The Monster Hero

By EllaToungette

In this mixed up world, there are Wolfums and Humans. Wolfums and Humans are enemies, trying to outdo each ot... More

Chapter 1 - Born
Chapter 2 - Oh Boy
Chapter 3 - Slash
Chapter 4 - Why
Chapter 5 - Answers
Chapter 6 - Running
Chapter 7 - Scared
Chapter 8 - Attack
Chapter 9 - Escape Route
Chapter 10 - Red
Chapter 11 - Trust
Chapter 12 - Traps
Chapter 13 - Out of the Woods
Chapter 15 - On the Run
Chapter 16 - Tomorrow
Chapter 17 - Food
Chapter 18 - I'm Back
Chapter 19 - Stay
Chapter 20 - Elliot to the Rescue
Chapter 21 - Thinking
Chapter 22 - Back
Chapter 23 - Elliot
Chapter 24 - Over the River
Chapter 25 - Tree Fort
Chapter 26 - Ruins
Chapter 27 - Burn
Chapter 28 - Back Home
Chapter 29 - Manu
Chapter 30 - Fred
Chapter 31 - Together
Chapter 32 - Map
Chapter 33 - Not the Wizard
Chapter 34 - Where's Abby
Chapter 35 - The First Battle, Pt. 1
Chapter 36 - The First Battle, Pt. 2
Chapter 37 - War?
Chapter 38 - Tavern
Chapter 39 - The Dark Clearing Battle
Chapter 40 - After Party, Pt. 1
Chapter 41 - After Party, Pt. 2
Alternate Ending

Chapter 14 - No

3 0 0
By EllaToungette

"Can we-"

"No," I answer before the soldier even finishes his sentence.

I go back to sifting through the remains of the village. I step back from the house. Everyone is looking for stuff worth keeping. As I walk past a particular house, I catch a particular smell. I've smelled thousands of times. I go up and smell around.

"Hey! Get over here, sir!" yells a soldier from behind me.

I turn around and I see what the soldier found. It is a man. An alive man. I step over an ugly dead man in a Kiss t-shirt, on my way over. When I step in front of the man, he looks up, terrified.

"Hello," I say with a smile.

The man passes out. I snort.

"Kill him when he wakes up. He's of no use to me," I say, as I turn back toward the house with the scent.

A little while later someone walks over to where I'm standing.

"Sir?" says a soldier, "He's awake, and we want to know if you would want to kill him."

I turn around. I grab the soldier's sword, then I march up to the man. He is on his knees, shaking like it was winter. I raise the sword. Right before I swing, a soldier stops me.

"Sir, there is something in the woods. Do you want to check it out?"

I sigh. The sword drops to the ground with a clank. Everyone else jumps back. I walk over to the soldier.

He straightens up and says, "Some men were walking around the perimeter when they heard a rustling sound. They didn't know what it was, so I came to you."

I sigh.

"Do me a favor and stop talking, now," I say, startling the soldier.

He shuts his trap and we keep walking. Some soldiers are peering into the forest when we walk over. I push them away. I sniff the air for a scent. I catch one, but it isn't one I expect. I follow it away from the soldiers over to a patch of ferns.

"Sir? We heard it and saw it over here," says one of the soldiers.

I go back over to them and say, "Did you catch a scent?"

They nod.

"Rabbit and Wolf," they say.

I sigh. They smelled a rabbit running away from a wolf. Then I catch the scent again. It is the same scent from the house. The same scent I hated for years. The scent of a brother. The scent of Elliott.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

205 1 11
A baby was left behind after a long war between Frost creatures and humans. A king took him in and took care of him with his other son, being that bo...
242 112 21
!!!Read whole description please for warning at the end!!! Another Au, where Damien is just the adopted child of a farmer, and is only about 17. Dani...
7 4 7
In a world hidden from humans, where mythical creatures come to life and live in harmony with mythical plants, there are two brothers.A brother of cr...
893 32 15
All I wanted was to help. I didn't expect to discover a world of non-humans. I have enough to juggle between going through medical school and work to...