Before We March

Oleh wearylife

Marching Bands and Parades are supposed to be fun but sometimes it turns to be a weapon for each and every vo... Lebih Banyak

Author's note
Chapter 1 : Prisoner of my Thoughts
Chapter 2: Surprised!
Chapter 3: Living to Hide
Chapter 4: A Bad Dream
Chapter 5: The Awakening
Chapter 6 : Homecoming
Chapter 7: Michigan
Chapter 8: House of Wolves
Chapter 9: Vision, Sandwiches and Payback
Chapter 10: Fight for your Dreams!
Chapter 11: The Sacred Lives
Chapter 13: Party Favor
Chapter 14: Give Me a Break
Chapter 15: What Happened To Brenda?
Chapter 16: Downtown Chase
Chapter 17: The Snow Will Fall From The Sky
Chapter 18: Bittersweet
Chapter 19: Famous Last Words
Chapter 20 : The Revelation
Chapter 21: Confession Kills.
Chapter 22: Where The Poison Is
Chapter 23: Déjà vu
Chapter 24: A Whole New Attitude
Chapter 25: The Final Tape
Chapter 26: Most Wanted
Chapter 27: Out for Good
Chapter 28: pros and cons
Chapter 29: The March
Chapter 30: An Unwanted Friend
Chapter 31: On a World Tour
Chapter 32: The Union
Chapter 33: For the Beaten and the Damned.
Chapter 34: As the World Watches
Chapter 35: RECKONING
Chapter 36: Truth Prevails
Chapter 37: Carry On
Chapter 38: The End. Is just my Beginning
A Message for the Marchers!

Chapter 12: Whatever It Takes

71 61 7
Oleh wearylife

"Son.."

I could hear his voice again but this time it seems to be different for he was like around or beside me. Like he was really here and his touches felt like reality.

I rushed out of the bed as soon as I heard my father's voice but he was heading downstairs in a jiffy. On the other side, I heard a voice of woman, her voice.

Calling us downstairs for breakfast.

"mom?" Jordan smiled as he headed to the door and expected someone else instead and saw uncle Vince and Ahruk preparing breakfast.

"oh.." Jordan reacts with a let down face.

Once again I was betrayed by my own thoughts. It feels so heavy waking up with the same wrong expectations so I headed my way out and told them that I'm going to get some fresh air.

I was walking on the street of kahreem when I kid started shouting and telling me to get off his way for he almost bump through me with clumsiness. Glad I was attentive and got to stop his bicycle on time.

"woah hold up kiddo be careful"

I was telling the kid to be careful on the next time he hits the street when I saw a very familiar house.

Our house.

Candles, dead flowers and letters are displayed outside. I pick one and coincidentally chose a letter from Michigan a long time ago.

Dear Jordan,

I missed you already, when are you coming back? Why did you leave me? I don't have anyone to hide to and play at the Sacred Park again. I'm very heartbroken for we don't see each other anymore and people here telling themselves that you're gone but I don't. You might be the prince but you're my best friend and I promise that we are staying that way, and I'm gonna see you once I ride the airplane in the future! I will- (the bottom part of the letter seems to be burnt by the candle)

"I will come to the city and bring you home"

I was trying to find the burnt piece when a voice of a woman surpass my ear out of nowhere.

"and I did, didn't I?" Michigan asked as I turned my head and saw her smiling as her hands are at her back.

Telling me that she wrote that letter when she was six years old. Her instinct seems to be right when she founded me here right after she came looking for me at Uncle Vince's house few minutes ago.

We take a look inside and got to be welcomed by the dusty wind. It is a total ghost and all of the furnitures left inside where covered by dirt. Webs on the ceilings and cockroaches marching at the old wooden floor and walls. I was telling her the past stories of this house as we go upstairs to find the box that poppu left for me but it was not around.

Then I found a treasure that it made me smile in tears.

Our family album.

Removing the dust from the pages my tears drops and felt hugging the album for minutes. Michigan started to comfort me as she hug me by the back and me again trying to blame myself for everything that happened twenty plus years ago.

"you cannot bring the past but you can change the future" Michigan said as she looked me straight into my eyes.

"I'm still here and what is important right now is your people is still here."

She seems to be the one who can calm me quicker than I expect for her words hits me that it made me realizes outside as I wipe my tears that she is right. I take a deep breathe and promises to our old house that I would change the game and bring justice to the bad memories it hid inside.

We visited the only school in town wherein it handles nursery till secondary. To spend some time with the children in the afternoon and donated some school materials for them and give away gifts for Christmas is around the corner. Michigan plays with the kids like she was that five year old girl that I used to know no doubt she got to be a flight attendant for her love and care for the others is such a high. The name Michigan really fits her.

The next thing we do is to give the community a gift. I know that being welcomed should be the people to received but it's such a long time that we bothered gifts stores before we arrive here at The Sacred Lives.

"Drones!" Ahruk yelled with excitement.

Our people here at The Sacred Lives doesn't even bother seeing the outside world so I decided to buy them box of drones for them to see the outside world, to see the beauty of the city in virtual eyes.

"And the next time I give you a gift again,I promise you it ain't gonna be virtual anymore for I am here to tell you all that I am coming back to the city with all the gratitude and hopes The Sacred Lives left for our family. I will fight for our freedom , for peace and for my father's dream for us to have a safe and a peaceful world because that is what makes this town sacred, what makes our lives sacred."

"TO OUR NEW KING!" Uncle Vince shouted.

"TO OUR NEW KING!" The people of the Sacred Lives followed.

The community stand with my words and there is no backing out this time. They gave us after these lovely pair of bracelet s made from wood beads and rubies with a carve written.

CARRY ON.

"It's your father's favorite motivation for us every time he speaks for the community" Uncle Vince explained.

The last day before we head back to the city I wouldn't miss the chance to enjoy The Sacred spots here in the town. This town might be a hideout but it was filled with wonder and captivating destinations.

I enjoyed the cold water of Lake of Peace with our people. Jumping off a high cliff, lake fights with the children and the elders and coin finding under the lake when Michigan got off the water and ask me to come with her for she will show me something.

As soon as we step out from the woods I almost forgot that The Sacred Park is waiting for us nearby. The park where me and Michigan always play hide and seek back then. We take a sit at the rusty see saw and got my hand filled with brown dirt for the park gets older.

"count and don't peak"

I never thought that I would say this again but the inner child of us were summoned as I count on a tree once again like the four years old me hearing the footsteps of her hiding at the woods.

"ready or not! here I come! A four years old Jordan shouted with his tinny little voice.

"come and find me at the woods Jordan" a five years old Michigan yelled.

I ran to the woods for I am trying to find her but the woods brings out my fear when I heard the sound of the birds flying away at the sky and heard my footsteps running and got to be find by my father but it's not going to make me go back this time and now is the chance to prove it to my father above heaven.

The hiss of the snake makes her shout and got to be the cost of the birds flew their wings away. The panic made her fall with a desperate scream. I flex my hands wide to catch her and it was a perfect timing that it led us fall hard to the ground with her at the top of me.

"Looks like the king of searching got the queen of hiding this time" The present Jordan spoked with a serious smile.

Our eyes met for our lips. My heart is singing for her and I had never felt this before . there was a spark that was about to embark in that connection. It was a compatible and strong connection.

But I felt like this is wrong and cut it off before it even starts. She felt the awkwardness as well and ask me to head back to the town in a hurry.

"c'mon it's getting late we have to leave in an hour to get your goal started"

We never talk about it and focused on our people and get hugs before we headed back to the city.

I was about to open the van's door when Uncle Vince brisk to chase me and gave me the thing that made me fulfilled my decision to go back.

"your father asked me to hide this back at Mrs. Baker's convenience store if you can still remember and told me to give it to you if something happens to him , well it sucks that he just predicted it but I know that this is very important to him so you must keep it."

I can't believe it my father knew it was coming that he made to ask someone to keep it for me in the future. That's how my father prepared for the hate they give for him and to the community. He sees it coming. I got jovial and felt very grateful for uncle Vince the time I received it and got my tears in waterfalls once again.

"I think he is prepared enough before he made the decision kid so don't put all the blames in you. it's not your fault kid."

Finally, I entered the van and told uncle Vince that I will make it up to his friend and promised him to see the light again. I'm going to continue what my father started decades ago and I'm going to repay his unselfish decision and get the justice he deserves.

What we deserve.

Whatever It Takes.

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

22.8K 908 17
Second chances.... Its a nice feeling to get a second chance. Sometimes you look back on your life, pause at some points and just wish for a second c...
1.3M 43.6K 68
He was filled with ego, rudeness, and cruelty. Every girl throws themselves on him just for his looks and money, but there is only one girl in his li...
100K 3.1K 54
I admit it, I was stupid to think that me of all people would be an ordinary woman. Nope. I've lived through tremendous abuse from being in foster ca...
119 2 16
"You must understand. Try to Understand. You must understand, that the world is different from where we stand. From where I stand. Please. Just List...