The Mafia's Muse

By strawb3rryluv

๐—˜๐˜‚๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐—ฝ๐—ฒ- ๐—ข๐—ป๐—ฒ ๐—ผ๐—ณ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐—ป๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ฒ ๐—บ๐˜‚๐˜€๐—ฒ๐˜€. ๐—ฆ๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐˜„๐—ฎ๐˜€ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐—บ๐˜‚๐˜€๐—ฒ ๐—ผ๐—ณ ๐—บ๐˜‚๐˜€๐—ถ๐—ฐ ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐—ฑ... More

Author's Note
1. A Job
2. Birthday Gift
3. I Own You
4. She's Regular
5. The Vaughn's
6. Set Back
7. Avery's Emory
8. Your Uniform
9. Breaking In
10. The Club
11. That Window
12. Welcome Back
14. A Spy
15. White Only
16. Snipped Wings
17. The Girl
18. Her Screams
19. Desperate Attempt๏ฟผ๏ฟผ๏ฟผ๏ฟผ๏ฟผ๏ฟผ๏ฟผ
20. With Him
21. Day Off
22. The Pain
23. Completely Shattered
24. Middle Name
25. The Lies
26. Drowning Eyes
27. How Lame
28. Worst Enemy
29. Hamburger Helper
30. Spinning Rim
31. Blind Rage
32. A Father
33. Veggie Noodles
34. Milez High
35. Now Him

13. A Problem

5.6K 241 96
By strawb3rryluv

EUTERPE POV:

Driving back with Othello was pretty quiet for the most part but I wasn't worried. Although I knew they could hurt me I didn't care at that point. If they wanted to punish me for standing up for myself then it's whatever. That just goes to show how much I need to get out of this place sooner. It shows that they only care about appearances and nothing else which is ridiculous.

"Euterpe..." Othello glanced at me.

I turned my head to him.

He sighed, "I don't know what he said to you but it would be good to tell me now. I can help you." He spoke surely.

I turned my head away, he couldn't help me even if pigs could fly.

That day on the school trip was one of the worst days of my life but I did have much worse. The school trip was for a science class and we had to visit a laboratory with limited access. The assignment was to explore and write down what we saw in at least six different rooms and if it interested us or not. Damek happened to be my assigned partner and we hated each other. Mainly Damek because he wanted to be the king of the school but it was us. We didn't really talk the whole time, not like I could but just follow each other in random rooms. When we were almost done he choose the last room while I wasn't paying attention. After I walked in he shut the door and hit me on the head hard. I remember falling on the floor and he used his belt to tie me up. He hurt me in many ways and I... just wish I didn't have to remember it. Two weeks after that I went after Damek and he ended up in the hospital. I also did it then because I didn't have to see him again, Nolan said we were leaving and I didn't have a problem with it. Damek is a pig.

We arrived at their stupid home and before I could get out the door was ripped open and a hand grabbed me roughly. I scowled at Braxton but he glared back before literally dragging me.

"Braxton chill!" Othello yelled.

Braxton ignored him and tightened his grip.

"Brax, STOP!" Axton shouted running after us.

My jaw clenched from the pain but I wasn't going to give him the satisfaction. We were in the hall when I roughly pushed him away and his body moved into the wall. He hissed before glaring at me and moved to grab me again but I kicked him in the balls. He wheezed dropping to the floor and I turned walking away. The other two ran past me to help Braxton, he is a grown-ass man, he will be perfectly fine. I took my jacket off leaving me in my red long sleeve but felt a searing pain on my scalp and someone yanked my hair back. Fucking shit, I dropped my jacket and elbowed the person and turned to see Braxton with a red face.

"STOP IT BOTH OF YOU!" Othello stood between us.

I crossed my arms are glared very darkly at Braxton and saw a smidge of fear run over his face.

"Shut up Othello." Braxton hissed before pushing him away, "And you," he spat looking at me, "Quit your shit." And he grabbed my arm again.

He pulled me into the hall again and we went to what I assumed what was the room we first met in. I also guessed that this office belongs to Rydge and felt a bit of hated seeping through me. Braxton practically ripped the door off its hinges and pull me into the room further. I knew the other two were behind us and I saw the oldest three already waiting. Rydge was working on documents while Castriel was reading and Thorn was standing by the window. I lost my balance as Braxton shoved me into a chair and my elbow hit the corner of Rydge's desk. I felt my skin split open but immediately covered it with my hand. I saw a bit of blood on the desk but no one noticed so I stayed quiet.

"What took so long?" Rydge asked keeping his eyes on the papers, "Someone gave us trouble." Braxton spat. Rydge looked up at him, "I'm sure that statement is correct but from who exactly." He spoke so coldly he reminded me of Nolan.

I want to be with the boys. I hate this place. I hate them all. There was a silence throughout the room and Castriel put his book down before standing up and adjusted his sleeves. My elbow started stinging and I slightly tightened my grip obviously not paying attention to the current attention on myself.

"What was the one rule you had Euterpe?" Rydge leaned forward.

My eyes connected with his and I glared at him with all the hatred I had. He kept his face emotionless but I felt him trying to work something out.

"I want an answer." He gritted out venomously.

And I want to leave.

"All I asked was no dating no fighting. The first day of school and you already sent a student to the hospital!" He snarled, "To the hospital!" He repeated, "I want to know why you think you could go around sending someone you don't even know to the hospital! He is just some random kid and now he's been hospitalized because you couldn't control your temper. Now tell me what he did that was so bad you had to act." He narrowed his eyes.

I turned my chin not wanting to answer him, he doesn't know shit. A hand grabbed my face roughly and I glared at him.

"Answer the fucking question." Braxton growled, "I will not hesitate to get the answer if you won't speak willingly." Braxton hissed darkly.

Thorn grabbed his wrist, "What the hell did I tell you Braxton?! Let her go now." He snarled.

"Back off." Braxton gritted out.

"Calm down now!" Castriel commanded.

Axton scoffed, "Braxton just a fucking asshole as usual!"

Braxton punched Axton in the face and for some reason, all of them except Rydge started fighting. I watched as fists flew in every direction but I felt eyes burning into me.

"Enough." An extremely deep voice spoke.

The boys froze and my head snapped to Rydge but he was just staring at me. It wasn't him who spoke... I saw the boys push away from each other and lean against the wall quietly.

"He didn't deserve that." Rydge leaned forward again.

I let go of my elbow forgetting about the blood, "You know nothing. Damek deserves more if you ask me but obviously, my opinion isn't valued." I signed calmly.

"Euterpe where is that blood from?" Thorn paled a bit.

"I am covered in blood. Be more specific." I rolled my eyes.

Damek was just a bleeder apparently.

"Your hands." Castriel frowned.

I shrugged covering my elbow again which didn't go unnoticed and Castriel walked over. He pried my hand away and turned my arm slightly before seeing my blood-soaked sleeve. Thorn gasped and ran over before moving the open fabric to see the gash.

"Who did this?" His eyes darkened.

I pushed both of them off and looked at Rydge, "I think it's best if I leave." I stood up.

"Yeah because you're nothing but a fucking problem ever since you came here." Braxton spat.

I rolled my eyes slightly and tapped the desk where my blood was, "I hate you too." I signed and his eyes dulled a bit.

"Wait, he did that?" Castriel asked quietly.

My head turned to Rydge and I squinted at him before leaving the room.

I fucking hate that family.

"There you go. Good as new." Jensen smiled.

Jensen came in my room a few minutes ago with a first aid kit so that meant they sent him. He didn't say much and I sat there just waiting for him to finish already. I wanted to be alone but am I ever actually alone here? For all I know there could be hidden cameras all around this place.

"Would you like me to send up some food?" He asked politely.

I frowned and shook my head before pouting to the bed and he gave me a sad smile. This time he didn't say anything and walked out shutting the door quietly behind him.

I heard a noise from the bathroom and walked in to see hotdog sitting in the sink. I narrowed my eyes at the raccoon and looked around, how the hell does it keep getting in? I only said it because I didn't want to assume genders, that's rude.

My eyes went back to the raccoon and I slowly walked over with my hand up. Hotdog looked at my hand at slowly moved its head towards me. I gently stroked it's head and picked the raccoon up gently before walking to the tub. I put a little warm water at the bottom and placed hotdog in. Hotdog immediately started rolling around and I was genuinely surprised it liked baths. I dropped a bit of shampoo on hotdogs back and it lathered up as the raccoon rolled around. I finally caught a glimpse of the undercarriage and cringed, yup hotdog is a boy. I turned the water on barely and a small stream of water came out. I rinsed the little guy off before grabbing a towel and took him to the counter. I looked through the drawers and found a hair drying before plugging it in. I didn't want to hurt the guy so I used cool air to help dry him faster. He put his face in from of the air and his teeth showed as his skin went up a bit. I shook my head and finished up before helping him to the window.

"Sorry, you can't stay hotdog but come if you want another bath," I whispered.

Hotdog jumped down and ran into the woods before I shut and locked the window. I went to grab my phone off my desk when I saw another envelope. I glanced around before grabbing it and slowly willed myself to open it.

Raven,

You looked quite delectable today and especially hot when you were beating up that kid. However, I wasn't very fond of you on top of him. You may be safe for now but when I finally have you, you will definitely be punished. Until then, I have these to keep me sane.

I looked at the two pictures in the envelope with the note and closed my eyes tightly. One was this morning when I was with the boys and one at school during class with the boys in both pictures as well.

Why can't he leave me alone? Why isn't he dead? I watched him die as Nolan killed him but yet here is he tormenting me. He is coming for me and unlike Nolan, I knew that no one could help me. Nolan believed that he could handle it, that he could protect me, but only because I was his. Nolan killed him in front of me but the job obviously wasn't finished. It was all his fault, it is always his fault. It all leads back to him, back to Nolan, everything is his fault- along with Avery's.

Maybe I could end this now...

The hatred, the pain, all of it.

I walked into the bathroom and opened the top right drawer before taking out a razor. I opened it and popped out a blade before gazing at it in my open palm. My teeth latched onto my bottom lip as I contemplated my options. If I did it then the Vaughn's would have a 'problem' to deal with and my best friends would be safe. They could live the life they dreamed of without having to feel like they owe me for saving them. This way they could be happy and not worry about their families, about me. I took a deep breath and lifted the favor before hovering over my wrists.

It is what is best for everyone...

I should do it.

My hand slowly went down and the blade was barely an inch away from my pale skin. My phone rang and I jumped looking around slowly. I set the blade down and looked at the caller ID before answering.

"Whatever you are doing, stop it!" August panicked.

I hummed in confusion, "You know that we can feel when you are going to do something stupid! And I felt my heart drop Euterpe! What the fuck are you doing?" He yelled.

I sighed, "Nothing," I mumbled quietly.

"Did they hurt you?! What happened? I know you were doing something!" He rambled.

I heard Miles in the background yelling something as well but just sighed again. I walked to the bed and sat down listening to them ramble about me not being careful.

"There was another note," I commented distractedly.

"What?!" August screeched.

I bit my lip, "Yeah, I just thought..."

"Stop," Miles spoke up, "We know what you thought and I am upset with you. You promised you would never leave us and you tried." I could feel the disappointment.

I nodded even though no one could see, "I know," my voice cracked, "But I just... I need you two to be safe. You're not safe around me, you're not." I covered my mouth.

"We don't care about that," August said softly, "All that matters is you and us... together. If we are in danger then so fucking what. Just like you, we can take care of ourselves. Please don't try to leave us again. It would ruin us, you're our best friend." He whispered into the phone.

"I'm sorry." A tear ran down my cheek.

"We know babe, just get some rest okay?" Miles cooed.

I wiped my face, "Okay, see you tomorrow." I whispered before hanging up.

I ran my hand through my hair multiple times before looking at the blade again. It was so far yet, so close as well. I shook my head... you promised Euterpe.

There was a knock at the door but I didn't bother getting up, I didn't do anything at all. I kept my eyes on the blade in the bathroom and my leg bounced faster with each moment. I heard the door open and slightly shifted my vision to the bathroom floor.

"Euterpe,"

I saw six pairs of feet as I glanced over which meant that all of them were in here. I wanted to groan but instead I just moved my eyes back to the marbled bathroom floor.

"We wanted to come talk to you about today." Rydge grabbed my desk chair and sat in front of me, "If you tell us the truth then you won't get in trouble." He tried to persuade me.

My hand slid off my lap and I heard a crinkle but before they could see I shifted over. I was now sitting on the envelope and two pictures but I saw Rydge narrowed his eyes at the bed.

"I would just like to know what my punishment is already." I signed slowly.

Castriel frowned, "You rather take punishment than tell us the truth about what happened? You don't want to explain?" He asked baffled.

I shook my head.

"Why not?" Axton's eyebrows furrowed.

I shrugged, "What happened is between Damek and myself. I'm a teenager, I'm allowed to have secrets just as you do." I titled my chin defensively.

"Our secrets don't get us almost expelled from school." Othello crossed his arms.

Almost?!

Castriel caught my slight frown, "Did you try to get yourself expelled?" He gaped.

I sniffed crossing my arms, I mean... it wouldn't have been the worst thing if I was expelled.

"Are you serious?" Thorn gaped as well.

I'm glad to know they like to jump to conclusions, it is a good thing to know. Along with the fact that Braxton is the drama queen asshole of the world.

"I had to have a chat with the headmaster." Rydge spoke up again, "We kept your name as it was and he was going to expel you until he found out you're in my care." He lightly grunted, "Instead he suggested that you visit him tomorrow in his office, along with those friends of yours. He said he will give you a chance to explain and if you don't tell the truth then he will remove you from school." He said gruffly.

oooh, perfect.

"But I own the school so you can see where I had a bit of persuasion..." he trailed off.

Aww- damn.

"You are still to meet with him tomorrow. As for your punishment, seeing as it was your first time I do hope you learn from it. If this happens again I can assure you that the outcome won't be pleasant." He lightly threatened.

My eyes went back to the blade and I heard him talking again but who cares. What kind of 'brothers' are these dudes trying to be? The most hated kind? I have absolutely nothing to say to them. They have just proven that I could never trust them, that we could never be family, that I need to leave.

So it's either two weeks and I'm gone or take the other road out right now. I know I promised but I'm sure one day they would forgive me.

"Understand?"

I shrugged and looked back at the blade someone stepped in front of me. I lightly sneered before looking up at Othello who had a concerned face.

"Why do you keep looking at that blade?" He knelt down in front of me, "Are you hurting yourself?" He whispered.

I gave him a 'go away' look but he moved closer to me making my breathing pick up slightly. The others had heard him and turned to see the blade on the sink counter.

"I don't want you to lie to me Euterpe, are you hurting yourself?" He asked again.

I pushed him away, "Please answer." Axton looked at me with sad eyes.

I almost faltered but caught myself before keeping my blank face. A hand reached out for my wrist but I caught their wrist instead. My eyes met Rydge's and I glared at him while tightening my grip.

Do not touch me, I spoke through my eyes.

His whole aura darkened but a beep went off from his phone. I let go and his head slightly turned to the left while the others watched him patiently. I saw his face slightly scrunch but went blank before looking at me again.

"Get to bed, you had a long day." He said emotionlessly standing up, "And, remember what I said." He walked out with the others following one by one behind him.

Braxton was the last one in the room but he didn't move with the others. He just stood there running his eyes over me with a weird face. He suddenly locked eyes with mine and took small steps towards the bed. His hand shot out and grabbed my face again but this time his grip was worse than last time. I felt his short nails dig into my skin and if he tightened his hold anymore I would have crescent marks along my jaw.

"I don't know what you're trying to do but I'm not falling for it. You're hiding something and as soon as I figure it out, you're over." He whispered, "You're not my sister, you're not part of the family, and you will never be," he spat, "The only reason you're here is out of pity so don't forget it. You have nothing and no one. It will always be that way. Always." He roughly pushed my head back.

He waited for me to reply but I just turned my head and sat patiently. He grunted lowly, mad that I didn't fight with him, and stomped out of the room. I slowly got up and locked the door before slowly sliding down against it.

My eyes went to my bathroom but I frowned noticing that the blade was gone. I guess one of them took it while I was distracted and I cursed hitting my head on the door.

I know that I have no one, I know I never had a family, that I will never have one but I didn't need to be reminded. He acts like I don't know people don't love me, that no one in my life has ever wanted me. I know, believe me. I knew it wouldn't be different with them either but I sort of hoped it would be more like we ignored each other.

But just like Nolan said,

I was just a problem,

And they agreed.

~~~~~~~~~~
A/N

Hey cuties, so I'm sorry!!! I'm trying to get my work done as fast as I can so I can go back to updating regularly but ahrgajahowana! Two of my classes are literally just pure writing assignments and I have like four essays a week, sometimes more! I know school is important blah blah but I hate updating weirdly. It feels dumb. Anyways I guess... do your work- oof the irony. Also, stay safe and love you, see you soon!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

178K 3.7K 27
I walked out of my room and closed the door. I started to go downstairs where I could hear my siblings talking. I was almost to the stairs when I hea...
6.3M 163K 101
Carlotta Angela Vasiliev is a 17 year old girl living with her adoptive Russian mafia family of 4 brothers and father. Ever since she was a child, sh...
1M 31.8K 80
Being alone? Check. Being afraid? Check. Being abused? Check times 3. Honestly, my life wasn't this bad before, not until I ended in foster care... S...
Resilience By Swati

Teen Fiction

4.7M 135K 88
[COMPLETED] "Life doesn't get easier or more forgiving, we get stronger and more resilient." โ€• Steve Maraboli She has experienced more pain in her 15...