𝐎𝐟 𝐒𝐞𝐫𝐩𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐬 𝐀𝐧𝐝...

By bouncygnocchi

The impending Second Wizarding War brings two people from opposite worlds together. She, of grace and gentlen... More

𝐓𝐑𝐀𝐈𝐋𝐄𝐑
Author's Note/Disclaimer
| 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐒 | 𝐜𝐚𝐬𝐭
𝐏𝐫𝐞𝐥𝐮𝐝𝐞
𝐒𝐮𝐧𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐞
𝐒𝐞𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐝
𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐡
𝐅𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐡
𝐄𝐂𝐋𝐈𝐏𝐒𝐄
𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐉𝐔𝐍𝐂𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍
| 𝐋𝐔𝐏𝐔𝐒 | 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘧𝘪𝘳𝘴𝘵 𝘮𝘦𝘦𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘨
| 𝐆𝐄𝐌𝐈𝐍𝐈 | 𝘪𝘯𝘥𝘦𝘤𝘪𝘴𝘪𝘷𝘦𝘯𝘦𝘴𝘴
| 𝐋𝐄𝐏𝐔𝐒 | 𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘸𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘴
| 𝐃𝐄𝐋𝐏𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐈𝐔𝐒 | 𝘢 𝘴𝘢𝘷𝘪𝘰𝘶𝘳 (*TW)
| 𝐂𝐀𝐄𝐋𝐔𝐌 | 𝘧𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘯𝘥𝘴𝘩𝘪𝘱
| 𝐌𝐈𝐂𝐑𝐎𝐒𝐂𝐎𝐏𝐈𝐔𝐌 | 𝘣𝘭𝘰𝘴𝘴𝘰𝘮𝘪𝘯𝘨
| 𝐂𝐀𝐍𝐂𝐄𝐑 | 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘨𝘪𝘧𝘵
| 𝐀𝐏𝐔𝐒 | 𝘸𝘩𝘪𝘴𝘬𝘦𝘺 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘳𝘭𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵
| 𝐒𝐄𝐑𝐏𝐄𝐍𝐒 | 𝘴𝘦𝘤𝘵𝘶𝘮𝘴𝘦𝘮𝘱𝘳𝘢
| 𝐋𝐈𝐁𝐑𝐀 | 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘧𝘪𝘳𝘴𝘵 𝘬𝘪𝘴𝘴
| 𝐂𝐎𝐑𝐎𝐍𝐀 𝐁𝐎𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐋𝐈𝐒 | 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘧𝘦𝘴𝘴𝘪𝘰𝘯𝘴
| 𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐃𝐀𝐍𝐔𝐒 | 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘥𝘢𝘳𝘬 𝘮𝘢𝘳𝘬
| 𝐔𝐑𝐒𝐀 𝐌𝐈𝐍𝐎𝐑 | 𝘨𝘰𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘩𝘰𝘮𝘦
| 𝐏𝐄𝐆𝐀𝐒𝐔𝐒 | 𝘴𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘰𝘯𝘭𝘺 𝘸𝘦 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸
| 𝐓𝐑𝐈𝐀𝐍𝐆𝐔𝐋𝐔𝐌 | 𝘢 𝘧𝘪𝘯𝘦 𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘦
| 𝐋𝐘𝐑𝐀 | 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘷𝘦𝘯'𝘴 𝘥𝘢𝘯𝘤𝘦𝘧𝘭𝘰𝘰𝘳
| 𝐕𝐈𝐑𝐆𝐎 | 𝘣𝘦𝘭𝘰𝘯𝘨𝘪𝘯𝘨
| 𝐇𝐎𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐈𝐔𝐌 | 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘱𝘦𝘯𝘥𝘶𝘭𝘶𝘮 𝘴𝘸𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘴
| 𝐂𝐑𝐔𝐗 | 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘥𝘢𝘳𝘬𝘦𝘴𝘵 𝘰𝘧 𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘦𝘴
| 𝐃𝐑𝐀𝐂𝐎 | 𝘥𝘦𝘢𝘵𝘩 𝘰𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘱𝘩𝘰𝘦𝘯𝘪𝘹
| 𝐂𝐀𝐍𝐄𝐒 𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐂𝐈 | 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘤𝘢𝘳𝘳𝘰𝘸𝘴
| 𝐂𝐎𝐑𝐕𝐔𝐒 | 𝘭𝘦𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘴
| 𝐒𝐂𝐔𝐓𝐔𝐌 | 𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘤𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘰𝘧 𝘯𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵
| 𝐂𝐀𝐍𝐈𝐒 𝐌𝐀𝐉𝐎𝐑 | 𝘩𝘶𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘥
| 𝐂𝐎𝐋𝐔𝐌𝐁𝐀 | 𝘚𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘖𝘶𝘳 𝘚𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘴
| 𝐀𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐒 | 𝘢 𝘴𝘢𝘤𝘳𝘪𝘧𝘪𝘤𝘪𝘢𝘭 𝘭𝘢𝘮𝘣 (*TW)
| 𝐀𝐍𝐃𝐑𝐎𝐌𝐄𝐃𝐀 | 𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘲𝘶𝘪𝘦𝘵 𝘰𝘧 𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘳𝘴 (*TW)
| 𝐀𝐔𝐑𝐈𝐆𝐀 | 𝘩𝘦𝘭𝘱 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘴
| 𝐒𝐀𝐆𝐈𝐓𝐓𝐀 | 𝘵𝘰 𝘵𝘩𝘰𝘴𝘦 𝘸𝘩𝘰 𝘥𝘦𝘴𝘦𝘳𝘷𝘦 𝘪𝘵
| 𝐂𝐄𝐓𝐔𝐒 | 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘤𝘰𝘶𝘯𝘵𝘥𝘰𝘸𝘯 𝘣𝘦𝘨𝘪𝘯𝘴 (*TW)
𝐈𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐥𝐮𝐝𝐞
| 𝐀𝐑𝐀 | 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘪𝘴 𝘸𝘢𝘳
| 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐍𝐀𝐗 | 𝘪𝘯𝘵𝘰 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘧𝘭𝘢𝘮𝘦𝘴
| 𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐒𝐄𝐔𝐒 | 𝘦𝘹𝘱𝘦𝘤𝘵𝘰 𝘱𝘢𝘵𝘳𝘰𝘯𝘶𝘮
| 𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐂𝐔𝐋𝐄𝐒 | 𝘢𝘯 𝘶𝘯𝘦𝘹𝘱𝘦𝘤𝘵𝘦𝘥 𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘦𝘨𝘪𝘢𝘯𝘤𝘦
| 𝐕𝐔𝐋𝐏𝐄𝐂𝐔𝐋𝐀 | 𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘯𝘢𝘩'𝘴 𝘳𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯𝘨𝘦 (*TW)
| 𝐁𝐎𝐎𝐓𝐄𝐒 | 𝘩𝘢𝘳𝘳𝘺 𝘱𝘰𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘪𝘴 𝘥𝘦𝘢𝘥
| 𝐎𝐏𝐇𝐈𝐔𝐂𝐇𝐔𝐒 | 𝘳𝘦𝘥𝘦𝘮𝘱𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯
𝐁𝐋𝐀𝐂𝐊 𝐇𝐎𝐋𝐄
𝐃𝐀𝐑𝐊 𝐍𝐄𝐁𝐔𝐋𝐀 (*TW)
𝐃𝐀𝐑𝐊 𝐀𝐃𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍
𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐇𝐒𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐄
𝐁𝐈𝐍𝐀𝐑𝐘 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐒 (*TW)
𝐄𝐐𝐔𝐈𝐍𝐎𝐗
𝐒𝐎𝐋𝐒𝐓𝐈𝐂𝐄
𝐑𝐄𝐓𝐑𝐎𝐆𝐑𝐀𝐃𝐄 (*TW)
𝐂𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐒𝐓𝐈𝐀𝐋 𝐂𝐎𝐎𝐑𝐃𝐈𝐍𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐒
𝐒𝐮𝐧𝐬𝐞𝐭
𝐏𝐨𝐬𝐭𝐥𝐮𝐝𝐞
Author's Note
SEQUEL | sneak peak

𝐅𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭

1.6K 81 174
By bouncygnocchi

NOTE: slightly long chapter ahead because they have a few interactions in their first year ☺️

🤍

Dear Mum and Dad,

So I've been sorted into Hufflepuff House. I'm writing to you from our common room now. You'll like it, Dad. It's very cosy! Professor Sprout is our Head of House. She teaches us Herbology too. 

Classes are fun. We have Charms, Transfiguration, Potions, Defense Against the Dark Arts, Herbology, and Astronomy. But you already know Herbology and Astronomy are my favourite, of course!

The castle is humongous, and my friends Hannah , Susan, and I explore it over the weekends because we can't go to Hogsmeade yet. We've made friends with Harry Potter too! Everybody is really nice and we all get along. Maybe not so much with the Slytherins, but they don't seem interested anyway.

How have you been? Mum hasn't been too weepy, I hope! Dad, draw me the star map from back home. I've drawn Hogwarts's at the bottom of this letter. Hope to hear from you soon.

Kisses and misses!
Angel

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

Dear Angel,

We're so glad you're having fun, love! And also learning lots of new things, we hope. It's dad writing here, but mum is right beside me. She has been doing a bit of crying, but only because she misses you. We both do!

Things have been terribly boring back home without you, unfortunately. Mum's got no one to cook for except me, and she isn't as fond of stargazing as you are. I'm still doing it every night (almost), but it certainly feels different! 

Does Dumbledore allow sweets, or do you just have to make do without your silly jellybeans? Anywho, we've sent some for you to share with your friends. It should come together with this letter. Once you are able to go to Hogsmeade, we'll send you some more money and you can buy your own, then!

Pay attention in lessons and don't go getting yourself in any sort of trouble, alright? We love and miss you very much!

P.S. The past few nights have been cloudy so no star map for you, sorry dear.

Kisses and misses,
Dad & Mum

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

Angel could barely contain her excitement as she scanned the courtyard for her friends. Hannah, and Susan stood at the far corner together with Ernie Macmillan and Zacharias Smith.

"Look, guys", she called, running up to them and opening the bag to reveal its contents. The girls squealed with delight.

"Blimey, Angel! Where'd you get these?" Ernie asked her.

"My parents sent them. I think there's just enough to split it evenly between the six of us!"

"What have you got there?" A voice interrupted their excited chatter, and they turned in unison. Draco Malfoy stalked up to them, Crabbe and Goyle bumbling behind. Hannah stepped in front of Angel and folded her arms. "Why?"

"Because I asked, that's why," Draco spat, trying to see what or who Hannah was blocking him from. His steely eyes took in every member of the Hufflepuff group.

Angel peeped out from behind Hannah. "It's alright, Hannah. There's plenty to go around." She started to hold out the bag towards Draco, but Hannah dug her elbow into her ribs, hard. "Not for him, there isn't! We're Hufflepuffs, not pushovers, Draco. Get that into your thick head, or does all that white hair keep anything from going in or out?"

At once, Draco whipped out his wand at Hannah and waved it with flourish. They'd barely learnt any spells yet, but the way he was holding it seemed otherwise.

Just then, a shout came from across the yard. An older boy with dark brown hair broke into a jog towards them. "Hey. Is there a problem here?"

He was much taller than all of them, and by his Quidditch robes, Angel could deduce he was at least a year older, and much more intimidating than the little fair-haired boy in front of them. 

Draco narrowed his eyes at them. "No," he said reluctantly before promptly stalking off, his two cronies tripping over their feet as they tried to keep up.

"Slytherins," remarked the older boy. "They can be like that - some of them, at least. Don't pay them any mind." He turned back to them. "First year, eh?" They nodded.

"Cedric Diggory. Third year." Hannah smiled gratefully at him. "Thanks, Cedric. I'm Hannah Abbott, this is Angel Dawson, Ernie Macmillan, and Zach Smith."

"Nice to meet you all. How are you finding your first week at Hogwarts?"

"It's is awfully big!" Ernie piped up, and they all laughed nervously, feeling small and shy around this older boy.

Cedric nodded in agreement. "You'll get used to it. Well, see you all around! Don't be strangers." He gave them a small wink before joining his friends, who were all carrying proper Quidditch broomsticks.

"I should've offered him something," Angel said, looking into the bag, but Susan only chuckled. "More for us!"

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

🖤

"Draco!" a small voice called from behind him. He immediately felt a surge of irritation. None of the students who weren't his friends had dared to call him by his name like that. He turned around, finding that it was that irksome Dawson girl.

"Here," she said, holding out a small bag. He looked at her, at the bag, and then back at her again.

"What is it?"

"Just wanted to give them to you."

He took the bag and opened it hesitantly, half expecting a toad or snake to jump out at him. You never know with these people.

Instead, he was staring down at three Fizzing Whizzbees, a tiny grey pack of Pepper Imps, and a few single sherbet lemons.  

"The Fizzing Whizbees are loads of fun," she began chattering excitedly. "You, Crabbe, and Goyle could have one each, and-"

"Don't tell me what to do," he snapped. Her eyes widened in stunned silence, and he carried on. "Also, you're to call me Malfoy. The next time you call me Draco again, I'll hex you." Scrunching the neck of the bag in his fingers, he gave her one last scathing look before turning on his heels back to the Slytherin dorms.

With the bag carefully tucked into his robes, he silently climbed the stairs that led to his own private chamber. They all had one, the richer and more powerful families who could afford it.

Arriving at his door, he spoke the password: "green apples". The locks clicked open and he entered, immediately throwing himself on the bed. The mattress was so huge it seemed to almost swallow him up.

He took care not to disturb the pile of candy that was already sat in the middle of the bed. He'd managed to extort them from a Gryffindor student earlier, right after the incident with that blasted Hufflepuff group which had left him absolutely humiliated.

Anger suddenly boiled over in him. Who had that Quidditch player been? Well, he was stupid. They all were. And yellow is an ugly colour anyway.

He took out the bag Dawson had given him and emptied its contents onto his bed. "Queenbee Fizzing Whizbees", he read the label on the bright pink packet. The three remaining balls rolled about inside.

He'd never had them before, or any candy, for that matter. His parents simply didn't allow it back home. They'd let him have anything he wanted but sweets. Rots your teeth and your brain, his father would tell him.

His house elf Dobby snuck out once or twice and come back with a sherbet lemon - a muggle sweet - but that had been a really long time ago, before Draco knew much about Muggles and why they were bad. He tossed the sherbets aside with disgust, focusing his attention on the Pepper Imps now.

Why doesn't his parents send him sweets? His face heated up with indignation. Whatever, his parents were better than those stupid half-bloods anyway - even the Abbotts, bumbling fools. They probably lived in a run-down shack like the Weasleys.

He, on the other hand, was a Malfoy! People respected and feared their name, and he will do well to ensure he lived up to it. 

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

It was a beautiful Tuesday morning, and there was just the right amount of clouds in the sky so that it wasn't too hot or shady.

Draco stood with Crabbe, Goyle, and Pansy, a Slytherin girl they'd sat with at the Start-of-Term Feast. He'd discovered she had a fondness for pushing others and stealing their food too, and they'd become fast friends.

"Look what that fat one's got in his hands. Reckon we can take it?" Pansy whispered beside him, and Draco looked over.

Neville Longbottom was showing the Dawson girl a glass ball, which shone brilliantly in the sun. He hated the both of them. "You bet," he said to Pansy, and they both shared a grin.

The chatter died down when a professor with spiky grey hair strode up between the two groups, her black robes billowing behind her in the wind. "Good afternoon, class," she said, her voice deep and rumbling. "Good afternoon, Madam Hooch," everyone responded in unison, some staring in wonder at the professor's piercing yellow eyes.

At Madam Hooch's instructions, Draco stretched his hand over his broom and commanded, "up!" Immediately, his broom flew up to meet his hand, and he smirked at his success. Around him, dozens of 'up's echoed across the yard as everyone struggled.

"Now," Madam Hooch continued when everyone managed to get their brooms. "On my whistle, you will kick off from the ground, keep your brooms steady, hover for a moment, then lean forward, and touch back down."

Draco was getting ready to kick off when Longbottom started floating up by himself. His broom began jerking in all directions and shot up into the sky as his classmates called his name from below.

"Come back down this instant!" Madam Hooch cried above the din, and Draco couldn't hide his laughter any longer. Longbottom's broom zoomed off, bouncing off the stone walls like a rubber ball until eventually, his robes got caught on the spear of a statue and ripped. The fat boy fell onto the ground with a loud thud. 

"Neville!" Dawson ran up to Longbottom, together with Potter and his silly friends. Draco split his sides laughing along with the entire Slytherin team.

He was watching with amusement as the crowd parted for Madam Hooch, when a small glint in the grass caught his eye. It was Longbottom's glass ball. He began to pick it up, but another hand beat him to it.

"You found it, Malfoy! It's Neville's Remembrall!" Dawson trilled, completely oblivious that he'd wanted it for himself.

Draco stepped up and his hands connected with her shoulders. She stumbled back at the great force, falling over onto the grass. "Not anymore," he said as he swooped up the ball.

He eyed her with satisfaction as she picked herself up, preparing for some sort of angry reaction. Instead, she was looking at him with a sort of curiosity. He ignored this and snickered, as he rejoined his group. It didn't take long for him to forget about her.  

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

🤍

"Just say the word and I'll jinx the blond off of him!" Hannah grumbled, pulling Angel back onto her feet.

"You will do no such thing!" Angel laughed as she dusted her robes and picked up her books.

"Arseholes!" Hannah shouted after Crabbe and Goyle, who were sniggering to themselves as they ran off.

As usual, they'd acted under Draco's orders. They always planned their attacks to take place in the hallways in between lessons, when Professors were busy preparing for their next class.

Hannah rolled her eyes. "It's like he's made it his life's mission to make us all miserable! And not just us, you know? He goes after the Gryffindors and Ravenclaws too, especially Harry Potter. The nerve, honestly! I'd say he's just jealous."

Angel shrugged passively. In their first few months, Hannah and Susan had tried to plead with him, but nothing worked. The aggressive counters from her Gryffindor friends seemed to be useless too. And the times he did get punished, Snape, the head of Slytherin House, always put a good word in from him.

Protesting and retaliation proved futile, and she'd come to learn that Draco Malfoy was untouchable.

Be kind, people are fighting their own battles inside, her father had told her once. Draco Malfoy must've been fighting World War III in his head, she figured.

The two continued their way to Charms in comfortable silence, joined by Zach on the way. "Whats' the matter?" he asked, noticing Hannah's sullen face.

"Zach, be a man and make all of Draco's hair fall out, will you?" Angel knew Hannah was only half joking when she said this.

"Please don't make me, Your Highness," Zach clasped his hands and mock-begged. "I am but thirteen - hardly a man! Have mercy, O Mighty One," The girls giggled as Hannah hit his shoulder with her book.

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

A/N:

Hello! I know this chapter was a little long but it gives quite a bit of context and insight into Angel's relationship with Draco and her friends, as well as her parents. I PROMISE THE WRITING GETS BETTER. 

The next few chapters are also snippets of their interactions. But, if you want, you can skip ahead to Eclipse! That's when Draco and Angel meet again. 

Thank you for reading so far. Please leave a comment or vote to let me know what you think ❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.7K 236 86
"Please don't, for one second, ever doubt my love for you. That's the only thing I'm sure of." ** What happens when a Half-blood Hufflepuff sweethear...
120K 11K 80
Two arrogant, stubborn and headstrong enemies who are the bane of each other's existence. So, what happens when the temperature rises? Does disdain u...
48.3K 1.1K 17
A young girl named Y/n Everglade has been best friends with a boy named Draco Malfoy ever since they were little kids. When they go to Hogwarts thing...
6.8K 235 19
(A Draco Malfoy x she/her Reader fanfiction) Sequel to Don't Ever Forget. After the imprisonment of the delusional pureblood supremacist, and former...