Something New

By cia_stories

Aurora Samantha King can get everything that she wants, her life is a constant cycle, formal gatherings, scho... More

Something New
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty One
Twenty Two
Twenty Three
Twenty Four
Twenty Five
Twenty Six
Twenty Seven
Twenty Nine
Thirty
Thirty One
Thirty Two
Thirty Three
Thirty Four
Thirty Five
Thirty Six
Thirty Seven
Thirty Eight
Thirty Nine
Forty
Forty One
Forty Two
Forty Three
Forty Four
Epilogue
Author's Drama
Special Chapter
Special Chapter 2
Special Chapter 3

Twenty Eight

1.2K 45 4
By cia_stories

I took a deep breath as I look at the tall building in front of me, this is the main office and the biggest infrastructure here in the Metro owned by our family. I haven't been here ever since I was a first year high school student. 

So probably, no one knows me as what my father had originally planned, to work here starting from the bottom so we could all avoid the employees treating me differently. 

Hindi ko nadala ang sasakyan ko ngayon dahil saka ko lang naisip na kung dadalhin ko iyon, baka makaagaw pa ako ng pansin, to think that in my resume, I am a fresh graduate with no experience at all as this is my first job, well technically, it is. 

But good thing that Zeke drop me off here, the whole building is heavily guarded and from the outside, if I am an ordinary person who's not familiar with lavish things, I would get intimidated by this building. I took a deep breath one more time before I started to walk, there are ten steps towards the main entrance at may nakakasabay din akong ibang mga empleyado.

As far as I know, employees of PK Empire have two choices when it comes to their business attire, for women, they can wear either a skirt or slacks for their bottom in any color so long as it is still following the company policies. While men are allowed to wear any business suit they want the same as how it is still under the rules the company has set for their employees.

Newly hired employees are given two sets of business attire, for women, a pair of black slacks and a skirt with the same color, two white long sleeved dress shirt, two sets of black blazer and a pair of black high heeled shoes. For men, they are also given two sets of suit and tie and a pair of leather shoes. 

All of it are given to newly hired employees, and because I am a newly hired employee here even though I didn't even applied, and because of how my father wants me to learn this way, I am wearing my uniform. Black skirt, white dress shirt and my black blazer and heels.

If only he didn't personally told me to wear this outfit, I would come here sparkling and in fashion. I mean, there's nothing wrong with the color black, but it's too dull. Gusto yata ni Papa na mas ma-feel ko ang buhay ng normal na empleyado talaga para hindi nya ako payagang magsuot ng mga mamahaling damit na nasa closet ko lang sa bahay. 

As childish as it may get, malapit na akong magtantrum if hindi nya ako pinayagang gamitin yung sling bag ko. It's a designer bag my grandmother gave me back then when they went home from Paris.

Kasi kahit pala anong simple ko talaga, lumalabas at lumalabas din talaga pagiging fashionista ko minsan lalo na kapag nandito ako sa lugar kung saan ako pamilyar. I mean, there's nothing wrong in wearing simple clothes, branded or not, but I kind of miss this pala, dressing up.

My heels are making a sound on the tiled steps and when I reached the main entrance of the building, the guards just let me in when I told them that I am a newly hired employee so I still don't have my ID with me.

When I reached the reception's desk, there was a woman wearing branded clothes--I know one when I see one--who looked at me from head to toe first before asking.

"Hello, what can I do for you?" she asked but her smile was obviously plastic.

"Good morning, I am here to fetch my ID. I'm a newly hired employee." I said and she nodded.

"Pumunta ka sa may HR after dito. May I know your name?" tanong nya kaya tumango ako.

"Aurora Samantha K-Lacsamana." I said and she nodded before looking down on her table, probably to find my ID, which of course, was already handled by my father or Joe, his personal assistant, I don't know who actually did.

Nang maibigay nya sa akin ang ID ko, I looked at the picture and smiled, buti na lang kahit sa ID picture, maganda pa rin ako. 

I wanted to laugh at my thoughts, I am actually scared for my first day of job, but then I am just so inspired to do better that's why I can laugh at silly things right now. Kailangan kong magtrabaho ng maigi, the higher my position, the more I can have a hold of my time, and the more time I have, I can easily come back to visit George and Em-em in the province.

That's just one of the reasons of course, hindi din naman kasi ako ganoon nagmamadali, because the main purpose of this is for me to learn everything in the company that can help me run it smoothly in the future.

I wore my ID and went to the HR, according na din sa itinurong direction ng babae sa reception's desk.

I knocked twice on the door and when I heard a faint "come in," I went inside the office.

A woman around early thirties smiled at me when she saw me, tumayo na din sya agad sa kinauupuan nya at sinalubong ako.

"Good morning, Ms. King." she said that surprised me. Mukhang obvious na nagulat ako dahil natawa sya ng bahagya.

"I was told before hand that you are coming, and don't worry. Ako lang ang nakakaalam as part of the hiring process and well, also because of the order from the CEO." she said as she put her hand around my shoulder, leading me out of the room again.

"Let me tour you around first as I discuss everything that you need to know while you're on training." sabi nya ng nakangiti and I just nodded.

Nang makalabas kami ng office nya, may mga nakasalubong pa kaming ibang empleyado na binati sya, she would just answer them with a slight nod and a smile.

"May I know your name Miss..?" I asked while we're walking side by side.

"Oh! My bad Ms. Lacsamana, I am Laureen Perez, I am the Human Resources Manager of PKE, I've been working here for 5 years now so I guess I can say that I already know what to expect in employees I meet everyday." sabi nya ng nakangiti kaya napa-angat ang isang gilid ng labi ko.

"Then what can you say about me Ms. Perez? Do I look like I'm going to blend in smoothly?" I asked, mainly because I am curious about her insight, she seems like a nice lady too though.

"Oh I'm sure you'll be fine, you actually remind me of the Madam and your father combined. That's why there's no doubt that you are a King the moment I saw you walk inside my office without actually knowing what you look like in person." she said before pointing towards the elevator and by Madam, I guess she's pertaining to Lola.

I smiled as we both went in, kami lang naman ang tao sa loob so I guess it's safe to talk.

"This is the main office so there really is a lot going on here and you'll be hired like a regular employee as per your father's order. This is like the brain and the roots where orders come from that are distributed to every employees we have. First this is the the Production Department, they are mainly the ones assigned in production planning and scheduling, control and supervision of workforce, managing our product quality, control inventory and deciding the best production methods and factory layout."

"Since PK Empire is a large company that is known worldwide for its products and services, this department's focus is to organized and to make sure that every plant and its labor force are in order as well as the inventory of every product we produce and offer."

"They usually work along with some departments like the research and development team, the marketing department, finance and us, in the human resources." she said and as she show me around, napaka-busy ng mga tao. 

"This department alone occupies ten floors of the company, mainly because this is the department who handles all the work with regards to our products, plant and production sites as well as handling the employees of every manufacturing plant we have...." 

Gusto ko sanang malula, iniisip ko pa lang yung amount ng papers to do and to organized, nahihilo na ako. Our business wouldn't be called an empire for nothing, it is a conglomerate company, we have diversified businesses coming from Lola Kailee pa lang, and it became stronger when she married Lolo Alex who's family is a well-known hotelier in Asia and in the States. 

So imagine the hotels, restaurants, malls, resorts, real estate, banking and finance as well as the products from PKE that we produce. I am actually admiring my grandparents as well as Papa for handling such a large business with lots of employees and their families to feed.

Nakakatakot pumalpak.

I don't know if I could be like them, or kahit hindi na katulad nila, hindi ko alam kung kaya ko silang tapatan.

We went to the last floor allotted for the production department, maybe that explains the surrounding, it was very comfy for an office, I am sure it was designed like that so the employees can work in a wide and spacious environment to also help them extract their creative juices. 

Starting from the 5th floor up to this floor where we are standing, the colors are mainly white and gray  because of the carpet and the tables, nababasag lang ng mustard yellow and white yung dull colors from the desktop computers and office swivel chairs. 

I forgot to mention that the second floor consists of the cafeteria and leisure room for the employees. While the third and fourth floor are meeting rooms and some rooms I still do not know what for.

"This, will be your space Ms. Lacsamana." she said that made me look at where she was standing.

It's a normal white desk with the same yellow mustard swivel chair like the others, but I guess no one has been occupying this one dahil nakabalot pa din sa plastic yung swivel chair like it was just placed there a while ago before we came.

I was near the aisle but I don't actually mind if I'm surrounded by busy people.

"Everyone! May I get your attention please!" Ms. Perez clapped her hand twice and she did got their attention.

Nag-angat sila ng tingin mula sa mga computers nila and I was just standing there, beside Ms. Perez and being the center of attention is just a normal thing for me so I just smiled at them nicely. But I think some of them didn't took that in a positive way, may nakita pa akong umirap, like can they chill?

Naalala ko na naman si Clarissa, I hope she's keeping her hands to herself though. Kahit pa alam ko namang hindi magpapaagaw yong si George, the thought of someone touching him makes my blood boil. During my stay pa naman sa kanila, I learned na hindi talaga ako magandang ginagalit. I guess it's in the blood.

"This is Ms. Lacsamana, she'll be part of this team now." announce ni Ms. Perez and some were nice enough to wave their hand at me that made me smile and wave back a little at them too.

"Miss Lianne will tell you all the things you need to do, I'll leave you to her care since I'm afraid I cannot tour you around the other departments of this building anymore as I have a meeting to attend to." She said and I nodded understandingly.

"It's okay ma'am." I said and she smiled.

"Take care and good luck, Ms. Lacsamana." she said as she gave me that look that she and I both know what it means.

Naiwan ako sa isang babae, probably a little older than me by a year or two, she's actually beautiful and petite, her long brown hair was tied in a ponytail giving her that professional look along with her slacks and blouse.

"Hi! I'm Lianne, I'm the team manager here." pakilala nya and I smiled as I took her hand for a shakehand.

"I'm Aurora Samantha K--Lacsamana, pleased to meet you." I said, gusto kong batukan sarili ko kasi muntik na naman akong madulas. 

Oh well.

"You can settle here in your desk as I tell you the work you need to do." she said and I nodded kaya ibinaba ko muna sa desk ko yung folder na hawak ko at yung sling bag ko. 

"We're mostly on the run here in the team, tayo kasi ang nagche-check ng mga factories at mga production plant na under ng company. Do you know how to drive a four-wheel?" she asked and I nodded.

"Okay, that's a relief. Although we can ask some of the men here, pero ang iba sa kanila ay may mga ginagawa din and reports to finish. So kailangan talaga na kapag hindi sila pwede, we don't have a choice but to use girl power." she said and even laughed for her last statement.

"We check inventories and make reports out of them. Kahit kasi may mga empleyado mismo sa mga planta na naka-assign sa trabahong iyon, better to double check because we don't want any hole for a possible problem. Kung hindi mo kasi naitatanong, nakakatakot ang mga nasa Finance Department." sabi nya na lumapit pa sya sa akin para maibulong yung huli nyang sinabi.

"Can't blame them though, sila ang malalagot once na may anomalies. Nakakatakot pa naman ang CEO." sabi ng isang boses, nakatingin sya sa computer screen nya habang naiiling. She's a lady and her desk was just behind me. 

Hindi ko maiwasang pasimpleng mapatakip sa bibig ko dahil sa narinig para mapagtakpan ang pagngiti. That's very typical of my father, just one scan of the paper, he already knows if you're giving him a report that is either worth to execute or worth throwing into the trash. 

Sa school output lang namin yon lumalambot, kahit ang pangit ng drawing ni Austin, sasabihin nong maganda because he doesn't want to hurt my brother's feelings. But my brother knew he's just doing that to please us so we'd laugh about it secretly.

"Ah..uhm..she means, strict kasi ang CEO pagdating sa mga reports. Better make it perfect, or at least, correct and complete." nakangiwing sabi ni Lianne.

"I understand." I said and even nodded my head. Ganon ba ka-terror tatay ko dito? I can actually imagine and I can't help to laugh about it that's why I'm biting the inside of my cheek because they might find me weird.

Ang softy kaya ni Papa kay Mama, if only they knew. 

"For now, I'll assign you to these papers. Kindly read them and organize them, kararating lang ng mga yan mula sa mga tao natin sa planta." sabi nya bago ipinatong ang may kakapalang mga folders sa desk ko. 

I nodded and she smiled before tapping me at my shoulder.

"Good luck and welcome! Kung may tanong ka, pwede mong tanungin si Michelle dyan sa likod mo or kahit ako. I'll be just in my desk." she said and I smiled before thanking her.

Nang maiwan ako sa desk ko, huminga ako ng malalim habang nakatingin sa mga folders na nasa sampu yata pero ang kakapal naman ng nasa loob. All of the people here are either busy working on their desk or they are constantly moving around to hand papers and stuff.

Abala ako sa binabasa kong mga inventory ng mga food production specifically ng mga delata at processed foods for this month nang may nagbagsak ng kung ano sa tabi ko. When I looked up, it was one of the ladies I saw rolling her eyes upward. Mga folder pala ang ibinaba nya.

"Isama mo din yang mga yan. tsk." may pagkasigang sabi nya before leaving na ikinapaling ng ulo ko pakanan.

I just shrugged my shoulders and went back to what I'm doing nang magsalita si Michelle sa likod ko kaya napatingin ako sa kanya.

"Mga maldita talaga, tsk. Beware sa mga yon, they're three in the group actually. Feeling entitled dahil lang siya ang second in charge kay Lianne." sabi nya kaya tumango ako't binigyan sya ng ngiti.

"Thanks for the heads-up." sabi ko ng nakangiti na mukhang ikinagulat nya, nagtataka pa syang nakatingin sa akin.

"Hindi ka natatakot sa kanila?" takang tanong nya. I innocently shake my head as an answer.

"No, as long as I know that I am doing my job. I'm okay, right?" I said and kahit nagaalangan sya, tumango sya bago umiling-iling saka ngumiti sa akin, a real one.

"I like you, ayos yan. Wag kang papa-bully don, mahilig kasi silang mambulas sa mga bago dito. Yung iba napapasunod nila dahil natatakot sa kanila, balita kasi ay malapit syang kamag-anak ng mga King." she snorted at her last statement at gusto ko sanang mapataas ang isang kilay ko pero pinigilan ko.

"I guess she's really scary then." I innocently shrugged my shoulders before lightly flipping my hair and went back to work. Pero lumingon ako ulit sa likod ko para magtanong.

"What's her name again?" I asked that made Michelle looked up from her screen.

"Charice Dimaano." sagot nya and I nodded before smiling.

"Thanks. I'll take note of that." sabi ko bago tuluyang bumalik na talaga sa trabaho.

Looks like may kailangan din akong bantayan dito sa mga susunod na araw. Hindi ko alam na may kamaganak na pala kaming Dimaano when all of our family members have either American or Korean blood because of our grandparents. 

Napapailing na lang ako habang nagbabasa, it sure is fun working in an environment that no one knows who you really are.

~~~

"Bye guys!" someone said that made me look up, when I looked round, mga nagsisiayos na sila ng mga gamit nila and that made me look at my watch.

It's already 5 o'clock, I sent a message to Em-em pero hindi naman nasagot yung bata after his last text na tingin ko ay si George ang nagsend because he knows how to use a phone. It says to focus on my work first so that's what I did.

I just started to fix the papers on my desk and kept it all in my drawer, sinave ko yung ginawa ko sa desktop and stood up from my seat while holding my bag. 

Maaga pa, maybe I can ask Zeke to drop me in a nearby mall of ours to shop some things for Em-em para bukas makapunta ako sa--my train of thoughts stop when I heard my phone ringing.

When I looked at it, speaking of the man himself, I answered the phone immediately.

"Zeke, can we drop by to the mall later?" I said as I was waiting for my turn in the biometric time clock near the office entrance and exit. 

Tatlo kasi kaming nakalinya tapos muntik pa akong masubsob nang mula sa likod may nakadali sa braso kong may hawak ng phone, pagtingin ko kung sino, it was Charice who looked at me from head to toe while chewing her gum, tinignan nya din yung nasa unahan ko kaya natatakot na nagbigay daan yung sumunod na dapat na magta-time out.

"I'm afraid not young lady, your father already told me that you'll have a dinner outside." sagot ng nasa kabila na, I bit the inside of my cheek because of the attitude this woman gives. 

Kung nagmamadali sya pwede naman syang mag-excuse. Pansin ko lang ah? Bakit yung mga kinaiinisan kong tao nagsisimula ang pangalan sa C, first was Clarissa and then this Charice.

"Young lady? Are you still there?" tanong ng nasa phone ko that made me snap back to reality.

She's not worth the time.

"Sinabi ba nya kung may kasamang iba?" tanong ko at nang makalabas ako ng opisina, buti na lang hindi ko na sya nakasabay sa elevator, ibang mga empleyado din ang nakasabay ko.

"The order was vague young lady, but he told me to drive you to the location for your safety. I'll meet you in the parking lot." he said and I just said okay before going out of the elevator.

Nang makita ko ang usual service ko, kaagad akong sumakay sa backseat ng kotse, while on the way, I typed a message to Augustus.

Where will we eat dinner?

Uhmm...in the house?

Napakunot ang noo ko sa pagtataka dahil don, hindi ba sila kasama? Kahit sa text halata kong nagtataka din si Augustus sa tinanong ko.

I thought we're eating dinner outside?

Oh, now I know. Hindi daw, kayo lang ni Papa according to Mama. Enjoy!

"Zeke, kami lang ni Papa?" I asked that made him looked at me from the side.

"Yes, young lady." he said and I nodded, napapaling sa kanan ang ulo ko sa pagtataka.

I guess it's part of the training? I'm not really sure.

When we reached the venue, it was one of our hotels. I went out, hindi na lumabas si Zeke dahil sa entrance pa lang naman ay nakita ko na ang ilang tauhan ni Papa, so that makes it safe for me to go alone.

For sure naman susunod yun kapag na-park na nya ang kotse.

The guards greeted me and I just smiled as I went in, dumiretsyo ako sa restaurant ng hotel because for sure this is where our dinner will be. 

"Table for how many ma'am?" the lady by the door asked and I stopped looking around to look at her.

"Mr. Stephen King's table please." I said and she nodded. She guided me towards the table where my father is at hindi ko inaasahan ang nakita kong mga kasama nya sa lamesa.

"Oh Aurora, good thing that you're here. Have a seat." my father said but I was just looking at the people that will be having dinner with us tonight.

_________________________

#unedited.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.9K 374 37
COMPLETED... Celeste Contrera ang pinaka-pasaway sa magkapatid. Mahilig sa gulo at kabulastugan. Suki pa ng kulungan. Paano kung makita niya ulit ang...
97.3K 2.3K 30
Legend says that we are born with a red string of fate that connects us to our soulmate. Anong mangyayari kung ang university beauty na si wendy mont...
345K 6.8K 45
One Runaway Duchess who wants to have a freedom, left her palace to find a new homey place. Napadpad sa Pilipinas at namuhay bilang ordinaryong tao...
127K 2.8K 34
Cojuangco Series #2: Aicelle Danica Cojuangco A queen will never bow down to anyone, well maybe up until the moment she falls deeply, madly in love...