Tales Of Fikayo

By opema78

After the death of her mother, Fikayo Adejare starts to experience the hard side of life. From her childhood... More

Before you dive in
Welcome welcome
Chapter one
Chapter two
Chapter three
Chapter four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-one
Chapter Twenty-two
Chapter Twenty-three
Chapter Twenty-four
Chapter Twenty-five
Chapter Twenty-six
Chapter Twenty-seven
Chapter Twenty-eight
Chapter Twenty-nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty-two
Chapter Thirty-three
Chapter Thirty-four
Chapter Thirty-five
Chapter Thirty-six
Chapter Thirty-seven
Chapter Thirty- eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Fourty

Chapter Fifteen

153 38 16
By opema78

This chapter is dedicated to Mideblessed.
Also to butterflyaddict17, her comment gave me the inspiration to write😍

Tuesday October 13, 2020

Fikayo's POV
"I'm sorry about yesterday. I shouldn't have yelled at you." I say to Olamide when she is about to grab her bag. She turns to me and smiles.

"I'm also sorry. It's not your fault. You needed to vent. It's ok." She says and hugs me. I hug her back.

"I hope you can open up to me one day." She says.

"Me too. I know there's something that is bothering you. The way you looked at me yesterday." I say to her. The way she looked at me yesterday when she saw me cutting. It seemed like she had a similar experience before.

"We'll talk after school today." She says. We pull back from the hug and walk towards the school bus. We both seat at the front seat. The school bus takes us from hostel to school and from school to hostel since the hostel and school are not close to each other.

When we got to school, I come down from the bus and Olamide follows me. We walk to the SS3 block where we have to depart since we are not in the same class. I'm in SS3B while she's in SS3A

"Bye. We'll see during break." Olamide says to me as we get to the entrance of her class.

"Bye." I say and walk away towards my class. I really miss Sade. Without her, I'm alone in the class, no one to talk to. I don't know why she left but I can never hate her. There must be a reason for her actions. Maybe I should call her again later after school.

Once I enter the class, I walk straight to my seat at the back. The class is somehow scanty, the others will probably come with the next batch bus. Only few people pay attention to me. The others are busy with one thing or the other and I'm glad because I don't want to be on the spotlight of any rumor again.

After minutes of sitting alone in the class, the bell rings , signifying the start of assembly. I stand up from my seat and walk out of the class immediately, before any other person.

I walk down the stairs to the assembly ground, passing the prefects who are busy forcing the Juniors to go for assembly. Those children will never hear word. When I was in their class, I didn't skip assembly, I wonder why these ones are spoilt.

The assembly goes perfectly until the Principal decided to make an announcement. As the Principal walks up to the podium, the students start to murmur. I wonder what the announcement is about.

"Can you all keep quiet." The Principal says, shutting everyone up. He grips the microphone tightly and looks at all the students, with a frown on his face. The announcement must really be serious.

The murmuring stops and the everywhere becomes quiet like a graveyard. If a pin drops, everyone will hear.

"As you all know, this school is one of the best schools known nationwide. Our image is very much important and it must not be jeopardized. So if there's any of you who has that in mind, be prepared to be expelled because we can't afford nonsense in this school." The Principal says and everywhere still remains quiet.

"Recently, something happened and I decided to keep it as a secret. But I changed my mind. It's better to let you all know about it so that it'll serve as an example to all of you who involve yourself in such act." The Principal says. I wonder what he is talking about.

"A video was sent to me about two weeks ago. The content of that video is something that I'm ashamed to say as the Principal of this school. It was a video of a student of this school having sex with a guy." The Principal says and the murmuring starts again.

"Will you all shut your mouths and let me complete my words." The Principal shouts and everywhere becomes quiet again.

"I am highly disappointed. I know that some of you here also do things like that and I want to warn you. If we ever catch you, you'll be expelled just like Sade Fabunmi." The Princpal says and the students start murmuring quietly.

Wait. Did he just say Sade Fabunmi. That's not possible. It can't be true. Sade that I know couldn't have had sex with someone. She's not like that.

"If you know that you want to turn to a tree, do that somewhere else na. Can't you see that you are blocking the way." Someone says and pushes me, bringing me out my thoughts.

"I'm sorry" I say, and move look around. The assembly has ended. I was lost in my thoughts for long. I walk back to my class, my mind filled with thoughts of what the Principal said about Sade.

I enter my class, only to be faced with Tolu and Tola and their gang. I try to walk past them, but they block me.

"You guys should just leave me this morning." I say to them. I'm not ready for another drama this morning. I'm sure they want to bash what the Principal said about Sade in my face.

"Beds of the same feathers flock together. That statement is very true." Tolu says and the rest of her gang nod their head.

"Sluts move together." Tolu says, drawing the attention of the whole class.

Why is she calling me a slut now. I don't know what's wrong with these girls sef. Don't they get tired of pestering me.

"See I don't have time for this nonsense now." I say to them.

"You still have the guts to talk. After trying to force yourself on my boyfriend yesterday." Tolu shouts and the whole class starts murmuring.

"What the hell are you talking about?" I ask her. I didn't force myself on Ayomide. He was the one who kissed me. Unless...

"Shut the fuck up. You this slut. Yesterday when you forcefully kissed my boyfriend at night, you were drunk abi. Answer. Didn't you kiss him. Don't you dare lie. He told me himself." Tolu shouts, leaving me speechless.

I trusted Ayomide but he did this to me. I shouldn't have let my guards down. He kissed me himself but he lied that I forced myself on him.

"Ashawo. Your plan for me will not work. You can't steal my boyfriend. You better watch your self before what happened to your useless friend happens to you." She hisses and walks back to her seat.

"Prostitute." Tola says and follows Tolu.

The whole class is filled with laughter. I just walk to my seat, my head hanged low. On getting to my seat, I sit down and bend my head on the locker. My seatmate isn't there and I'm glad. Tears fill my eyes, making my sight to become blurry. The teacher enters and I raise my head up to listen to the lecture.

The rest of the day goes with me left alone to my thoughts. The teachers came and went but not without giving us assignments.

When it is closing time, I put all my books back into my bag, grab my bag and walked out of my class straight to Olamide's class.

When I get to the her class, I stay at the entrance where she sees me and waves. She grabs her bag and walks towards me.

"Yoo girll." Olamide says, smiling, when she gets to where I am.

"This one that you're smiling widely." I say as we walked down the stairs.

"Can't I smile? Anyhow, I'm craving garri with groundnut, milk and cold water right now." She says to me and I laugh.

"Now you're making me salivate. When we get to hostel, we should chow garri." I say.

"For sure." She says and I smile.

"A rumor has been going around since morning." She says as we enter the front seat of the school bus.

"What's that?" I ask her.

"They said that you forced yourself on Ayomide. I know it's a lie so tell me, what actually happened." She says to me. Thank God she believes in me.

"Yesterday after my tantrum yesterday. I went to the balcony. He came to meet me there. He apologized then we talked about different things till he suddenly kissed me. After that, he pulled back, told me to forget what happened and then he left. I didnt kiss him, he was the one who kissed me. I can't believe he lied to them. I should have expected it. He's not the little boy I knew before." I say to Olamide.

"Wait, you knew him when you were young?" Olamide asks, her mouth open in surprise.

"Oh. I said that. I'll tell you about it when we get to our room." I say as the school bus enters the hostel.

We come down as well as the other students and walk to our room. On getting to the room, I pull off my uniform and wear a casual dress which consists of a top and shorts.

I and Olamide sit on my bed with our garri with milk, sugar and cold water.

"So about Ayomide. How did you know him when you were young?" Olamide asks and takes a spoon of garri into her mouth.

"I knew him since I was a baby. Our mothers took us to the same daycare. And our mothers were friends. We were very close, doing almost everything together. When my mother died, he stopped being my friend. He blamed me for her death. Since then I didn't hear from him till he came to this school." I say to her, and she looks at me, her mouth open and her eyes wide. Does she know something that I don't know. Maybe I should ask her.

"Do you know..." I say but the ringing of my phone interrupts me.

I grab my phone and accept the call which is from an unknown number.

"Hello." I say, scrunching up my face. I wonder who this person is.

For some seconds, no one answers. Is the person dumb Ni.

"Hello. Please who is this?" I say again and no-one replies. Its like this person is crazy.

"Since you have nothing to say, I'll cut this cal..." I say, but a voice interrupts me. The voice is familiar.

"Fi...Fik...Fikayo." The voice says again. The voice is really familiar. It sounds like my mum's voice. No, that's not possible. Mom is dead.

"Fikayo." The voice says again.

"Mo..Mom." I say, my voice breaking. Tears fill my eyes. Suddenly, the call disconnects.

"No. Mum. Mum. Are you there. Mum!" I say, tears falling down my eyes.

Vote Comment Share 💥❤️💋

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

43.5K 12.9K 41
When Dieko's father becomes a drunkard overnight, her mother becomes a punching bag but she endures it hoping it will all end soon but when he then b...
259K 80K 98
We're all broken, all beautifully Imperfect. They say these would be the best days of our lives but does that mean it could be the worst too? For a t...
20.1K 6.9K 86
[π™²πš˜πš–πš™πš•πšŽπšπšŽπš ] π™΄πšπš’πšπš’πš—πš π™Έπšœ π™Ύπš— π™Άπš˜πš’πš—πš "I am so tired of pretending, where is my happy ending " That had always been the battle cr...
45.8K 12.2K 75
The choices teenagers make... Some choose to smoke Some choose to steal Some choose to be bullies to defend themselves Some end up getting pregnant...