We'll Never be Sane

By stariiyy

Moulded by a world of hatred and death, Shy Solace is the reckless daughter of a crime lord. She is spoiled... More

Disclaimer
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Epilogue

Chapter 11

128K 3.5K 4.5K
By stariiyy

~SHY POV~

I tried to find a way to pass the time, and wandered through the club. Heads and eyes turned to look at me, or more like glare at me. Some from hungry men, others from their girlfriends who were annoyed.

My phone in my hand started to buzz and ring, causing me to curse with irritation seeing Theo's name. I declined the call, and a few seconds later a text shows up on the screen.

Dipshit 💩
Pick up the fucking phone 😡

My mood was already ruined, and now I couldn't stop thinking about how annoying my family was. It only made me want to make them mad.

I placed my hand against the top of a seat, exhaling. My eyes got caught by someone familiar approaching me. He stopped in front of me and squeezed his eyes closed, raising his hands almost like a shield to protect himself.

"Please don't punch me." He pleaded. He stayed like that for a while before he realised I wasn't going to punch him.

I leaned my body against the seat. "Depends. What do you want?"

"You look pretty." He added, clearly nervous.

"Thank you. Get to the point."

"Do you wanna dance with me?" He mumbled in a shaky voice. The poor guy looked like he was going piss himself.

An exhaled escaped from my mouth realising he was genuinely a sweet guy. "I'm sorry I don't dance."

"Oh, well do you wanna hang out?"

"Ok, let's go." I muttered and he seemed happy with his success as we walked towards the seating area.

A lot of eyes were on me as usual, but only one pair of eyes affected me. That damn Enzo.

I could feel his laser gaze on me as we sat down on the seats. He stood by the bar holding a glass of his drink, and his eyes didn't leave me.

"Hey, you're a cowboy?" I asked as Kai put his hat on.

"Yeah, I even have a fake gun." He chuckled. Same :)

We both sat down. "So where are you from then?"

"Spain." He replied making me raise my eyebrows. I mean I kind of got a clue where he was from because of his thick Spanish accent.

"No way, you're so lucky."

"I came here a year ago, my dad got a better job offer."

"What are we talking about?" Jade asked from behind as she slapped her hands on the back of the seats.

She had another guy around her arm. "Can we join you two." She asked as they sat down. I listened to the music as Jade and Kai started to talk, and then I decided to go off on my own. They actually seemed to be hitting it off.

Nodding my head to the song, I searched for an area where the music wouldn't be too loud and it was in front of the bathroom.

I leaned against the wall, starting to mentally counting my time until I would leave as I pulled out a cigarette from my handbag.

I knew it was an unhealthy habit, but I'd rather smoke and be in control of myself than drink and wake up in some strangers bed.

Plus, I'd learned how out of control I can be when drunk the hard way, so I placed the cigarette between my lips, and flickered my lighter on before cursing.

I should have bought a new one. I tried again, and again...but as soon as I gave up, a hand extended in front of me, holding a lighter that make the tip of my cigarette glow.

My eyes remained on his every second he lit it up, and as he slowly moved his hand back I inhaled. The smoke escaped my mouth in one breath, clouding in front of eyes that seemed to watch me with interest.

"Is it not crazy how you just happen to be everywhere I go?"

"I could say the same about you." He replied, leaning against the wall, and suddenly I wanted to irritate him.

"Did you finally get that stick out of your ass?"

A sardonic breath escaped his mouth. "You really don't know when you're pushing it."

"And when am I pushing it?" I asked, the look in my eyes daring. When I noticed his jaw tense, I realised how much I enjoyed affecting him.

Though the last thing I expected was for his eyes to slide down to my lips, then down to my breasts, making my lungs tighten.

The fucker knew exactly how to stop my breathing without even trying. His gaze was a rough caress, and it was only when his eyes met mine again, darkened this time, had I realised how tainted they were with obsession.

A shiver trickled down my spine, but it was nothing compared to how quick my skin was growing warm.

I took a step closer to examine the sudden blackness in them. It was always intriguing seeing how fast they switched up.

I took another drag of my cigarette and then pulled it out as I exhaled, before holding it out in front of him. He gave me a dry look, but took it.

He knew what he was doing, especially by the way he placed his lips exactly where my lipstick mark was. It worked, making shivers ripple through my spine.

Smoke was blown directly on my face, the smell of nicotine and him burning through my every atom. ay

We shared the cigerette, and just using the one he'd used made me feel like I was doing something so sinful. God I needed to get laid.

Once we were done, I leaned back against the wall.

"Where are you from...?" I quietly asked. I'd heard the slight Italian in his accent, but I was curious to know the state.

He didn't reply.

"Fine. Don't tell me."

There was a small silence, before I heard him say New York. Of course I'd heard it, but I didn't show I cared.

But when I heard something I did not want to hear, my alertness spilled in like poison - a distant gunshot.

After both exchanging a knowing look We ran towards the centre of the club, and I already knew what was happening.

"Shy!" Roman called out as everyone started to run around.

"Where's Jade?"

"She left a while ago with Kai. What's going on!" He said in panic as the gunshots increased. Masked men scrambled in like rats, shooting anyone they saw.

The screams and gunshots intensified as I pulled him into a quiet corner.

"Stay here." I harshly ordered and slowly went back towards the centre of the club. One of the masked rats lunged at me with a gun, but fortunately I lifted my leg up and kicked it out of his hand.

He froze, giving me time to smash my fist against his face and knock him out.

A few men noticed me and all aimed their guns at me, but I managed to shoot their heads simultaneously before they dropped to the ground.

As silence fell in the room, I turned back to check for Roman. I grabbed his arm and pulled him as I searched for an exit.

"Look." Roman said as he pointed towards a door. I ran towards it and pushed it open, before running out.

"Shit, we need to get away from this club fast." I said before I smacked my head and realised me and Roman had taken a cab here.

"Did somebody say ride?" A voice spoke as a red car pulled up in front of us. A window rolled down to reveal Kyle.

A sigh of relief escaped me and we jumped into the back of the car.

There was a slight moment of silence before Roman turned and whispered to me. "What the fuck just happened?"

"I don't know. That was scary." I replied, trying to act normal. And thankfully, he fell for it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

757K 14.8K 47
(Book one of the Perfect Ace series) No one ever caught him; no one wants to cross him. Once you are in his sight, he will stop at nothing. With his...
243K 5.3K 88
{COMPLETE} When Isabella's wedding ceremony is ruined by the one and only Kyzer Caruso, he kidnaps her and forces her to love him, no matter how long...
312K 8.3K 37
"I'm going to bury myself so deep inside you it will leave you feeling empty when I'm gone," He whispers breathlessly in my ear. I gulp feeling the a...
3.9M 89.4K 74
She was loud. Spirited, and a woman not afraid to speak her mind. She wore a smile too wide, a lipstick too bold and laughed too loud. Nina Vitielli...