Being Parents

By acarolnmartins

Over 110,000 reads!! After the Golden Trio plus Ginny have been through so much in their short lives, are the... More

Telling Harry
Telling Teddy
Carrier Changes
Godparents' Secrets
Christmas Spirit
A Family of Families
New Year's Rough Start
New Beginnings
Old Grudges and Lovers
Bonded for Life
A Trip Down Memory Lane
Girl Talk
Arrivals
Meet J.S.P.
Couple Time
Party Much
Place Your Bets
First Times
Trick or Love
A Tradition of Sorts
Love Vacationing
Overwhelming
Meetings In Diagon Alley
New Friendships
Best Gift Ever
Boy Talk
Red It Is
Christmas Madness
Lateness Nightmare
Love Is In The Air
New Additions
Potter Vacation
Ten Years Later
Wedding of the Century
Epilogue

The Weasley's Reaction

20.4K 146 462
By acarolnmartins

"OH MY GOD! MERLIN!! YOU ARE PREGNANT?!?" 

"Yep, indeed, I'm pregnant." Ginny answered to an overexcited Harry Potter. 

"Like, pregnant of my baby, pregnant?" Harry was still in shock.

"No, actually it's the assistant coach's child." For a second, Harry frowned, but the frown turned to relieve when he realized Ginny was grinning. "Of course it's your baby, Potter! You're going to be a dad." 

Suddenly, Harry caught Ginny's waist and lifted her up and started swinging her around while hugging her. Once he put her down, Harry embraced Ginny on another hug and kissed her like never before. They were going to start a family! Harry Potter was finally going to have a family of his own. Not that he didn't consider the Weasley's his family, but for once he'd not have to consider anymore, it would actually be his family, his own blood. And the best part was that Ginny was his family too! Ginny was going to be the mother of his child! She was right: she definitely toped the night he proposed to her!  

When they parted the kiss, Ginny had to get back to her senses. Never had Harry kissed her like that. It was hard to put in words how she was feeling inside. It seemed so distant, now, the fear she shared with Hermione. She was ready to quit her job. Eventually she would figured out what she could do next, but for now she was going to enjoy just being Mrs. Potter. 

The young couple headed back to the house wrapping their arms on each others’ waist, discussing how they would break the news to the rest of the family. 

As soon as they opened the kitchen door, they went into a very angry Mrs. Weasley. 

"Where the hell were you two?" She screamed, making them feel like they were sixteen years old all over again. "Dinner is ready and everyone is waiting for you. Ron is almost starting to eat the table."

"Sorry, Mum.” 

"Sorry, Molly.” 

They headed to the two spots left on the table and Harry noticed how Hermione was brightly and weirdly smiling at him. 

"Ginny?" Harry whispered into Ginny's ear. "Why is Hermione looking at me or us with that crazy smile she gets when she knows something the others don't?" 

Before Ginny could answer, Ron asked loud and clear. "Hey, Hermione, why are you with your 'I know something everyone doesn't' smile?" 

"What?" Hermione snapped, but Ginny and Harry couldn't help but laugh. "What is it with you two now? I reckon you told him, Ginny?"

"Told him what?" George entered the conversation very curious of what was going on.

"We are laughing, Hermione, because Harry just asked me the same thing Ron did. It’s hilarious how you know each other that well. And, yes, I did tell him."

"For the love of Merlin, Ginny! What is there to be told?" Bill was the one to beg for what was the information that apparently just Ginny, Harry and Hermione knew about it.

"Well, it's your family, Gin, you tell them!" Harry encouraged his wife.

Ginny looked around the table and found her parents gaze on her, looking at her with curiosity and a bit of concern over the mystery being held in the conversation. Finally she looked over little Victoire and baby Dominique and the certainty that everything was going to be okay fell onto her. She got on her feet and made Harry get up as well. She took a deep breath and said "Everyone, we are going to have a baby! I'm pregnant!"

As expected, Mr. and Mrs. Weasley, as well as Bill, Fleur, George, Angelina and Charlie started to celebrate and congratulate the couple. They got up on their feet and started to hug Ginny and Harry for their first child. In one minute, the conversation contained baby names, baby food, baby needs and everything baby related. As you could predict, Mrs. Weasley put Hermione and Angelina on a very awkward position, asking them for their baby plans. 

"Mum! We aren't even married!" George cried out in embarrassment as he was building up the courage to ask for Angelina's hand for months now. 

~

"Hey, Ron? Are you ok, mate?" Harry asked Ron when they were about to step into the Floo to go home. Ron was still processing the fact that his little baby sister was pregnant and also the fact that his best friend was going to be a dad. There it goes the whole 'Ginny is still a virgin' theory hah?, Ron thought to himself. But when he looked into Harry's green eyes, he realized how happy Harry was, how much that man loved his wife and then, Ron opened up a big wide grin and finally extended his hand for a handshake which Harry took in on heartbeat and Ron pulled him into a hug.

"Congratulation, mate! I'm really happy for you both! I'm going to be an uncle again!" 

"Yeah, you are!" 

They parted the hug and smiled at each other. At the same time, Ginny and Hermione came from behind and wrapped their arms around their husbands' waists and kissed them on the cheek. 

"Ready to go, hon?" Ginny asked.

"Yep, let's go!" 

They all said their last goodbyes and thanks to Mr. and Mrs. Weasley and the two couples flooed back to their own homes.

~

Ginny arrived at Grimmauld Place and waited for Harry to arrived right behind her. As soon as he did, he grabbed her waist and pulled her for another kiss.

"Finally, alone!" Harry cheered. "I'm so happy, Ginny!" Harry hesitated for a moment and continued "But why didn't you tell me first? Obviously Hermione knew before hand."

"Oh, Harry, I'm so sorry. You're not mad, are you?" Harry nodded to the sides, assuring her he wasn't, but still Ginny could see a little disappointment in his eyes. "It's just that I got scared. I wasn't sure I was ready, or if we were. I didn't know how you would react. Then I thought about my job, I know selfish, right? I don't know maybe I just needed Hermione to say what I already knew..."

"And what was that?"

"That you loved me" She finally said.

"You needed Hermione to remember you that?"

As Ginny grinned a bit embarrassed, he restarted kissing her and pulled her off her feet, carrying her up the stairs all the way to the bedroom. He laid her on the bed and pressing onto her he continued kissing her while caressing her back. 

"I love you Ginny Potter, more than my own life" Harry said as he gently kissed her belly.

"I love you too" Ginny finally breathed out while being kissed on the neck - her soft spot Harry knew so well! 

When Ginny cried out with pleasure, Harry started to unbutton her shirt, deepening their passion for each other. Soon they would be under the sheets, with their clothes on the the floor, moving with each other, enjoying their love and breathing in their affection for one another.  

~

The newlyweds reached the kitchen of their London flat moments later, relieved to be alone again. As much as everyone liked the big Weasley reunions, they were always tiring and the couple had just come back from Australia. Their suitcases and bags where still on the kitchen floor and Hermione's first move was to start unpacking. But before she reached the bags, Ron caught her waist, hugging her from behind. 

"No way you're unpacking now, Granger! Ups, I mean, Weasley!" he turned her so he could face his new wife. "Tomorrow is still Sunday, and for as unheard as it is, we have no social appointments tomorrow! Just you, me and unpacking! So now..." He started to caress Hermione's back and kiss her collar bone. 

"Hmm, I guess that can wait. It is our first night home as married people after all." Hermione gave into her husbands arms and soon they would be heading to their own bedroom. They had been living on that flat together ever since they both started working on the Ministry early 2000. They had started one year later than Harry because Ron took some time off working in his brother's shop to heal from Fred's death and Hermione went back to Hogwarts with Ginny to finish her education. 

It was a small flat in muggle London, with just what they needed for now. One bedroom with bathroom, a kitchen with floo connected fireplace, a living room and a discreet dining room where they spent nights with their best friends, dining and laughing around. Hermione slept tight that night cuddling with her husband with the certainty that marrying Ron was the best decision of her life. Ron dreamed about the day they met on that train and wondered if deep inside he already knew if she was the one.

The morning soon came and the newlyweds let themselves to have a late morning just lying in bed with one another, snogging and relaxing for the week ahead of them. Once they were both ready to get up, they headed to the shower and ended up showering together. Anyone could see they had just got married, they were one in the same, never being able to leave one another. Now I understand why Ginny when she first got married wouldn't leave Harry's side, Hermione thought to herself while getting dressed and watching Ron put on a shirt.

The couple headed to the kitchen and while Hermione got breakfast going, Ron started on unpacking his own things.

"Wow, you are really a changed man, aren't you?" Hermione teased.

Ron stopped and, with a riddled face, asked "Why would you say that?"

"You started to unpack and I didn't even have to nag you about it!" 

Ron grinned and left the room to put away the stack of clothes he was carrying. When he came back, he wrapped his arms around Hermione's waist while she was at the stove and kissed her cheek gently. "I'm definitely changed! I'm too happy it shouldn't be allowed!" 

Hermione blushed and turned to give a quick kiss and whisper "I love you, Ronald." to his ears before turning to finish their eggs. 

~

The first rays of sunshine came through the gap between Harry and Ginny's bedroom window. Ginny's eyes flung open and she jumped out of bed and ran to the bathroom. Her morning sickness were starting to get the best of her. This time she didn't put on any effort to get out of bed without warning Harry, so as soon as Ginny got out of bed he was alarmed that something was wrong. He went to the bathroom to find Ginny bending down on the toilet, vomiting. He immediately took her hair out of the way and started to rub her back to comfort her the only way he could. Ginny was so weak she didn't even bother to have her husband see her like that. 

"Gin, honey, how long have you been having your morning sickness?"

Ginny got up and went to the sink to clean up and brush her teeth. "A week or so." She finally answered. "I didn't want you to see me like that."

"That's rubbish, Gin. I'm your husband, I'll always want to take care of you" he kissed her cheek. "Never forget that". Harry left the room and called out Flory. She appeared with a pop and bowed to her Master. 

"Master Harry. You call?" the little house-elf asked.

"Yes, Flory. Do you mind bringing Ginny her breakfast to bed and also some anti-sickness potion or something? Is there such thing?" Harry ordered.

"Yes, Master. Flory bring Mistress Ginny breakfast and yes, potion to make Mistress better!" and with another pop she disappeared into thin air. 

Ginny smiled at her husband and got into bed again followed by him. "You really didn't need to. I'm fine!" Ginny said.

"Well, I disagree. And is there anything wrong with me wanting you to feel better?" 

"No, there is no problem with that." Ginny kissed Harry full on the lips. 

"Hmm, I really should've been taking care of you before if that's how you pay me!" Harry joked. "But, hey, Gin?" 

"Hm?" Ginny answered while she snuggled up to Harry's bare chest. 

"I was wondering yesterday that now with the little one here," he caressed her still flat belly "we should start looking for a new home, don't you think?"

"Yeah, I guess. This place is still too dark to bring a baby home, isn't it?"

"Yes. And I've always wanted a big house with a garden, where we could play Quidditch with the children"

"The children? We haven't even had our first and you are thinking on others?" Ginny scolded. When she looked up and saw Harry turning a little red she smiled and completed "Well, I'm glad you think that way."

Flory appeared once again with a tray bringing breakfast not only to Ginny but also to Harry. The redhead took the potion and in a split second she started to feel better and started on her breakfast. 

"Thank you, Flory" Harry said and the pink house-elf bowed one more time before leaving the couple to their business and privacy. 

"We have to tell Teddy." Ginny remembered a moment later.

"Yes, we have. I'll send an owl to Andromeda. Next week we could bring Teddy here to spend the weekend, what do you think?" 

"Yes, it's been a while since we've done that! Sure." Ginny agreed seeming excited to be with her favorite (and only) godson. 

"There must be a room for him in our new house, too." Harry remembered while thinking of things he wanted at the house they would be looking for. 

"I wouldn't accept any different."

---------

So Harry couldn't be happier with the news, hah??? And Ron had to accept that maybe Ginny wasn't a virgin anymore hahaha

Hope you liked it and I swear that it will get better by each chapter. This was the very start of my writing so I promise I'll be better.

Caa xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3K 20 36
This FanFic will cover Events Imminently after the Battle of Hogwarts. Will anything be the same, Will the Wizarding world ever truly recover and wha...
127K 1.8K 48
It's been a few years since the Battle of Hogwarts, and Harry is finally happy again. Not only does he have his beautiful fiance, Ginny, but he now h...
22.1K 509 15
WARNING: Graphic depictions of suicidal ideation, self harm, and depression The battle of Hogwarts is over and students have returned to finish their...
16.5K 414 35
His past keeps up with him, no matter how hard he keeps the fight with his inner demons. He tries to forget but oblivion doesn't come to those who su...