Stop | HyunIn

By knzhgts

Hyunjin is a heartless bully, who doesn't consider anyone a friend. Jeongin is just one quiet student, who d... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
THE END!!!
New book!

9

6.8K 301 587
By knzhgts

Jeongin felt light headed the moment he stepped into school. It took so much effort to take just one step. He had to endure. What else could he do?

He felt a pang of guilt when he saw Seungmin. Despite the cuts and bruises over his face, he was still smiling and conversing, happily.

Jisung noticed how tired and clearly ill Jeongin was. He put a hand on his shoulder.

"Are you ok?" He asked, quietly so as to not disturb the other two who were in a heated debate over whether dogs or cats were cuter. "Do you want to go to the nurse?"

Jeongin shook his head. There was no point in bothering the nurse because he had a headache. He felt uncomfortable around nurses and doctors anyways.

"I'm just gonna go and wash my face."

"I'll come with you."

Jisung led him to the nearest bathroom. Jeongin splashed the cold water on his face and sighed, deeply.

"Is anything wrong?" Jisung asked, cautiously.

"I'm just... stressed." Jeongin replied. It was partially true.

"Is it because of Hyunjin?" Jisung whispered. Jeongin felt a lump in his throat as he contemplated whether or not he could confide in Jisung. Eventually, taking a deep breath he began.

"I feel so guilty." He muttered. "Did you see Seungmin's face? It's all my fault. I shouldn't have provoked Hyunjin the second I got here. I... I shouldn't have come here at all."

"Nothing's your fault, Jeongin." Jisung frowned, as he placed a hand on Jeongin's shoulder, assuringly. "Hyunjin has always been-"

"No, he hasn't!" Jeongin cried. "He never used to be this... this bully. This bad guy. And it's my fault that he is now."

Jisung could tell that it wasn't best to continue asking questions, so he stayed silent.

"You go ahead, I'll see you after class." Jeongin mumbled, holding his head in his hands. Jisung nodded and left, silently.

Jeongin looked at himself in the mirror. He looked like a ghost; his eyes were dark and hollow, and his cheeks were sullen. He had lost so much weight in the past few days, he looked as if he would shatter at the slightest touch.

He gathered himself together and decided to go to class, until he heard a flush and froze. In the mirror he saw the reflection of Hyunjin coming out of a cubicle. Jeongin gulped and tried to walk out, as if he hadn't seen anyone.

Hyunjin grabbed his wrist, roughly.

"Stop hanging around with those losers, Jeongin." He said, simply.

"What? Why?" Jeongin felt anger build up inside him. Who did he think he was to be telling Jeongin who to be friends with? "That's none of your concern. Don't act like you care; you threw our friendship away a long time ago."

"Just trust me on this one."

"Trust you?" Jeongin asked, incredulously. "Ha! Why would I ever make the mistake of trusting you again?"

"Sometimes being too brave is the problem, Jeongin." He sighed. "You can't be their hero."

"What? Are you asking me to make it easier for you to make their lives hell?" He asked. 

"No I-"

"Let me ask you something." Jeongin interrupted. "Have you seen Seungmin today? At all? I don't think so. But let me tell you that I have seen him and he looks like shit. He can barely open one eye. Don't you feel bad? Don't you regret anything? Why the hell are you even like this?" Jeongin's voice grew louder and louder with each sentence.

Hyunjin was speechless. His calm eyes suddenly darkened. He grabbed Jeongin by the collar and Jeongin held his breath expecting the worst.

"Don't say I didn't warn you."

And with that he left.

Hyunjin walked faster and faster down the corridor, his blood boiling. That worthless gay had the audacity to ask him questions like that? Hyunjin honestly couldn't fathom how they used to be friends once. What even made him care about that loser?

His mind flipped back to Jeongin's conversation with Jisung. Was he really making Jeongin feel guilty? He scoffed as he continued walking around the whole school, taking as much time possible before going late to class.

Despite what Jeongin had said, he found Jisung waiting in the next corridor for him.

"I'm sorry. I know you told me to go ahead to class but I was worried and-" he rambled. Jeongin stopped him with a weak smile. Jisung grinned and held an arm around Jeongin's shoulder, steering them in the direction of class. They didn't talk much, Jeongin was too exhausted.

While looking down at his feet as he walked, Jisung bumped into Minho. Jeongin quickly check if Jisung was ok, before noticing Minho's death glare. And, to Jeongin's surprise, Jisung glared right back and said,  "Get out of my way." Before pushing past and leaving Minho absolutely speechless. Jeongin laughed, amazed and then followed Jisung.

It seemed as if what they had talked about the other day helped him out a bit. Jeongin was glad that he could be that friend who helped others out, unlike before. He was always the one being helped.

He caught up to Jisung and put an arm around his shoulder.

"Jisung!" He exclaimed. "You were so cool back there!" Jisung exhaled.

"Really?" He put a shaking hand on his chest, and felt his heart beating rapidly. "I was so close to wetting myself."

Jeongin laughed, his mood brightening as they went into their class 30 mins late.

He and Jisung were the first to reach the cafeteria, so they found a table and chatted while waiting for the others. Soon enough, they were joined by Seungmin and a very annoyed Felix, who slammed his hands down on the table as he sat.

"I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say something's bothering you." Jeongin said, as Jisung sniggered.

"It's that creepy Changbin kid!" He yelled. "He keeps staring at me, weirdly."

"Felix I told you, it's probably just your imagination." Seungmin sighed.

"No! Even yesterday-" Suddenly he stopped and hid behind Jeongin's shoulder.

"What are you- ouch! Felix!" Jeongin cried, as Felix held him tighter.

"Has he seen me?" Felix whispered.

Jeongin sighed and looked at Changbin, who, in fact, was staring at Felix. He didn't have an expression on his face, he was just... staring. Jeongin finally understood what Felix was creeped out by.

Changbin continued staring in their direction, until his attention was diverted to Hyunjin.

Felix came out from behind Jeongin and said, proudly, "I told you!"

The others looked at Jeongin for confirmation and he nodded. They all exchanged looks before Jisung spoke up.

"You guys know what this means?" He said, grinning.

"He likes youuuu!" They all said in unison.

"What! Ew no!" Felix yelled, turning red.

"He's blushing!" Seungmin teased.

They spent majority of their lunch break teasing Felix who was getting really frustrated, but in a cute way. Jeongin felt glad to be laughing so much. 

But his happiness was short lived when he realised that he had maths last period. He didn't want to see Hyunjin's stupid face, or hear his stupid voice. No, he thought, why did he have to ruin my good mood?

Keeping that thought in mind, he bid farewell to his friends and went to his maths class, where he sat down and got out all his stuff. His books, pens and homework were set out on the desk nicely.

He was doodling a little flower on the corner of a piece of paper, until a shadow was cast over him. Or should he say Hyunjin's shadow. Jeongin didn't bother looking up.

"I didn't do the homework." He said.

"So?"

"So," Hyunjin moved closer, lowering his voice. "Give me yours."

"And why would I do that?" Jeongin scoffed, not sparing Hyunjin a glance.

Hyunjin took a deep breath.

"Fine." He snatched Jeongin's homework sheet from his desk. Jeongin tried to snatch it back, but he was too slow. He stood up.

"Hyunjin, give it back."

"No," replied Hyunjin simply. "I warned you." He ripped the paper down the middle. The. Again. And again. And again. And again.

Jeongin stood there, wide eyed as he watched the pieces of his homework fall to the ground.

Hyunjin put a hand on his shoulder.

"Pick them up for me, will you?"

Since it's been a while, I decided to give yall a longer chapter! 🤗
But what do you think Jeongin will do now?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

176K 6.5K 40
han jisung, a freak experiment, finds his safe place with lee minho, a gang member. but not all is as it seems. top ! minho bottom ! jisung hybrid...
166K 6.2K 67
[COMPLETED: UNEDITED VERSION!] Han Jisung, a sophomore in college. His living arrangement is a predicament he didn't anticipate, living with 7 other...
29.4K 1.2K 43
-β˜†- Dear Journal... Everyone has a different love story, but what is mine? -β˜†- Sometimes, the universe decides that it would be a great idea to pu...
296K 15.8K 43
In which the lonely and invisible Seungmin left a note in his favorite book on the school's library, hoping to make a friend. In which the most popul...