The Monster Hero

By EllaToungette

In this mixed up world, there are Wolfums and Humans. Wolfums and Humans are enemies, trying to outdo each ot... More

Chapter 1 - Born
Chapter 2 - Oh Boy
Chapter 3 - Slash
Chapter 4 - Why
Chapter 6 - Running
Chapter 7 - Scared
Chapter 8 - Attack
Chapter 9 - Escape Route
Chapter 10 - Red
Chapter 11 - Trust
Chapter 12 - Traps
Chapter 13 - Out of the Woods
Chapter 14 - No
Chapter 15 - On the Run
Chapter 16 - Tomorrow
Chapter 17 - Food
Chapter 18 - I'm Back
Chapter 19 - Stay
Chapter 20 - Elliot to the Rescue
Chapter 21 - Thinking
Chapter 22 - Back
Chapter 23 - Elliot
Chapter 24 - Over the River
Chapter 25 - Tree Fort
Chapter 26 - Ruins
Chapter 27 - Burn
Chapter 28 - Back Home
Chapter 29 - Manu
Chapter 30 - Fred
Chapter 31 - Together
Chapter 32 - Map
Chapter 33 - Not the Wizard
Chapter 34 - Where's Abby
Chapter 35 - The First Battle, Pt. 1
Chapter 36 - The First Battle, Pt. 2
Chapter 37 - War?
Chapter 38 - Tavern
Chapter 39 - The Dark Clearing Battle
Chapter 40 - After Party, Pt. 1
Chapter 41 - After Party, Pt. 2
Alternate Ending

Chapter 5 - Answers

3 1 0
By EllaToungette

I wake up to a bang at my door.

"Slash! Slash! Slash! Open up! I know you're in there 'cause you never come out!"

I roll over and try to block out the banging.

"Slash!"

I look up at the ceiling. The banging continues; so, I get up and lumber to the door. When I open it, I see Elliott looking at me with his hands behind his back, feet together, no smile, and his eyes pinned on me.

"What do you want?" I drone, while slumping my shoulders.

"Answers," is all Elliott says back.

He pushes past me and enters my room. He walks around looking at things, like he is an inspector. He stops and stares at the picture of Mom for a few minutes. Then he walks to the middle of my room and stares at me, again.

I'm still at the door watching him. He clears his throat and looks at me again, expectedly.

"Why are you staring at me like that?" I ask.

"Answers," Elliott says again.

"What do you mean answers?" I asked.

"Answers."

"You're gonna have to tell me what answers you're looking for before I answer," I snap. I can feel myself getting irritated.

There are a few moments of silence.

"Why do you hate me so much?" Elliott suddenly asks.

I look taken back. I never expected that question.

"Why do you hate me so much?" Elliott repeats.

"I don't know," I manage to say.

"You do know. You have to know why you hate someone or you're just a random hater. Why do you hate me so much?"Elliott snaps back.

That answer slaps me in the face.

Once again, I answer, "I don't know."

Elliott huffs, "Fine. If you don't want to tell the brother you hate so much, don't tell. I came here looking for answers, not an 'I don't know' party! It is obvious you won't tell me and you never wanted to see me again, so goodbye, forever."

I'm still standing by the door, staring at him. He storms across the room and elbows his way out the door. He slams it on my back. Then everything is quiet once more.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

486 43 20
This is my first story so yeah... And don't steal my story. I worked hard on it. All Rights Reserved. What the book is about... Sometimes there are t...
31 0 18
The vast and magnificent boundless starry realm, where the branches of the World Tree are sufficient to obscure countless planes, the fear of the Nig...
97 37 5
The first book of the Magical World series! Life is truly strange. If you try to lose hope, life sometimes gives you new hopes, and sometimes takes m...
402 30 31
Hey everybody, welcome to Volume 2 of "The Troubled Soul". I just want to thank all the people who read my story. I honestly love making this story a...