Old Grudges and Lovers

Coming fast as a Nimbus 3000, February arrived and everyone was just busier than ever. The cold was still present, but far less excruciating. Snow was slowly melting and the days a tat more sunnier. Soon spring would come and the flowers would bloom.

The Weasley clan was making the impossible come alive. Planning a wedding in only six weeks wasn’t an easy job, but Angelina didn’t want to marry showing already, so the ceremony had to be quickly organized and her dress was designed in a way so her stomach wouldn’t be showing at all. They decided to have it the day after Valentine’s Day for much of Ginny and Hermione’s joy. Harry and Ron would be leaving for their mission the following monday, there so each couple could enjoy a day full of love before the guys’ departure.

Harry and Ginny were still struggling with the new parents’ responsibilities they now had with Teddy, but little by little, they were all adjusting. Teddy’s hair rarely turned grey anymore and the boy seemed to be quite excited to be enrolling on a muggle Primary school in september on the village near by. 

Ron and Hermione were over the roof about becoming godparents, but also a bit relieved it’s still not their time to become an actual parent. The thought of a baby on their own scared both of them, more than they would like to admit. 

Hermione had filled her law proposition for house-elves rights on the beginning of the month and was extremely unease by the wait for its approval. Harry and Ron, on the other hand, weren’t very trilled about the mission they were putting together. As it was the first one as Head Auror and Head of Mission Planning, the stakes were just too high, not counting with the danger of the task itself. 

The Aurors were tipped off about unusual magic activity on the far end of Sweden, corresponding to the ones they already captured in Britain and others nearby countries that matched with their suspicious about the involvement of dark wizards (probably former Death Eaters) with terrorists attacks. Starting from there, Harry Potter, Ron Weasley, Seamus Finnegan, Susan Bones, Wallace Moore and Kelly Hall would be stationed to search for those dark wizards and finally try to put an end on their on-going horror on the muggle world. But it wasn't that simple. They couldn’t just go without a well-structured plan. 

Since it was overseas, other Ministries had to be contacted and Harry and Ron were finding themselves on several meetings with other Ministers for Magic and Heads Aurors around Europe as well as Kingsley himself. 

But their hard work was paying off and by the last friday before they were to leave to Stockholm, everything was arranged and the Aurors that were meant to leave for the mission would have a quite weekend to enjoy it with their loved ones.

“So, guys, rest this weekend, enjoy Valentine’s Day with your loved one and if you don’t have a loved one, enjoy it with a friend or lots of food… same thing! That’s for you, Moore!” joked Harry as he concluded the last meeting on friday. Everyone laughed.

“I bet you’ll enjoy it well with Ginny, hah, Potter?” Seamus teased. Ron gave him a playful nudge and Harry threw him a dirty look. It was nice to have Seamus around. He was the only one left from their Hogwarts buddies on the Office, since Neville quit to teach at Hogwarts the previous year. Of course Susan Bones was their friend too, but much more close to Seamus than to Ron and Harry, specially after they were put together as partners. 

“Yeah, I do plan on it!” Harry winked at Ron, who blushed severely. “Anyways, people, this is it. I’ll see y’all on monday, seven sharp, at the portkey location. You’re dismissed.” 

The five Aurors clapped softly and soon went their own way, probably home or to a pre-Valentine’s Day party. Apart from Harry, Ron and Susan, the other half of the Aurors meant to go to on the mission were single.