I Fell Again - Luke Patterson

By moon_oxc

Adira Midnight King absolutely despised Luke Patterson and Sunset Curve. She only ever really liked Alex. It'... More

Cast
Prolouge
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Bonus chapter
Bonus chapter #2
New book posted!!!
Hey
Bonus Chapter #3
Questions
Posted!!!
Miraculous story

Chapter 17

4.8K 136 41
By moon_oxc

3rd PERSON POV

It's now 11:00 and Adira came to the full realization that the boys weren't gonna show. Adira was ready and Julie was sitting in the ground going over the lyrics. "Issues?" Nick came up behind Julie.

Adira watched them with a smile, but she wasn't a fool. She sees the way Nick looks at Julie, he's starting to like Julie, and Adira's glad.

" Um, no problems. I'm just going over some lyrics. Trying to make sure I don't forget" Julie said as Nick said down. " You won't forget" Nick said as Julie looked away. " That is unless you somehow just go completely blank" Nick tried to joke. He offered his hand out to Julie so she took it.

" Don't let this crowd freak you out. What I saw last time you played was insane. You got this. I knew you had it in you" Adira laughed a little as Julie's smiling face quickly turned scared and shocked. "I knew I liked that kid" Julie looked at her. "Shut up. No you didn't" Julie mumbled.

Nick introduced Julie and the band. " You got this" Nick whispered as Julie made her way to the front of the stage. " Hey, everyone. I just wanted to say something before we get started. A few of the holograms aren't working, but I managed to save one. Wi-fi, it's crazy" Julie took a deep breath.

" This song is called Someone To You. I hope you like it" Julie took a seat on the piano and played a few keys. The plan was after Adira appeared, Julie was just gonna sing while she strummed her guitar.

"I don't wanna die or fade away
I just wanna be someone
I just wanna be someone"

Julie looked over slightly at Adira. Adira gave her a thumbs up to show she was ready.

"Dive and disappear without a trace
I just wanna be someone
Well, doesn't everyone?
And if you feel the great dividing
I wanna be the one you're guiding
'Cause I believe that you could lead the way"

As Adira kicked in with her guitar, she joined in with Julie to sing. Flynn smiled in gratitude. Glad that at least one of them showed up.

"I just wanna be somebody to someone, oh
I wanna be somebody to someone, oh
I never had nobody and no road home
I wanna be somebody to someone"

Julie trailed off and smiled at Adira to let her have a moment.

"And if the sun's upset and the sky goes cold
Then if the clouds get heavy and start to fall
I really need somebody to call my own
I wanna be somebody to someone
Someone to you
Someone to you
Someone to you
Someone to you"

Adira walked forward as the crowd cheered, screaming at her.

"I don't even need to change the world
I'll make the moon shine just for your view
I'll make the starlight circle the room
And if you feel like night is falling
I wanna be the one you're calling
'Cause I believe that you could lead the way"

Julie walked over to Adira, holding the mic. As Adira strummed the guitar, they smiled and sang.

"I just wanna be somebody to someone, oh
I wanna be somebody to someone, oh
I never had nobody and no road home
I wanna be somebody to someone"

Adira turned away and backed up. Letting Julie have room to dance around the stage.

"And if the sun's upset and the sky goes cold
Then if the clouds get heavy and start to fall
I really need somebody to call my own
I wanna be somebody to someone
Someone to you
Someone to you
Someone to you
Someone to you"

Julie and Adira harmonized.

"The kingdom come, the rise, the fall
The setting sun above it all
I just wanna be somebody to you"

Julie sang.

"I just wanna be somebody to someone, oh
I wanna be somebody to someone, oh
I never had nobody and no road home
I wanna be somebody to someone"

Adira harmonized. She was enjoying performing with Julie.

"And if the sun's upset and the sky goes cold
Then if the clouds get heavy and start to fall
I really need somebody to call my own
I wanna be somebody to someone
Someone to you
Someone to you
Someone to you
Someone to you
Someone to you"

Adira strummed the last few cords before bowing and then poofing out. But still staying on the stage.

Julie smiled her way slightly and waved at the crowd. It was a better reaction than what she was expecting.

Carrie had to ruin the moment. " Who wants to see Dirty Candy?" Carrie's asked as she snatched the microphone out of Julie's hand. Before the crowd could even respond, Flynn broke a nob. "Julie, please let me hit her! Or trip her!" Adira pleaded. All she needed was for Julie to say the word.

"Party at my house!" Carrie said into the mic and the crowd cheered. They all started leaving.

" All of y'all are shady! Sha-dy! You understand?" Adira yelled as they started leaving. Julie smiled at her reaction as she rested her arm on Flynn's.

" Adira, that song was amazing! Thank you so much for performing with Julie tonight" Julie laughed slightly as she grabbed Flynn's face and faced her where Adira actually was. "Adira said it was no problem" Julie replied.

After a while of helping them clean up, Adira told them that she was gonna go look for the boys. She had an idea where they could be. Even though she had been out in the world as a ghost for about a month, she had heard about a place where ghosts could go.

Adira's heard many things about this club, good and bad. The performances were apparently to die for, no pun intended. But she had heard some sketchiness about this place. Almost like it was too good to be true, most things are in life.

She shook out her nerves and walked in, the place was huge and the energy was great. Nobody didn't look like they were having a bad time and it looked like it was set in the '20's. As she walked through the crowds, she felt a hand on her shoulder and she turned around.

"Adira! Hey, I thought you weren't gonna show?" When she met Miliano's eyes, she wanted to smile and talk to him, maybe even flirt. "Luke said that you changed your mind. You missed a performance, let me tell you. I was hoping to show you some more of my skills" he stepped back and did a little dance move, making Adira laugh.

But her smile droooed as she seen two of the boys. "Um... maybe tomorrow or some other time? I really have to grab the boys. And because your new, I'll spare you the screaming and yelling I'm about to do the boys. Later, handsome" Adira did it unintentionally but she carcasses his cheek and even gave him a nickname. Although, she considered the nickname was fair since he gave her one.

Miliano watched her leave, with a smile on his face. He hasn't even known her for 24 hours, but he could tell she was strong and bold. And that she didn't take anything from anybody, he liked that about her. Miliano wanted to know more about her.

Adira walked over to the dance floor and saw Luke and Reggie dancing with twins. She smiled politely at one before snatching Luke and Reggie up by their clothes and making them look at her. "Oh, Adira! You changed your mind" Reggie said smiling, but stopped when he saw her face. "What's wrong?" Luke asked concerned. Adira didn't want to say anything to the guys in front of a bunch of people, or she might explode.

Instead she showed them the big clock that hung on the wall. Which made her more angry, how could they not tell the time with the clock right beside them? "Oh, we were supposed to be at Julie's school by 9!" Luke exclaimed. "We gotta get Alex! Oh, we lost Alex. A-" Reggie was going to tell Alex's name, but Alex showed them he was up in the air.

After helping them down and rushing through the crowd, Luke tried to get Adira to talk or even look at him. As they were getting ready to leave, Caleb appeared at the steps. "Gentlemen, what's the rush?" Caleb asked with his charming smile. And then his eyes found Adira's. "Caleb Covington. Are you apart of the band?" He asked her. "That's getting ready to be up for debate. But why do you care?" She snapped. Caleb smiled even brighter at her.

" You know that girl that can see us? We sort of bailed on her. See there's this dance at her school, and her friend Flynn is a super cool DJ, like-" Alex cut Reggie off. " I don't think he has an eternity to hear the story" Alex said. But also because Alex took one look at his friend and could tell she was angry.

" Basically, we're late for a gig" Luke summarized. " But what about my offer?" Caleb asked. " It's very cool of you, Mr. Covington, but, like I said, we already have a-" Caleb held up his hand. " You already have a band of your own. I understand" the guys smiled as they continued up the steps.

" Oh, boys... if you ever want to come back a fix that little problem with your friend, the Hollywood Ghost Club is always open" Caleb said with his usual charming smile.

" Yea, man, we'd love to come back" Luke said happily. " Ah! Music to my ears" Caleb shook each of the boys hands. When they noticed the mark Caleb explained. " Oh, it's just a little club stamp. Until next time" Caleb said as he stepped aside. Adira looked at Caleb. "It's a shame you couldn't come this time. Maybe the next? I'd love to show you what we could offer here" Caleb turned to her. She nodded her head even thought she knew she was never coming back here.

"Lovely!" Caleb cheered and shook her hand, giving the same purple stamp he did the boys.

As soon as she was out of the place, she poofed next to Julie. "Did you find them?" Julie asked hopeful. And the look in Julie's eye made Adira feel so bad for what was about to happen. The boys came rushing in through the gym doors.

" Julie, we are ready to rock this dance, which is clearly over" Reggie said as the boys came running in. Alex exhaled sharply as he tapped Luke for him to turn around.

" Look, we are... so, so sorry we bailed on you" Luke apologized first. " Yea, I mean, the night really got away from us" Alex added. " And the twins" Luke hit Reggie. Adira was fuming, she was so angry at them.

" Just please tell me it had nothing to do with you getting back at Carrie's dad" Julie said. But of course, the guys lied to her. "Seriously? You're lying to me? You're lying to us!" Julie pointed back at Adira.

" Ok, look, it was something we needed to do" Alex said softly. " B-But we'll do whatever it takes. We'll play the next school-" Julie stepped forward. " What? Another dance where you can bail on me and make me look like a fool? Save it. You know what really sucks? Our songs were good. And all three of you knew what I've been through, and how tough it's been for me to play, and then you do this?" Julie said with a shaky voice.

" Not to mention, bailing on Adira! She had to come and find you! Bands don't do that to each other. Friends don't do that to each other. This was a mistake" Julie said as she looked back at the girl. And she was ok with it, because she was done with the band as well.

" You mean the dance, right?" Luke asked but he wasn't looking at Julie, he was looking at Adira. " No. I mean joining a band with you guys" Julie then ran away. "Julie! Julie!" Adira called after her, but she didn't listen and ran. The boys turned to face Adira. They were scared about what was gonna happen, the only words she said was Julie's name.

But instead of Adira, looking so angry, she looked upset. Tears were running down her face because she was angry crying, but also they didn't have her back, again. And this time, Julie got hurt in the process. That was a deal breaker.

"Adira, I-" she held her hand up to cut Luke off. "I'm done. I'm so done. I took the biggest risk of my life joining this band again after everything that's happened with us. I took the risk of trusting you guys again. And you let me down?" Adira was speaking softly, which made all the guys feel worse.

"By done, do you mea-" she cut Alex off. "This time I'm quitting the band. I can't do this anymore, I can't keep getting my hopes up, just for them to be let down time and time again. Ok? I'm done. I'll see you guys at the house" But Adira wasn't going there tonight, she was going to her dads.

"Adira! Adira, come on! Please!" Luke begged as he followed her, but stopped when they were all effected by a jolt. Adira fell but quickly picked herself back up and walked out. The boys watched her leave sadly.

"We really fucked up" Reggie mumbled. And they had no idea how right they were.

AUTHORS NOTE

Sorry for not updating yesterday. I needed a day to catch up on some school work and just make sure I'm trying. So, I was thinking that I'd put 3 chapters in before I continued to follow the episodes again. One of them being a flashback episode of Luke comforting Adira, and the other two chapters can be about the guys trying to apologize and find a way to have her back in the band.

Thanks for all the love and support ❤️❤️❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

373K 32.4K 92
Sequel to my MHA fanfiction: •.°NORMAL°.• (So go read that one first)
12.1K 170 50
Sunset Curve, a group of four boys in a rock band with big, big dreams, and a girl born to a rich family, she is in much need of an escape, and has a...
265K 4.5K 38
13 REASONS WHY SEASON 1 + OWN TIMELINE [MONTGOMERY DE LA CRUZ x OC] "Maybe going to the Wal-Mart can be our thing?" He smirked cheekily at me. "Is it...
172K 5.2K 19
"if i could take us back. if i could just do that. and write in every empty space the words i love you in replace, then maybe time would not erase me...