Chapter 39 - The Dark Clearing Battle

"Sir, are you sure he's going to come?" Louis asks.

"Yes. I know Elliott will come. He's my brother," I say.

Louis nods. I watch the clearing carefully. I can't see over the big hill so I'm up in a tree. I see something moving in the trees just beyond the clearing. Elliott. I jump down the tree and land on the ground.

"Get ready. He's here," I say.

A soldier snorts. I look at him.

"Don't underestimate Elliott or his army. His last army killed my entire army."

The soldier gulps. I face the clearing again. Elliott emerges. Following in his wake are a bunch of thugs. How he got them on his side is beyond me. I raise a closed fist. My army prepares themselves. I release my fist at the same time that Elliott raises his sword.

Our armies charge at each other, just like last time. They clash, just like last time. I just hope the ending isn't like last time. Elliott is on the hill, searching for me. I pull out my sword.

Boom. It starts to rain. No, correction. It starts to storm. I charge through the fray and up the hill. Elliott blocks just in time.

"You think you can beat me?" I hiss at Elliott.

We are both getting drenched, and parts of the hill are turning to mud.

"You're nothing. You have no purpose."

Elliott's eyes turn to solid stone.

"No. You're wrong. I have a purpose. My purpose is to fight villains, like you," Elliott says.

"I'm not the villain, you are. You took away mom's attention. You took away my whole world when you were born. Everything is your fault. You are and always will be the villain!" I scream.

The storm rages louder around us. The lightning reaches down and picks some people up and kills them. I look up. Elliott is coming at my side. I block. The force of his blow knocks me down.

As he brings his sword over his head, preparing to make the final blow, lightning heads straight toward the hill. Elliott rolls down the hill to get out of the way. The lightning hits me. I hear gasps. Everyone stops fighting. I hurt all over. Then, my heart stops beating.