CH30: Love was their Sin

//Wow, I thought this would be the end but it is not. This was pretty emotional to be honest and I felt a few tears pour down my face. I am a sap for drama romance. It makes me cry! Anyways, I have used the song "My Sin" by Annette Hanshaw. This is a song from 1929. Thought it be perfect for the two characters.//

Mystic was finally back. She was finally home. The moment that she and her mother magically arrived in front of Pocu who was just getting ready for bed... He dropped everything and hugged them both. The three rejoice in tears. "Is this a dream?" Pocu asked, holding his daughter's face.

Mystic leaned into his hands lovingly, shaking her head. "It's not a dream. I am home, dad." She hugged him.

"My little girl returned back to me. How? How did you escape?" Pocu wiped his daughter's tears. She pulled away however, her head down in sadness. "Mystic?"

Mystia petted her daughter's head. "Mystic, is there something wrong?" She looked at Pocu. "Mystic has been through a lot, dear. The Devil-"

"What has he done?"

"Nothing, dear. He released Mystic's soul in exchange for Louie... He did something so selfless and brave all for her, for us. I thank him for everything." Mystia closed her eyes, sighing. "Mystic, I am sure Louie will be alright. Please don't you fret. That deal was his choice and he wanted to do the right thing." Mystia kissed Mystic's head. "We should all rest. It is pretty late."

Mystic walked off, trying to hide her tears. She felt as though this was all her fault. She confessed her love for The Devil but did he truly loved her? Was their first date genuine? She went to her room, getting ready to sleep. She put her PJs on, wiping off the makeup as she looked in the mirror. Mystic was silent and she was having conflicting feelings about The Devil. "I am glad he freed me. Mother and father are happy. I am but Devil... I know you aren't." She went to wash up before heading to her bed and going to sleep. Tears kept pouring out however. She hugged her plush, needing something to embrace her. The feeling of the fuzzy object reminded her of him. His warmth felt so lovingly but the darkness... She covered up, trying to forget it.

Meanwhile, the anniversary party for the casino was over early. After the climatic events, The Devil was not in the mood for anything except some soft music to ease his mind. He was drinking alone at the table. Henchman, King Dice, and Louie were next to him. "I actually... Freed a soul," The Devil whispered to himself, looking down at his glass. "My beloved prize... We were going to rule Inkwell Hell as a couple. So much for that." He continued to drink.

King Dice and Louie watched as Henchman rubbed his Boss's back. "Boss, uh, no need to feel down in the dumps. Hey, why not we both head down to where those little soul balls fly. Wouldn't that be relaxing?" Henchman twiddled his fingers.

"Henchman, not now. I want to be alone in peace. I expect this place to be cleaned up in 30 more minutes. Be grateful that I didn't give you 5 minutes..."

"Boss, hey," King Dice came over and rubbed his shoulders. "I think letting that princess go was the right thing. I know doing something right is immoral to you but she felt unhappy. You gave her that one wish and you would do anything for her. Tell me, do you feel happy about it?"

"Obviously not really," Louie crossed his arms, knowing the answer.

"Not really," The Devil replied.

"Called it."

"I wanted to show her my admiration but I guess I did go too far. I just wanted her to forget home so she wouldn't cry about it. But besides that, I just wanted her to be with me." The Devil got up from his chair. "Things will never be the same without her now. The casino will be silent, no showgirl, no delicious food piling our tables every night, and no-" He stopped himself. He actually enjoyed that sweetness from her. The laughter, that cute smile she had, her light filled energy bustling the casino everyday, her beautiful voice, and her innocent nature. He walked off, heading towards the exit. He was heading back into his kingdom.