Anemone. || Taennie

By Fakeluvvvv

(Formerly known as The M.U., published in April 2019, retitled in 2023.) Though honestly truly is the best po... More

Prologue
The BestFriend
Sick
Secrets
Jealousy
Time
Paradise
Mine
Inside Her Heart
Ruby
In Your Warmth
Lie To Me
After You
My Moon
Love Me, Leave Me
Happy Birthday
Fairytale
Princess
You, Only You.
The End?
Crashing
Answer
Tacenda
Home
Him
The Girls
Suspicion
Conflicted
The Party
The Diary (Abscission Part 1)
The Split (Abscission Part 2)
Dead (Abscission Part 3)
I'm Sorry (Abscission Part 4)
I'm In Love With Her (Abscission Part 5)
Epilogue
Holiday Special - "A Christmas Surprise"
50K Special Chapter - THANK YOU!

Race Against Time (Abscission Finale)

2.7K 136 88
By Fakeluvvvv

Phew here we go😓
Audio up there!😚
Caution; minor swearing ahead

Right after Jongin leaves, Taehyung immediately dashes over to Jennie's hoping they would be home, or leave a message.

He has never really entered the house when he looked for them earlier, out of respect, or probably suspected they'd be back soon.

He opens the gate, a feeling of anxiety suddenly taking over him.

Using the spare key hidden in Mrs. Kim's petunias from New Zealand, Taehyung hesitantly opens the door.

"Jennie?" He calls out, only to be greeted by silence.

He feels oddly terrified. Don't know why, he just... feels scared for some reason.

"Hyung?" He calls out again, but still no response.

All of a sudden, he's greeted by Cheongug, who's probably relieved to see someone after being left alone for quite some time.

"Cheongug-i!" Taehyung exclaims lifting the cat up.

"Do you know where they are? I have something important to tell your mom." He giggles to the cat, like a maniac.

He turns his gaze to an empty cat bowl.

"Hm, Jin hyung would have filled that bowl if they were going out on an emergency trip. Or better yet, Jennie would have brought you!" Taehyung said, still talking to the cat.

Alas, Cheongug ignores him, walking away to the couch.

Taehyung scoffed, picking Cheongug up. He lifts him up to his face, just like how you would with a baby.

"Hey, I know dad hasn't visited in a while, and I'm sorry for that, 'kay?" He giggles again, earning a meow from the little creature.

Taehyung sets him down as he starts exploring around the house, calling for Jennie and Jin.

But of course, no one answers.

He stumbles upon Jennie's room, and all their memories come flooding back.

"Oi"

"Why do you look so sorry?"

The little girl furrows her brows at him, suspicious of what he's hiding behind his back.

"Give it." She argues.

He finally gives in, hesitantly handing her the headless barbie doll.

Her eyes widen in shock, snatching the doll.

"WHY YOU-" She raises the doll in the air, ready to hit him with it.

He covers his eyes as he accepts his fate. But nothing happened.

He opens his eyes and she begins to laugh, putting the doll down.

"Relax, it's just a doll. Jin oppa can fix it." She snickers at him.

He scoffs, laughing along.

"You're insane, Ruby Jane."

He unknowingly chuckles, remembering that scene.

This room was almost like it belonged to him too. Everything was familiar, from the ceiling to the floorboards. Usually when you're in someone else's room, you feel a little uncomfortable. But he always felt so safe and at home here.

But today it felt so empty. The whole house felt so empty. That's when he realized how big of a part Jin and Jennie played in his life. They were two precious people he wanted to have in his life forever.

And if he isn't too late... Hopefully he'll have her forever.

Walking around the room, he notices a strange envelope on her desk.

It had his name on it, so he knows he isn't prying into something he shouldn't be.

As he reads the letter, he could feel his heart wretch with each word she's written.

To my Taehyung,

I still remember the first time I saw your face. Brightly lit eyes and a summer sweet smile, playing in the mud while the other kids stared at you in disgust. And even though I just got a pretty new dress, I decided to join in your fun. Funny how that started everything we have. Though, I don't remember when I got these feelings. Was it when you caught me from falling off the swings? Or when you wiped the excess ice cream from my mouth? When you kissed my knee when I scraped it? I don't remember because I think I've always loved you. From the day I saw you in that messy puddle to the last day I will breathe. I love you, God, I love you so, so, so, much. But love always require sacrifices. And love doesn't lie. So I'm done lying. Taehyung, I'm writing this to you because... I don't have much time left. I can feel myself getting weaker everyday. But when I see you... I feel like everything's okay, that I'm gonna be okay. I have hanahaki. I'm pretty sure I've explained it to you. You know the memo, hehe. If you see this, I'm probably already dead or dying in a hospital bed. I've always heard love kills. I just never thought it was actually real.
I just... I want to thank you. Thank you for everything. From the start to the, well... end. Even though things turned out this way, I would never trade it for the world. All the pain was worth it. It was worth every smile you gave me, every laugh we shared, every heartbreak we went through, and every single time I looked into your eyes. Those eyes.. I will never forget them. You are worth everything. Because I love you. I always will. When I go, please move on. Find a girl who will love you more than they love the world. Make her breakfast, bingewatch Mulan and To All The Boys, make her a fort, and kiss her goodnight. Find someone who can be with you forever. Find someone who can love you like I loved you.
Take care of Jin oppa, he's a big softie :P. And look after Cheongugi! Be a good dad. Take care of Blackpink, BTS, Irene, Seulgi, Sooyoung, Nayeon, Tzuyu, and Chaeyoung. And add Kai as well. I love and adore you all so much.

Especially you, Taetae. You mean more than the universe to me.

Wo Aini, Aishiteru, Saranghae, Ti Amo, Mahal kita... I'll say it in any language just for you to understand that-

I love you.

Forever and Always,
Your Ruby Jane.♡

Without a single thought, he grabbed the keys, and dashed for the door, petting Cheongug on the way.

He ran to his car, spamming Jin as he starts the engine.

As he was panicking, driving away from the neighborhood, he felt his phone vibrate in his pocket.

From: Genie Hyung🍞
Seoul Metropolitan Hospital. Meet me at the reception area as soon as you see this message. Hurry. Please.

Sparing no hesitation, he drives off to the hospital immediately.

🖤
Tuesday, 10:37PM
Seoul Metropolitan Hospital
Reception Area

Taehyung runs to Jin as soon as he sees him.

"Where is she?" He asks.

Jin motions Taehyung to follow him, as they walk through the hospital.

Taehyung guessed where this was leading to. And he didn't like it. He could feel his heart beating so rapidly, and his sweat started to build up. His hands started to shake out of anxiety and fear.

And they reached their destination.

Taehyung was right, and he hated that he was.

The Intensive Care Unit.

After wearing his protective gear, he nervously walks to the door, as the doctor and his nurses catered to Jennie.

Taehyung could only stare at the white door.

As he turned the knob, he took a peek inside and felt his heart drop. He immediately closed the door and buried his face in his hands, feeling his tears trickling down his face like a waterfall.

"I-I can't do it hyung." He cried, as Jin stared at him.

He tried his best not to cry as well, engulfing Taehyung in his arms.

"Why did this have to happen now?" He cried, as tears started to form in Jin's eyes as well.

"This is all my fault... If I had realized these stupid fucking feelings in time I..."

"I could have saved her."

"I'm so sorry hyung, I was so selfish." Taehyung sobbed as Jin hugged him tighter, sniffles emmitting from him.

Jin thought it was unreasonable to still be friends with Taehyung after everything his sister went through.

After all, it is crushing to see his baby sister who he's loved, cared for, and protected all his life hanging by a thread.

But now all he sees is a broken little boy who failed to confess to his crush.

"It isn't too late." Jin says, as his voice breaks.

"Even if she might not wake up anymore."

"Tell her."

Their moment was interrupted when the doctor and his nurses came out, looking defeated.

"Doc?" Jin called, hoping for a positive outcome even though he knows there isn't.

The doctor purses his lips.

"Maximum fifteen minutes." He says.

Hearing that felt worse than a thousand breakups to Taehyung. It hurt worse than anything he could imagine.

Every plan he had for her... gone. Everything he wanted to say had to be compiled into fifteen minutes.

Why did this have to happen? When they could have just spent an entire life and future together?

"I'm so sorry." The doctor says as he walks away.

Jin looks at Taehyung, both looking defeated.
Jin nods at Taehyung, using the last bit of his energy to give him a weak smile.

Taehyung hugs him tightly as he sobs again.

"Thank you so much, hyung." He whispers, before gathering up the courage to face whatever is behind that white door.

As he enters... He finally sees her.

And it hurt. It hurt so bad.

Her milky soft skin, now pale pierced with what seemed like a thousand needles, different machineries surrounding her as her life depended on it. Her once bright and lively doe eyes looked so hollow and soulless. Her pink lips now devoid of color, her chubby cheeks have disappeared, and the hands he so loved to hold felt so cold. She was so pale and skinny, and stems were almost protruding from her skin.

And yet to him... She was still beautiful.

Kneeling down, he held her hand as soft cries emmits from his mouth.

"Hey, Ruby Jane." He says amongst his tears.

"I-I read your letter." He stammers, trying to hold back tears.

"You don't have to say I love you in any different language."

"I understand you loud and clear."

"It's me that has to say it in ten thousand different languages. But that won't be able to make up for the countless days of heartbreak I put you through."

"I heard your message every time."

"I've always known you've loved me, even without telling me."

"I heard you."

"Now, will you hear me?"

"Jennie Kim..." He cries harder, softly carressing her hand with his fingers.

"Jennie Ruby Jane Kim..."

"My Ruby Jane..."

"It's long overdue."

"But I..."

"Love you."

💚
Friday, 11:15PM
Kim Residence, Living Room
Eight years after

The living room is dark and empty, with nothing but the light of the projector projecting her bright smile.

A smile he would never forget.

As he skims through his album, he reminisces all the memories he and her went through. All the good... and all the bad.

"I wish you were here." He whispers.

"Yeobo-ya."

Taehyung almost jumps, as this sudden voice scared him.

"Who's that?"

Taehyung covers the projector immediately, hoping she didn't see anything.

"Hey. I saw a girl." The woman argued, getting a little frustrated.

"No, no, Honey, it's no one I promise." Taehyung tried to reason, but she doesn't buy it.

"Then why were you crying?" The lady furrows her eyebrows.

The lady runs to the projector and snatches the blanket covering it and there, she finds a picture of young Jennie Ruby Jane, smiling.

The lady was distrought.

"What the hell is this?!"

"This again?!"

"I told you to delete those!" She fumed, as she has told him time and time again to delete those images.

"I told you, these pictures are special to me." Taehyung argued, clearly not here for it.

"What about me? Am I not special to you?"

Taehyung sighed.

"Why are you so upset, baby?" He wraps his arms around her, trying to calm her down.

"I already told you about this."

"Ugh. It just disgusts me." She grits her teeth.

Taehyung scoffs.

"She's the prettiest girl in the world." Taehyung reasons again.

"Just delete it please." She rubs her nosebridge in frustration.

"No."

Suddenly a little child's footsteps were heard.

"Mommy? Daddy?"

"Why are you fighting?"

"And why is mommy's face on the wall?" The child laughed.

"It's because your stupid dad won't delete those photos. I looked so fat there!" Jennie argued.

"No way, you were the cutest potato ever." Taehyung cooed at her as she rolled her eyes at him.

"Shut up." She replies.

The child tugs on their pajamas, snatching their attention.

"Now that I'm awake, can we watch a movie?" He cutely tries to persuade mom and dad.

Jennie sighed.

"Baby, it's 11:30PM. You should go back to bed."

"But it's a Saturday! Tell her daddy!" The little boy huffed.

Jennie looks at Tae with a smug look.

"I mean... It's a Saturday. How about just one movie? Come on, mommy." Taehyung pouted at her, copying his son.

Jennie looks back at the little boy with a grin.

"One movie shouldn't hurt." She smiled.

"Yay!"

And so they end up binging Mulan.

In the midst of the movie, Jennie suddenly asks Taehyung a question.

"Bun, why were you crying though?"

Taehyung pursed his lips before answering.

"Cus I could have lost you."

"I remember the time you suddenly woke up, and I was a crying mess. Even the doctors couldn't believe it. They said it was a miracle." Taehyung laughed.

"I remember coming out of the room to tell Jin and I suddenly saw everyone outside! Joohyun noona looked like she was ready to strangle me to death!"

Jennie chuckled, remembering the chaotic scene.

"YOU FUCKER KIM TAEHYUNG!"

Everyone desperately tried to pry Joohyun off Taehyung, hopefully so he doesn't die, while Jin reassured the people giving weird looks that this was normal and nothing to worry about.

"Jen..." Taehyung tried to speak.

"Alive..."

Irene was curious, so she let him go. But still, he murdered Jennie, so she wasn't gonna let him go just like that.

"Jennie..."

"Jennie is alive."

"..."

"WHAT?!"

"You got everyone to fool me with a fake MU but we ended up together anyway." Jennie laughed, reminiscing the good old days.

Taehyung sighed, not really wanting to remember that.

"Yeah, let's not go there." He says, hugging her tighter, as Cheongug suddenly appears, joining into the hug.

And the night ends with a tired little boy, a snoring father, and an annoyed mother that has to deal with them.

But... What about the others?

Well... Take it away Mrs. Kim!

Hmm, it surely has been a long ride, huh? Well fret not! I'll fill you in!

Irene, Seulgi, Sooyoung, Chaeyoung, Tzuyu, and Nayeon are all happily married!
Yes, it's true. Joohyun eonnie is married, lol.

Lisa just got engaged to her boyfriend, and is getting married next year.

Jisoo is currently working on her business and is single at the moment. But hey who knows🤭

Rosé is married and has two kids. She is handling a nice cute café just around my neighborhood so we can all come together to meet up sometimes. And her kids are just adorable!

Jongin currently lives in Australia and is engaged to a famous KPop star. We're still in contact, and we're actually pretty close! Though, the Bangtan oppas don't really like him right now, cus recently, Taehyeon announced him as his favorite uncle.🤡

Jimin and Jungkook are in happy relationships and have stable jobs. Good for them! Hope they don't cause trouble anywhere again.😌

Yoongi, Namjoon, and Hoseok have worked together to make music. Only Namjoon has a wife and kids. Yoongi and Hoseok said they would rather be an iconic uncle duo for now.

Jin is now a renowned Michelin star chef, but is still single. He's still weird and kinda gross but he's on the market ladies.😎

Jeonghee and Dojoon are happily married with three children. They moved back to their hometown right after college and got married soon after. They're adorable.

As for me, I'm a model, walking on the most elite runways (Because I'm a bad bitch😎). And I'm also a full time mom and wife!♡♡♡

Taehyung is currently a famous soloist in the music industry. But he's also an awesome dad and a loving husband. Can't ask for more, he's perfect.

And Taehyeon is currently in kindergarten, but is also a part time prince living in his own wonderland with his awesome mom and his cool dad. He likes to guard the castle from scheming evil monsters, and going on adventures to rescue a princess.

It's been quite a ride, hasn't it?

All the heartbreaks, and all the good times were all worth it just to be here. I still don't know how and why I was given a second shot at life, but I'm grateful for it.

It was all worth it... Just to be able to wake up to him and fall asleep to him everyday.

I heard him.

And it felt so amazing.

The fact that my "I love you's" are no longer meaningless.

That my patience and perseverance paid off.

That I finally know who I'm meant to be with.

That my life has just changed in just three words.

That my love was no longer unrequited.

That finally..

He loved me too.

the end.

__________________________________________________________________________________Hey guys. I honestly have no idea what to say. I'm just so overwhelmed with emotions right now. I just can't believe it's finished. And so, I'd like to thank you. All my readers, from the start to finish. Thank you so much. This book wouldn't be where it is today without you. I'm just so overwhelmed with all the love and support this book got, despite all the errors and weird scenes. I can't express my gratitude in words. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to grow and tell you the story of these two characters. It means a lot to me. I love you guys so much. I'd also like to thank my family and friends for supporting me and helping me out. And one of my best(est) friends in the universe KylieAngelBaguyo! I love u ma HAHAHAHA MISS YOU NA. Thanks to my dog too, love u bb.

Thank you all so much for the love, and as we close the chapter of this era, I would like to give you all a big virtual hug! I love you!

감사합니다, 사랑해.💚

-Fakeluvvvv❤❤❤❤

0🌸

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

458K 15.4K 77
a ship. a dating ban. busy schedules. far-from-acquaintance relationship. things won't really work out. but if you really, really like her, tell her...
50.3K 2.7K 42
If all it is is 8 letters, why is it so hard to say? ............... Kim Taehyung and Kim Jisoo. Those names are known by almost every student in an...
1.7K 93 13
" I got sick of everything " -- Taehyung " From Me also " -- Jennie " I said everything not...
41.8K 2.1K 38
A story between three peaple Kim Taehyung, Kim jisoo and Kim jennie. Love or destiny, let's see what brings them together.... Taehyung lives in USA a...