We'll Never be Sane

By stariiyy

Moulded by a world of hatred and death, Shy Solace is the reckless daughter of a crime lord. She is spoiled... More

Disclaimer
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Epilogue

Chapter 4

157K 4.1K 4.2K
By stariiyy

I dragged my feet across the shiny ground, my eyes feeling heavy and tired. After a long day of this shithole, I get kicked out. On my first day as well.

I stopped outside the door to my last lecture, before pulling the handle down and entering. I walked into the room, it didn't have much students which gave me the impression that I was going to enjoy this one.

I was told my professor for this class was absent and we had a substitute for today. Thank god he looked like he was about to drop dead, because now I can relax. There was no Enzo here either which felt like heaven to me.

———————

The next day, I only had 2 lectures. I had already finished the first one, and now it was time for my lunch.

I walked through the hallway towards the college cafe, before somebody stopped next to me.

"Excuse me, would you like to volunteer to help the elderly." An enthusiastic male voice called out.

I turned to see a guy with curly light brown hair and bright green eyes, holding a clipbook in his hand. He had a hopeful look on his face like a child. I scanned him through narrowed eyes, before shaking my head no.

"It's really beneficial for your future-"

"Unfortunately I don't care about my future. " I breathed without turning back, sounding a little too vulnerable than intended. He walked in front of me, causing me to stop.

"Move."

"You're the new girl right?" He asked sweetly. He then stuck his hand out. "Hi, I'm Roman."

I scanned him, waiting for him to be scared or intimidated. But he wasn't, making me furrow my eyebrows with surprise. Most people at this college are too afraid to approach me.

I had a friend in highschool, Lenora. She was the only friend who was loyal to me and didn't use me for my money. The rest scattered the second they found out I wasn't of use to them.

"Hmm. I could use you for something." I said as a smile formed on my face. "Roman, we're going to skip class today."

——-

"Are you sure we aren't going to get caught?" He asked uneasily as we sprayed the brick wall with spray paint.

"No, now come on. We have this patch left to do." I replied dismissively. He sighed before returning to spraying.

"Have you done the assignment for history?" He asked, making me freeze and turn to him.

"You aren't in my class?"

"I am. I just sit in the corner."

Furrowing my brows in realisation I continued spraying. "I've done the homework. By the way, what is this high school? They might as well have cheerleaders."

"Oh, they do. This college is all for sports." He shrugged.

We stopped and stared at our masterpiece on the wall, which was a colourful spray paint mural of a beach. I was always good at stuff like this, and this one looked professionally done, so I don't think anyone would notice. They'd probably assume the college did it themselves.

"Okay, I don't have anymore classes today." I said before throwing the can of spray paint on the ground and walking away in silence. I really hoped he wouldn't say anything else because I couldn't wait to have a warm shower and go to sleep early.

But this boy was something else, and called out making me wince. "Hey! I don't have any classes too! Maybe we can do something. There's this new place that everyone goes to, it's called The San-Fran Grill."

I sighed before walking up to him. I guess it wouldn't hurt to go just once, and I was quite thirsty. He smiled brightly and then we walked a few blocks before we stopped at a little restaurant-cafe place.

We went inside, and I noticed a lot of people from our college were here. We sat down, the laughter and voices of everyone filling my ears.

"Hi, how can I help you?" A waitress asked.

"I'll take the orange juice. Thanks." I said as I pushed the menu away.

"You aren't going to eat?" Roman asked. "I'm having the salad burger, you should try it."

"Fine. We'll take two salad burgers."

"And 2 Pepsi's." Roman added. The waitress took our order before walking away.

I looked around the place, seeing a lot of familiar faces. Almost all of the people were in our college.

My scanning abruptly halted when my eyes rested on a pair of colourless ones. I blinked at them, frowning with irritation seeing it was Enzo and his gang friends.

"So what's the deal with him?" I asked.

"Who?" Roman asked as he looked around the place.

"The great Santini."

"Oh, Enzo? Hot isn't he. But how can you even look at him without shitting your pants."

I scoffed. "Pfft, thats a joke right? It's just a guy with tattoos dressed in dark clothes. It's nothing scary."

"A guy who has a motorbike."

"And a motorbike." I added.

"A guy who can kill people." He said with a hushed tone and clenched jaw to stay quiet.

"Kill people?"

"I'm not saying he kills people, but have you seen the guy fight?" He said as he covered the side of his mouth.

"Shit." I muttered.

Romans phone beeped and he pulled it out as he turned it on. He was on his phone for a few seconds, before putting it away and looking at me with an excited face.

"There's a party tonight."

The waitress came with our food and placed the food down before leaving. "And?" I asked as I went to sip my orange juice. He made a pleading face as he looked at me.

Dropping my face, I shook my head. "No. I don't even know you."

"Pleaaasssee."

"I don't do parties. Drunk people, dancing...no." I refused.

"But this is a huge party, it's at Gretchen Mccoy's house and she's a bajilian-aire." He begged.

"Look, I don't think you know who I really am. I'm not that girl who hates parties just to be quirky, I actually hate parties from experience."

"This one will be good I promise." He pleaded. "And I don't have anyone to go with."

I decided to ignore him, as I was hungry and didn't want to talk anymore. He was still waiting for me to give a response. I finished my burger, and I pulled out some money before placing it on the table.

I was going to stand up and walk away, but then I stayed seated. A sigh escaped my mouth, and I knew I'd regret saying what I was about to say...

"Fine. I'll go." As soon as I said those words, a bright smile formed on his face. "But this doesn't mean we're besties." I added.

"You won't regret it!" He exclaimed before I stood up to leave.

"Text me the details." I said, and as I walked away I felt all eyes on me. Typical, I don't know what people find so interesting.

Later on that night....

The was suddenly a knock at the door. I got up to open it, but my face remained in its usual stone face expression seeing it was Roman.

He smiled as he held a few old grocery bags in his hands, which were filled with clothes. "Are you going to let me in?"

I exhaled and opened the door wider, and he ran in. I sat on my bed as I watched him unload the bags which were filled with clothes.

"Aren't you going to get ready?" He asked.

Then his face dropped into a more sympathetic one. "Ohhh, I know. You don't have any party things to wear, but don't fret...."

He pulled out a dress from his bag. "I have a dress. Don't ask how I got it, but you'll fit it in."

"As long as it's black-"

He threw the dress at me and I caught it and held it up.

"Oooh. Thanks." I said as I scanned the little dress. "What are you wearing?"

"I'm wearing this." He held up an outfit with a dark burgundy short-sleeve button up shirt, and dark pants.

"Ooh. Nice." We got ready, and I looked at myself in the mirror for the last time.

The dress hugged my slim body, and revealed a lot of cleavage. Nice. It brought out my long legs, which I recently learned to love. I hated them as a child, everyone teased me for being a little over the average female height.

I smoothed out the dot of pink lipstick I added on my lips and smacked them together. I already had some makeup from this morning so I just touched it up.

"All of the guys are gonna fall on their knees seeing you." Roman said. My lack of reaction or reply made him furrow his eyebrows.

I exhaled. "Let's get this over with."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

380K 5K 58
The failure to put trust into a stranger's words and a simple act of judgement became the catalyst for a tragic night. Arabella's pleasant life becom...
233K 3.9K 40
Book 1 of 2 When two of the biggest Mafia's are threatened, they are forced to work together to defeat the enemy. Anna Giovanni, a cold, ruthless and...
3.8M 88.7K 74
She was loud. Spirited, and a woman not afraid to speak her mind. She wore a smile too wide, a lipstick too bold and laughed too loud. Nina Vitielli...
88.1K 1.9K 49
× Book One Of The Red Mafia Series × "I don't understand how you could do that to me. I trusted you." I whimpered. "That's your fault." "I hate you...