Chapter 41 - After Party, Pt. 2

"Mom?"

"Just a second, Slash. I'm teaching Elliott to walk."

I feel rejected.

"You still aren't living up to your brother's standards. You are a failure."

"Don't worry about him. I'll talk to him. You need to know that you aren't a failure. You're an amazing son. Never doubt that."

I feel hurt. I feel...Burnt? I jolt, electricity crackles under my skin, and my eyes pop open. I pick my head up to look around. I'm on a hill in a clearing. My whole body burns. I set my head back down. Now I remember. Elliott, the battle, the lightning.

I look down at my body. My whole body is burnt. My skin is dark right now. I stand up. I look over at the lights that are coming for a town in the distance.

"I'm coming for you, Elliott," I say.

I try to walk gracefully down the hill, headed away from Elliott, which is kinda hard after you've been struck by lightning. I fall down the hill, which only makes my injures worse. I limp away.

Plans of revenge were already formulating in my mind. I will get my revenge on Elliott. He is the one to blame for all of this. He is the reason I am burned, rejected, hurt, and thinking of revenge. Out of all those, the only one I like is the revenge.

I growl. A few steps later, I collapse. All the better. I can focus on revenge instead of watching where my painful steps are.

Revenge. Revenge. Revenge. Tiredness. Revenge. Pain. Revenge. Elliott. Revenge. Holly. Revenge. Home. Revenge. Manu. Revenge. Louis. Revenge. Mom. Revenge. All things that matter. Revenge.