CH26: The Devil's Trickery

Many days went by and the train hadn't shown up. Louie and Mystia decided to try another route. Sure there was a hole down from where Inkwell Hell would be in but there had to be an easier way. There just had to be.

Meanwhile, Mystic was tossing and turning in her bed. Squinting her closed eyes, she reached for the air, calling out for her parents.

She spotted her parents in the darkness, calling for her. "Mom! Dad! I'm here!" Mystic shouted, waving to them. She ran up towards them only to have flames surround her, blocking them from her reach.

"You have me~" A familiar voice whispers, snickering at Mystic. "You don't need your family. They probably stopped looking for you."

"No! No! I want to go home! Mom! Dad!"

"Mystic!!" Mystia and Pocu called her, trying to reach for her but they began to disappear.

Mystic was in tears, the flames engulfed her, making her cough. Her environment changed as she saw demons surrounding her, pulling at her nightgown. "Let go of me! I want to see my parents!" Her hand was pulled by The Devil.

"If you want them so bad, dearie, then here they are," he points to the pool of souls. "You can visit them." He laughed loudly, it was getting darker by his pitch. Mystic gasped, seeing their spirit orbs flying around her now turning to ghost form.

"MOM! DAD!" Mystic screamed in horror. She watched as they flew back down into the pool. She chased them, falling inside only to see nothingness. "Come back to me! I miss... You..."

Mystic screamed, waking up as she pants. The Devil barged into her room, hearing the commotion.

"Mystic, darling, what's wrong?! Why did you scream?!" The Devil ran up to her which made Mystic cover her face with her blankets, shaking.

"It's okay, Devil, really! I'm fine!"

"Then why would you scream?! Are you trying to have my heart fly out of my chest?!"

"I had a nightmare!"

The Devil paused. "A nightmare? That is... Normal to have in Hell, dear. I thought you would get used to it by now?"

"No. I would never be fine with scary dreams. No one should go through with that," Mystic says as she takes her blankets away from her face. "Devil, I just feel... Homesick." Mystic teared up, wiping her eyes.

"Sweetheart," The Devil crawled on her bed, his tail coiling her waist. "Don't cry. You don't need to worry about them. I bet they stopped looking for you. Perhaps they have moved on by now. Please cheer up. It's been a month. I have done everything for you-" He stopped as Mystic sobbed. "No, no, no, come now. Don't do this." He rubbed his chin, scratching his head. A light bulb glowed above his head. He wiped Mystic's tears away. "Hush now," he lifts her chin. "I want you to look me in the eyes and smile for me~" His eyes began to swirl, having her eyes mimic his shimmering hot hue of swirls.

Mystic tried to pull back, her face stiffened from his touch. "Devil... What are you... Doing-"

"Shhhh, shhh, no need to worry. Just smile." His voice was echoing in her mind. She did as he said and slowly smiled. "Thatta girl. Now listen here, Mystic. I want you to move on. Your parents are gone. You don't need them. Clear your mind of all thoughts about them. You only need me."

"Only you..." She repeated back.

"Yesss~" He hissed out like a snake seductively. "When I snap my fingers, I want you to sleep and when you wake up, you'll be your sunshine self like before with me." She nods for him. He lifts his hand, snapping his fingers. Her eyes closed as her head fell gently on her pillows. The Devil covered her up and kissed her cheek. "Sleep well, my sugary treat~" The Devil vanished out of her room, leaving her to rest peacefully.