CH11: The Chores Pt.2

//"Just a little love" from The Little Mermaid TV Series parody lyrics will be coming up.//

Mystic opened the throne room doors. Heading inside as she held her soapy bucket of water and mop with a sponge in the other hand, she found an area to set them down on. "Hmm, hmm, hmm," she hummed, getting her sponge and dipping it into the water. Squeezing the water out of the sponge she began to scrub the ground.

"This is going to take a long time," she says to herself. With the whole place being this big, of course it can take hours.

The Devil came out from the far end of another room. He saw his servant scrubbing the grounds which made him grin. He walked over, going behind her without a sound for her to notice him coming.

She continued to hum, dipping her sponge again only to see a reflection of The Devil in the soapy bucket.

"Boo~" he scares her in the reflection of the water, making her jump back away from the bucket only to bump into something hairy. She looks up at him looming over her. "Hello~" He waves his fingers down at her with a playful grin.

She backs up again only this time, knocking the bucket of soapy water over along with her, making her drenched to the bone with it.

He laughed down at her, "Awww, having a terrible morning of bad luck? Quite the slippery problem you are having, ain't it?" He chuckles by his puns to add on her misfortune.

Mystic gave him a glare, upset at the mess he made her do. She took the bucket off her head, "Morning, Devil, Sir," she says with the best of holding in her composure. "How are you this morning?" She was trying to get up but slipped, the wet floors preventing her from getting up.

The Devil was about to say something to her not so clicked anger. She was still being kind to him even though he just mocked her. He crossed his arms. "It's nothing but a lovely morning for me. I am going to collect souls and torment them as usual. It's just too exciting and fun! You just do your chores like a good girl," he pinches her cheeks, "Tonight is a feast and I best have it prepared and cooked well or else I'll just cook you." He lets go of her cheeks.

She rubs them, whimpering in pain, she nods, "Yes, Devil, Sir!"

"Good, now carry on and clean this mess!" He summons his trident before floating off so he wouldn't slip onto the mess.

She sighed, crawling over to grab the mop. She tried to stand up but to no avail, it wasn't going to be easy. She was soaked and it made it hard for her to walk or move. She thought for a moment. "Oh... It's the only way I can walk around," she took off her slippers before taking off her striped stockings. Her feet were now exposed as they touched the soapy ground. She slowly took baby steps on the wet floor as she mopped the area.

"I am sure everything will go smoothly today as long as he just doesn't get under my skin," she looked at the throne doors. Her face looked furious at what he did moments ago.

🎵🎨Slaving away all day here🎵

"Come on, Mystic! You can do this," she whispers as she mops.

🎵🎨Feeling all alone

I've been through a lot

This is what I got🎵

"Mom and Dad? Louie? I should have gone home. This is my fault. I wouldn't have made you guys worried sick for me."

🎵🎨I really miss my family

I know I can't be there

But I hope that they can see

I'll just be

Fine down right in here🎵

The Devil suddenly returned to the throne doors, "Henchman?! I swear you always forget to do the one thing I asked for."