The big question (Complete ✅)

By Winnieflex

Should our beliefs be based on what we are being told? 'Men are scum', She thought. 'They are cheats and lair... More

Author's Piece
Prologue ✔
Chapter 1- I ✔
Chapter 2 - feel ✔
Chapter 3 - pain ✔
Chapter 4 - and strong guilt ✔
Chapter 5 - always and whenever ✔
Chapter 6 - I see your face ✔
Chapter 7 - frustrated and solemn ✔
Chapter 8 - Talking about a miserable life ✔
Chapter 9 - My boo? ✔
Chapter 10 - Cryptic Minds ✔
Chapter 11 - Teams of Themes ✔
Chapter 12 - Needs and Feels ✔
Chapter 13 - Hot blooded ✔
Let's gist small
Chapter 14 - Drama Drama
Chapter 15 - Stinky Mouth!
Chapter 16 - Besties
Chapter 18 - Steady reveal
Chapter 19 - Stupidity
Chapter 20 - Blames
Chapter 21 - The Messenger
Chapter 22 - Plain Confusion
Chapter 23 - Handsome Devil
Chapter 24 - Busted
Chapter 25 - Worth it
Chapter 26 - Boomeranging decisions
Chapter 27 - Craving Death
Chapter 28 - Trouble on wheels
Chapter 29 - Me and her
Chapter 30 - Frienemies
Chapter 31 - Den of Deceit
Chapter 32 - Surprises
Chapter 33 - The story behind
Chapter 34 - Safe and Saved
Chapter 35 - Final Blow
Bonus Chapter
Epilogue

Chapter 17 - The suspect

72 16 8
By Winnieflex

Okay so this chapter is dedicated to grace_chanbee. Girl your comments makes me laugh like kilode 😂. Thank you so much.

To my readers out there. ENJOY!!

«««««Soma»»»»»

"Please close your mouth, Air fresheners are expensive these days." Abel said as soon as we got to their apartment.

With a little embarrassment, I placed my palm over my mouth and nose, then I exhaled through my mouth. Just to be sure my mouth isn't smelling.

"My mouth is not smelling." I retorted and he laughed.

"Come inside joor!" I slowly followed behind while he strode into the apartment.

'This cannot be a student's lodge' I thought as I fed my eyes.

The living room was just so big and neat and beautiful. Everything was just in order.
There is a staircase in here and adjoining doors that I'm guessing leads to other rooms.

My room is nothing compared to this. It could probably be compared to a section of their toilet.

I admired the marble tiles one more time before turning to Abel who was leaning on a door knob and staring at me. I gulped visibly "You guys live here?" I asked in a low tone.

He giggled, "No, fowls lay eggs here." He replied.

Must he be sarcastic all the time?

"Wow! It's so beautiful." I complimented and continued feeding my eyes.

"Can I offer you anything?" He asked while walking towards me.

"No. I'm okay." I replied unconsciously.

"Thank God because I have nothing to offer you." He snapped and I shot him a death glare.

"I'll check for Nonso so sit and don't touch anything." He said while rubbing his nape.

"Okay... Thank you." I stuttered and slowly sat on a round sofa.

I removed my sandals just to feel the softness of the center rug beneath my leg.

'God! It's so good to have money.'

'Just look at the way everything is begging me to touch them especially this expensive looking clutch sitting on the table.'

Abel told me not to touch anything but it won't hurt if I just take a close look at the clutch. I retrieved the clutch from the table and examined it.

It had pearls all round it. This must cost a fortune and it should also belong to a girl.

I wonder who? Maybe one of their numerous chicks.

Pffffttt! They are guys of course and guys are never and can never be committed so I'm not surprised if one of their whores is somewhere in this building.

"Don't touch that!!!"

The alacrity and gravity of tension and alarm in that voice made me unconsciously threw the clutch on the floor, "Ahh!!" I screamed as some of the pearls fell out of the clutch ruining it's beauty.

Nonso cascaded down the stairs with frustrated steps, "No! No!! No!!! That's my sister's favourite purse." He whined as he bent down to pick the clutch.

Ohh! So it's his sister's!

"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry." I gullibly said.

"I remember telling you to keep your hands to yourself." I looked up and saw Abel with crossed arms and a very stern face.

I shivered, "I'm sorry. I'll pay for the damages." I said again without thinking.

"The school fees you will pay for your 4 years in this university won't even be able to pay for that." Abel explained

"Abel that's enough." Nonso intervened.

"Whatever, you will have to explain to Cynthia yourself." Abel shrugged and went back upstairs.

Nonso dropped the pieces on the table and sat on the sofa, rubbing his stubble and looking so frustrated.

This is my chance!

"I'm really sorry." I said as I sat beside him.

"That's okay." He replied without sparing me a glance.

I tried to touch his knee but he reacted immediately and moved away "Errrmm... I... I came to see you." I stuttered.

"What for?" He queried.

"I really want to apologize for..."

"For what happened the last time?" He smiled a little and shook his head, "You really shouldn't.".

"No I should... I overreacted and your mouth is not stinky." I said in a low tone and he laughed softly.

"I shouldn't have done what I did... I shouldn't be interfering in your affairs like that." He added and we had ourselves in a staring contest.

His gaze was fixed on mine and mine on his, it was like everything around us just paused and it was just the two of us.

"Are you guys acting Indian film? Just kiss and get it over with." I heard Abel say.

He just had to interrupt!

Nonso shook his head and turned to Abel, "You are crazy." He said and I was busy blushing for no reason.

Abel shrugged, walked towards us and sat on the center table, "By the way..." He fixed his gaze on me, "I think I may have tracked the location of your stalker." he said and my eyes shone.

"Really! Let's see" Nonso chirped in.

"From the looks of it whoever is doing this is even closer than we imagine." Abel explained while opening his laptop.

He turned the laptop to us. Although I could see numbers and stuff, I'm just too numb to understand a thing.

"But we can't ascertain the exact location?" Nonso inquired and Abel nodded.

Why do I feel like my death sentence have just been read?

What does he mean by the person is closer than I imagine?

If I begin making list of possible suspects, I'm not sure it would be up to a quarter page. Who have I wronged?

Just then something sparked in my brain. ETHAN!!.

"Soma you have to be really careful, if you suspect anything funny you speak up and if you get any other text you let us know, is that clear?" Abel said with all seriousness.

"Y.. Yes it is." I managed to reply as I was wrapping my mind round the situation at hand.

Abel cleared his throat, interrupting my thoughts in the process, "Don't be scared. Nothing is gonna happen to you except you keep secrets of course." He added

"Abel!!" Nonso scolded.

"I'm just making a point." He protested.

Their bickering isn't my concern right now, I've watched a lot of movies where hired killers frustrates their victims till they give up and I'm not ready to die, I still want to get married and have children that will call me Mummy.

"I have something to say." I said jolting out of my reverie.

"Start spilling." Said Abel

"We are all ears." Nonso added as they both readjusted.

I inhaled deeply and began reliving that day, "About 3 weeks ago I went with Helen to a restaurant, there was this guy that came into the restaurant."

"Then what happened next?" Abel interrupted.

"Allow her to talk nah." Nonso sighed.

"She's talking slowly."

I ignored them and continued.

"When Helen took a bathroom break he approached me, he said his name was Ethan and that he's happy to finally meet me and....."

"Hold it there. What does he mean by he's happy to finally meet you?" Abel cut in again.

"I don't know. I was also surprised." I explained and he nodded.

"Go on." He urged.

"I can't remember much of the details but he sounded like he knew me so well and I didn't give him much audience." I finished.

"Our number one suspect." Abel deadpanned.

"Did you give him your number?" Nonso asked with concern.

"No, but he gave me his and he told me to call him." I replied.

"So all these happened and you didn't even bother to tell anyone?" Abel  stared at me with a huge scowl.

"I didn't realize that it would be important." I defended.

"Have you retrieved your brain from your bag?" He asked.

"Where's the number?"Nonso interrupted.

"It's in my purse but I'm not with the purse here."

"Have you received any strange call apart from texts?" He asked.

"No I haven't."

"You should send that number to me immediately you get home." Abel connived.

"Okay I will." I replied.

My life is slowly turned into a soap opera.

Nonso stood up and peered through the curtains, "That's enough for the day you should go home now it's getting late." He said.

"Ohh that's true." Abel replied in realization and stood up.

"I'll escort you." He stretched his hand towards me.

Weird.

"No I should do the escorting, you stay back and make dinner." Nonso suggested.

"You guys cook?" I asked in awe.

"What do you take us for? Lazy Nigerian Youths?" Abel queried with feigned frown and we all laughed.

"Just get out." Nonso gestured to Abel, "Come on." He offered me his hands which i accepted with utmost pleasure.

I quickly wore my sandals, thanked them and took my leave.

"Thank you guys so much." I said again while heading towards the main gate with Nonso.

He dipped his hands into his trousers and smiled, "It's the least we can do for a friend." He said.

He's watching his words. That can't be good.

"I never knew Abel was your roommate and you house is so big." I tried to start up a conversation but he just smiled.

I paused and placed my both hands on his chest, "Nonso. I know you are probably mad at me." I said while looking straight in his eyes.

He's surprised and that's good.

He held my hands in a bid a remove them but I resisted, "Soma we've settled this." He said.

"I know but I can't help but feel guilty."

"What do you want?" He asked defeatedly.

"I want us." I blurted out.

'Okay what did i just say?'

"Us?" He questioned curiously just to be sure of what he heard. 

"I mean, I don't want things to change between us just because of my blabbering please." I quickly rephrased.

I definitely need to give my brain a reboot.

He successfully removed my hands, "I really think you are dragging this too far." He mentioned.

To be honest, I felt rejected. I looked away "Sorry." I muttered.

"No listen, what I mean is." He pulled my hands and cupped my face, "We're cool okay so don't worry your big head." He smiled.

Yay! He still likes me!

All the organs in my body started leaping with undescribable joy. I don't know why but... I'm happy he's looking straight into my eyes and giving me that killer smile.

I wouldn't mind if he just pulls my face closer, wraps his hands round my waist and...

'Soma stop thinking to far!!!' My subconscious scolded.

"Sure?" I asked with a raised brow.

As he was about to say something, his phone rang.

"Sorry I have to go." He muttered when he retrieved the phone from his pocket. His countenance changed immediately. 

"Huh!!"

Just like that?

Can't he just call the person back?

He began walking away, "I'll call you." He mouthed.

Ohh dear intestines! You rejoiced too soon.

###

Please just take a moment to say these words. 'God help Nigeria'.

Nigeria is experiencing a really tough time now but I pray we overcome it.

Hope you enjoyed this chapter.

If you did please vote and drop your comments.

If you didn't, still vote please.

WinnieCares 💕💕

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

94.9K 4.3K 38
"Where am I?" "That's none of your concern." "If my location isn't my concern, then whose is it?" "Mine, and I know, so you're fine." He finally was...
18.7K 1.6K 10
After commiting a big yet wonderful mistake, All she had in mind was leave, run, hide. She tried so hard to cover up her biggest secret. But what...
38.9K 6K 51
"You don't sleep on that side, you never do. You always sleep on your right side. I know you are awake, I also know that you are angry with me. But I...
165K 14.5K 38
Highest Ranking #2 in triller. #49 in mystery/thriller In came the tall creature. I bend my head down to avoid looking at him. He stood at the door...