A Devilish Artist (Cuphead De...

By Derpy_Toon_Girl

Art by me♡ Updated!! This OC X Devil Story was requested by @EmmaDreammur24 Plot: Mystic Artist Giddens (My... More

Note + OCs
CH1: Moving into Inkwell Isle
CH2: A New Pal
CH3: The Devil's Catch
CH4: Lost in the City
CH5: Train to the Casino
CH6: Encountering Dice
CH7: The Deal Between Friends
CH8: Damsel in Hell
CH9: The Devil's Servant
CH10: The Chores Pt.1
CH11: The Chores Pt.2
CH12: Dinner Drama
CH13: The Final Curtains
CH14: Stalemate
CH15: Confession to the taste Pt.1
CH17: Awkward feelings
CH18: Escaping the hounds
CH19: Adoring her
CH20: Dice's Suspicions
CH21: We could be Friends?
CH22: Alone Together
CH23: The Date Plan
CH24: The Date Pt.1
CH25: The Date Pt.2
CH26: The Devil's Trickery
CH27: The Devil and King Dice's fight
CH28: The Train Ride to Hell
CH29: Exchange for Love
CH30: Love was their Sin
CH31: Go to her
CH32: Home and Reunited
A Christmas Special Pt.1🎄💕
A Christmas Special Pt.2🎄💕

CH16: Confession to the taste Pt. 2

1K 14 18
By Derpy_Toon_Girl

//"Why don't you do right?" Parody lyrics from Who framed Roger Rabbit will be in this. Honestly, it fits so well, I swear. I love this chapter so far.//

The streets were dark. Night time has struck already for Mystia and Louie. Louie whistles to keep up some music for their trip. Mystia was scared in this dark city. She never went into the city at night before, not even with Pocu. She was very close behind Louie.

"Louie? How can you wander the streets this late? Who knows what could be lurking here?" 

Louie sighed, he turned around to face her. He took her hands, petting the top of her hands. "Don't worry, doll. Nothin' absolutely nothin' to worry about. Why, we'll be able to find a resting spot somewhere."

Mystia's expression went down. She looked up behind Louie, gasping with hands hiding her lips.

Louie raised a brow. "Mystia? What's wrong?" Louie didn't know that there were three anthro pitbulls behind him. 

"Well, well, well, what do wes' have here?" The pitbull in the middle asks. "A puny insect cheapskate with a... Ah, a beautiful dolly. My, my, Louie? Is this your gal? Never knew you would find a woman. You got great taste!"

Louie knew who these guys were. He was afraid to turn around but made no mistake not to. He looked up at who was looming over him. "Spud! Hehehe, well, ya know, I have been out for quite some time. Found her at a diner and we got a chance to know one another. Right, Mystia?" Louie used his two elbows to bump against her arm.

She was shaking in fear, but looked down at Louie. She didn't want to lie. She would feel bad about it. In this situation though, she had to make an exception. "Yes."

"Nice to meets' ya. My name is Spud. This here is Spike and Rex. We couldn't help but to notice that your man Louie, owes us a lot of money during our little wager. Now, if you don't mind handing the roach to us, we will leave ya alone, toots."

"Huh? Wager? What is he talking about?" Mystia asked.

"I have ehehe, no idea. Please, fellas, tell us what do you mean? Ah!" Louie was grabbed by both Rex and Spike.

"Don't play stupid, bug! You owe us a good $500 bucks! You never gave it to us during the game we had? You wanted a place to live so we made a deal, see? You lost and now we want what's ours!"

"Put him down, this instant!" Mystia stomps her foot firmly on the ground. "I am not going to stand here and have a pointless fight over money! Louie? Whatever this is, it needs to wait! My daughter is in great peril and I want her home!"

"Yeah, Spud, what she said! I don't have $500 bucks on me! Please lay off!"

"Sos' you're a father now? A family man, eh? Listen, lady. We would like to let your hubby buggy go but he needs a proper punishment! Come on, Lou! Time to take ya back home~" Spud laughs along with his other dogs. "But hey, hate to leave your girl waiting. Let's take her, too!" He grabs Mystia, dragging her by her wrists. 

"No! You let go! I need to find my daughter!" Mystia screamed, kicking Spud in the shin. She dashed, trying to get something out of her bags to save Louie. 

Spud was not having any of that. Rubbing his shin, he rushed over to grab her on time before she could grab anything. "Feisty one, aren't we? Let's go! I am done playing these games!" 
He puts her above his shoulder, walking away from the scene with their belongings. They had to be thieves.

***

Down in the cavern, everything was all set up for The Devil. Mystic was covered in ink splotches due to the hard work she had done. Gumphrey fluttered his fat body towards the table, looking at the big, 6 layered cake with 6 candles and 6 demons surrounding the devil as figurines on top. His grin glowed, "You did so great, Mystic! Oh boy, oh boy, the anticipation is killing me inside!"

"Hopefully, he'll love it. My dad calls that flavor of sweets, Death by Chocolate. Figured it would be perfect for a devil's red velvet cake," Mystic used a cloth to wipe her face from the ink mess.

"Would it kill him?" Henchman asked, concerned about this sweet taste.

"No, no, it's an expression. A figure of speech. Basically, the chocolate is so rich, your taste buds will EXPLODE!" She exaggerated with her hands up in the air, making a booming sound.

King Dice came down, heading in the main room where they were. "Mystic! Glad to find ya. Swear, this place takes minutes to make it down. Anyways, The Devil's party is going to be in moments. Everyone is gathering. We need to get you dressed up."

"Dressed up? Am I already dressed up?" She asked, confused.

"That is your casino attire, doll. You need a literal dress. I got a shortcut," a black hole appears before Mystic and Dice. He takes her by the hand before dropping down with her into the black hole. Mystic was kinda afraid. Where is King Dice taking her? She should have guessed it... His room. She saw Dice rush over towards his drawers. Taking out a measuring tape, he went over towards her.

"Just double checkin' your size. I think blue would look good on ya, wouldn't you agree?"

"I g-guess so?" She had so many thoughts in her head. Why was a dress even necessary? He headed over towards his wardrobe. Moving clothes out of his way, he found the many dresses he had saved for his staff. He found a blue gown. It was very formal and it glimmered in the light. He knew it would be perfect. He brought it to her.

"Try it on. I will get the accessories for ya."

Mystic was nervous to try it on.

"Hun? Try it on in the dress room. Had the demons install one. Kinda was tired of the whole bathroom changing. Oh, here we go! Long black gloves would suit you nicely. Maybe some pearls for your humble servitude and beauty. Gotta get your hair fixed up, too. We don't want it being a mess? We need to make your appearance presentable for Luci."

Mystic went into the dressing room, taking off all of her casino clothing. It was dirty so she was lucky she was getting a new outfit.

King Dice set down the gloves and jewelry on his vanity stand. He was looking for a tux back in his wardrobe when he heard the door open.

"So? How do I look?" Mystic asked, now in her blue gown.

King Dice turned around and his jaw dropped. He was amazed at how Mystic looked in that dress. "Mystic... You are drop dead gorgeous! You're like a girl out of a dream," he says walking over towards her, taking her hand and kissing it. "But this dream is so real! Come, we got to beautify ya!" He takes her to his vanity stand, sitting her down on the chair. He began to brush her hair. "We still have time so no worries!"

The demons and staff all assembled in the halls, making their way down to where the cavern is. The Devil was growing impatient over King Dice. He was supposed to lead him down.

"You, Mr. Wheezy? Where is Dice?" The Devil asked. "He says that there is treasure he found all for me and he promised to show me to them. I do not want to be in some sort of goose chase here!"

Mr. Wheezy sweated in nervousness, not wanting to have this surprise spoiled. He had to think of something. "Well, Boss? He wants this to be a uhh... Treasure hunt all for you. Ain't that fun?"

The Devil wasn't going to be fooled. He can tell something was up. He leered his eyes at Wheezy... Then he just shrugged. "Fine by me, I guess it isn't all that bad."

Mr. Wheezy exhaled in relief. It was pretty close and he could have been smoked to death by him as well.

The demons opened a door, leading to a set of stairs. The staff stepped aside for The Devil to head down first. He put his hands to his hips before rolling his eyes. As soon as he headed down, he saw a mini coaster before him with a coaster track under it. He was speechless. He didn't like these games. He could just easily find it within an instant but he made no changes to this surprise it would be ruined. He got in, looking down at a tiny demon heading over towards the lever. He jumped high, latching onto it before pulling it back, releasing the breaks for the coaster to take Devil down to the cavern... IT WAS FAST. The Devil's lips were flapping in the wind, the coaster going all over directions on the tracks. It didn't take long however as the coaster made it all the way to the dead end of the tracks. This made him fall out of the coaster, making him fall into a hot pool down where the cavern is.

The pool got hotter, bubbling as he came out of it, steamed. "WHAT'S THE MEANING OF THIS?!!" The water evaporated off his fur. He got out as he changed into a streak of flames, going to find who was responsible. The moment he appeared into the main room where the party was, he changed back, still furious. His anger shifted to a surprised look. He blinked, seeing a big cake, presents and decorations all over the place.

"SURPRISE!!! HAPPY EVIL BIRTHDAY, DEVIL!!!" Every one of the demons and staff say in unison.

"This? This was the surprise that Dice was talking about? This is fantastic! Oh, ho, I thought everyone would forget~" He teased, waving his hand down gleefully.

"Now, how would we forget your birthday, Devil boy?" Pirouletta places his fur coat on him, spinning around with streamers. "This is going to be the best party that you ever hoped for! We wanted it special, right fellas?" Everyone agreed, nodding to her.

"If this is going to be a party, ladies and gentlemen, we need music! HIT IT! HICCUP!" Martini shouts. The demons began to strum and drum and blow onto their instruments. The Devil grew in size as a medium giant. His subordinates were like action figures to him. He walked over towards his throne, watching the show as the demons displayed dance and music for him.

King Dice and Mystic made it through yet another black hole. They were already at the cavern instantly. Behind the rocky stage, he glanced, seeing The Devil all big and ready for his entertainment.

"Ooo, nelly, he looks like he is enjoying himself. Dollface, you ready to take the stage? You are the surprise for him after all."

Mystic rubbed her arm, hair hair hiding her left eye. "Mr. Dice? I don't think I can handle this. What if I get things thrown at me by him? What if he makes fun of me? What if he..."

"Now, now, you are overreacting. Just remember what I said. You got this! Don't lose that confidence."

"I don't think I have confidence in this." She sighed, lowering her head.

King Dice drooped, his mustache did the same. He put his hands together, trying to make an alternative way for her to feel a spark for her confidence to be high again.

"Okay, I was planning a song for you to dance and sing to. But maybe you need to speak your mind?"

She raises her head up, looking up at Dice.

"Yeah, I can see ya telling our birthday demon what he needs to understand. He needs to understand you. We all need to understand you. Think about it. I am gonna orchestrate a number for the demons to play. See you out there. Don't take long now... Seriously." King Dice walked on the rocky stage.

Mystic was debating this. But she doesn't have time. She needs to do what is right in her heart. It's now or never. She peeked out, watching Dice using his baton to coordinate the band to play an upbeat solo.

The Devil was tapping his feet as the music played, the little demons dancing around the ring of fire. The staff joined along as some were having snacks and refreshments. The Devil was distracted by the sounds filling his ears when his sharp pupils took a quick glance at Mystic peeking out shyly. He chuckled, his finger lifting up, making her magically move onto the stage.

"It's quite rude to linger in doorways, my dear-" He paused. Everyone saw her on stage as Dice looked down at her. The Devil was stunned. What were these feelings? What he saw on stage was the most beautiful damsel he has ever seen. This wasn't the poofy hair mortal that he knew from before. No, not at all. This maiden looked entirely different. Was this really her? He had to snap out of it. He used his trident to tap the ground. "Mystic? Do you plan on entertaining me on the day of my birth of sins? Go on, go on. I am waiting~"

Mystic looked at Dice. She was shaking, not knowing what to do. She looked at The Devil. She not only had stage fright but was afraid to disappoint him.

"Doll? Come now, say what you feel. Sing," King Dice whispers. He threw the microphone to her.

She caught it, looking at everyone.

King Dice queued the lights, having the place dim. Only spotlight was Mystic on stage.

🎵🎨Care to hear what you want to know

I have so many things I want to say and show

Can't you feel me like some other folks do?

Show me respect and maybe you'll get it, too🎵

Everyone was memorized by Mystic's voice. All except The Devil. He already heard her before. He never really liked it because it sounded so angelic. Blech! But here, right in Hell, this wasn't an actual angel. She was literally a human/Inklif performing. He laid against his throne, listening to her.

King Dice lowered the music to a jazzy low beat tune.

🎵🎨There are times where I kicked and shout

But do you blame me? I wanted to get out

Can't you feel me like some other folks do?

Show me respect and maybe you'll get it, too🎵

Dice dabbed the baton in the air before rolling his foot up to zip to Mystic's side. He took her hand, dancing her and spinning her under his finger before letting go. She spins on the ground, her eyes closed before fluttering them open. It wasn't intentionally seductive but it was towards The Devil. He almost had his red pupils formed hearts but they shook in fear in the shape of worms. He didn't want to show these feelings around anyone.

🎵🎨My heart and soul craft this song to you all

There is still more to me than meets the eye

Can't you feel me like some other folks do?

Show me respect and maybe you'll get it, too🎵

Mystic stands up, demons decided to form themselves as stairs for Mystic to step on. She was hesitant about this but Dice pushed her down as she slid down now. She slides all the way where The Devil is. Her face was flushed, gulping in fear but continued. She points to him as she slowly walks a little closer as her hips slowly move.

🎵🎨Show me respect and maybe you'll get it, too🎵

The Devil was actually steaming inside. Between the lyrics... How could he show respect to this soul?! His tail unexpectedly curled around her ankles, traveling up to her dress, then to her hair. It cupped her chin, making her look up at him.

🎵🎨Can't you feel me... Like some other folks do?🎵

Everyone clapped for her, shouting her name, whistling, etc. Her performance was top notch.

The Devil was eyes locked onto hers. They both stared for a few seconds before he let her go.

"I must say... Impressive but your seductive display isn't convincing," The Devil critiques.

Mystic looks down, not meaning to even do such a sort. Seducing the king of the underworld? She wouldn't do that. She was following what Dice wanted her to do; Say what she means, what she feels. Maybe it came off, too seductive.

"Now everyone, you know what's next, right?" The Devil questions.

Gumphrey raises his hand. "It's time to cut your cake, Boss."

"Precisely! Minions! Bring forth my cake!"

The little demons went over to the dining table, picking up the enormous cake. Coming back with it, The Devil rubbed his hands together, licking his lips.

"Hmmm," he rubs his chin. "Smells like the creation of our dear lady on the mic this evening... Mystic? I wonder what toxic spell you put on this dessert~"

Mystic crossed her arms, her expression wasn't pleasing. She didn't not like what he said about her cake to him.

"I get to try the first piece."

He used his trident to form it into a knife. He Cuts a big piece, grinning. Sniffing the cake, he just couldn't wait to see how bad it was in his mouth (He is such a tsundere)!

He takes a bite into it. Giving a few chews here and there... His pupils lit up, dropping his enormous cake.

Everyone was whispering to each other, wondering what was going on.

His eyes darted left and right, trying to think on what to say.

He had to devise something quick, things were getting awkward. He looked at Mystic before rolling his eyes back, pupils hidden.

"WHAT DID YOU DO TO ME?! PEW! BLECH! AGH!" He held onto his neck, spitting out the cake. "WHAT IS THIS?!" He scorched fire out of his mouth, growling not very humanly (Not like he is human anyways :P) He was choking, gagging on it.

Mystic shook in place, grasping her microphone tight. "It's death by chocolate, devil's red velvet cake!"

"It will be... The DEATH OF ME!! YOU LITTLE BRAT! HOW MANY TIMES DO YOU HAVE TO RUIN SUCH WONDERFUL FOOD?!"

She was tearing up... Tears poured down her face. "That's... That's about ENOOOOUGH!!" She screamed. She was more enraged than many other times between him. This was the final straw.

King Dice, his staff and the demons were baffled by her aggression. Suddenly, the cake exploded at The Devil's face.

"I had it up to here... I did what I could do for you. Apparently... I'm nothing but a wreck to you. Each and every one of you!"

Mystic dropped her mic, bolting out of the scene.

King Dice wanted to stop her but threw his fist in the air downwards. He rushed over towards The Devil, trying to help him out of that mess.

"Boss, forgive me! Let's not get angry on your special day-" He backed away.

The Devil was bubbling fury with that cake mess dripping off of him. "YOU DON'T GET TO RUN AWAY!" He snarls. "She is in so much trouble... But like you said, Dice. She isn't worth it!"

"I'm r-right?" Dice tapped his fingers together, nervously.

"Don't just stand there! All of you! Enjoy yourselves! Forget that girl! She was the worst entertainment in my party!"

The staff started to murmur about his rant. They all had to disagree. Mystic was wonderful to them. Just not to The Devil, as they so think.

He sat on his throne, his demons wiping the mess off of him.

In the back of The Devil's head, he couldn't shake off her act. He had grown accustomed now to her face. Her fear. Her anger. Her despicable kind and generous actions.

***

Zooming to her room, Mystic was sobbing. She sat on her chair, wiping the makeup off of her.

"Why must he be so rude and mean?"

She cried in her hands.

The party was over, King Dice headed down to her room. He knocked on the door, worried about Mystic.

"Mystic?" He called.

"Go away! I know I broke my promise to keep my cool with him but I got tired of it! Leave me alone!" She replied back.King Dice sighed. "I'll give ya time, doll." With that he walked away from her door. 

She sniffles, looking behind her at the door.

As King Dice left, The Devil's shadow was behind, forming into himself. He made sure no one was near. He walked up to Mystic's door. He knows that once he knocks on that door... She is going to be upset looking at him, even listening. He didn't care. He had to say something now. He knocked, not addressing who he is yet.

Mystic was fixing her hair, wanting to get out of her dress but was interrupted by a knock. She sighed, not wanting to be bothered. She walked up towards the door, opening it up slowly only to see The Devil. She gave him a mean glare.

"What do you want?! Here to say more stuff to me?! Go ahead! I tried to please you. Guess I can't please everyone. I learned that now. You are very stubborn! You're so... So... Childish!!" She snaps, her cheeks flaring red.

The Devil scoffs at her tone. He pushed the door open, making her fall backwards. He closed it fast, catching her hands before she could fall back. He pulled her up, lifting her chin.

"My dear? Perhaps I should say what I feel."

She showed her teeth in anger. What caught her by surprise was that he knelt down on one knee, having her look down at him.

"Mystic, please make me more of your delicious meals! They were just so tasty!"

He was drooling by the thought of it.

Mystic backed her head up... What the heck?! She was so confused by his sudden change to her food. She shakes her head, wanting to understand this.

"Huh? Ummm, Devil, Sir? I don't understand? You didn't like my cooking, now you do? Make up your mind?!"

"Yes, I do! I lied! I was hiding it to keep up my appearances to my minions. Whatever you did is the most magical and delectable banquets that has ever tainted my tastebuds than my other demon's cooking. You have a gift and I just want more of it!"

He got up, having her close to his front.

She blinks... Her eyes tearing up. She just couldn't stand these games. She cried, hugging him. Of all people, she had to hug this evil furball. She just didn't know who to hug.

"D-Devil? How do I know this isn't a trick?"

He was taken back by her hug. He shakingly held her closer into his fluffy chest. This was kinda vile yet so sweet to feel her hug him.

"Mystic? It isn't, I swear!" I'm hungry for more of your food. Tell me, what did you use?"

"I used my ink magic. To be honest, I never cooked before and only learned to make pies like my mom does-"

This made The Devil take her out of his hug, looking down at her, now disgusted.

"Ink magic? The powers you used before? You're saying that you fed... ME INK?! ARE YOU CRAZY?! YET, WHY DID IT TASTE GOOD?!"

He had to ask himself that. How was it?! He thought he would be sick from it.

Mystic flinches at Devil, worried she'll be scolded physically.

"As long as an Inklif like me has that power, the ink won't poison you! Don't hurt me!"

"Explain?" He says, crossing his arms.

Mystic looked up at him, moving her hair back as her hands were together, fingers twiddling nervously.

"Well, when an inklif uses their imagination, it is real not just physically with sight but with taste, hearing, smell, and touch.

As far as food, the ink will dissolve in your body which is filling. Are you sure you want to eat a lot of it?"

"Fascinating... Yes. Yes, my dear. Tell you what, you do this and you can sleep somewhere comfortable tonight, deal?" He put his paw out, hoping she will accept this offer.

She looked down at it... She looked up at him shyly before slowly taking his paw.

"I g-guess so?"

"Excellent! No moment to waste, hurry up!"

He took her hand, vanishing out of her room.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.7K 219 12
The moment you entered this place made you realized... You're in for one hell of a time. After the two Cup brothers gave up, the Devil took their sou...
1.5K 25 5
WARNING: This story contains a lot of swearing, blood, graphic nature, and death The Devil has been struggling with his emotions as of late, having a...
1.9K 18 10
♤ Book 1♤ This idea came to me while I was watching let's plays of Cuphead Don't Deal With The Devil... a game which is awesome. One day Cherry and h...