๐‘บ๐’•๐’‚๐’š ๐‘ญ๐’๐’“ ๐‘ด๐’† ~ ๐’‚ ๐‘บ๏ฟฝ...

By marrymeaubreyplaza

ใ€ ๐ง๐จ ๐ฌ๐ž๐ญ ๐ฌ๐ž๐š๐ฌ๐จ๐ง ใ€‘ โ ๐™ž๐™› ๐™ž๐™ฉ'๐™จ ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š ๐™ง๐™ž๐™œ๐™๐™ฉ ๐™ฅ๐™š๐™ง๐™จ๐™ค๐™ฃ, ๐™ž๐™ฉ'๐™จ ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š ๐™ง๐™ž๐™œ๐™๐™ฉ ๐™ฉ๐™ž๐™ข๏ฟฝ... More

๐™Ž๐™ฉ๐™–๐™ฎ ๐™๐™ค๐™ง ๐™ˆ๐™š
๐˜Š๐˜ข๐˜ด๐˜ต
Introduction (please read!!!)
Chapter I: Dreams Over Reality
Chapter II: A Butterfly's Cocoon
Chapter III: Fuck the Media
Chapter IV: What a Surprise
Chapter VI: ๐˜ผ๐™ฃ๐™™๐™ฎ๐ŸŒ
Chapter VII: แต–สณแต‰แต—แต—สธ หกโฑแตสฐแต—หข
Chapter VIII: Ducks
Chapter IX: Clueless
Chapter X: Worth
Chapter XI: *RING*
Chapter XII: Mama
Chapter XIII: Flirt
Chapter XIV: The Officer Who Cried Skank
Chapter XV: Oh Brother
Chapter XVI: Platonic Soulmates
Chapter XVII: Chopsticks
Chapter XVIII: Queries and Affairs
Chapter XIX: Little Things
Chapter XXI: Cosmo and Walter
Chapter XXII: Fallimento
Chapter XXIII: Almed
XXIV: She'll Be Okay
XXV: Fairy Godmother
~ Epilogue ~
Author's Note :)

Chapter V: 188

5.1K 134 182
By marrymeaubreyplaza

"There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met." -Jim Henson

~
"Let's sleep."
~

Eden's POV:

I can't sleep.

After leaving the hospital, I got into a car with Morgan, Reid, and JJ, and drove to the hotel. It was already 12:00 am and all I wanted to do was fall on a mattress and die. The ride home was quiet at least from my perspective. Every now and then, the three would start a conversation that would end quickly after.

This case was a bitch. I ended up having an emotional connection with a victim's family member. A child. How could I not have? I was in similar shoes at her age. She needed to hear something that would help her through this grief and I knew what to say.

The lampposts were each brightening the dark avenues, with every now and then a light flickering or being off. I'd see people walking alone at night. Which seems as though people want to die.

Eh can't blame them.

When there are people like Robert out there who wouldn't.

I'd see couples laughing side by side, children holding hands with their parents as they skip by their sides, and occasionally a woman walking alone with her keys in between her fingers or pepper spray with a finger ready to push. This world really does blow. I know at least America does.

JJ lightly tapped my knee to snap me out of my daze, to signal the hotel. I smiled at her before stepping out of the car and entering the lobby with the others.

"We each have our own rooms, get some sleep, meet at the jet at 8:00 am, we'll head back to the office, and continue our job per usual, " Hotch notifies the team.

We all nod before getting our keys and entering the elevator. With the elevator stopping a few times before finally getting to my floor, which also happens to be Emily's and Rossi's.

"Good night you guys, " Emily says before entering her room.

"Good night Carissima, " Rossi says to me.

I chuckled, "Buona notte, Rossi."

"tu parli Italiano?" (you speak Italian?)

" I miei nonni lo parlavano spesso e ho imparato un po '."  (My grandparents spoke it often and I learned some.)

Rossi nodded before waving goodbye as he's entering his room. Entering my room after having a fight with the door lock, I stripped down to my underwear and collapsed on the bed.

30 minutes go by and although I'm tired as hell, I can't seem to get any sleep. Every time I close my eyes I see those dark eyes. They might strive to express innocence but they couldn't be eviler. I then see Jascenia's body lying on the floor, with my mind picturing Willow in the exact same position next to her.

I need melatonin.

I get up from the bed and throw on some comfy shorts, a t-shirt that says "Andy's 21st birthday getting dicked down bash!", throwing on some complimentary slippers, I walk to the elevator.

After entering the elevator and pressing down to the lobby, I walk out to the front desk, asking if they have anything to help me go to sleep. "I'm sorry we don't give out any medication as a precaution, " the lady at the front desk explains. I nod and lazily walk over to the vending machines to get some almonds.

They have high doses of melatonin in them. A lot of things have melatonin. A lot of foods have them.

I'm pretty sure there was an article somewhere saying semen contains melatonin, along with it being a natural antidepressant- WHY AM I THINKING OF THIS.

I turn to sit down in one of the couches they have in the lobby when I see a figure lying across one deep in a book.

The Odyssey. Homer. Nice.

"I like your book choice, " I say to the man.

"thanks-" he looks up from his book.

"Dr. Spencer Reid, " I chuckle.

"Dr. Eden Ellis, " he responds, "what are you doing up?"

"I should ask you that, " I giggle. 

"couldn't sleep?" he asks.

"How do you know?" I respond.

I know it's obvious especially with my eye bags but it's fun to play with him.

"Wild guess, " he laughs.

Spencer moved his feet to the ground to allow me to sit by him.

"Why can't you sleep, if you don't mind me asking?" He asks.

"This case is a lot for a first. I just continue seeing Jascenia and continuing to think... What could I have done so she would still be alive, still be there for Willow."

"That happened to me early on. The nightmares. You get used to it even though no one should. Despite that sounding bad, " he snickers, "you also learn how to separate your feelings from this job."

"Yeah, I get that. I've seen a lot of death so it's not a first of that, " I replied, "Its just... Willow is young... And I felt like she needed to know that— that she isn't alone."

Spencer holds up his sweater paw and pats me on the back in comfort. I lightly laugh getting up, "There is a time for many words, and there is also a time for sleep."

Spencer chuckles, "Homer."

I wave goodbye before walking to the elevator. I pressed the button, waiting for the elevator, I took a final glance. Spencer is smiling at me. I mouth to him,

"Creeper, " with a smile.

He laughs before turning to his book, right as the elevator opens. I get up to my room and fall to mt bed, grinning to myself before closing my eyes, and falling into a deep sleep.

~

After getting dressed, I head to the jet, seeing the team all there. I sit on the couch with spencer sitting across from me, reading a different book.

Nicomachean Ethics.

Jeez, change of pace much?

I lightly chuckle before turning to my phone, glancing at any texts I've missed.

𝘼𝙣𝙙𝙮🍌

  Yᴇsᴛᴇʀᴅᴀʏ 10:06 am

𝖿𝗈𝗎𝗇𝖽 𝖺𝗇𝗒 𝗀𝗈𝗈𝖽 𝖽𝗂𝖼𝗄 𝖺𝗍 𝗐𝗈𝗋𝗄 𝗒𝖾𝗍?

𝗁𝖾𝗅𝗅𝗈 𝖾𝖺𝗋𝗍𝗁 𝗍𝗈 𝖾𝖽𝖾𝗇???

𝗂 𝗄𝗇𝗈𝗐 𝗒𝗈𝗎𝗋𝖾 𝗇𝗈𝗍 𝗂𝗀𝗇𝗈𝗋𝗂𝗇𝗀 𝗆𝖾 𝗋𝗇

    Yᴇsᴛᴇʀᴅᴀʏ 6:32 ᴘᴍ

𝖡𝖨𝖳𝖢𝖧𝖧𝖧𝖧𝖧 𝖩𝖮𝖧𝖭𝖠𝖳𝖧𝖠𝖭 𝖲𝖠𝖸𝖲 𝖧𝖤 𝖶𝖠𝖭𝖳𝖲 𝖬𝖤 𝖳𝖮 𝖢𝖮𝖬𝖤 𝖮𝖵𝖤𝖱 𝖠𝖩𝖧𝖠𝖧𝖲𝖧𝖲𝖧𝖲

𝖻𝗂𝗍𝖼𝗁 𝗀𝖾𝗍 𝖾𝗑𝖼𝗂𝗍𝖾𝖽 𝗐𝗂𝗍𝗁 𝗆𝖾 𝗍𝖿

    Yᴇsᴛᴇʀᴅᴀʏ 8:24 ᴘᴍ

𝗌𝗂𝗌 𝗒𝗈𝗎 𝖻𝖾𝗍𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝗀𝖾𝗍 𝗁𝗈𝗆𝖾 𝗌𝗈𝗈𝗇 𝗂𝖽𝗄 𝗁𝗈𝗐 𝗍𝗈 𝖿𝖾𝖾𝖽 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝖿𝗂𝗌𝗁

                               Tᴏᴅᴀʏ 2:57 ᴀᴍ

𝖦𝖨𝖨𝖨𝖨𝖱𝖱𝖱𝖱𝖫𝖫𝖫𝖫𝖫𝖫 𝖫𝖤𝖬𝖬𝖤 𝖩𝖴𝖲𝖳 𝖲𝖠𝖸𝖸𝖸
👁👅👁

Tᴏᴅᴀʏ 8:09 ᴀᴍ

𝗒𝗈𝗎𝗇𝗀 𝗅𝖺𝖽𝗒 𝗒𝗈𝗎 𝖻𝖾𝗍𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝖾𝗑𝗉𝗅𝖺𝗂𝗇 𝗒𝗈𝗎𝗋𝗌𝖾𝗅𝖿

𝗎 𝗀𝖾𝗍𝗍𝗂𝗇 𝖽𝗂𝖼𝗄 𝖽𝗈𝖾? 𝗈𝗇𝗅𝗒 𝗏𝖺𝗅𝗂𝖽 𝖾𝗑𝖼𝗎𝗌𝖾.

Andy was my best friend and roommate. And a handful.

                                Tᴏᴅᴀʏ 9:05 ᴀᴍ

𝗂'𝗅𝗅 𝗌𝗉𝗂𝗅𝗅 𝗐𝗁𝖾𝗇 𝗂 𝗀𝖾𝗍 𝗁𝗈𝗆𝖾 𝗁𝗎𝗇 𝖽𝗐

Fucking dumbass.

I chuckled to myself, making Derek notice,

"what are you giggling at, pretty girl?"

"None of your business, " I glare back.

"Alright, someone's feisty, " he says drinking his coffee, " I wonder how much."

I gasp dramatically before jokingly smacking his chest.

~

Now in the air, Spencer is playing himself at chess. I get up and walk over.

"Want company?"

"Think you can beat me?" he smirks.

"Oh, I know, " I grin.

Narrator's POV:

" Let's go then, " he smirks.

After having a couple of minutes of silence, only the chess pieces making tones, Eden speaks up,

"So, " she begins, "Nicomachean Ethics?"

"It is well said, " he starts quoting Aristotle, "then, that it is by doing just acts that the just man is produced, and by doing temperate acts the temperate man; with—"

"check."

"Wait—" he quickly moves another piece. 

"Without doing these no one would have even a prospect of becoming good, " she finishes his quote. Eden speaks again, moving her chess piece,

"Checkmate."

"h- how did- d- you- wh-" Spencer stutters.

"Well well well, looks like Spence met his match," JJ sneers.

"Pretty boy got beat?" Morgan asks.

"Ci sei cascato come una pirla," Rossi laughs. (You fell for it like a stupid person)

Eden laughs, "want a rematch?"

"In a minute, " spencer responds.

Eden nods and walks back to the couch gazing out the window. Spencer gawks at the chessboard in awe and confusion.

"Hey Eden, " Emily speaks, "what's your IQ?"

"188."

Morgan immediately cracks up, JJ looks at Reid with a delighted expression, Emily laughs to herself, Rossi chuckles, and even Hotch cracks a smile. Spencer looks at Eden in shock.

"What?" Eden asks.

"Kid got beat by one point!" Morgan manages to get out.

Eden shrugs with a small smirk and looks back out the window.

Emily lightly pats Reid on the shoulder before walking to JJ. Spencer all the sudden becomes intimidated... And turned on?

~

Landing back at Quantico, and driving back to the office, Spencer still tries to piece what the hell just happened in his head.

After getting back to the office, Spencer quickly gets his load of paperwork done in order to get his chessboard out to replay the game.

After a little while, Eden looks up to see Spencer puzzled at the chessboard, she chuckles lightly, getting Morgan's attention.

"Kid, you know you can take a break right?" Morgan says.

Spencer doesn't say anything, just mumbling something quietly and flailing his hand around.

"We can do a rematch, you know?" Eden smirks, suddenly getting a surge of confidence, "anytime you'd like."

Spencer glances up for a second before turning his attention back to the chessboard.

Emily leans down to Eden as she's walking by, " I think you broke him, " she laughs.

Eden giggles before turning her attention back to the paperwork.

~

At the end of the day, with most of the staff gone, Eden turns her paperwork in and starts walking out. Spencer following suit.

She enters the elevator, about to press a button as she hears a shout asking to keep the doors open.

Spencie.

Spencer walks in pressing the button to get to the parking garage for both of them. He glances every so often at Eden before asking,

"How did you win?"

Her eyes still staring at their misshapen figures on the doors,

"How did you lose?"

"That's what I'm trying to figure out."

"Do you understand chess?"

"Of course I do, " he looks at her with a slightly offended expression.

"Then why did you lose?" she smirks.

Right then the doors open, Eden walks out, Spencer following. Morgan and Prentiss in a conversation before Emily walks to her car, Morgan staying back.

A car pulls up next to the pair, with a rolled down window, a man in the driver's seat says,

"Get in hun."

"See you tomorrow 187," Eden says.

"See you, " Spencer snickers, "188."

She smiles before entering the car and hugging the driver, waving goodbye as the window rolls up, Morgan walks up to Reid,

"Think that's her boyfriend, hun?"

( ‾̀‾́)σ »

A/N: oh Morgan, your gaydar sucks. What did you think of this chapter? I'm sorry if I made any chess mistakes, I'm too stupid to learn how to actually play. What about andy? Do we love him or love him? Thank you for reading and also commenting I love reading and responding to you guys!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

61.3K 1.8K 39
โ˜…๐‘บ๐’๐’Ž๐’†๐’•๐’Š๐’Ž๐’†๐’” ๐’‚๐’‡๐’•๐’†๐’“ ๐’•๐’‰๐’† ๐’Ž๐’๐’”๐’• ๐’‰๐’๐’“๐’“๐’Š๐’‡๐’Š๐’„ ๐’Ž๐’๐’Ž๐’†๐’๐’•๐’” ๐’Š๐’ ๐’š๐’๐’–๐’“ ๐’๐’Š๐’‡๐’†, ๐’š๐’๐’– ๐’’๐’–๐’†๐’”๐’•๐’Š๐’๐’ ๐’Š๐’‡ ๐’๐’Š๐’—๐’Š๐’๐’ˆ ๐’Š๐’”...
822K 17.4K 31
โœง๏ฝฅ๏พŸ: *โœง๏ฝฅ๏พŸ:* | ๐‘๐„๐ˆ๐ƒ'๐’ ๐†๐ˆ๐‘๐‹ [ ๐ฌ๐ฉ๐ž๐ง๐œ๐ž๐ซ ๐ซ๐ž๐ข๐ ] โœง๏ฝฅ๏พŸ: *โœง๏ฝฅ๏พŸ:* โ Out of suffering, have emerged the strongest souls. The massive charact...
107K 1.6K 27
(Spencer Reid x Reader) Dr Spencer Reid a genius with an IQ of 187 and an eidetic memory, my friend an colleague who just so happened to be the man I...
1.3M 32.8K 30
"๐‘บ๐’‰๐’†'๐’” ๐’‚๐’๐’˜๐’‚๐’š๐’” ๐’’๐’–๐’Š๐’†๐’•." -๐ฌ๐ž๐š๐ฌ๐—ผ๐ง 15 ๐ฌ๐ฉ๐ž๐ง๐œ๐ž๐ซ ๐ซ๐ž๐ข๐- ๐œ๐—ผ๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ ๐›๐ฒ: @๐š๐—บ๐ฒ๐ ๐ซ๐š๐ฒ๐—บ๐ข๐ค๐š๐ž