CH32: Home and Reunited

//Okie dokie, this is going to be the final song of this chapter. I was thinking of using the song from Glee called "On My Own." It actually fits the moment quite nicely. This is the last chapter so buckle up for the long ride. I am so happy that this is my final chapter and I am glad we all read through it. Thank you all!//

Mystic and her family have finally arrived back at the village. Everyone gathered round' for the princess and their queen, Mystia's return. Mystic sighed in content, happy that she is with her people. Even though she missed... The underworld, her home is what she cared for more. The family would go inside their hut, Mystia and Mystic would get back into their floral attire, (my OC species females wear floral and leaves as bra and underwear while males wear it as underwear as a way to love nature and its beauty. The garments make them feel close to nature). Mystic was laying down on her bed, looking up at the ceiling. It was nightfall and her people were gathering by the fire.

"Mystic?" Mystia knocked on the wall. "Would you like to join us?"

"... I just need to lay down for a while, mom. Maybe I will come out soon," Mystic replied, turning on her side.

Mystia looked down at the floor before looking back at her daughter. "I understand. Please don't take too long. You know, your father and I are worried. You have been down for a while now. I know it is about him... Do you truly miss him?"

Mystic sat up, "Yes. I- I loved him. I don't think he really loves me back but I am uncertain. Mother, I wish things didn't turn out the way they did. He just really wanted someone who would keep him company, bring him love... I was that person but I guess he threw it all away." Mystic teared up, her mother hugged her.

"I do not know much about demons but I know a creature has a heart. Our hearts are what keeps us alive, what makes us feel inside. Devil has one and I know it. He loved you dearly to let you go but to give you what you wanted, he sacrificed that love and set you free." Mystia kissed her head. "I know it is hard but maybe it is best to let go of the past and move on. I am sure he would have wanted that."

"I guess you're right..." Mystic wiped her tears. "But I will still come out later."

"Very well." Mystia left Mystic's room, leaving her alone.

Meanwhile, The Devil finally made it to the hotel only to come back to disappointment. Mystic and her family had already left. "Shoot! I thought they were here? I bet the father couldn't afford it." The Devil rubbed his chin, sniffing for Mystic's scent. He found the bedroom where she last stayed. "Dang it! I was hoping we could try to rekindle. I feel like a fool to her, a horrible beast!" He slouched in sadness. "She must have gone home, I could track her somehow. Mystic, don't you worry, I am coming to find you and when I do, I will set things right!" The Devil poofed out of the hotel.

It was later in the evening. Some Inklifs left back into their hut while some stayed by the fire. Mystic left her room, sitting on a tree branch as she watched her mother and father sitting by the flames. She pictured her and The Devil doing something like that. The soul pool he had. As much as it was depressing and scary, it was like a light show full of orbs that they could enjoy. Mystic looked up at the sky, seeing the clouds roll in. Rain began to pour and the rest of the Inklifs fled back into their hut. Mystic sat there, taking in the rain. The leaves above protected her anyway.

🎤🎨On my own, pretending he's beside me
All alone, I walk with him 'til morning
Without him, I feel his arms around me
And when I lose my way I close my eyes and he has found me🎨🎤

Mystic hung on the branch, jumping down. She walked over to the remains of the flames, looking deep within the fire.

🎤🎨In the rain, the pavement shines like silver
All the lights are misty in the river
In the darkness, the trees are full of starlight
And all I see is him and me forever and forever