I Fell Again - Luke Patterson

By moon_oxc

Adira Midnight King absolutely despised Luke Patterson and Sunset Curve. She only ever really liked Alex. It'... More

Cast
Prolouge
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Bonus chapter
Bonus chapter #2
New book posted!!!
Hey
Bonus Chapter #3
Questions
Posted!!!
Miraculous story

Chapter 3

7.6K 192 11
By moon_oxc

3rd PERSON POV

" Guys! Guys! Stop! Cut it out!" Julie yelled over them. " The whole neighborhood can hear you. I thought I told you to leave?" She shouted at them. " Wait. People can hear us play?" Luke asked surprised. " Yes! And so did my dad and brother!" She shouted, but not loud enough for anybody to come out to the garage.

" W- W- Wait. Wait. So only you can see us, but everyone can hear us?" Alex asked next. " I mean what kind of ghosts are we?" He asked confused. " Who cares, man? People can hear us play!" Luke said excitedly, giving everybody a fist bump. " We might be dead, but our music isn't" Reggie gave Luke a high five. Then Julie's dad came in.

" Hey. Just making sure you're ok" he looked over at the set up. " Yea, I'm fine. I just had to turn off the CD player" Julie tried distracting her dad. " Wait. Is this the junk that was in the loft?" He asked, surprised at how nice it was. "Junk?" Adira and Luke said in unison. They definitely weren't on speaking terms, but her guitar was laid out as well. It definitely wasn't junk. The ghosts watched as her dad played with Alex's drum set.

" Some of this stuff's in pretty good shape. Hey, maybe we can make a couple bucks" he suggested happily. " What? Yo, stop touching my drums. Tell him to stop touching my drums" Alex and the rest of the band pointed to Julie. " I like that song you had on" her dad came to face her.

" Sweet! We're Sunset Curve" Luke probably liked him a lot better now. " Tell your friends" Reggie added, again. " It's just an old CD I found" Julie tried to dismiss it. " Well, it's nice that you're listening to music again. Out here you can play whatever you want, whenever you want" Julies's dad swung his arms in Luke and Reggie.

" Oh! That's nice!" Reggie said happily. "Stay our of this" Julie forgot she's the only one who can see the ghosts, again. " I'm sorry, honey. I didn't..." Julie had realized what she said. " Oh no, no, no, no. Not you. I mean... Uh... Er. You know give me a minute" Julie dragged her dad to the door.

" He likes our song" Luke was happy. " Oh, well, he doesn't count. He's a dad" Alex dismissed it. " Why can't you guys just be normal ghosts?" Julie asked them. " Hang out at an old mansion. I hear Pasadena's nice" Julie have a suggestion and left.

"I think she's warming up to us" Alex said with a sarcastic smile. "I've always wanted to go to Pasadena" Reggie said, not realizing that Alex was using sarcasm. "I'll go talk to her" Adira said as she got off the couch. "You're gonna let us stay here if she agrees?" Luke definitely didn't see that coming, especially with the outburst she had a few minutes ago. "No. I'm gonna convince her to let Alex stay" she gave him a sarcastic smile before snapping her fingers and poofing out.

"That's the nicest thing she said to you since she saw you. I think she's warming up to you again" Alex tried to tease but he knew Adira and knew that she needed time. If they had questions then he knows she would help, but she just doesn't forgive and forget.

" Stop that. I'm serious" she had a firm tone. "I'm sorry" Adira apologized. " What do you want?" She crosses her arms over her chest. "Don't use that tone with me. I'm on your side" Adira reminded as she sat on Julie's bed. " Yea, it's just I've had a really, really awful day. I got kicked out of music" Julie mumbled. "Jules, I'm so sorry. I didn't know. We can talk about this later" Adira wasn't going to add a list of problems to the human.

"Well,... You're already here. Just tell me" Julie pleaded, she wanted to get out of her head. "Look, I know it's hard enough to live with one ghost. But, those guys have nowhere to go. As much as it pains me to say this, please let them stay? Or at least, Alex? He's the most responsible out of them" Julie could tell they had history with each other. But the look on Adira's face said that she wasn't ready to talk about it.

"I don't know. I just don't want them to mess something up, making dad think I'm crazy or something" she said with a sigh. "I'll keep them under control. Or try, at least. They're not bad guys, their really excited that they can play again. And if I know them like I think I do, even if you do kick them out, they'll just continue to play wherever they can" Adira offered. She didn't want to be a babysitter, but she didn't want Alex out there stressing about having nowhere to go.

"Are you sure you can handle it? I mean you've lived by yourself in there for a while" Julie didn't want to add pressure to the girl. "I can handle it. So, is that a yes?" Adira asked. Julie rolled her eyes but nodded. "Tell them to not mess up anything. A lot of it was my mom's" Julie warned as Adira nodded and snapped her fingers, poofing back into the garage.

"What did she say?" Alex asked first as she popped right back in. "She said you guys can stay" the guys cheered. "Don't break or touch anything" Adira warned. "Is that song on the piano Julie's? If so she's an amazing writer" Luke asked next, he at least wanted to be civil with her.

"It was her mom's song" she explained. "Was?" Reggie asked. "Her mom passed away about a year ago" a sad silence fell over the ghosts. "I'll be upstairs" Adira said as she poofed away.

About an hour later, Alex appeared in front of her. "The guys and I are going out. You wanna come?" She shook her head no. "You guys go. I'll probably just stay here, work on a few things" Alex nodded her head understandingly. Truth was, she goes to see her dad late at night. When she first began to figure this ghost thing out, she went to see if her dad still lived there, and he did.

She'd spend her nights watching the stars with him, or maybe even watching a movie. Or sometimes, if it was really late, she'd talk to him while he was asleep. She'd talk about memories, apologize, and even talk about her mom.

"Ok, we'll be back later" Alex didn't say sometime soon because he knew Luke wanted to catch himself up on what he's missed. Alex gave her one last smile before poofing away.

ADIRA'S POV

I poofed into my dad's house, seeing that he's not out here. I looked to the backyard to see him sitting on a swing staring at the night sky. I smiled as I poofed next to him. My dad never told me, but, I always figured that he gave me my middle name because of how much he loved the night and the stars.

"Full moon? Nice night" I said with a slight hum to my voice. The light shining on his face, letting me see that he's at peace, he's ok. "It's been a minute, huh?" I asked even though I know he's going to respond. "The moon and the stars. There's nothing like them, huh Midnight?" My dad said as he smiled slightly. He would talk as if I'm still here with him, and I am, he just can't see me.

"It's been a crazy day. The band, Luke, Alex, and Reggie? Yea, they're dead and ghosts with me. Talk about coincidence" I said with a sad smile. "I remember when I met your mom. It's funny because we met in the night. I was rushing home to get to my parents and she just got out of her car. I bumped into her and we just started from there" I listened closely considering that my dad never told me how they met.

"It's crazy a month after I'm out of that room, here comes the guys. They definitely haven't changed a bit. Alex, he's still a sensitive guy, but very sarcastic. Reggie, you know how he always is, happy and cheerful. I remember you asking me why he was always like that, asking if he was on drugs. And, Luke... I don't know. We were best friends. I'm just so angry at him, angry with him. I didn't take that song. I know I didn't take that song" I rambled as I tried to reach out and touch my dads shoulder, but it obviously went right through.

3rd PERSON POV

Adira was talking to her dad, not knowing that the boys were leaning over the back fence to hear everything. Alex and Reggie had slightly smiles on their face when she described them. Luke, he didn't know how to feel about her description. They all felt a lot worse when she had tears in her eyes as she said she didn't steal the song.

They don't even remember why they decided to come here. It's weird because Luke's parent's house is just a couple houses down. "I think we should go. This is really private" Alex whispered as they nodded but stopped when they heard sobs coming from Adira. "We really should go. She'll kill us if she find out we're here" Reggie said as they poofed out. But Luke stayed behind, giving her one last look before poofing out.

It was early in the morning when Adira poofed back into the garage, getting ready to sleep on the couch but stared at Julie who was playing the piano and singing. Adira cheered and even danced a little to Julie's singing.

Julie widened her eyes and almost stopped playing, but her shocked expression turned into a smile and a grateful nod. She gestured for Adira to come and sing with her. Obviously Adira agreed, she wasn't going to pass up a moment to sing with Julie, she'd be crazy. When they were done, Adira looked behind her to see the boys standing there.

Julie picked up the paper and held it to her chest. Adira knew Julie needed a moment.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

48K 1K 33
He looked dauntingly normal with the few oddities here and there. Underneath his eyes were dark eye bags which stood out against his pale skin and he...
88.8K 1.2K 24
Clay Jenses's sister discovers her brother is keeping an unusual guest in his room. What will happen next?
51.9K 1.5K 40
After Blake Jones' unexpected death, the four remaining members of sunset curve were left heartbroken. As they work and work to get to their big drea...
10.9K 63 17
The Conklin's go to Cousins Beach every summer with their mom and her best friends Susannah and her two sons. Bree never felt in place at Cousins Bea...