The Not So Girl Next Door

Від writerxoxo

Kelsie Lewis and Jared Sullivan have been best friends ever since they could remember. Until one day, five ye... Більше

Chapter 1: Dreams
Chapter 2: An Unexpected Reunion
Chapter 3: Who Needs Boys When You've Got Friends?
Chapter 4: Chemistry in Biology Class
Chapter 6: And He Crushed my Broken Heart
Chapter 7: Just Like Old Times
Chapter 8: Mac n' Cheese on a Cheerleader
Chapter 9: Gossiping Girls
Chapter 10: Along Came Chase Henman
Chapter 11: Two Couples plus Jared and Kelsie...and Chase
Chapter 12: Jared and Chase
Chapter 13: Date Night
Chapter 14: Amanda's Threat
Chapter 15: Almost First Kiss
Chapter 16: Instant Messaging
Chapter 17: Childhood Memoirs
Chapter 18: Facing Amanda
Chapter 19: Chase's Not-So-Surprising Confession
Chapter 20: My Two Darth Vaders
Chapter 21: I Think I Died and Spent 7 Minutes in Heaven
Chapter 22: Team Chase
Chapter 23: Team Jared
Chapter 24: The Art Fair
Chapter 25: Bimini, Bahamas
Chapter 26: The Consequences of my Untimely Disappearance
Chapter 27: Still Cold
Chapter 28: I Wish I Could Hate You, Jared Sullivan
Chapter 29: Another Round of Confessions
Chapter 30: My Happily Ever After
Epilogue: Chase Henman

Chapter 5: Invitation

655 2 0
Від writerxoxo

         “WHAT’S WRONG?” Precious asked when I reached their table in the cafeteria. “You look like you’re ready to kill someone,” she offered me an apple which—being too mad to eat anything else—I immediately snatched from her hands.

          “Oh, I wish I could,” I said, taking a bite from the apple.

          “Amanda again?”

          “You think?” I said.

          Abby sighed. “What did she do now?”

I began to explain to them everything that happened in Biology class up until the part where Amanda showed up.

          “Just ignore them, Kels” Abby said. “You’re not gonna feel any better if you continue to fantasize about Jared. You should learn how to hang with other guys, girl.”

          “No, she should spend some time with Jared so that he can realize that Kelsie is his one true love and then he’ll dump that Amanda.”

          “Precious, this isn’t a fairytale. Not all girls get the man of their dreams.”

          “You don’t if you just sit around and do nothing!”

          Abby threw her hands up in the air. “I give up. You win this round.” She said to Precious who smiled triumphantly. “Bottom point: Kelsie, you aren’t committed to Jared in any other way aside from being friends. So do not be afraid to hang with other boys. The school is filled with super hot guys! You can have anyone you want.”

          Her eyes suddenly bulged out and said, “Except for that one.”

          We turned around just in time to see Jared, Seth and Brandon walking towards us. Amanda was already seated with the cheerleaders. I guess Jared won the argument.

          “Oh no, they’re coming towards us! What do we do?” Abby asked me, her lower lip trembling—a sign that usually denotes how nervous she is.

          “Just act natural.” I told her.

          “But I’ve never talked to Brandon before! Ever!”

          One would think that Abby would at least have an experience with boys because of the way she has been lecturing me about them. But no, my romantic history is just the same with Abby.

          “What’s wrong with you two? It’s just them,” Precious asked with confusion.

          “Yes, but Seth’s already your boyfriend. You don’t have any reason to feel awkward towards him.” Abby reasoned.

          “Hey guys—I mean girls” Seth said when they finally reached our table. Jared and Brandon laughed. “Mind if we sit here?”

          “Sure, go ahead” Precious said. Abby and I were too nervous to speak, considering that the men of our dreams are right in front of us.

          I can understand how Abby liked Brandon. He is simply gorgeous beyond description. His shaggy blond hair falls over his emerald-green eyes. He was wearing a brown t-shirt that has the words “For your security, this conversation may be recorded” in small blue letters, acid-washed jeans and a pair of Nike rubber shoes.

          “Brandon, this is Precious, Kelsie and Abby.” Seth said, pointing to each of us. I saw Abby’s smile stretch across her face. I know that she was thanking Seth for the introduction.

          “Hi,” Brandon said and sat beside Abby—who looked like she was going to scream anytime soon.

          Jared sat beside me which caused my heart to palpitate real fast.

          “That’s all you’re eating?” Jared asked, eyeing my half-bitten apple.

          “Yeah, I’m not very hungry.”

          He just shrugged and looked away.

          Everyone at the table was quiet—with the exception of the two lovebirds cuddling with each other, oblivious to the fact that they are in the middle of the cafeteria and that they are cuddling IN FRONT of us.

          I decided to break the silence. “So, Brandon, do you have a girlfriend?” Abby looked at me with horror-struck eyes. Yikes. Why did I ask that? “I mean, you know, Seth has a girlfriend and Jared too. And the three of you are buds now, so I’m just curious.”

          Brandon laughed. “No, I don’t. Most people might think I have a girlfriend but no, I really don’t.”

          “Yeah, I think his looks say ‘I have a girlfriend’,” Jared joked.

          A chorus of animated laughter suddenly erupted from the cheerleaders’ table where Amanda sat.

          Brandon rolled his eyes. “Sometimes I don’t know why they have to laugh so loud. This is a school for heaven’s sake not a mall.”

          This statement caused Abby’s face to light up and speaks for the first time. “Just ignore them,” she began. “I won’t be surprised if one day they lose their voices because of all the laughing and screaming they’ve been doing. Besides, they talk about NOTHING but gossip.”

          Brandon laughed. It was nice to know that they both detested the popular crowd—even though Brandon is part of it himself. And also Seth and Jared.

          “Ugh, please don’t mention gossip. My brain is fried up from all the gossip Mandy’s been telling me for the past week,” Jared said while dramatically burying his face in his hands.

          “You want some earplugs?” I offered.

          We laughed out loud—even Seth and Precious who finally remembered our presence.

          “What’s YOUR idea of a good time?” Brandon asked Abby when the laughter died down.

          “Well, I like playing volleyball and studying Math.” Abby looked like she regretted saying that last statement. “I guess you could call me a Math geek.” I could tell what she was thinking. She was thinking that her chance with Brandon dropped down to zero the second she put the words “Math” and “Geek” together.

          “Oh, yes she is,” Precious added. “She had never received a single B in Math. Straight A’s as always.”

          “Really? I suck at Math,” Brandon said, smiling. “Do you tutor?”

          Abby looked like she won the lottery. “No, but I could make an exception for you.”

          “Great.”

          Then they jabbered on and on about everything from square roots to radicals.

          Seth and Precious forgot about us and started cuddling again.

          Ew.

          So that left Jared and I quiet again.

          Why does this kind of thing seem to be a daily ritual?

          “I had a fun time at Biology today,” he said.

“Oh, uh, me too,” I said feeling embarrassed again because I never really understood anything that Mrs. Hamilton said.

“Are you sure you’re not hungry because I’d get you some lunch…”

“No! I’m fine!”

“Okay,” he said, and started eating his chicken enchilada.

Come to think of it, I am getting pretty hungry. And those enchiladas look simply delicious!

Snap out of it Kelsie! If you eat, you’ll probably just throw up later when your stomach hurts again! Why can’t I get this voice in my head to shut up?!

I get butterflies in my stomach a lot when Jared is around.

The hour seemed to pass by slowly. I wish the clock would just move faster! I don’t want to be in this awkward position anymore. When Jared talks to me I always get tongue-tied.

This is weird. Just less than an hour ago, I was glad I was with him. Now, I don’t. What’s the matter?

After what seemed like an eternity, Jared spoke, “You know, my grandparents are throwing a welcome back party for my family this weekend. Grandma was hoping that I would invite you and your mom and Danny. She said that she would want to see your family again,”

“Really?”

“Yeah. You know my grandparent’s place right?”

Oh I remember very well Jared’s grandparent’s house. It looks like a mansion! When we were young, he would invite me there and I would get lost in the many hallways. Plus, Jared’s grandmother was really kind to me. She’s almost as sweet as my Nana.

“Sure!”

“Well, they’re going to throw the party there. It would mean a lot to me if you went, Kelsie.”

I was more than eager to say “yes” to him right away but I stopped myself. If there will be a party then I’m one hundred percent sure that Amanda will be there, too. And she’ll probably steal Jared from me. I really, really like to come to the party but if Amada’s going to be there then it won’t be much fun anymore.

“Well?” he said when I didn’t respond.

I bit my bottom lip until it hurt.

“I suppose it will be…fun. Okay…”

“Yes! Thanks Kelsie!”

I sighed quietly, “Sure, sure.”

          I just hope I don’t see Amanda there.

Продовжити читання

Вам також сподобається

Ang Girlfriend Ni Crush(UNDER REVISION) Від Tine

Підліткова література

2.8M 54K 31
Si crush ang gusto ko pero girlfriend niya ang nakuha ko. She's a monster. A beautiful monster, my own Monteclaro. NOTE: THIS STORY IS ALREADY COMPLE...
Project: Yngrid Від Alesana Marie

Наукова фантастика

3.4M 134K 23
What would you do if you wake up one day and find yourself in a different body? [Completed]
Ruling The Last Section (Season 1) Від lollybae

Підліткова література

1.7M 72.7K 103
"I will rule all of you." Raiven said to the last section. Mahirap makihalubilo sa isang seksiyon na lahat ay lalaki. Mas lalong mahirap kung makas...
Play The King: Act Two Від akosiibarra

Підліткова література

391K 25.9K 94
["PLAY THE KING" IS ACT TWO OF THE "PLAY" SERIES. PLEASE READ "PLAY THE QUEEN" FIRST.] It's been four months since Priam Torres, the once unpopular p...