Pretend You're Mine

By goldenpup45

Rhian Ramos. The girl who has it all. Brains, beauty, luxuries... you name it. She is respected by all becaus... More

Author's Note
01 : The Two Rivals
02 : Partners
03 : Childhood Friend
04 : Mistake
05 : Guilt
06 : Change in Attitude
07 : Reconcile
08 : Unfair
09 : Proposal
10 : Will You Be My Girlfriend?
11 : Invitation
12 : Get Together with Friends
13 : Meeting of the Two Groups
14 : Surprises
15 : Unsure
16 : Moving In
17 : Interrogation
18 : Official
19 : Books and Banters
20. Horseback Riding
21 : Mr. Ramos' Tasks
22 : Lunch with the Ventura's
23 : Feelings?
24 : Attention
25 : Wedding Plans
26 : Waffle For Your Thoughts
27 : Opening Up
28 : Glaiza's Birthday
29 : Role Playing Game
30 : Chilling
31 : The Kiss
33 : Fiesta Fiasco (Part 1)
34 : Fiesta Fiasco (Part 2)
35 : Already Safe
36 : Confession
37 : Confuse
38 : Misunderstanding
39 : Spy
40 : Jealous
41 : Distracting Thoughts
42 : Half Feelings
43 : Sudden Changes
44 : I Love You
45 : Goodbye
46 : Marriage-Free
47 : Acceptance
48 : Tease
49 : Bliss
50 : Lifetime
Author's Note

32 : Thoughts are Swimming

483 21 2
By goldenpup45

Ever get that feeling when you think of a particular memory, you get all confused as to why that said memory happened? Even though you replayed it over and over through your mind? And you tried to forget about it but it just won't?

Well, that's exactly what Glaiza's been feeling.

She's currently sitting by the chair on their terrace, gazing at the scenery across from her. No matter how hard she tries, her mind kept replaying back to the kiss she had with Rhian two days ago. She really didn't know what came over her and confidently said that she'll kiss the girl in front of Jason, and then going through with it... Well, maybe because of the pressure Jason put to her that led her to that decision. Oh, and partly because of her gut instinct.

Anyway, what really surprises her was  during the kiss part. Her initial plan was to just make it short and brief... But it was quickly forgotten as soon as Rhian's lips were on hers. Absentmindedly, Glaiza's hands went to her lips, feeling that same tingling feeling she felt through the kiss. It had only increased when she remembered how Rhian's lips started moving against her. How the short-haired girl's thoughts and senses shut down that very moment, as she savored the warm, soft lips pressing on hers. She couldn't bring herself to stop, and even caressed the girl's cheeks. When Rhian's hand went to her waist pulling her closer, and putting slight force on their kiss, Glaiza swore she would've let out a moan, if she didn't pull away. Which was hard, because honestly, she didn't want the kiss to end.

She didn't know why, but it had brought an unexplainable feeling inside her stomach... But surprisingly, it wasn't a bad feeling. Ever since that day, she was more aware of Rhian's presence and her actions. Especially her looks. Sometimes, she found herself staring at the girl and just gazing at her features. Her eyes most of the times landed on the girl's lips and couldn't help at the thought of wanting to feel it agai-

"Babe? are you still there?"

The short-haired girl flinch in surprise and held the device firmly on her ear, realizing that she was still on the phone with Ben.

"Uhm... yeah. Yeah, I'm still here." Glaiza answered.

"Okay, well, I should hang up now, my practice starts any minute now. I had a great talk Glaiza. I'll see you in a few days babe, okay?"

"Oh uh, yeah. See you." Glaiza says before the line hanged up.

She mentally curse herself for letting her thoughts wander while Ben was talking. Too much, that she doesn't even know what their talk was about. She sighs before shaking her head to pull herself together.

A knock on the door was heard before Julie-Anne's head pop inside. "Hey, you busy?"

"No, come on in." Glaiza says, making her way over to the bed and plopping herself on it. "What's up?"

"Do you have any plans for today?" Julie-Anne started.

Glaiza gave a thoughful look. "Not that I could think of. Why?"

"Remember the day you cancelled the guys' trip to the beach, to help Rhian make parade floats?"

"Oh yeah, that was a long 1-hour drive of convincing them. Good thing I wore them down." Glaiza smiled at the memory of the guys' pissed looks as they argued.

"Well, they want to get through with it now, since all the parade floats are ready. They felt bad for excluding us, so they asked us to join them. Other girls already approve and Lovi even suggested that we visit this cool waterfalls here in this town, that apparently she and Rhian used to go when they were young. So what do you say? You in?" Julie-Anne explained.

"Hell yeah, I am!" Glaiza exclaimed which brought a smile on Julie-Anne's face.

"That's good... but we have a teeny problem though. Rhian's pretty reluctant to go. In case you don't know, she's quite the perfectionist, so she opt to stay and make final touches to the parade floats, even though they look amazing as fuck. We tried convincing her, but she was adamant in staying in." Julie-Anne sighs. "So, I thought that maybe you could persuade her into coming? Lord knows she needed to relax after all the work she'd done."

"Yeah, sure. I'll talk to her." Glaiza agreed before Julie-Anne left to pack, just like the others.

The short-haired girl went downstairs and straight to the backyard, where she found the rich girl sitting on a small chair, arranging the blue ribbons hanging on the edges of the trailers.

"Didn't Chynna and Lovi finished that already yesterday?" Glaiza says as she stand beside the girl.

"Yeah, but I'm having my tweaks." Rhian responded before she stood up and went to the other side of the trailer, holding both the extension wire and the glue gun.

"But they already look fabulous." Glaiza says and followed the rich girl.

"I know, but its just not about that. I need to make sure the designs are intact. Plus, I still have to re-paint some of the trailers to make the color more vibrant and pop." Rhian says.

Glaiza hand Rhian a new glue stick when she notices that the one the girl is using is already small. "You don't have to do that, Rhi. They already look fine and creatively good."

"You say that now, but what if tomorrow during the parade, some of the props fall off the trailer? Or the paints, what if they easily scrape off? Now that would be embarassing." Rhian argued, as she put extra glue to the ribbon, to make sure that they're pasted onto the trailer.

"That won't happen Rhi, okay? Look, we're going to this place Lovi mentioned-"

"I said it before, and I'll say it again. I'm not going Glaiza. Okay? I'm staying here and finish all these trailers." Rhian firmly says before going over to another trailer. She was about to get a clean brush from a small plastic transparent bucket when Glaiza beat her to it, grabbing the bucket quickly, and making a run for it.

"Not until you get this!" Glaiza called out.

"Glaiza!" Rhian exclaimed and chase after the girl.

This goes on for five minutes, with the short-haired girl going around the trailers with the rich girl on her tail, calling out her name a few times. The former even went under the table, go to the bushes, and then again, circled the trailers, before the rich girl stop to catch her breath.

"Aww, is someone tired?" Glaiza teased as she lean by tree behind her.

Rhian look up at her and shot a glare. "You are... So...Dead...To me."

Glaiza smiled and drop the bucket on the table in front of her. "Fine, here."

Rhian sighs and was about to grab the bucket when Glaiza move it to the right. Rhian attempted again, but the short-haired girl kept moving it away from her.

"Damn it, Glaiza! Give that to me already!" Rhian slammed her palms on the table.

"What? Its just right there." Glaiza grinned.

Rhian huffed and was about to grab the bucket again when Glaiza move it backwards and moving it sideways, until the rich girl gave up.

"You know what?! I don't have to deal with this. You can have it. The hell I care!" Rhian said before stomping her way back to one of the trailer.

Smirking at how the girl easily gave up, Glaiza decided that their little game should end. She approach the girl and hand the bucket to her, which Rhian swatted her hand away.

"No, go away. You're annoying me." Rhian muttered and kept arranging the props on top of the trailer.

Glaiza sighs. "Look I'm sorry, but we just want you to join us for this trip Rhi. What's the harm of having a little fun?"

"No, you don't get it! Okay? You don't understand this because you're not me! You don't have this mindset of doing everything perfectly just because there are people having high expectations from you! And because of that, it resulted to you overthinking even the little things! Or the fact that you can't take a step back because of your father's nagging voice, that no matter what you do is stuck on your mind! That a tiny mistake would set him off and the cosequences you'll face from him would be severe!" Rhian snapped, making Glaiza look at her in surprise.

Rhian sighs before her head hung low, and with a small voice, she says, "Believe me G, I want to join you guys but... I have to do this. To perfect things... Whenever I doubt my work, I could here his voice... His nagging tone to push me make things better... And when I thought that I haven't done good enough, I hear his dissapointing and angry voice... And it scares me... He scares me, G. That's why I must do this... So that I won't hear his voice again."

Glaiza's heart break hearing this. She didn't know her father's extent of impact had affected Rhian. She knelt across from her and gently tilt the rich girl's chin. Her mood couldn't be more heartbroken when she notices the sad look on the girl's face.

"I'm sorry Rhi, I have no idea you're feeling this way... But you must know that your father's voice inside your head is not real. It just wanted to keep you thinking it is, to picture what your father would say if he's here. Yes, it might have helped to push you better in some cases... But its not healthy if its all the time. You're father's voice is present when you're constantly stressing out. You can't let him control your mind Rhi. Its affecting you mentally." Glaiza held Rhian's hand. "That's why its important for you to take breaks once in a while. Like this trip we're going to. It'll help you take your mind off things. Helps you clear and refresh your mind. What do you say?"

Rhian gave a hesitant look. "I don't know G... The fiesta starts tomorrow and I have to make sure these floats are good to go and-"

"They are Rhi..." Glaiza cut her off with a convincing look. "Believe me, they're built amazingly and the designs are extravagant. Everyone would be in awe staring at it tomorrow. And because of your amazing work, you deserve to rest. So please, come with us to this trip. Let yourself get loose and relax. I promise you'll have fun. And its gonna worth it."

When Rhian kept giving her an unconvincing look, Glaiza interlace their fingers. "I really want you to come Rhi..." The short-haired girl glance at their intertwined hands. "Its not gonna be fun without you there. I'm not gonna enjoy myself without your company."

Rhian finally broke into a smile and nodded. "Fine, you win. I'll join with you."

Glaiza mirrored her smile before pulling Rhian up and going inside the house for them to pack. By the time they finished packing, the short-haired girl headed downstairs. The group look at her with hope.

"So? Is Rhian coming?" Lovi asked. In return, Glaiza glance at Rhian descending the stairs with her bag. She glance back at Rhian's cousin and nodded with smile. The group cheered in success.

Outside, a black Range Rover awaits them. It was owned by Sam, and he claims that they use the vehicle since Lovi claimed that their destination would be a bit far. He insisted to drive which led Chynna, Julie-Anne,and Katrina in an argument on whose get to sit on the passenger seat, since the three wanted to sit beside Sam. The argument ended when Sam picked Josh to sit beside him, since the guy was a bit skinnier than the rest.

During the ride, Rhian and Lovi talked about the moments they had visiting the waterfalls. Sam argued that he haven't any clue about the said waterfalls and blamed the two for not inviting him. The group shared a laugh when Rhian countered it saying that he was busy showing off his Ps4 to a cute girl he had a crush on back then. Glaiza took note the smile on the rich girl's face, which had also brought a grin of her own.

When the car halted, Lovi said they have to walk by foot starting from here. 6 minutes of trekking the forest, they finally reach their destination. In front of them stood a small magnificent waterfalls. Its water drops down to a crystal clear river. The river bank was surrounded by luscious green bushes and sturdy tall trees.

Excited for a swim, the guys strip their shirt, and jumped on the lake. Except for Josh, who had taken time to fold his shirt. The guys teased him before grabbing his hand, pulling him in the water. Josh glared at the laughing guys when they notice his wet glasses on. Chynna called out to throw Josh his glasses to her which the guy agreed. Chynna catch it and gently place it on the huge mat Julie-Anne place on the grass together with two large picnic baskets.

Seeing the guys swimming happily, Glaiza smiled excitedly before unbuttoning her long-sleeved blouse and denim shorts, leaving her in a sky blue rashguard and tight swim shorts.

When she turn to the girls, she instantly find her gaze planted on the rich girl, who was now in a two-piece red bikini. Glaiza ran her eyes to the brown-haired girl's collarbone, her wide shoulders, the valley of her chest, her slim waist that complimented her flat stomach, and her long legs.

Wow, she's absolutely flawless.

She swallowed the lump in her throat as she felt her cheeks warming at the sight. When her gaze landed on Rhian's face, she saw the girl averting her eyes with a slight blush on her face. Glaiza instantly avert her gaze down.

Jesus, Glaiza what's happening to you?! Now, Rhian's probably catch you staring and made her embarass! I mean, yeah, that gorgeous body of hers can't be ignored, but still! Pull yourself together!

"Alright! You girls ready to have fun?" Lovi called. She was in a printed one-piece, Katrina was wearing black rashguard and swim shorts, while Chynna had on white shirt and swim shorts.

The girls nodded before they jump into the water in unison. Glaiza marveled at the cold feeling and dive in, seeing clearly the small rocks underneath. At this point, the guys decided to climb to the top of the waterfall. One by one, they jump down cheering. Glaiza even attempt to doing it, and gave a face-eating grin at the thrilling experience. They swam for a couple minutes, before their hunger kick in.

The group huddled up on the mat and got their own plates and food. Before Glaiza could get her own, a plateful of meal was handed to her by Rhian. She watch as the girl open up a bottle of Royal softdrink and slide it in front of her. Glaiza smiled thankfully in return.

Her smile turn into a slight a frown when Dennis stood up and drape a towel on Rhian's back, which brought teasing remarks from the group. Noticing that the towel was quite short, Glaiza got an idea and scooted closer to Rhian. She then wrap her arms around the girl's torso.

"That towel won't keep you warm enough. My hugs would." Glaiza remarked which also brought cheers from the gang.

"Oh shoot, Glaiza's retaliating!" Paul commented.

"Dude, you got competition." Josh nudged Dennis.

"Damn Rhian, you lucky girl!" Julie-Anne added.

"Whose winning so far Rhian? Is it our handsome muscular Dennis or the ever-charismatic bubbly Glaiza?" Lovi asks.

Dennis sat up and cleared his throat before flexing his muscles, to which the girls gushed over it. He then sent out a playful wink towards the rich girl.

Glaiza unknowingly tighten her hold on Rhian before whispering, "Just a reminder, I'm your girlfriend, soo..."

Rhian chuckled. "Well, not really. We're faking it, remember?"

"Yeah, but still. I treat you more good than him. I mean I gave you the best head massages, and, well, you love my hugs."

Rhian smirked and raised her eyebrow at her. "Is that so?"

Glaiza nodded her head in confidence. They lock eyes for a moment and the short-haired girl didn't know why she felt nervous.

The rich girl look back at the group before putting arm around Glaiza's shoulder. "Sorry Dennis, I'll have to go with my girlfriend."

The group cheered and awed. The guys teasing him while Dennis pouted playfully. Glaiza gave a cheeky smile when the rich girl look back at her. Rhian bend down slightly and whispering in her ear, "And just to be clear, even if you weren't, I'd still pick you."

Glaiza's eyes slightly widen as she glance at Rhian. The latter gave a gentle smile before her attention diverted to the group. She didn't know if Rhian was only teasing or stating a fact. Either way, Glaiza felt her heart pounding at what the girl said.

After eating, the group went to swim again. Paul and Dennis kept jumping from high altitude of the waterfalls all the way down. The others were playing chicken fight, while the fake lovers watch in amusement.

Glaiza glance at the brunette and smiled as she watches the grin on Rhian's face and her ocassional chuckle. The rich girl look back at her.

"What?" Rhian muttered.

"You having fun?" Glaiza asks, to which the rich girl nodded with a smile.

"I'm glad." Glaiza smiled. The two stare at each other for a second, before Rhian swam closer in front of her.

"Come with me, there's something I want to show you." Rhian says before they started swimming towards the waterfall.

"Uh, Rhi? Isn't this dangerous?" Glaiza asks as they're nearing the hard droppings of the waterfall.

"What? You scared of water?" Rhian smirked, to which Glaiza shook her head in amusement.

They dive in to avoid the harsh droppings before ascending. In front of them is a concave wall lying beneath the waterfalls. Rhian prop herself and sat at the ground before helping Glaiza in.

"Woah." Glaiza's voice echoed as she marveled their almost close surrounding. "I didn't know there's a wall beneath this."

She ran her eyes at the water falling down in front of her, smiling lightly at how blurry her friends appeared to her from her viewpoint.

"Close your eyes." Rhian says as she scoot closer to her. Glaiza gave her a confused look.

"Trust me." Rhian gave a gentle look, to which the short-haired girl obliged. Closing her eyes, darkness envelope her sight.

"Clear out your mind and focus on the sounds of the surroundings... The harsh droppings of the waterfalls... The gentle wave of the river... The tiny droplets of water on the wall..." Rhian says.

Glaiza followed what the rich girl was saying. Her hearing sense heightened and listened to all the sounds around her. And at some point, she even heard her soft breathing and her beating heart. Slowly, she found herself in a peaceful state.

"Wow, this is very calming." Glaiza mumbled.

After staying like these for three minutes, she slowly open her eyes and felt as if she's lighter than ever. She turn towards the rich girl and saw that Rhian's gaze was already on hers.

Glaiza's admiration towards the brunette's hazel orbs is increasing everyday. And now, she couldn't help but marvel at the change in her gaze. In the past, they were only swirling with hatred and annoyance whenever Rhian looks at her. But these past few weeks, it changed. The once anger emotion in her eyes turn into a gentle one. Kinda like a smooth melted chocolate.

She was brought back to her senses when she felt hand on her forehead. Rhian's hand gently brush away a strand of Glaiza's hair, putting it behind her ear. Her hand made its way to her cheek and began caressing it softly.

Glaiza's heart began pumping fast when she saw Rhian's gaze went down to her lips. Consciously, she licked her own, making the rich girl glance back at her. Rhian slowly began inching her face closer to her. Glaiza fisted her hand on the ground, letting out a shaking sigh, feeling nervous all of a sudden. She glance down at Rhian's lips and was suddenly flashed back to their kiss they had shared two days ago.

Centimeters away and Glaiza could feel the warm breath of the rich girl. She was torn from pushing the brunette away and connecting their lips together. Maybe because she's concern on what the outcome would be. So, she sat there and let out a shaking sigh before closing her eyes to calm her nervous self.

Just then her eyes slowly open when she felt lips on her forehead while her cheek was being caressed. This gesture brought a sudden flutter in Glaiza's stomach and she didn't know why.

When Rhian pulled away, she let her hand drop, which for some reason, made Glaiza a tad disappointed. She gave the short-haired girl a soft smile before she gaze at the waterfalls in front of her.

"I remember that time when I first discovered this, I thought it was really cool for a hiding spot. Especially when your mom says its time to go home." Rhian chuckled lightly.

Glaiza smiled at this, picturing little Rhian giggling behind this waterfalls while her mom calls out the rich girl's name.

"Besides that, its actually my little peaceful place as a kid, especially when I was a preteen. Every summer we visit this town, my afternoons are utilized in learning the basics of business management, with of course, my ever-loving father." Rhian said in a sarcastic tone. "So, before my mind descend into madness and I go crazy, I visit this wall. There are only limited business information a preteen could handle... This is where I could forget the stress, the irritation, and the ocassional fear, I've felt. I don't know, it gave off a sense of peace to me... Plus, it gave off a vibe that I'm living in some sort of magical hidden place you see in a fantasy movie."

Glaiza chuckled, before running her eyes on their surroundings. "I bet you and Lovi got tons of fun hanging out in this hidden place."

"Actually, Lovi doesn't know about this. Its only me." Rhian says.

Glaiza glance at her in surprise. "You mean she'd never visited this place?"

Rhian shook her head smiling at the ground. "I've never brought someone in here. Not my friends, or even Sam." Then she look up at Glaiza. "You're the first one."

The short-haired girl stare at her speechless. Hearing those words brought a tingling sensation in her. And the fact that she had said it with a straight face with matching eye contact, had made Glaiza feel... significant. Like an important person to the rich girl. Maybe.

Mentally shaking that thought away, she decided to just tease the girl. Inching her face closer to her, she smirk, raising her eyebrow. "First one, you say? I'm that special to you, huh?"

Rhian eyes widen a bit, moving her body backwards. "W-What? N-No. Why does that make you special?"

"Hm, I don't know. Maybe the fact that I'm the only one you brought in this place. Oh, and lets not forget that I'm your girlfriend."

Rhian rolled her eyes smiling. "Again, correction, fake girlfriend."

"Whatever. The point is, I'm your first one here. And that's saying something." Glaiza leaned in and whisper, "You're not catching feelings for me, are you Ramos? Is that why you brought me here?"

Glaiza watch as the brunette froze and saw redness creeping through the girl's cheeks. She pulled back and laugh at her reaction. "You should've seen your face!"

This brought Rhian out of her thoughts and punch her arm. "T-That was not funny!"

Glaiza chuckled. "Yes, it is. It's so cute to see you all red."

Rhian blushed even more and avert her eyes away from the short-haired girl and frown slightly. "Whatever."

Glaiza smiled, wrap her hand on her shoulder before giving a quick peck on the girl's cheek. "Don't be embarass, I was just teasing you."

She lean her head on Rhian's shoulder and gaze at the falling water across from her. Silence fall between them, save for the trickling sound of the waterfalls.

After a minute of peace, Rhian spoke up. "We should go. We've been here long enough." To which Glaiza nodded.

The two swam in, reaching the river before they ascended. They saw the girls already out of the water, with worry look on their faces as they crane their neck as if looking for someone.

"There you two are!" Katrina says as she spotted them.

"Where the hell have you two been?!" Lovi exclaimed grabbing both of their arm as they step out of the river.

"Yeah, we've been calling out and looking for you girls!" Brian added as he walk towards the two, the other guys on his tail.

"We were just swimming." Rhian answered.

"Really? We didn't saw you on the water." Chynna raised her eyebrow.

"You guys were busy. You know, having chicken fight and all." The rich girl added.

"Then explain to us why you didn't immediately appear when we were calling out your names." Dennis cross his arm.

"I don't know, we just didn't feel like it." Glaiza shrugged which earned a gentle slap on her rib from Rhian.

"She's kidding. We were swimming near the waterfalls, so we didn't hear you guys. Sorry." Rhian rephrased.

Julie-Anne sighs. "Alright, just don't ever do that again. We thought you got lost or something. You scared us."

The two nodded before the group started picking up their things, including the picnic baskets and the mat before they headed out of the forest. During the ride to home, Glaiza felt the cold breeze hitting her legs. She only brought one towel and it is currently on her neck, which was getting chilly from the wind. She look beside her and saw Rhian wrapped up in a long towel. Before her legs could freeze to death, Glaiza quickly got the others side of Rhian's towel and wrapped it around.

"Woah, woah, what are you doing?" Rhian said, alarmed.

"I'm freezing, please don't pull away." Glaiza says, her teeth began chattering.

"Geez, you could've ask for my permission, you know." Rhian muttered.

"There's no need, I'm your girlfriend. So its okay." Glaiza mumbled back.

Rhian chuckled. "You keep mentioning that I'm your girlfriend. Are you sure I'm the one catching feelings here, De Castro?"

"Yup, I still think you are." Glaiza replied before inching closer to the rich girl and leaning her head on her shoulder. "Now shh, you're ruining this moment."

Glaiza felt the girl smiling before feeling Rhian's head on top of her own. Feeling her eyes getting drowsy, she let her orbs close.

"Hey, G?"

"Hm?"

"Thanks for convincing me into joining with you guys. You're right, I needed this. And I truly had fun." Rhian says before giving a quick kiss on her head.

Glaiza smiled lightly. "Anytime, Rhi."

Yup, I was right. This trip had been worth it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

68K 2.8K 21
What if one day you found yourself being invisible? What will you do? Is there anyone who can help you? Who? ** This is a story of an celebrity who...
2.5M 93.6K 32
Dawn, a girl in her early twenties living in a poor neighborhood with her sick mother and teenage brother. Her father has abandoned them for a rich w...
1.9M 57.6K 37
Ginger Vera, a fifteen year old typical 2nd year high-school who works as a part timer in a pastry shop. She has to work in order to continue her st...
29.6K 1.3K 39
Love transcends time... Even heaven and hell... Good and Evil... But will Love prevails even if the ones involved are from two opposite worlds? Is th...