We'll Never be Sane

By stariiyy

Moulded by a world of hatred and death, Shy Solace is the reckless daughter of a crime lord. She is spoiled... More

Disclaimer
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Epilogue

Chapter 23

115K 3.1K 3K
By stariiyy

I had a weak attempt of backing up. But he grabbed my waist, pulling me towards his bare body.

His fingers on my skin made me let out a few laughs. "Enzo!"

As I struggled in his grasp, I drove myself to my own doom. I fell onto the bed, dragging him down with me.

He took this opportunity to pin my arms down. A wave of shivers shot down my spine, his face was dangerously close to mine. Close enough that I could see the beautiful shades of blues and greys in his eyes.

I could have fought myself out from under him, but I didn't find anything in me to. My body always betrayed me when it came to him.

My eyes remained glued to his sharp ones, almost like a trance. His mouth inched closer to mine and I let him. My mind had long turned into mush.

"Enzo." I breathed, trying so hard not to give in again.

"Say the word and I'll stop."

I opened my mouth to speak, but no words could escape. It was too late to turn back now, because I pressed my mouth against his and kissed him once again.

I know he hadn't expected me to give in, but when I did one of his hands possessively grasped onto my jaw.

His tongue slid out and played with mine. Our kiss started to become more rough. He even nipped my lower lip trying to get a sound out of me, and it worked.

The clearing of a throat made us immediately stop, snapping us out of it.

We turned our heads back to see Kyle.

"per l'amor del cazzo (For fucks sake) can you not knock? He growled with anger.

"The phones for you, your welcome." Kyle said with a cheeky smirk, handing the phone to Enzo before leaving.

Enzo removed himself from over me as I sat up, and he put the phone to his ear before leaving.

I stared ahead of me into empty space, thinking what the hell just happened. I shook my head before standing up and putting the rest of my clothes away. I then headed to the bathroom to have a shower- with the door closed.

The warm water ran down my body as I exhaled with relaxation. It only lasted a few seconds before the water turned into a horrible cold temperature.

I quickly shampooed my hair and scrubbed my body before jumping out, shivering. After getting dressed and brushing my teeth, I headed back to the bedroom.

Enzo was putting his clothes away as I squeezed the water from my hair with my hands. I didn't know how cold it was going to be here at night, otherwise I would have brought a blanket or two.

He walked towards the bed and pulled the covers to the side before slipping in. Great, the king claims the bed for himself.

Huffing, I grabbed the spare blanket and went to the living room. The couch would do.

I almost lay on it before I noticed a huge black dot on top of it. Putting the light on my eyes widened seeing a cockroach.

I let out a heavy exhale before taking a pillow and my blanket back to the bedroom. I threw them on the ground and laid down.

Granted I didn't have a blanket to cover me, but I'd rather freeze all night than share a bed with Enzo.

"Goddamn it what are you doing?" He asked. I turned the light off before laying down on my little set up.

"I'd rather sleep here than with you."

"Okay, your loss- good luck with the bugs and the dust." He said.

"Okay." I mocked.

I tried to close my eyes and drift away into sleep, but with the sharp coldness it was hard. I turned to my side, placing my hands over my arms to get some of the heat from them.

"Shy, don't be a pain in the ass. Come here." His voice grumbled.

"No. I'm fine."

The heavy silence was filled with sounds of crickets and I shivered violently. Whatever, its better freezing to death.

I laid awake for what felt like hours but was actually minutes. Rubbing my eyes, I finally got up and slid under the covers. "You better not touch me."

"I won't."

I felt way warmer here than I was on the ground, and exhaled as I closed my eyes. Before I knew it, I drifted away into a deep sleep.....

The next morning.....

It felt as if I was back in my own bed at home, feeling so warm. A familiar scent brought me a deep sense of comfort. I just felt like I could sleep forever, wrapped in safety.

As I started to slowly gain consciousness, I became aware of the warmth around my waist and behind my body. It took a glance to see a pair of strong arms around me. You're fucking kidding me.

My heart dropped to my stomach. I shot my eyes at Enzo, who's body was pressed against the back of mine tightly. He was fast asleep.

"Enzo."

"What." He asked in his sleep.

"I told you not to to touch me." I complained. He realised what I was talking about and moved his arms away.

"I can't control what I do in my sleep."

"Are you joking?"

" Questa mattina presto (This early in the morning.) shut up and go back to sleep." He grumbled as he closed his eyes again.

I exhaled with frustration before lying back down again and closing my eyes. A few seconds went by before there was a knock at the door.

"Get the door Shy." Enzo said without moving or opening his eyes. I stared at him with irritation, seeing him laying asleep like a king.

"Yes master." I scowled, before walking towards the door and opening it.

"Let's go swimming in the lake!" Roman said enthusiastically, dressed in swimwear. He ran inside my cabin as I closed the door behind me.

I led him inside the bedroom, hoping our discussion would disturb Enzo's sleep. Roman however froze seeing him topless.

"Shy..." he whispered. "You didn't-" he gestured something with his hands causing me to frown.

"No!" I loudly whispered back, and he sighed of relief as he held his chest.

"I wonder if the water will be cold, but it's warm today." Roman walked in front of the mirror and started adjusting his hair.

"Roman....I can't go swimming with you."

"Why not?" His suddenly softened as he placed his hand on my shoulder. "Are you on your period?"

"No." I breathed. "I....I."

"She can't swim." Enzo suddenly spoke with his eyes closed.

Roman sighed. "Ohh. You could have just said that."

"She's too stubborn." Enzo added.

"You just stay asleep okay?" I snapped, glaring at him. I took Roman's arm and led him to the living area. "Let's go Roman. Before I end up killing him."

We went to Roman's lodge and got dressed before we both went to the lake. I wore a pair of tight blue shorts and a white cami.

Roman swam with Jade and the people in our college, as I sat at the side and watched. It looked really fun, and at times I thought it would be okay if I went and took a dive. The lake couldn't be that deep?

But I didn't want to embarrass myself in case I drowned, so I sat back, frowning at the sun shining over me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

255K 6.8K 30
Lorena Vile's last name is an understatement. She is wanted by the most powerful empire on the planet. Everyone knows her real name but she's too cle...
754K 14.7K 47
(Book one of the Perfect Ace series) No one ever caught him; no one wants to cross him. Once you are in his sight, he will stop at nothing. With his...
398K 8K 33
A crime boss struggles to carry out a vendetta after he falls for the spirited daughter of his enemy. ...
10.5M 239K 37
" W..what are you-" " Do you want me to show all those people who you belong to the easy way or the hard way?" He says deeply, a dark look in his eye...