Grand Duke Cajarte

By WhelveStars

Daughter of a Count from the Claintery Empire was soon to be married with the tyrant Grand Duke of Arello. Wh... More

PROLOGUE
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
EPILOGUE

Chapter 28

1.2K 60 2
By WhelveStars

"As of today, she insulted our Madam once again," reported by the spy that I implanted among Crystal's attendants. She was my hidden eyes and ear in the days when I'm not beside with my wife. I was thankful that she can be trusted and obey my commands to protect Madelaine in her own way.

This young lady in front of me instantly came here just to tell me, how devastated my wife after her first social gathering in Celtic. I watch Madelaine poured her heart and soul in preparing the event. She was tired despite her work and teaching Crystal. Then, I thought that I might lessen her burden through hiring a mentor for that Princess.

Though, she doesn't need to please everyone of them in that tea party but if it will make her happy, so be it. We have more influence in the society than what she thinks or from what she can gain to her guests. The visitors must be the one who feel grateful for being invited, not the other way around.

"Did you memorize the names that were involved?" I was pertaining to the ladies who are impolite to my wife.

"Absolutely, including the Baroness and the others."

A smirk formed on my lips as I trace with my quill the map of the lands that they own. Perhaps, they are currently enjoying their wealth and spending their fortune lavishly. It will only take a few days before I will see them lying down on the street, begging for a bread as their business will soon to be ruin. "Keep it a secret to the Grand Duchess."

"By all means."

I'm aware of what that wench doing to my wife. Every word that comes out from her filthy mouth was being reported to me. Not a single humiliation will pass by and I will make sure that it will be rebutted to her tenfold. I can't help but to imagine her being tortured and crying for help.

"Alright. You're excuse."

"Yes, Your Excellency." The maid bowed her head and went out of my office that only leaves Josh and me.

Silence reign among us before the Knight cleared his throat. "Here are the papers, Sire."

"Hand them over," I said as I grabbed those documents that I recently ordered him and hastily read the contents. I laugh when I discovered quite important.

I finally found out the reason why the Princess decided to tell me about the Datae on the exact date of the Crown Prince's birthday. To buy her enough time to seduce me and make her the Grand Duchess instead. However, she failed mesmerizing me and resolve her scheme in killing me or escaping at the night of the ball.

Still, I'm not sure within the two choices and this is why I have to endure her annoying presence. Listening to her voice makes me want to silence her. Yet, it was easy for her to be read like a book as she was already leaking out small information while wasting my time with her. Hence, Josh and I began to investigate her to formulate a cautious ploy.

And we end up being here. All of this for just a mere ring.

Because that wench, has no plan in telling us where are the Datae gems located. If I know she will be this useless, I will never content myself in a peace treaty with her country. I should have killed all of those bastards. I never expected how low their King will be, sending their daughter. I bet they are still communicating through letters and plotting behind my back.

"Have you heard the act of treason of the Duke Nababaliw?" He was greedy and will do anything for the sake of money even betraying his own ruler. Just put it simply, he has gone mad. And he also formed alliance with Mazo to sell valuable information about our country in exchange for his trade business.

"Yes, I discovered that he has a connection with the Princess," Josh answered. "But then, what about it?"

The Emperor of Arello will surely make a request to capture him. Knowing my knights are skilled and reliable. By that time, the Princess will take it as an opportunity to argue and persuade me with a haste decision of sending my troops to the Dukedom. Then, when the ball will eventually occur, there was no one to protect myself from her attack.

I chuckled. How shallow her thoughts of me? She must think that I used my own soldiers as a shield in the battle war.

"I will let you have to know that you must act as if you are highly against it." Rather, in the first place, we are truly opposed to her ridiculous idea.

"Sire?" he looks at me dumbfounded. "For what reason?"

"Because we need to make her believe that we were being fooled by her," I grinned.

My guts didn't let me down with my prediction. She did really ask me to send an army to the Dukedom and I just merely followed her order. However, I let all of the novice knights to travel in that place. I wasn't worried if they will get hurt, it was part of their training but I know that Duke Nababaliw in this time has already escape with his family.

I clenched my jaw. The jesting part is, when the Princess asked for me to sleep with her. I almost choke her to death if I didn't restrain my urge. I decline her strange offer without a doubt and continue to work until dawn. If she was Madelaine, I would gobble her this instant. Yet, too bad for her because I only see her as a tool in acquiring those impudent gems.

As the dinner came and Madelaine informed me about the invitation, I was wondering why the hell that good for nothing Crown Prince specifically gave her the letter for the grand ball? I promise, if there's anything going on between the two of them, I would secretly dispose His Royal Highness even if he was the future Emperor.

"Listen well, Josh. I have a hunch that the Imperial Palace will be under attack."

"But Your Excellency, who would do such things to a heavy guarded place? That's absurd!"

I sigh. "That is why we need to be prepared." I intended for Josh to be the escort of Crystal. If he failed to watch over her and escaped, he will just to have search for her and the ring that I gave to that wench will be his guide in the night. It was a jewelry that glow in the dark though, it was a cheap magic ring that she doesn't need to boast in front of my wife.

I clearly gave my instructions to Josh. If Crystal protest and tried to attack him, he will just have to stab her with his sword but he must avoid the vital part and bring her back alive. We still need her mouth to know the whereabout of the Datae gem. He doesn't need to worry about the staining blood, that fool Princess will be wearing the color that I suggested.

"Yes Sire!"

"One more thing," I stared at him. "Do not let any man dance with the Grand Duchess even if it was the Crown Prince."

Since the moment I saw them together when I arrived at the manor with Crystal, adding the report of Jackson about my wife's doing while I was away ended me with gritting my teeth. Did that rascal, self-proclaim friend of mine just made a move to her?

"Alright."

I grabbed his armor and pulled his face closer to mine. His features stiffen as I glared before him. "I'm warning you. I'll demote you, if you ever let her out of your sight."

"I completely understand," he salute with a firm reaction.

My hand released him as I comb my hair to let out some frustration. I badly want her to dance with me. The feeling of my fingers resting on her waist as I guide her body for a graceful movement along with the classic rhythm of the music was the most I've been waiting for.

"Aren't you going to see your wife?" He suddenly changed the topic. I have no issue, him asking in that particular area. Our planning was already finished and everything that I need to tell him was delivered.

"I will see her at night," I stated with a long exhaled as I pick up a paper from the stacks on my table. That's because I wanted to complete all of my work for me not to worry anything while I'm making love to her. It will be quite unusual if that strict butler will suddenly to knock and disturb my time with her.

"That is what you always say. You hardly see her in the day."

"I know."

"I'm worried about your relationship with her Your Excellency."

I shut my eyes tightly as I massaged the bridge of my nose when I remember a ridiculous memory. Some days ago, a wicked idea crossed in my mind. It was dinner and Crystal would always deliberately cling to me like a leech. I allowed her for the sake of our condition however, there was a part of me wanting to see Madelaine being jealous. I want her to monopolize and go crazy at me just like how I am to her.

Because the beast inside me wants her all by himself.

However, she still has this stone-cold on her face and act as if it was a normal scene. I didn't like her to easily adapt, I want her snatch me away from this insolent wench. Yet, I was dumb for hoping that she will care instead of giving me permission to do anything I want.

"You've been smitten."

"I'm aware," I replied to my second in command.

"You're smitten."

"You don't have to said it twice."

Even though my wife will not say it directly to me, I can sense her anxiousness whenever Crystal will badmouth her. Well, she could be uneasy around me that would be better. This was the only seconds that I want to kiss her under the beautiful moonlight and told her to wait as I assured her for many times.

I will surely surprise her with the most extravagant ring on her finger. Then, she will walk on the red carpet with her white gown unto to the aisle where I will be expecting her patiently. Screw that condition we agreed, let her be my wife for real cause I have no plans in divorcing her.

She will bear my children as we spend together the rest of our lives having wrinkles and until our hair turn grey. She would probably still look more gorgeous even with our old age. It will be pleasing if our daughter will take after my wife. Blonde straight hair with intimidating eyes and proud nose with seductive red lips.

"Why are you grinning? Are you happy about something?"

"Shut it Josh."

I was itching to tell her all of my plan when she barged in my office in the middle of Crystal and Josh argument. However, she just recovered from fainting in the library and I could not let happen to spoil my proposal for her.

To sum it up, she shouldn't be stressed with the politics issue that much and so, I advise her to rest more. She would be a great help as always but I can't rely on her knowledge forever. The purpose of her existence was only for me and not to use her for against the enemy. I wanted to let her know that she is my most important person that if I would lose her...

He raised a brow. "Well then, if there's nothing left to be discuss I must excuse myself."

"Fine. Don't forget your mission." He pay his respect before closing the door.

"I'll go insane," I whispered as I close my eyes. Leaning against the back of the chair. "I was tamed, by a mere adorable bunny."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

783 83 15
Cover made by @matildagrei. A gentleman yearning for a wife. A young lady longing for romance. A marriage of Armenian hearts and the British elite th...
3.3K 155 22
In the realm of shadows, their souls collide, He, a tempest of hatred, she, love's gentle tide. A monstrous heart, consumed by darkness' might, Yet s...
63 12 13
Among long rolling hills of green, scattered with wildflowers lived two Kingdoms; that of the humans and that of the lords. The lords lived among all...
258 13 13
[ TAG-LISH STORY || FANTASY ] I am accused by the crime that I didn't do... and without any further more investigation, they executed me. Facing the...