CH10: The Chores Pt.1

As soon as Mystic was done, she was pretty much nervous of what her next task was.

It was getting pretty late- Then again, in Inkwell Hell, how can you tell if it's late or not? It's in total darkness.

The Devil looked at her, sitting on the massage table. Looking down at his feet, wiggling them he looked back up again.

"You've done so well, my dear," he compliments. He gave off this fake smile that Mystic couldn't tell if he was being sarcastic or honest.

"I did? Well, it is my first time massaging my feet or any body part," she replied.

"Less pressure and stop being tense," he adds.

"Huh? What do you mean?"

He gave a frown of annoyance, "You can't be clueless on your performance. You put too much pressure into my toes and as a result, you were tense. Learn to loosen up."

She sighed, "Sorry."

"I'll let it slide... Now, I bet you're wondering where to sleep? Sleep wherever you like but my room is off limits here. Do you understand?"

She nods, "Of course, Devil, Sir but where is wherever? I'm confused."

"There are a bunch of rooms to choose from. I'm not some real estate type of guy, helping you choose what fits you. Now go on," he gestures his hand, dismissing her off.

She left, following his orders. Heading out of his throne room, she saw Henchman polishing his throne.

He notices her, "Hey Mystic! So how was everything?" He flutters down.

"It went fine, I could do better with the massaging he said."

"That's my boss for ya. So what are you up to?"

"He said I can find a room to sleep in but I don't know where?" She shrugs, lost from it.

"I can help ya find a room. They're basically the same. Follow me," he leads the way for her as she follows him.

As soon as they made it to a hallway, there were dozens beyond dozens of doors leading to a simple room.

"We better get our sleep tomorrow. The Boss wants all of us up at 7:00AM sharp. Pretty early, I know. Here we go! This room will do," he opens up the door. "You got a bed. Uhhh, that's pretty much it."

"It will do, thanks Henchman You've been such a great help," Mystic kissed his head, thanking him. This made him blush and freeze in place as she headed inside.

She takes off her purple slippers before laying down on the bed. It felt stiff but she had to accept the selected bed for her new room. She looks up at the ceiling before rolling over only to tear up.

"Sorry I can't see you mom and dad. I promise I'll be fine," she says to herself.

Back to the surface world, Louie was wandering the streets, hoping to find someone who will listen to him. If the bees found him, they would just be stubborn.

He ran in the parking lot of a hotel. He looked behind himself before heading off.

"I gotta lay low for a while," he says. "I promised Mystic I would find her parents and tell them everything. By golly, I will!"

He heads to the doors, seeing that they are locked, he snaps his fingers, "Shoot! Gotta be another way inside."

He spots a balcony, making him snap his fingers again. "Ah, yes! Perfect!" He hurries off before anyone can find him. Climbing up the trees. Taking a leap of faith, he grabs onto the rails of the balcony and lands. He heads into a room, revealing it to have a lot of art canvases set up and a few plushies on the bed with fancy throwback pillow designs.

"Sheesh, this will have to be a hideout until I figure something out. Maybe a closet is a perfect place to hide. Place looks pretty baron..." Louie went into the closet, shutting it. "Pretty roomy I suppose. I just hope Mystic is okay. I can't imagine what is happening down below that dark and evil world."

***

A giant bell in the foyer was rung by a demon. The morning stirred up the rest of the damned while the others finally can take a rest from their shift.

Mystic heard the bell, making her wake up. She sighed, "Well, this is it. I wonder what kind of stuff he wants me to do?"

Down the halls, Henchman took Mystic in many areas for her to work in. "Okay, so what your chores are on this list is," he squints down.

"Wash the hallway leading to The Devil's Throne Room, wash the entire throne room, help the demons with carrying a load of coal to the furnace, and prepare dinner for the Devil. Guess that's about it. You got this?"

"Yeah, I do. Sounds like a lot of work, Henchman. How do you keep up with all of this?"

"It's simple; I follow The Devil's rules. Now let's hope he doesn't get angry. He likes the job done." Henchman pushed her off as he handed her the list of chores for her to remember. "The cleaning tools are in the closet. Good luck!"

Mystic went into the closet, getting the tools before heading to the halls.

"This is going to take forever," she whispers. "Well, my mom always told me to get the job done