Princess Thief [✔]

Від xxsoteria

A princess in name, in body, and in blood but when her mask is on, she becomes the thief who's the enemy of a... Більше

Writers's Note
Gallery
Prologue
01. At Present Time
02. Magic of Disguise
03. Fedor Manor
04. Little Damsel
05. An Invitation Sent to Ace
06. Willow
07. The Gem and the Stone
08. Twilight Party
09. Reichen
10. The Second Day
11. The Brazen Knight
12. Haunted Past
13. A Visit from Carrion
14. The Royal Family of Ezriel
15. A Price To Pay
16. The Oubliette
17. White Bandits
18. The Encounter at Mt. Grisly
19. Never Ending Confusion
20. The Amica
21. Verdari, The Magic of Barrier
22. The Siblings
23. The Selection
24. Enchantment
25. The Princess and The Knights
26. Welcome to Deliora
27. Reid
28. The King and His Brides
29. Silverious
30. The Crusaders
31. Carline
32. Hypocrisy
33. A Liar
34. The Mark of Deliora
35. Renounce
36. The Goddess, The Fallen God, and The True God
37. Lost Treasures
38. Reichen's Earring
39. His Identity
40. Resonance
41. Sun Month
42. The Goddess Temple
44. Arvory Manor
45. Willow's Party
46. A Reaper
47. The Real Monster
48. The Last Treasure
49. Xenon
50. The Magic of Ace
51. The Dead Prince
52. Selfishness
53. Choices
54. The Fallen God's Curse
55. The Goddess' Blessings
Epilogue
Ending Note
Side Story: Cannaria
Side Story: Night
Side Story: Erodessa

43. Linosas Kingdom of the Far East

585 79 9
Від xxsoteria

SÓLMÁNUÐUR DAY OF FRIGG

It was a late evening when Sullien delivered a message last night. They finally had a lead to the Lost Treasure located in Deliora Kingdom. With that said, he only came to pass the information since Sullien was responsible for the mission at Druir Woodlands to confirm the newfound discovery from the other day.

If the Crusaders truly located the Reapers headquarters, we could start our attack as soon as possible as we had all approved from the meeting that was also held yesterday. Each of us had been deployed in our tasks and was again divided into who would go with Sullien and who would find the treasures. I volunteered for the latter since stealing had been part of my strengths.

Reichen himself ask me to come with him to get the Lost Treasure in Linosas Kingdom. At first, Blaze was supposed to be Reichen's partner but he was still occupied with that matter on Carrion. I wanted to team up with Willow but she was absent and I hadn't heard anything from her since my birthday. With both having missing partners, Reichen and I naturally decided to be a pair.

"You should return her safely, understood? If something bloody happened to Ace, you'll reciprocate it ten times more." It was another warning from Night that had slowly become a ritual every time we parted ways without him.

"Of course, I would not let any harm come to her. Not in my watch."

His overconfidence earned him a smack from Night. "What's with that arrogant attitude, bastard? You shouldn't dare take advantage of her either. She can be with anyone but you."

"Why? What's wrong with me? As far as I could tell, I'm a perfect candidate."

I grimaced at Reichen's overwhelming conceitedness while they talked as if I was invisible.

"Everything is shady with you, dimwit."

"Not as much as you are. It would be the talk of the town once people learned that the rumored pr---"

"So we are digging dirt, are we? What about a puppet king?" Night rebutted.

Reichen grinned. "I don't care. I came clean with Ace. You better do, too. You might not easily get away as I did."

My ears perked from their conversation. The untold secrets never ceased. The more they were exposed, the more I discovered there were more.

"What is it?" I inserted.

They merely skimmed at me before eyeing each other. One had a challenging stare while the other was clearly backed into a corner.

"What route will you take going to the Far East?"

It was a sorry excuse to divert my attention but I let him be. This was nothing new when it came to Night.

"We'll go through Masiera Range although it may take us a while. Tetrae Lands is not an option and the weather had not been good in the Winterlands," Reichen answered properly when I thought he would not let Night pass.

"Alright. I'm heading to Winlore Kingdom so I'll come with you till we reach the Esrua Forest."

After that, they got along like they had a tacit agreement on not barring Night's secret which made me want to nose around. I could only assume it was highly confidential for them to behave like this.

***

Unlike the prosperous lands in the west which earned the moniker of Grand West, the kingdoms in the Far East were scattered and lacked the beautiful winter scapes. A kingdom here was a mere city back on the opposite of the Tetrae Lands where we came from.

Except for one that flourished in these golden sands. The Kingdom of Linosas. The home of all exotic flowers that could be only found here in the East.

It could be considered an empire with all the small kingdoms under its name. Because of the power of the Great Five and the pact between the kingdoms of the west, no one dared to usurp one another and it remained as peaceful between the kingdoms as it could be. The last attempt to unite the kingdoms had been a catastrophe worse than the tragedy that the Dark Queen ensued in her hands.

On the other hand, it was contrary in the east for it was a battle of territories with a bloodier history which was signified by the sculpture that was decorated in the center of the plaza.

We were seated at one of the terrace restaurants as we were overlooking the most regarded landmark in this kingdom. The statue of the war hero and the most prestigious king with prowess that could rival one of the Great Five and made Linosas what it was today, King Gryvel Linosas.

The life-size model was believed to be molded as the real person. It was dressed in the king's glorious knight uniform that was made of real silver and gold but that was not all.

King Linosas was known to have mismatched eyes of golden brown and a light shade of red that was closest to pink. The gemstone that was said to be used for his right eye was one of a kind and sought after by everyone. With only the streetlamps illuminating it, the precious crystal was glinting in the evening sky.

"This is such a blatant display of the Lost Treasure but why did no one have it yet?" I asked Reichen who was enjoying his meal notwithstanding the stifling warm night.

He looked fresh while I was beaded with perspiration all over my body.

"Can't you see that?" He gestured with his lips, pointing to the figures below the platform where the statue was.

"Well, of course."

Aside from the precious stones used for the statue, the knights guarding it were also well known for they were like statues themselves with how they were not moving a single day.

"They are the most elite troupe in the whole kingdom and even Amicas and Cattivos will have trouble with them."

"And you expect only the two of us could defeat them?"

I had altered my face and my monolid eyes could not grow any wider as my thin lips gaped at his ludicrous statement. If countless people could not overthrow them, then how much more there were only two of us.

I knew my limitations and I did not overestimate myself. I thought Reichen was the same in how he was scrupulous in planning but his brain must be fried from the scorching heat of the kingdom.

"Indubitably. You may have thought I have hidden intentions when I implored you to come with me but there is none."

It did cross my mind but I ignored it since spending a night outside with only the two of us was no different from the usual since we were practically together most of the time.

"I chose you because of your capabilities. I had seen how you've rendered the knights to unconsciousness during our mission at Luriem Forest. Your wide-scale magic would make us achieve a feat that countless Crusaders, as well as Reapers, had failed," he exemplified.

"If you say so," I mumbled and continued eating.

Ah. How to be optimistic like him when I was not sure if I could pull it off again.

***

After our dinner, we toured around their capital since we were both new to the place. The hanging lanterns adorned the streets which became more lively than when we arrived this afternoon. 

The orange-tinted street was a scene to behold as well with the cheerful atmosphere and buzzing crowds. The night market was opened and all kinds of people were sauntering the place. The stalls were small and old but the decorations of each one gave it a unique beauty.

"Aren't you bored all alone in that place?" 

Reichen was, in a sense, a homebody for he stated it himself a moment ago that he never left the cottage where he had stayed since he became an Amica. Unless it was needed. 

While for me, I was forced to be at home since I could not leave the palace even if I wanted to. Though, at first, I could not believe it, when I was reminded of the countless hours we spent outside since I started living with him.

"If you spent every day with only Night's complaints and his endless curse, would you even feel bored?"

A chuckle left my lips simply imagining that. "Night must have like you since he pestered you so much and visited you."

"He had no choice because we live together."

"Truly?" It was a new finding on Night's mysterious life.

"Yes. He was the first resident of that cottage. In the past, it was only a cave going underground but Cindra had built a log cabin to accommodate Night then I came into the picture. When Cindra resigned, Night also became a guardian of the Goddess Temple so I became the only one residing there."

"Still, wasn't that be a big of a change? From a palace to a small cottage. You are hailed as a beloved prince, I'm certain you were given everything you want."

To add, he was also in charge of the house chores in the cottage which was the opposite of what his status entailed.

"Isn't that the same for you? You are the most treasured princess all over the continent that King Enmir didn't want anyone to meet you but you chose to be a thief."

"I don't think so," I mumbled inaudibly.

The mood became despondent as I was reminded of Father again and I didn't want that. His cruelty was pictured in my head and I began to worry about my siblings. I had no news about them since I left.

"What's wrong? I bet you felt suffocated that you seek for an adventure during that time. Even a princess can be a rebellious adolescent once in their life." He tried lifting the mood and casually rested his arm on my shoulder.

I shrugged his arm away but he was being obstinate. "Maybe."

"It was such a coincidence that you met the right people that had known you were an Amica. If it was not from the Crusaders, you would have been tricked and used."

"Why will they?" I questioned giving him a sideways glance.

"Not all Amicas are good as well as not all Cattivos are evil." He exhaled a lungful before adding, "Sometimes I am astonished by your intelligence but there are times you ask the most obvious questions."

He was definitely becoming too comfortable with me on how unfiltered his words were just like how Reid was every time we met. Before he told the truth, he managed to hold back his shameless mouth like Reichen but at the present, there was no doubt the brazen man in front of me was the same brazen knight I met.

Be that as it may, I did much more favor it than him lying and being sly about things.

"You don't have to sound so affront." I jabbed his chest in annoyance.

He groaned and acted like it hurt when it was just a light punch.

"Look." He unbuttoned his shirt without any warning and I swiftly stopped his hands.

"What the hell are you doing undressing in public?!"

"You hit me on my bruise and it must have opened."

"As if. Your body is fully healed the last time I saw it, bastard. If you want to humiliate yourself to all these people, we should pretend as strangers," I grumbled and stepped away from him.

"Oh. Just when did you see my body?" He was right beside me in a second.

"When you were sick at the Goddess Temple," I answered.

"Then you must have seen the---"

"Oh my goodness!" I squealed in delight as I saw the pink flowers I had only seen in books.

They were rare and could not be even exported away from here since the climate would affect its withering. I rushed to the stall to see the priceless flower that only grew in this kingdom.

The white stems of the Niveus were as white as snow and the dainty pink petals exuded a sense of innocence. It was a flower that needed to be tended with utmost care but with its lovely appearance, it was accompanied by poison.

No vegetation could grow beside a Niveus. If there were patches of dried plants, there was a chance that a Niveus flower was nearby. I was earnestly fascinated by it because of how it represented the characteristics of humans. The more beautiful it was, the more fatal its effects.

"Do you like it?"

"Sometimes you ask the most obvious questions," I returned his words.

"How many do you want?"

"It's fine."

"I can give it to you with only fifty grands, young sir," the shop owner said.

"I'll take a dozen."

"Reichen!"

Fifty grands was already expensive for a single flower and a dozen was over the top.

"It's fine, Carline. Besides, didn't I permit you to call me 'Freed' when we're alone?"

"Which I declined since 'Reichen' is better and most importantly because I might slip. I also requested that you should stop calling me Carline or someone might find me which you turned a deaf ear to."

"Alright, I accede," said Reichen with both his arms held up in surrender. "Only if you'll accept these flowers. I spent quite a fortune."

"It was your own will, you dimwit." In spite of my grumbling, I accepted the bouquet and walked ahead.

That blockhead knew that I would never refuse a flower. A small smile tugged on my lips but quickly faded when I bumped into someone. That person was probably running considering I fell from the impact.

"Sorry," the man apologized and offered his hand.

A bucket of cold water washed over me as I looked up at those steel-gray eyes. How in damnation Xenon end up here?

"Are you fine, Miss?" he asked once again.

My mind went into a frenzy that I did not answer him which he didn't seem to mind. He drew nearer to help me up but I bolted to my feet.

"Yes, yes. I'm fine." I backed away.

Thank goodness I learned my lesson and did not parade my original appearance even in this unfamiliar land. But, there was still a little unease he might identify me despite my disguise.

"I'm sorry again," he said and I only inclined my head before he departed.

Right after that, Reichen appeared beside me.

"Carline."

I sharply turned and covered his mouth.

"Don't call me that, understand? I thought we had agreed."

Sensing that I was severely serious this time, he nodded and raised his right hand and draw a circle on his palm which was a gesture of a promise.

I released his mouth and checked my stopwatch.

"Let's go back. It's almost time," I informed and we proceeded to our mission.

***

The inn we chose was popular with the customers bustling downstairs and having a merry time. In that drunk environment, it was not difficult to come and go unnoticed.

We returned to a room and get dressed. We chose a two-bedroom unit that was located on the farthest side so we could leave through the windows when we were in our black attire.

"Awakening, dispel."

My face grew fuller since the person I was masquerading earlier was very skinny that my mask would not fit in her hollow cheeks. I placed my mask and went outside where Reichen was there waiting, donning his black hood.

We exited at the window and slithered to the night to make our way to the plaza where the Lost Treasure could be.

However, it was too late. What awaited us was the whole commotion of the missing jewel eye of King Gryvel Linosas.

***

Продовжити читання

Вам також сподобається

73K 7.1K 48
The beautiful island kingdoms of the Detache Ocean have been flourishing for eight hundred and seventy years. Ari and Aveline, two lawless pirates, h...
The New Girl Від Mabsher

Підліткова література

3.9K 1K 49
She is the newbie, most people hate her but some people love her. She is complicated and very hard to understand but when you get to know her you fin...
2.6K 290 34
After carelessly promising to marry the king of monsters, Elle wakes up to find herself trapped in a kingdom of mythical creatures. Soon she discover...
194K 15K 42
⭐ FEATURED ⭐ 02/16/2018 Longlisted, Wattys 2018 ✅ COMPLETE Jocasta's nineteen years of peaceful existence in a little village of the Kingdom of On...