together if you want to do anything. One person can't make a decision without the other. You decide together, and you fight together.

Soul: right, like Blackstar stops to consult you every time he's about to do something stupid?

Tsubaki: I'll admit Blackstar makes some dumb calls from time to time. The important thing is I'm here to back him up no matter how big of a fool he is. If we're fools, we're fools together. That's the kind of team we are.

Ann: (after a short moment) Cole...

Cole: yes Ann?

Ann: (points to Tsubaki) marry that girl.

Cole: (blushes) w-wha?

Maka's Thoughts: maybe Tsubaki's right. I want to become stronger, but there's no reason to have to do it alone. (Remembers Soul getting hurt) all I've been thinking about this whole time was catching up to Soul somehow. No matter how hot it gets, I'm not letting go. Soul and I are going to grow stronger together.

With this newfound motivation, Maka's soul starts to show, and the burning stops. A sign that their bond is being restored.

Soul: I don't get what you've been so worried about. I'm not even all that strong. If you're done telling me what to do, maybe we can work together now. (Finds himself back in the room with the demon) hey, demon guy. You can lead me wherever you want. Let's hear your plan, and we'll see whether I follow it.

Demon: in that case, come with me. Overwhelming madness and power await.

Soul: (scoffs) you got it.

Maka and Soul: let's go Soul Resonance!

Their souls begin to merge together causing their power to grow. But, something wasn't right. Maka starts feeling as if her soul was being devoured by Soul, and Doul in turn was feeling like his mind was going on auto pilot. Luckily, he stops himself and holds control over his mind. They then trigger Witch Hunter, and go to strike, only for the werewolf to block it with his tail. However, Maka doesn't back down, and uses enough force to slice the tail completely and slice the immortal's shoulder. To further take him down, Maka tosses Soul away and pushes the wolf off the bridge.

Tsubaki: Maka!

Soul: (transforms back) Maka!

Cole: Ann go! I'll finish these guys off!

Maka: down you go!

Soul grabs Maka's ankle to keep her from falling. But, the wolf grabs her with his elongated claws. The extra weight was being too much, causing Soul to start straining his hand to try and keep them from falling. Luckily, the werewolf's hand is sliced off by Tsubaki's throwing star form, and is then stabbed in the head by Ann's Harvester.

Blackstar: yahoo! It's a good thing I'm here to look out for you two.

With the fight over, Ann helps Soul pull Maka back up.

Soul: are you sure you're gonna be alright?

Maka: yeah I'm fine, thanks.

Soul: from the way your hands look, I'm guessing I'm the one on cooking duty for a while, huh?

Maka: (chuckles) that oughta be interesting.

Ann: good job, you two.

Maka: thanks Ann.

They also look to see that Cole finished killing the monsters, and was making his way to where Tsubaki and Blackstar were. Soul joins them, and Ann was about to go too, when she sees her sister coughing. She then notices Maka's expression when she looks at her hand.

Ann: hey, what's wrong?

Maka: I... don't know.

Ann looks at her hand, and she was surprised to see blood on Maka's palm. But, it's wasn't just blood that was concerning, but that fact that it was black.

Author's note: the story still lives!
Sorry I haven't updated this in a long time, but a few reasons for it 1) I was busy on my KH and RWBY books. 2) I'm still fresh from my vacation. And 3) I didn't know where to go. My biggest problem with this book unlike the others, is that I don't have a solid idea on where to go. Since I didn't start from the beginning unlike the other, I basically just kept playing around and trying to figure out how do I take this placement I'm at and modify it in a way that not only works for the story, but to make sure it's not completely copy and paste. Some suggestions are helpful, but don't try and control the story yourselves. Overall, I'm not abandoning anything, I'm just slow with this book.

Blair makes an appearance. She's not really one of my favorites, but she is a good background character.
Medusa's plotting. Her primary experiment will be Soul, but she does become intrigued by our two unique meisters.
Free's now in the game. He'll pretty much be the same as before, but will be surprised when he fights the duo.
Ann and Cole fought separate enemies. Reason why I did that is not only to have the characters still do their own path, but I don't want the group to become too reliant on the duo. There'll be more scenes like this to balance them out, and only really step up with the more extreme enemies.

Next chapter: the super test.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.4K 176 19
After the fall of Asura (Anime version), everyone is dealing with many situations in different ways: Old memories from his past haunt Death Scythe...
386 0 41
Welcome back! Follow the story of Siena Prati and Matteo Ferranti, a weapon and meister duo sent to assist the new temporary Headmaster of the DWMA...
145 6 14
Grim the Reaper is a notorious mass murderer in Japan who has been suspected of killing over a dozen people in the span of 4 years and successfully e...
231K 5.5K 25
Your name is, (Y/n) Thompson. You are the cousin of the two sisters Liz and Patty Thompson. Not too long ago you discovered you could turn into a wea...