Angel (Book 4)

Bởi BrookeDittmar93

The fourth book in the Bad Things series. This can be read as a stand-alone. I was shackled to a table in an... Xem Thêm

Copy Write & Dedication & Title Page
Chapter 1. Do I Dare
Chapter 2. New Cop In Town
Chapter 3. Destroy Me
Chapter 4. Lots Of Guns
Chapter 5. Safer With Witnesses
Chapter 6. Forgiven
Chapter 7. A Mistake
Chapter 8. Cocaine
Chapter 9. Moving On
Chapter 10. Deja Vu
Chapter 11. Adventure
Chapter 12. Bad Things
Chapter 13. Lose-Lose Situation
Chapter 14. Hide And Seek
Chapter 15. Mess
Chapter 16. It Can Wait
Chapter 17. Selfish
Chapter 18. Too Late
This is...
Chapter 1. Moving On
Chapter 2. Steroids Are Illegal
Chapter 3. What's Left Of Me
Chapter 4. Pie and Wine
Chapter 5. It's A Long Story
Chapter 6. Free To Leave
Chapter 7. Funeral
Chapter 8. It Wasn't A Dream
Chapter 9. Come Get It
Chapter 10. Always Right
Chapter 11. Caveman
Chapter 12. You Weren't Supposed To See That
Chapter 13. Cheater
Chapter 14. Nobody Move
Chapter 15. Interrogation
Epilogue: Eighteen Years Later
BIG GIVEAWAY!
The Bad Things
RELEASE DATE FOR BOOK FIVE OF THE BAD THINGS SERIES

Chapter 16. Latin King

672 34 1
Bởi BrookeDittmar93

I stood across the dark street with a smirk on my face. I knew nobody could see me. I was dressed all in black. I had on a long black trench coat, black jeans, and a black tank top.

There was a streetlamp just several feet away. I walked out into the halo of light so the bastard could see me. I gave him an evil smile.

His gaze locked with mine. He stared at me, dumbfounded. He was going to spend the rest of his life behind bars.

I gave him a cocky smile and blew him a kiss. I wanted him to see me. I wanted him to know it was me who had set him up. I was the reason he was being put in handcuffs.

The cop pushed him against the back of the squad car and read him his Miranda rights. The lights of several cop cars danced across the streets and buildings.

"Do you need a ride home?" One of the officers asked me.

I smiled sweetly at him. "No, thanks. I can make my own way." I turned around and headed down the dark street. I raised my phone up to my ear.

"Hello?" A deep voice asked.

"It's done," I said.

"Be right there."

I continued to walk to the end of Fifth Avenue. A black Camaro pulled up. I threw the door open and climbed inside.

Jesse turned to look at me. "Things must have gone according to plan?"

"They did," I smiled widely.

Jesse gave me a high five, and he sped down the dark street and out of sight.

When we got back to the mansion, everyone was in the study, where I asked them to wait. I wanted to tell them what happened.

I opened the study door.

"Oh, Mia, thank god. What is going on?" Aria asked. Aria rose to her feet as concern filled her features.

"Everything is fine. Sit down so that I can explain," I said. I gestured for Aria to take a seat. I propped myself on the edge of the desk and crossed my legs.

Everyone stared at me in wonder except for Jesse. Jesse was the only person who knew exactly what happened.

"You've been acting off for the past few days, Mia," Ace said. His forehead wrinkled.

"I know because I couldn't tell you what was going on. I was working with the cops," I said.

"What?!" Aria exploded. She jumped to her feet. Her eyes grew furious.

Everyone's jaws dropped.

"Aria, let her explain," Jesse said sternly.

"I'm no snitch. It's nothing like that. However, by tomorrow morning, Angel should walk a free man," I said. I wasn't surprised Aria jumped to that conclusion. I knew how it looked.

"How?" Ace asked doubtfully. Ace eyed me suspiciously.

"The day after the wedding I received a letter. It was similar to a ransom note. The person in the letter stated they were the main witness, and they would take back their statement if I agreed to some things," I explained.

"Oh, no, Mia. You shouldn't–" Austin started, but I interrupted.

"I didn't, not exactly. The person wanted money. The thing about the letter was that I knew the handwriting," I said.

"Who?" Ace asked.

"Ricky Rivera, I dated him back in high school before I dated Angel. His family caused the death of my parents. I went to the cops with the letter. They said it wasn't enough proof. They said I would have to contact him and agree to meet somewhere. If he was the one who showed up, he could be arrested," I explained. I took a deep breath before continuing.

"I didn't involve the cops in the entire thing, though. The cops told me that same day they would be going back to the crime scene to see if they could find anything that may exclude Angel from being there." I smiled.

"After they told me that, I purposefully ran into Ricky. I didn't want to seem suspicious. I lied to him told him I believed Angel did it and that I was devastated. I hugged him, and very gingerly, I cut some of his hair off with a pocketknife."

"I went back to the house and placed a couple of pieces of his hair near the bloodstains on the floor. After that, I made it seem like Jesse got the letter. Jesse called the number and told them he would pay. He told them he would leave the bag of cash in Xavier's apartment."

Everyone's faces twisted into shock, but I wasn't done.

"The cops followed us through that entire procedure. The cops did find the hair at the scene yesterday as well, and it came back around five o'clock. It was a match to Ricky, and Ricky was the one who showed up at the house. Ricky was the eyewitness who claimed to see Angel go into the apartment. Now Ricky is headed to jail as we speak. The cops told me that Angel would be out tomorrow."

"Why didn't you tell us?" Aria asked, confused.

"The cops told me not to. They said the fewer who knew, the better so it wouldn't ruin the case. I didn't want to take any chances. I want Angel out as badly as the rest of you." My voice filled with sadness.

Someone started to clap. It was Benny. The others turned to look at him. Then like Benny, everyone started clapping. Excitement lit up everyone's eyes. We were all excited because we all knew that Angel was coming home.

Aria came over and hugged me tightly. Ace followed her and hugged me too.

"See you shouldn't be in school to be a nurse. You're a Latin King," Austin said with a smirk. Austin hugged me tightly.

I laughed. I couldn't say that I disagreed. I never fit in anywhere else the way I did with this family. I was good at working with Angel. However, I still wanted to finish school. I imagined as time went on, I would wind up working with Angel and not in a hospital.

When I pulled up to the jail, I parked the car and climbed out. I leaned against the driver's side door.

The door opened, and Angel came out. He looked around the parking lot until his eyes caught mine. He saw me and smiled.

I smiled back at him. My heart raced at the sight of him. My eyes washed over as if trying to memorize him.

He dashed down the steps.

I moved away from the car and ran toward him. I leaped into his arms, grabbed his face in my hands, and smashed my lips to his.

He broke the kiss and stared at me, stunned. "How the hell did you do it? What did you do? Who?" Angel stopped and shook his head. He had so many questions, and I was the one with the answers.

"You know, maybe I wouldn't make a bad cop. Should I change professions? Or perhaps a Latin King, everyone seems to think I'd make a damn good one of those," I said and smirked.

He smiled. "I think I have had it to here with cops," he said, raising his hand over his head. "So if you don't mind, I wouldn't want to be married to one," he said and chuckled. "One thing's for sure; your dad would be damn proud of you."

I smiled and pressed my lips to his.

He placed me down on my feet and I took his hand in mine.

"It was Ricky Rivera who set you up. So, I set him up," I said.

Angel laughed. "Oh yeah? How did you do that?"

"I'm going to save that story for the long plane ride to Hawaii," I said.

"You don't want to wait on Hawaii?" Angel asked. Angel headed for the driver's side door.

I headed for the passenger's side door as I spoke. "Nah, I'd rather go while I can still look good in a swimsuit or fit into one for that matter if you don't mind."

"What do you mean?" Angel asked. He intertwined his hands together and placed them on the roof of the car. His eyes locked with mine.

I smiled evilly and batted my eyelashes at him. I mocked his position standing across from him. "Let it sink in, babe, I'm sure you'll figure it out." I winked at him. I opened the car door and slid into the passenger seat.

After a couple of minutes, he climbed down into the driver seat and stared at me. His eyebrows were knitted together.

"Um, are you pregnant?" He asked. His voice was barely audible.

"Oh, good job, babe. See, you'd make a good detective too," I said and smirked.

"Are you for real? A baby?"

"Well, my period didn't come for a few days. I felt different over the last few weeks, so I thought I'd do a test. It came back positive."

"So, you were pregnant before the wedding?"

"Yeah, hey, do you think that counts as a shotgun wedding?" I giggled.

He threw his head back and laughed. He started the car and pulled out of the parking lot.

***

On the plane ride down to Hawaii, I told Angel everything. I told him how I figured out that it was Ricky and how I set him up.

Angel was worried that the Mexican Mafia would make another attempt to attack us again. However, we both knew we would be more prepared this time. It seemed like no matter what curve life threw at us, we were able to get around it.

The house in Hawaii was beautiful, of course. It was huge and on the beach. It had eight bedrooms and seven bathrooms. It was smaller than the mansion but still significant. It was similar to Ace and Aria's beach house. I could hear the waves crashing against the shore from the open windows. The sun was starting to set.

I slid the rubber band out of my hair and pulled on the long black satin robe. I turned off the light in the bathroom and walked back out to the bedroom.

Angel was sitting on the side of the bed across from the bathroom door. He licked his lips as his eyes swept over my body. He looked down at my wedding rings for a moment. There was a knowing look in his eyes that I couldn't explain.

I untied the robe and let it fall to my feet. I was now standing in front of him, wearing nothing.

"I love you, mami," he murmured.

"I love you too, babe," I said. I crawled onto his lap and smashed my lips to his.

He wound his arms around me and carried me to the top of the bed. He threw the blanket over us, and suddenly I heard a buzzing noise.

I pulled away from him and stared at him in shock. "What the hell is that?"

Angel didn't answer me as he placed whatever was in his hand down to my clit.

It must have been a small vibrator. It didn't feel very big.

He moved it in circles around my clit and smiled deviously at me.

A loud moan escaped me. "Oh my god!"

"Oh, hell yeah. I think I'm going to like this toy," Angel said and smirked.

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

325K 7.8K 61
"What are you doing to me, Mila?" He asks against my neck. - "Why are you looking at me like that?" She asks softly. I want to kiss you. I don't br...
2.4M 70.2K 64
Mafia Dark Romance : ••••••••• she looked back and saw him coming towards her with red blood shoot eyes. She didn't even blink her eyes when he was s...
40.2K 658 52
There is nothing more beautiful than watching an innocent angel fall apart at my sinful actions. I'm going to ruin her. "Augustine." And she comes...
139K 3.4K 39
*SLOWLY BEING EDITED* Zane had a special mission to accomplish. No one could find out that he's undercover. No one. But with those hazel eyes and her...