Arrivals

Ronald Weasley was dueling two-on-one when Harry finally took down his last opponent. He immediately turned around to help his best mate and partner. Bones had freed herself from her own enemy and scanned the whole area to look for more dark wizards. Finding Ron struggling with his duel, she casted a stunning spell at one of the suspects at the same time Harry did, making the wizard go flying around the headquarters and making loudly into the floor. With one less treat, Ron easily rounded up some last effort energy and finished with the last terrorist standing.  

The sun was rising in the middle of the Russian steppe. The raid unleashed the previous afternoon, continued well into the night. As luck had it, the Aurors outnumbered the wizard terrorists by six people, but it was no easy fight. They were well-trained and organized. Thanks to the way the raid had to start, the Aurors lost the element of surprise, but still, got the best of it. 

As Harry got to Ron's side, he let out a grin and he hugged his friend tightly. After weeks of hard word, under stressful conditions, they did it. Their first mission away as Head Auror and Head of Mission Planning had been a success. Harry looked around at what was the battlefield. Now, the aftermath.

"Susan, are you alright?" Harry called out. 

"I can't find Seamus." The witch replied with alarm and worry on her voice as she moved around trying to get a hold of her partner. 

Harry took out his wand and pressed into his throat, casting an Amplifying charm. "All Aurors, round up to the meeting point to debrief."

Harry, Ron and Susan walked out the warehouse their suspects had made their headquarters and headed to the hill where they were stationed the last weeks in surveillance. In a matter of five minutes, everybody gathered round and Harry started to count his men. Ten agents were missing and Seamus was between them. 

"Ok, everybody, listen up." Harry yelled. "Ten people are missing. You lot," he pointed to some of the Aurors on his right side. "You will search the area for them and help them if they are injured. The rest of you will start to assemble our fellow thugs for detention. Gather their information and I want the numbers of casualties, injuries and I want to know if we let anyone get away. You are dismissed." 

As everyone went to their orders, Harry and Ron went to their tent to get in touch with the Auror Office and the Russian Ministry. Their back-up would soon come to arrest the terrorists and help was already on their way for the wounded. Finally they could go home and put a nice and shiny closed stamp on this case. 

After fifteen minutes, Kelly came in holding Susan on one side as she sobbed. Harry and Ron got up looking alarmed and went to her side as Kelly placed Susan on the couch. The young woman was pale and without a breath. 

"What happened?" Ron asked.

"Seamus was hit by a curse and caught under a wall that collapsed, probably because of spell damage. Wallace is there with him and the others are also helping him out." Kelly answered, being obvious Susan was in no position to do it herself. 

Harry sat beside his friend and fellow Auror and hugged her tight. "Shh. Seamus will be alright. The Healers are on their way and he will be treated. You have my word." He promised, hoping he would turn out to be right.  

A few of pops and cracks started to be heard outside the tent. Harry and Ron got up to meet whoever had arrived, leaving Susan to be comforted by Kelly. When Harry identified that the Healers had come, he left a sigh and a breath he didn't know he was holding out. Harry ran to them and pointed to the warehouse, where Finnegan was badly injured, asking them for their help.

As the others made their way back, Harry and Ron started to gather the reports from the raid. From the 30 Aurors, there had only been two casualties (one american agent and another french), three serious injury (between them Auror Finnegan) and about seven minor ones. On the other side, they counted six casualties, fifteen arrests and three flees. As the Russian authorities came along, the Aurors started to head to the Russian Ministry where the ones who weren't to be treated, had to wait for dismissal.