CH8: Damsel in Hell

The hole to the bowels of Hell was a long, long way. Mystic was falling down, screaming from the fall she would endure. The landing on the way down wasn't going to be pretty for her. 

A shovel lifting a bunch of coal was pouring that heavy coal into a barrel that was halfway filled with them. A fat demon was sweating from the heavy lifting he was doing. He didn't stop because it was his job to collect coal, store it into the furnace and make flames happen all for The Devil. He would usually soul count for the souls that would meet their end and be sent to Hell but it was his end of his shift. He knew he would get it done and fill in the amount that The Devil will receive by the end of his duties.

Mystic saw something down below. She couldn't make out what it was. She fell into the coals that filled the very barrel that the fat demon was filling more coal in. 
This got him to jump from the sudden drop. 
"Hello? Who's there?" He asked, holding a shovel in fright.

The coal moved around, a blonde hair began to move whilst her hand lifted up with dirt and charcoal painted onto it.
"Help me," Mystic says, weak and in pain from the hard landing.

"Oh goodness! H-hold on, I got ya! I got ya!" The fat demon rushed over to the barrel, grabbing onto Mystic's hand. 
"Oh goody! A new soul! With- A body? Huh? I thought Boss usually doesn't take the body. He just tosses it away. Unless... You're going to be tortured?" He was trying to figure out what The Devil will do to his new victim.

Mystic shakes her head, trying to dust off the charcoal before she sneezes. She wiped her dress, patting it. "Where am I? Is this Hell?" She rubbed her head.

"It sure is! My name is Henchman. The Devil must have been merciful on your soul for you to be able to walk physically. What happened if I may ask?"

"I gave up my whole self for a friend. We played a game with The Devil and then we lost. He was going to take us both but I couldn't let Louie get hurt or stay here forever. I decided to become The Devil's servant in exchange for Louie to go home up to Earth."

"Golly, that was a brave thing to do. You seem like an innocent soul. What's your name?"

"My name is Mystic Artist Giddens," Mystic got up out of the barrel. She looks up, "Where is The Devil?"

"He must be busy or something. I'm just here to be maintenance to his underworld. It's my duty to him as his loyal demon," he swore as his hand raised up, keeping his oath. "Ya know? I can show ya around here. Hell is pretty big."

Mystic turns her head, feeling the underworld's atmosphere get to her. It was very overwhelming and scary. "I don't know..."

"No worries! It may look nightmarish but it's very alluring and beautiful!" He puts down his shovel. "Just follow me. This place is ginormous so let's try not to get lost." Henchman puts his gloved hand out for her as Mystic takes his hand.

"You are very sweet, Henchman," she smiles.

Henchman blushed, feeling dopey from her kind compliment. "D'awww, shucks! You're sweeter, Mystic. I try not to be too sweet by The Devil. He gets iffy on positive gestures. Anywho, let's go!" He takes the lead, having Mystic stay close to him.

The landscape of Hell was intimidating even for a mere mortal to comprehend such complexity of its dark scenery. The warmth coming from the ground, even from the lava rivers afar, made Mystic feel sweaty from the travel.

Henchman noticed how Mystic was starting to feel heat exhaustion. He stopped with her.

"Why don't we take a rest? You seemed to be out of energy," he suggested.

"Thanks," she said as she sat down, panting whilst wiping the sweat from her head. "How do you guys live here in the heat?"

"Oh, that's easy; We have thick skin-" He slapped his big tummy. "To handle the climate here. We are immortal beings. The Devil prefers it to be hot to the core like his burning heart for evil."