If It's meant To Be (Complete...

By xJadesx

From best friends to enemies to.... Lovers. Ps. Sensitive issues ahead. Possible trigger warning so read with... More

Author's note
Copyright
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Bonus Chapter
Cast Interview

Chapter 3

1K 30 31
By xJadesx

Chapter 3

I texted Jessie once I was in the hall. She was waiting for me in the auditorium. I met her in the costume room when I got there. She dropped her bag when she saw me and smiled, showing her shallow dimples.

I walked up to her and took her face in my hands. She looked so pretty today. “Your way too excited to see me.”

“You don’t know how excited I am,” she whispered.

My eyes followed every movement her lips made. My pulse rose. I bit my lip and pushed her hair away from her face so that I could have a better look at her. I could feel her breath tickling my skin as I got closer to her while the tension between us filled the room.

“You’re so adorable.” I teased, my finger tracing over her lower lip.

“I have a favour to ask you.” She told me in the same low voice. Her hands slid over my stomach, finding the buttons on my shirt. She pulled them one by one.

I tried to focus on what she was saying instead of what her actions stirred up inside me. “What favour is that?”

She bit her lip and let it go before she brought her eyes up to meet mine. My breath stopped at her actions and I knew then that Heidi didn’t matter anymore. Immediately, I was sure she was the one.

With my shirt undone, she pushed it apart until she was gazing at my naked chest. She lowered her head and kissed each of my breasts tenderly. “I need to make a video collage showcasing my talents.” She pressed her warm lips against the side of my neck and trailed a series of kisses down to my collarbone. “Will you help me?”

I gripped her jacket; the heat from her kisses pulsing through my veins. She walked backwards, making me follow her lead until she was up against the wall. Her smile was devious as her hand grabbed hold of my breast. I closed my eyes, awaiting the moment her tongue would graze my skin and enjoying the thrill that came along with it.

“I-I should’ve brought my camera then.” I stuttered.

She giggled and pulled me towards her. “Shut up and kiss me.”

“Yes, Ma’am.” I took her lips in a hungry kiss, allowing the tension between us to take me over. Today, I didn’t want to hold back. I wanted to give her the satisfaction she craved from me. Before, I never felt like I was ready to go that far with her. I guess I was always waiting on the ‘spark’ between us. But now that it’s here, I wanted to waste no time. I liked her very much, and she was good for me.

It was crazy how fast I had her clothes undone, and as I pinned her to the wall, my free hand found her thighs. My lips were still on hers, stifling the gasp she made when I finally touched her.

“Dani,” she started against my lips.

I shook my head at her. “No talking.”

“Please,”

“No... talking.”

I lifted her to the couch and lowered her carefully. She was glorious before my eyes, and I was finding it extremely difficult to control myself. I gave up trying and lower myself between her legs. She held my head between her hands and guided me down to her. Nothing has ever been more perfect.

**

I pushed opened the door to the theatre room and stepped inside. Crowds of students were already inside, and everyone helped themselves to a seat. Ms Chamberlain had the freshmen by the stage, already assessing their talents. So, no one was paying attention to us as we slipped from the changing room.

I was glad I finally gave her what she wanted, but I hoped it would be enough. I know eventually, she would want to return the favour. She wasn’t exactly the type to take all the time. That scared me a little. The thought of being so vulnerable to anyone made me uncomfortable.

I sighed and slammed down on a chair near the stage. Jessie sat down next to me, her hand caressing mine. A familiar voice made me look up from our intertwined hands.

“Ms Chamberlain, Hi.”

“Heidi. I didn’t expect to see you here.” she greeted, her face expectant.

“I was hoping I could join the club.”

She paused what she was doing t to look at her, already assessing her with her eyes. “Can you sing or dance?”

“I had training as a kid.”

Her eyes got more curious. “I’d like to hear if you don’t mind.”

“This should interest,” Jessie commented beside me.

I sat up straight, leaning forward in my seat to hear as well. Heidi hesitated, taking a deep breath before she began. The soft melody of the song sizzled through the surrounding air. Her English accent became lost in the fluidity of tunes flowing from her. I watched, dazed and in awe, still trying to convince myself that it was her singing right in front of me.

My arms filled with goosebumps while a shiver ran down my spine. The effect rippled through my core as she carried the melody of the song until the end. Then she stopped, and I immediately missed that angelic voice I’d just grown to love. I looked over at Ms Chamberlain and saw her smiling with excitement. But I still dazed.

“Wow!” Jessie exclaimed.

“Yes! Yes!” Ms Chamberlain cried, clasping her hands beneath her chin. “Yes! You are perfect!”

Heidi half smiled at her reaction. “Thank you.”

Ms Chamberlain held out a finger. “I’ll be right with you. Let me finish up with these freshmen.”

She nodded and turned away, her eyes scanning the room then. I tore my eyes away, sliding down in my seat to not get noticed, but Jessie was already calling her over. I groaned as Maria slide into the chair beside me.

“Guess what we’re doing for the Halloween showcase!” She mused.

I shrugged. “I don’t know. Tell me.”

She smiled, bouncing up and down. “The greatest showman!”

My eyes widened. “You’re lying. Stop lying.”

“Maria, lying is bad!” Jessie backed up.

She shook her head, still smiling. “I’m not lying. We finally got it. You,” she pointed to us both. “have a duet and guess who has a solo.”

She sang the last part as she pointed to herself, smiling so widely I feared the smile would stick on her face.

“Wait? Do we have the same duet? Like together?” Jessie asked, taking the words right out of my mouth.

She shook her head. “Not a chance. You know Ms Chamberlain. She doesn’t do couples when it comes on to shows.”

“I know and I completely get why but it’d be nice you know.”

She nodded.

“How do you know all of this?” Jessie pried.

“I saw Ms Chamberlain’s paper.” She beamed.

My eyes widened. “Tell me everything.”

She shook her head. “Nope. You’ll know in a minute.”

Before I could protest, she disappeared, leaving me to stare after her in excitement and disbelief.

I turned back to the stage where Heidi stood moments ago, only to find her gone. My eyes scanned the room for her, finding her around the back in an empty row of seats. Jessie pulled me from my seat towards the back of the room.

“Why are we going up here?”

“Because your friend is lonely.”

“She’s not my…” I trailed off, seeing the mischievous smile on her face. It made me smile too.

Heidi looked up at us as we approach. “Want company?” Jessie asked her.

She shrugged, gesturing for us to sit down. I sat furthest from her. “So Musical Theatre. You didn’t strike me as the type of girl that’s into performance.”

“I’m trying something new.” She chewed her lip before she added. “Jessie, right?”

Jessie nodded. “Yup, that’s me.”

Heidi smiled. “Well, Jessie, thank you for making Dani happy.”

My heart leapt as my eyes found Jessie’s. She smiled nervously at the blonde girl. “You’re welcome?”

“Alright performers, gather around. I will not be shouting this afternoon.” Ms Chamberlain called, and I was thankful.

She fetched a paper from her pocket and unfolded it as everyone got closer. When we were all bundled before her, she started reading from it. First welcoming us back then getting into what the Halloween showcase this year would be. She further continued, giving out our acts and roles and I was pretty excited at the end.

“Homework!” she yelled. Everyone groaned still as she continued. “I want each one of you to go home and watch the movie. We’ll discuss it tomorrow when we meet. Goodbye.”

I turned to leave and collided with Heidi. She grabbed my arms to steady me as I grab hold of her, too. I froze, staring at her for a moment. I could not speak or move or look at anything else but her. She said nothing, neither did I, while the room emptied around us. I didn’t know why I couldn’t let her go or look away from her. I didn’t know why she was looking at me like that either, but if Jessie was here seeing this, I’m going to have a lot of explaining to do.

She finally let me go and backed away, forcing my hands to fall to my side. My eyes followed her to the door as she left, and I saw Jessie standing there waiting for me. I sucked in a breath and made my way to her. She gave me a nervous laugh as I fell into step by her side.

“What was that all about?”

“Nothing.”

She nodded, but she didn’t look convinced. “Ok. Let’s go then. You’re my ride home.”

**

Mom was home when I got there, and she’d already made dinner. The aroma coming filled my lungs as soon as I entered the foyer. The scent led me to the kitchen, and I saw her around the stove stirring something in the saucepan. I walked up to her and placed a kiss on her cheek. “Hi, mom. Smells good.”

She smiled. “Hi, honey. Dinner’s almost ready. Are you hungry?”

“I’m starving.”

“How was school?”

I poured some water from the fridge and gulped it down in one go. “Good. Better than yesterday.”

She paused, turning off the burner before she turned to me. Her grey eyes finding mine. “How’re you coping with Heidi being back?”

I shrugged. “Better than I thought I would.”

I placed the glass into the sink and turned away, ending the conversation right there. Mom called after me before I could make it past the dining table. “Hey, you’re going to wash that glass.”

I groaned. “Fine, when I come back down.”

“Let Carly know dinner is ready.”

I ran from the kitchen, climbing the stairs two at a time. My sister’s room was right at the landing and I knocked loudly at the door. She yelled for me not to come in. I didn’t argue with her about it. “What?” She asked.

“Dinner’s ready.”

“Okay!”

I continued to my room, getting into the shower immediately before heading back down to dinner. Dinner went quick. Mom didn’t ask about Heidi again, which was good. After dinner, I went upstairs to do my homework. Then I was watching the movie Ms Chamberlain told us to watch. Aria called me when I was halfway through and since I hadn’t seen her since chemistry, I answered.

“How was musical theatre?” she immediately pried.

“We’re doing the greatest showman,” I told her, purposefully leaving out the part where Heidi joined the club and had a solo issued to her immediately. “I’m watching the movie right now.”

“Cool.”

“What are you up to?” I asked her.

“I’m staying with Heidi tonight. She needs help to finish unpacking before the weekend.”

“What’s happening this weekend?”

“Her mom’s coming.”

My mouth curled into an “Oh.”

“Want to meet my brother?” She asked excitedly.

“You should ask Jamie that. She would live with you guys for those few days.”

Aria laughed. “I have no interest in having her flaunt over Tyler. Plus, he’s married.”

“What are we going to do about her?” I asked, amused.

“No idea. I have to go. I’ll call you again later. Hopefully.”

“Bye. Love you.” We both said at the same time.

“Jinxed!”

“Jinxed again!”

“Jinxed!”

Dammit!

She laughed. “I would like a bottle of Stella Rossa. Red, preferably sweet.”

I rolled my eyes. “Child! I’m pretty sure my mom’s going to miss that from the cellar.”

“That’s not my problem.” She blew me a kiss on the phone. “G’night.”

“Night night.”

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

28.7K 582 24
just read it. Stud x Fem Hey yalllll! Don't be a ghost reader, talk to me I don't bite. ❀︎
10.3K 104 4
Short love stories, read it and find out ;)
152K 8.3K 51
They say Junior Year of College is the hardest, but for Iris, it's for new beginnings. It's never too late to live your dreams, which is precisely w...
1.8K 37 10
π™†π™–π™‘π™žπ™– π™Ÿπ™ͺ𝙨𝙩 π™¨π™©π™–π™§π™©π™šπ™™ π™˜π™€π™‘π™‘π™šπ™œπ™š & 𝙨𝙀 𝙛𝙖𝙧 π™¨π™π™š'𝙨 π™π™–π™«π™žπ™£π™œ 𝙖 π™œπ™€π™€π™™ π™©π™žπ™’π™š π™¬π™žπ™©π™ π™π™šπ™§ π™§π™€π™€π™’π™žπ™šπ™¨, 𝙗π™ͺ𝙩 π™₯...