Damage Control

By mrbobvin

"You seem to have forgotten who I am," he whispered, caging me in with his arms once again. His stubbled face... More

Authors Note
Character Aesthetics
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Epilogue
Acknowledgments

Chapter 6

68.3K 1.9K 714
By mrbobvin

I spent the rest of the weekend cooped up inside, going over mass amounts of paperwork for Faye Industries. I kept trying to figure out where exactly my father went wrong with his gambling problem to put me in this unthinkable situation. But I was also burying myself in work so I wouldn't have to think about Carter and what I would say to him come Monday morning. Maybe he won't even bring it up and continue like nothing happened, I thought hopefully before turning in for the night.

As I walked through the doors of Crap Industries bright and early Monday morning, there was a weird feeling in the pit of my stomach. The closer I got to my floor, the more nervous I became. What was I even going to say to him? "Hey, Carter, your best friend who happens to be our boss who I happen to absolutely despise with every bone in my body threatened to bankrupt me because he thought I willingly put a dumb ass meal on his tab. I also wanted to strangle him to death right then and there, but I walked away instead and ditched you guys without saying anything." Hell no, I'm definitely leaning more towards a lie; I don't need any more drama in my life, seeing as I have enough to last a lifetime.

As the elevator doors slid open, my hands began to feel clammy; I quickly slid them down my dress wiping off the sweat that built up over the course of the thirty-second ride. Making my way to my office, I scanned the room to see if Carter was anywhere around, and lucky for me, he wasn't. Breathing a sigh of relief, I hastily unlocked my office, slammed the door, and pressed my forehead against it, relieved that I was able to get away unseen.

"I knew you would try to avoid me." A low voice spoke up from behind me.

"Fuck." I whispered, slowly turning around, coming face to face with Carter. He cocked an eyebrow as he rubbed his light stubble, clearly waiting for an explanation.

"How did you get in here?" I asked, changing the subject as I made my way to my desk.

"Stazi don't do that," he murmured, taking a seat in front of me. "Did I do something wrong? I apologize if I took it too far on the dance floor and made you do something you didn't necessarily want to do. It was never my intention to make you uncomfortable, and I-"

"Carter, stop," I said, interrupting his unneeded apology. "You did nothing wrong; I enjoyed every moment I spent there."

"Then why did you leave?" He asked, clasping his hands together while leaning forward. His topaz eyes bore into mine as I gathered my thoughts.

"I started feeling sick." I lied, tearing my eyes away from his; if I kept staring into them, I probably would've told him the truth.

"Well, are you feeling any better?" He questioned further with a concerned look on his face.

"Yea, I am, thanks for asking." I smiled apologetically. "I'm really sorry, by the way."

He shook his head and smirked, "It's fine, but a little warning next time would be nice; Stella was freaking out."

"Of course she was." I laughed, imagining her going into hysterics. "But It won't happen again," I assured him.

Carter shot me a grateful smile and said his goodbye before exiting my office, leaving me alone to work. That actually went way better than I originally planned, of course it helped that he didn't pry and just accepted my answer as is. Elated that the worst was over, I turned my computer on to check my emails and go over paperwork before my lunch break, but it was cut short by the voice that came from my intercom.

"Come to my office now," It ordered.

"Fuckkkkkkkk." I groaned in irritation, just when I thought my day was going smoothly. I made my way towards his office and began mentally preparing before finally deciding to play the nice card, no more snapping at him, giving attitude, or even showing irritated facial expressions. When it comes down to it, he's going to have to dig up a reason to fire me because from here on, Sassy Stazi is gone, and Cordial Stazi is here to stay.

"You rang?" I asked nonchalantly as I waltzed into his office without bothering to knock. Even though I'm cordial Stazi now, it's still fuck him, especially after what happened Friday night.

"If you ever have anything to say to me," he started in a hushed tone. "I'd rather you act maturely and say it to my face. Making Carter speak for you pertaining to what happened Friday night was weak and pathetic, even for you."

I stood there frozen, trying to make sense of his words until it finally hit me. Carter knew all along about what happened that night; Tammy must've told him, which is why he went to Nathaniel about it. I couldn't decide whether that was the sweetest or dumbest thing he's done for me, but he's certainly made my job a lot harder now. Nonetheless, the fact that he stood up for me made my body feel warm inside, but it also meant he knows I lied to him. Fucking great.

"Is that what you called me in here for?" I finally spoke, looking up to meet his stone-cold sapphire eyes. His hair was sleeked back as always except for a loose strand that hung between his eyes; the tight maroon suit he was sporting complimented his massive build making him look like he just came from a photoshoot.

"I need you to schedule appointments I have for the week and type up the reports from last week's Budget and Financial meeting," he commanded, sliding a folder full of documents across his desk towards me.

I nodded swiftly as I grabbed the folder and turned to escape before he could say anything else that may piss me off.

"You're also coming to a business dinner with me tonight, so make sure you wear something presentable, not any of the slutty outfits you choose to wear here," he instructed coolly.

That easily caught my attention. "Why do you need me there?" I asked calmly as I turned around to face him once again. Why must he test my patience like this?

"I need to finalize a deal, and you being there will guarantee that," he answered honestly, clearly implying something. What he didn't say is that he wants me to accompany him so he can show me off like a piece of candy to some disgusting business man allowing him to automatically get the deal because who can't resist the presence of a beautiful woman? Nathaniel may be the most deplorable man I've ever come across, but he isn't stupid hence why he's one of the wealthiest human beings on fucking earth. But if he wants to play this game, so be it, I'll make sure he gets this deal, but little does he know it's going to come with a price.

"Sure thing Nathaniel, anything else?" I inquired before turning to leave again. He glared at me but said nothing else, letting me know that I'm dismissed. When I got back to my office, I instantly began working on completing the tasks he gave before he decides to pile more work on top of that. Typing up and organizing the budgeting notes stole most of my time away, causing me to work through my lunch break up until it was time to head home. Why he gave me so much work to do on a night he wanted my attendance at this business dinner was beyond me, I'm guessing it's just one of his many douche bag moves.

When I got home minutes to 8:00 PM, I quickly showered and got myself ready after realizing Nathaniel never filled me in on what time the dinner was for. But because he had to add his rude comment about my dressing, I decided to dress more vulgar than usual out of spite. Putting on a silk nude v-cut long-sleeve top with a white mini skirt paired with silky nude knee-high boots did the trick. (See picture above).

"Miss Faye, a Mr. Creed, is waiting outside for you." Jeff, the penthouse receptionist, announced through the intercom system.

Waiting outside for me? How does he even know where I live? I really shouldn't put anything past him, considering he has connections everywhere. Ignoring my swarming thoughts, I grabbed my purse and made my way downstairs to find Nathaniel's blacked-out limo waiting curbside.

"Miss Faye." His driver greeted, taking off his chauffeur hat as he held the limo door open for me. He was a handsome older man around his 50-60s with peppered short hair and dark brown eyes; the all-black tailored suit he wore was pressed to perfection; I expected nothing less from someone working for a man like Nathaniel. I smiled politely and climbed inside, making myself comfortable on the dark leather seats. On the opposite side of the limo, Nathaniel sat cross-legged, too engrossed in his phone to notice my presence.

"You have 10 minutes to go back up there and change," he spoke without looking up. How the fuck did he see what I was wearing already?

"I'm not changing."

"And I'm not going to tell you again," he informed lowly, still looking down.

"Then don't." I challenged, crossing my arms against my chest as his eyes shot up to meet mine.

"Anastasia-"

"It's Anastazi, but let's not act like you didn't know that already." I corrected, placing my leg on top of the other, causing my skirt to rise.

"I don't care what your name is troia, go change," he ordered again. (Slut).

"No."

"Piccola stronza, perché devi essere così testardo?" He huffed angrily, pinching the bridge of his nose. (You annoying little fuck, why must you be so stubborn?)

"Look, we can either sit here arguing all night, or we can go close this deal and get this shit over with." I offered, ignoring his Italian rant, or whatever language that was.

"I'll deal with you later." He growled, tapping on the rolled-up window leading to the front part of the driver's section.

"Looking forward to it." I winked, flashing him a bright smile as the limo advanced forward.

The entire car ride to the fancy restaurant of his choosing was filled with silence, not that I wanted to talk to him anyway; all he knows how to do is insult me apparently. So I used that time to study his perfect appearance. How can one man be this beautiful? From his perfectly structured face to his thick black soft hair to his stunning teal eyes, his plump red lips, his muscular arms, and his dark tattoos, the fucking cherry on top. I imagined his teeth to be pearly white and straight as nails, but I'm sure I'll die before seeing that man smile. Besides that, he was the type of guy you only dreamt about because you never thought anyone that looked like him could exist. Why oh fucking why does this beautifully handsome face have to be attached to a monster? I thought to myself.

"You're staring." He observed, still fixated on his phone.

"No, I'm not," I mumbled, quickly looking away, embarrassed I'd been caught. After what felt like years, we finally arrived at our destination.

"Stay close and don't speak," Nathaniel whispered gruffly in my ear as we made our way inside the five-star restaurant.

"Mr. Creed benvenuto!" The host at the front door greeted with a warm smile. (Welcome!)

"Alfonso." Nathaniel nodded curtly at the small Italian man.

"Follow me; your table's this way," Alfonso said, guiding us through the busy vicinity. Huge narrow gold chandeliers hung from the square rooted ceiling as maroon curtains covered every window giving the room a Victorian feel. The round walnut-colored tables accented the plush oval chairs perfectly; the man knows how to pick a restaurant I'll give him that. Alfonso led us to a private part of the restaurant that revealed a wide circular table with three chairs surrounding it, two on one side, and one on the other.

"The usual as always, Sir?" He asked Nathaniel through his thick accent. Nathaniel nodded once again then turned to me once we were alone.

"Jason will be here in five minutes; you will not say a word to him; I will be doing all the talking. If he asks you a question, I will answer it; you are to sit there and shut up, do you understand?"

I laughed inwardly at his serious tone, knowing that doesn't work on me but reluctantly shook my head, acknowledging his words.

"Speak," he commanded roughly. "Do. You. Understand?"

"Don't tell me what to fucking do," I snapped. "I heard you the first time."

So much for cordial Stazi.

Minutes later, a man I assume is Jason waltzed into our private section with a bright smile on his face. He, too, looked like he just came from a photoshoot; what is up with all these beautiful men? His golden blonde hair was brushed neatly into a low ponytail, he wore a navy blue tight fit suit similar to what Nathaniel wears, and his emerald green eyes were light and warm.

"Nate, it's good to see you again." Jason beamed, walking over to the table, shaking Nathaniel's hand roughly before taking a seat across from us.

"Likewise, Jason."

"And who do we have here?" Jason asked, shifting his attention towards me.

"This is-"

"Hello, I'm Anastazi Faye, the previous owner of Faye Industries." I Interrupted Nathaniel giving Jason my best smile. "It's so nice to finally meet you; I've heard so much about you." I gushed, extending my hand across the table to shake his.

--

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

161K 4.6K 23
"I have a goddess in front of me, it'd be a crime not to worship her." He whispered in my ear. His lips and hands met my skin anywhere they could. Hi...
1.1M 72.8K 82
He placed both his hard, and muscular hands over my upperarms, as he pinned me to the wall ─preventing me from moving. Questions shot my mind like a...
1M 16.1K 87
{Completed} I bend her over the table and smack her perfect shaped ass. She moaned in response and oh how it was music to my ear. I place my dick at...
1.3M 28.2K 59
[COMPLETED] _____________________________________________ "You're worth more than a fucking deal, Amara." __________________________________________...